3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   *****Weekly Chat Jan 12-18****** (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/161272-%2A%2A%2A%2A%2Aweekly-chat-jan-12-18%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A.html)

CakeBatter 01-12-2009 11:09 AM

*****Weekly Chat Jan 12-18******

GoooooD Morning Ladies,

I didn't see a new chat anywhere so I thought I would start one.

I have good news I didn't cave in and eat an ice cream sandwich last night. It was hard but I managed. I got my gym bag in the car all ready to hit the Y when I get off work:carrot:. I am off to a good start. :)

I am back at work and in the flow of things. I usually hate Mondays but it is not that bad since Pittsburgh Steelers won last night and are on our way to the AFC Championship. I get to gloat to the boyz at work...HAHA

I hope everyone's day is going great.:hug: for everyone.

Bejeweled I love the new pic. And understand about prolonging the visit. It really doesn't matter in the end but it does make you feel better. You look great.

Taylor Thanks

Vday and HWGA I can come too. I LOOOVE Partying

Blcarter84 01-12-2009 11:14 AM

I am doing much better this morning. Trying to convince myself that in a couple of months if I keep up the progress I WILL feel and look great...better then I have in YEARS! So I think once I bust through the 190's I will feel MUCH better about things. Everytime I have lost weight I always get stuck at 190 and 170....darnit...well I'm bustin through it this time and hopefully before the end of the month:) if not next week

CakeBatter 01-12-2009 11:19 AM

Carter Looks like we are in the same boat. I am soooooo tired of the 190's. It is my Valentine's Day wish.

leighish 01-12-2009 11:22 AM

I"m tired of the 180s!

shantroy 01-12-2009 11:45 AM

Hope everyone had a good weekend. I has my company xmas party on saturday. It was awesome. I hurt my ankle in the conga line (fell of my high heel shoe when my boss did a pretty violent hip shake), but other than that it was excellent. The theme of the party was "We go together like...." I won a Knife and fork, a box of Mac and Cheese, a small bottle or rum and a can of coke and some gin and tonic. I totally cleaned up at all the games. Totally cheesy but soooooooooooooo much fun! I looked pretty good too. I wore a wicked low cut black satin blouse, that made the girls look AMAZING, black crushed velvet tuxedo pants that fit perfectly, and a georgeous pair of black pantent leather 3 inch heels. I felt so sexy and classy. I need to find another place to wear that outfit!

I did get into a mini spat with my roommate. Before the party we went shoping coz I still needed one or two things. She kept aksing me to try on various outfits, that were totally not my style. Even after we got home, she kept trying to get me to try on every dress in her closet. When I kept telling her that it wasn't my taste or quite right for the party (trying to be as polite as possible)... she got a little ticked off and told me "I had a very narrow minded very of clothes. And should learn to like other kinds of stuff." I kinda wanted to snap. It's not a big deal but it was kinda frustrating. Just needed a mini vent. ***Rant Over***

Blcarter I'm in the same boat, I just wanna be out of the 150s it's my v-day goal!
Cakebatter Way to go on the icecream sandwich. Can you pass some of the motivation my way? Our receptionist just put of a dish of goodies and it has tootsie rolls and jujubes in it. My two favourite candies. Help!

rnbg813 01-12-2009 11:48 AM

Anybody else hate Mondays as much as me?! Actually today hasn’t been too bad so far, AND.....I was down 1/2 a pound! HAHA. Hey it’s a start right? I am over my bronchitis enough to get to the gym now, so tonight will be the first time all year for me! I am way excited. Also, I put a reserve on the South Beach Diet book at my library, so hopefully I will get that tomorrow.

My goal for today: 30 minutes cardio at the gym, weights if I have time, and to drink 8 large glasses of water. So far I am 2/8.

One day at a time!!

Blcarter84 01-12-2009 11:50 AM

Dis- You are too kind to me:) Can you just move here so we can be friends hehe! I need some good ones...seems all the people I thought were true to me were really liars boohoo
Shantroy- yay on lookin sexy mama:) Too bad for your roomie being a damper. But glad that you had fun at the party
Alright ladies...seriously I am going to work out now...catch ya'll lata

CakeBatter 01-12-2009 11:59 AM

Troy It walways when someone trys to force their ideas and opinions on you. On the bright you were fabulous at the party.

RNBG Hey you are off to a good a start. SO far so good. I jsut have to stay motivated all thru work to make it to the gym......

Guess what ladies....I signed up for bellydancing. It starts Wednesday. I'll keep you posted. I took it before a few years ago but I moved and there wasn't a class around. I gotta start at level I again since it has been so long. But I am still so excited.

Bee20nine 01-12-2009 12:18 PM

Mondays are the mondays ugh. I called the agency that is running the interviews for this job I am going for bc I gotten an email this week that they will soon be scheduling the next one, then on saturday I got a POSTCARD in the mail saying that I was no longer being considered my app was active for 30 days etc. I was like wtf, so I called and I am still being considered and I should hear something by the end of the day. Grrr I wish this agency would get their ducks in a row.

On lighter notes I went to the gym this morning and did the 2.5 mi on the treadmill and free weights, core strengthening etc.

Cake: Belly dancing? sounds like soooooo much fun and something I would so do I wish I wasn't broke.

Carter: My dear you are gorgeous, the silly number on the scale doesn't define your beauty.

leighish 01-12-2009 12:23 PM

how good is belly dancing for stomach toning?

CakeBatter 01-12-2009 12:28 PM

Last time my waist got noticeably smaller (more hour glass like) but I have never seen my abs before (i mean in my whole life) so maybe I am not the one to answer that. However the thinner girls in my class' abs are the sh**.

bjeweled 01-12-2009 12:34 PM

cake - thanks girl! this pic is from august when i first cut my hair like that it has been ninety different ways since then. i just loved how i felt that weekend and i think it shows in the picture. ice cream sandwiches are the debble!:devil: (movie trivia??!???!!) lmao unless they are skinny cow! i have some of those in the fridge yummy! u should try them.
belly dancing sounds like so much fun! ive been taping shimmy on fit tv but havent tried it yet.

becky -first of all you are beautiful! second, you really are losing weight pretty rapidly i think you will be fine just stay consistent girl. i am thinking about trying south beach one more time to see if i can get this weight loss jumpstarted cause i am losing inches but not pounds ugh. and trust i have pounds to lose. just keep it up girl do what you know u need to do and you'll be "sexytime in 2009" in no time! ;)

disg - why u gotta stand outside that sounds wretched.

shantroy - conga line accident sounds blooper show worthy lol i hope you are okay! yr roommate sounded ridiculous. i dont borrow my roomies clothes but she borrows mine i just dont like her "style" to put it nicely lol

bee- that job is crazy if u really want it i hope it works out but they sound unorganized

i have to clean my house today!!! if idont the junk will swallow me for sure. i start my crazy school schedule wednesday and i go out of town friday so i have to get it done before that otherwise i will surely flunk. i cant be productive in junk!

i have not lost a pound in a week and i am sooo pissed ive been working out like crazy! so i plan to tweak my eating a bit. and see if that helps this week. if not when i return from vaca i will start south beach and see if that will help me break this craziness. i have been working hard i deserve to see that scale move lol.

leighish 01-12-2009 12:36 PM

cake: At this point in the game, my legs are toned, my arms are toned, my shoulders are toned, but my midsection is still sad :(. I guess I think maybe I should try something new? the shred doesn't seem to be helping me much.

shantroy 01-12-2009 12:54 PM

bejewled It was pretty funny. I was a tad bit inebriated, by the time the conga line rolled around. I grabbed on to our president's hip and was conga-ing away, when he gave a pretty good hip thrust to the right and I just went on down (nearly took his pants off in the process) I kicked off my other shoe and kept on conga-ing. It was very amusing. But my ankle is killing me this morning!

rnbg813 01-12-2009 01:17 PM

So...it seems like you guys all know eachother pretty well already, but I'm new here, so I'll ask anyway -

what do you guys do? Work, stay at home, mom, school?

I'm a paralegal for personal injury attorneys. I'm married and my husband is STILL in school, haha....he's in his 3rd year of dental school, about a year and a half left. We don't have any kids yet but are thinking of getting pregnant in about a year or so. Well, I want a baby NOW but he wants to wait till he's done with school and I guess I do want to wait until I am a little thinner to get pg.

How about you?