Old 01-14-2009, 12:52 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Bejeweled- That's freaking awesome! You go girl!

Bcarter- I just think you're an amazing woman!
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:44 PM   #182  
I will do this.

Tara PM your e-mail address for those crock pot meals

cake I lost your e-mail. PM me with it please and I will send you those meals, too.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:06 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

OMFG....

So this inauguration stuff is out of control. 95N is already congested and people are taking off work in droves to try and get up there before this weekend. They're saying traffic will be backed up all the way to RICHMOND, VA!!!

I had to leave an hour in advance just to make it to my job interviews. I had two. On the first, the lady doing the interview had brain damage or something and spent an hour telling me about her 6 pomeranians and her horrible 3 ex-husbands and how she can't stand the way men are jealous of dogs... *twilight show music* Then when she got to the actual interview she couldn't remember what any of my answers were and asked me every question at least three times. Then she kept wringing her hands, so I kept half expecting her human face to bust a seam, fall away and a reveal her true form to be a giant talking praying mantis. It is a wonder that her business is doing as well as it is.

The next idiot was some lawyer straight out of American Psycho. He's in the middle of listening to me go on about my education, and giving me the wolf eyes, then as the interview is concluding and he's shaking my hand, he suddenly pulls me in a little and starts begging me to have lunch with him. Um. EW, NO! First he's like 40, AND he has greaser hair. Second, even if I wasn't married I would never consent to anything from a *begging* man just on principle. Get a backbone! What is it with me and creepy old guys!? If there is a middle aged perv within a 12 mile radius, I will find him. The only man with silver hair that I would ever dream of making the moves on would be that fox Anderson Cooper, but alas he does not bat for our team.

HWGA -- There you go! Give em' **** girl! And good call on ditching that guy. Ugh. He sounds like a flake.

I know I sound like a raving fool when it comes to that stuff, but it drives me insane how our society drives it into our brains that we're worthless unless we're making everyone else happy and putting ourselves on the backburner. Why are we only worth something when we're miserable and selfish when we're happy? It irks me.

Cake -- I'm sorry it ended like that, but at least now you've got a ton of free time to devote to yourself and finding someone that you are 'in love' with. You're great, and I think you're going to enjoy your life a lot more without that cloud hanging over your head. Keep your chin up.

Brie -- YAYAYAAAAY! I wish my scale would budge. I'm surprised it hasn't started singing the 'nyeh nyeh' song at me.

Carter -- You're gorgeous, and you could have any man you wanted. You just don't want them. See?

Cali -- Glad you're feeling a bit better! Cayenne-honey-lemon tea works wonders for sore throats and peeing yourself well. Kudos for exercising anyway. I would be laying in bed whining. LoL.

Bee -- I'm not a fan of Atkins either. My godmothers DH died from a heart attack. He had been following Atkins for two years. Not saying that the diet did it, but his previously normal cholesterol skyrocketed and so did his BP while he was on it. I get bad juju from it. Hopefully his will power will give out so you can coax him over to WW. It's infinitely healthier, imo.

Last edited by NishKitten; 01-14-2009 at 03:09 PM.
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:17 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

Chatty cathies again today!! haha

I am so frustrated/angry about work today!!! I had a meeting with the special education director about one of my students and his IEP. I was sitting across the table from him when halfway through discussing the questions and concerns the team had, I actually saw him pull his cell phone out of his pocket and he was TEXTING.....while I was talking to him!!!! I expect that from my kids since they're high school kids, but at least with them, they know that if I am talking to them, there is eye contact made! Seriously, how unprofessional can you get? Especially since, I left the meeting with none of my questions answered and I feel like I have more questions now than I did before! Ugh...I hate my job sometimes!

I'm actually looking forward to going to the gym later on tonight with my friend so I can take all those frustrations out on the elliptical machine LOL
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:26 PM   #185  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Nish- That stinks about your two interviews. I wouldn't want to work for either one! And ewww about the old creepy guy.

I hear you on the way our society is. I was talking to hot Latino manager today again... lol I was complaining why guys just want one thing. He said that he is a different better person around me b/c he respects me and knows I'm not about what most girls seem to be. I was like great, that line. "He respects me". I understand that, but it seems that guys like those type of girls, it's not me. I mean honestly it's been since Feb since I've done anything with a guy besides kiss. I'm not saying I'm celibate but I don't believe in just giving it away either, did that in my younger days. lol .... dang I don't like guys. Sorry, mini rant. Why can't a guy just respect me and like me for me?

Chel- I dont blame you! It's rude to be in a meeting and start texting. Geez.
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 05:04 PM   #186  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

Height: 5'8"

taking a quick homework break

nish- are u in the dc area i will be there fri for a week. i have some friends that own a club or two in dc supposed to be really fun maybe we can hang out if u dont put on that outfit that DH really likes LMAO
have u tried changing up your exercise? maybe your body is comfortable at that size and doesnt want to move.

hwga- all men want to have sex it just whether they are willing to do it on your terms or hit the road. men will be how they will be u just have to carry yourself in a way that it doesnt matter u will always come out on top.

okay i'm gone again i have to get an A on this final tonight!
bjeweled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 05:28 PM   #187  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Chele- UGh... As if IEPs aren't bad enough...
Brie- No more obese!!!! Yay!

As for me, snow! It never stops...
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 05:58 PM   #188  
I will do this.

I just tried to post this huge long post....and for some reason it was deleted.

I am going to go sulk now until I feel compelled to write another one.

Just a few things about my day:
1) Another 40 minutes and 500 calories on the elliptical
2) I opted for subway instead of chiptole with my fiance
3) It is my 2 week anniversary of being smoke free today!

I will do personals after I am done pouting about my super long post being deleted.

Last edited by Taylor86; 01-14-2009 at 05:58 PM.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:17 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Taylor That has happened to me before and GOSH it sux. Sorry honey. Congratulations on NO SMOKING

Nish We are not actually broken up yet...but thank you so much for your support. Sorry about your interviews today. Especially the creepy old guy.

Chele All I have to say is HOW RUDE

HWGA Thanks for the site. I went there. I may post a question. I have all of those things guilt trips, isolation, control...you name it.
And I agree with Brie on the guy thing....about the one who wanna do it and the ones who wanna do it on your terms....

Brie I am gonna start C25K on sunday. I read about it on the site and I haev done something similar, except I was doing it with a buddy. So of course she didn't I didn't which eventually led to never. Now gt to studying

Bee and Carter I guess that makes three 3FC whores cause ....me too

Tara Where are ya honey

Arts well I guess ya'll do have lives....lol

Last edited by CakeBatter; 01-14-2009 at 07:34 PM.
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 07:30 PM   #190  
keep on truckin'

S/C/G: 253/249/190

Height: 6'1

Hey ladies!

Taylor: I had Subway today too! I get the footlong veggie delight, because I am a vegetarian and it is soooo good! That is awesome that you have gone two weeks without smoking! Keep it up girl!

Nish: You have a lot of good advice about men! Seriously, it is really motivating. I hear you on the inauguration stuff, my sister is in the ceremony because she is in the services. She is supposedly going to be right behind when when he does his thing. I'm excited to watch it!

bjeweled: good luck on your final!!!

Cake: don't let a man control you! You are the boss of you, no one else!

~~ All of this man discussion has really given me good motivation to respect myself. I was talking to HWGA about it, and I have realized that I constantly seek approval from men, instead of just loving myself and getting approval from myself. I need to be happy from within, and not rely on men to create false happiness. I need to start being more of a diva with them! I ordered that book "He's just not that into you", and I am definitely ready to start reading it!
vdaybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:26 PM   #191  
I will do this.

Ok I am gonna try posting again now that I have pouted for awhile.

Anyway - my day has been pretty dang sweet. As I said before I have worked out for 40 minutes burning 500 calories and then ate some subway. I made my fiance make a special trip to subway to get me a foot long turkey sub instead of a burrito. I just couldn't justify a burrito after my date night last night!

And like I said earlier it has been two weeks since my last cigarette. I am super proud of that and when school starts on tuesday it will be more than three weeks and just that much easier to stay a non-smoker during school. I treated myself to an americano from starbucks - and then promptly spilled drops of coffee on my newly cleaned white shirt....which I had only been wearing for about 10 minutes. Yes, I am that awesome. haha.

My Dad is coming over for dinner tomorrow so I am planning to workout again tomorrow for 40 minutes and 500 calories because he likes his wine...and so do I. I am planning on serving cornish game hen, brown rice, asparagus and then hummus and veggies for an app. I am pretty excited - I love spending time with my Dad.

vday Yup - you need to love yourself and then HE will come. You are beautiful and very deserving of a guy...and he'll find you.

Nish Seriously girl! You need to write a book - the stuff you have to say is so good and I love reading your posts. And, um - how did you get that confidence? You ROCK.

bee, carter and cake I am a 3fc whore, too!!! I love it and I love you guys!!!!

cake Don't EVER, EVER let a man let a man control you. I agree totally and completely on what HWGA has to say. I heart you. Oh, and have fun at bellydancing tonight!

jewled Go get an A on that final, babe!

HWGA I like you for you!!!

chele I HATE people who play with their phone while talking to me!! Or even in class, like when I am I am sitting across from them and they are texting! I think it is the RUDEST thing ever. Go take your anger out on the elliptical machine! I did this morning and it feels great !!

carter You're a hottie. Seriously. Guys are just dumb.

tara Hello? Where have you been today?

arts How did you do today? Make it to the gym? How has your first few days back been??
Old 01-14-2009, 08:27 PM   #192  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

Taylor -- I love having you as a buddy thanks for being spectacular and good job today! You are so awesome! Are you ever on AIM? I added you but it seems like you're never on, unless I added you wrong....

hwga -- seriously it is so great to have guy friends like that! Sometimes better than having a boyfriend, haha!! Though he might be hot, it sounds like he's a good guy to just have around!!

bjeweled -- i just did that workout too!! My onDemand on my TV has workouts and it's SOOOOOOOOOO cold outside that I didn't want to go out!!

vday -- you are SO SO RIGHT!! I have the same thing, except within the theatre community. I have decided that I'm stopping looking to directors and casting agents for validation. If they don't cast me, it's not because I'm not talented, it's because I'm just not what they're looking for. It just wouldn't make sense! Aaaaaaaaaand that book is pretty funny!! A nice light read

So I didn't go to the gym today, but I DID do week 2 #1 of the 30DS. I really like the way she acknowledges how HARD that stuff is!! I hate it when they're like "isn't this great!! It feels like flying through a sky full of cupcakes and rainbows!! It's like my muscles are singing kumbaya!!!" And I'm like "uhhhh actually it's more as if they flying through hades. but thanks!" I don't own the DVDs, but my onDemand has some of them (like i said to bjeweled) and decided that instead of braving the cold to go to the gym I would stay in my warm warm apt and do that! I think it shows my commitment that I didn't just give myself the night off, right?

My mom was down in the city for a conference so she took me out to dinner with some of her work friends. I made the best choice possible...had a chicken sandwich instead of the bacon cheeseburger I wanted, haha. Also, I made sure to eat the sandwich first, as the portion of fries they gave me WAS tempting!! After I finished the sandwich I did eat some of the fries because I was genuinely still hungry. I'm well within my calories for the day and might have a glass of light chocolate soymilk later as a little "dessert" -- really I just like having something sweet at night!
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:30 PM   #193  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

ALSO -- I did start school today. It was so great to run into a bunch of friends. After transferring to this school from my old one where I had a great group of friends, it's nice to really be feeling like I have a little family here at my new college. Classes were fine -- today's were all continuations of ones from last semester so same profs, classrooms, etc. Nothing too exciting!! Tomorrow is the new class. I tracked my food in the middle of the day, as well, instead of waiting until the very end and I feel like that it kept my motivation up a bit
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:45 PM   #194  
I will do this.

arts I am so glad you had such a good day today! I like having you as a buddy, too! No, my screen name on yahoo is Chairinthecorner12

tara + cake Crockpot recipes are sent!! Enjoy!! (Thanks LizzeBee!)

Last edited by Taylor86; 01-14-2009 at 08:52 PM.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:11 PM   #195  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

HWGA It's always nice to hear that someone cares about us... it's nicer when it's a hot hispanic guy.

Taylor Well..thanks for the recipe and your PIN. hehe. Having someone to talk to on the phone messenger ALWAYS is great! The road is really bad here today that I had to leave early for work and a nap because I only got 4 hours of sleep yesterday...so although I had time to read, I didn't have time to post anything...until now..at work....and it took me about an hour longer than usual, too.

Cake Thank you for wondering about me... You ladies all make my heart WARM~~~

I better get going to do some work and will be back later with more personals.
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote