Old 01-14-2009, 01:10 AM   #136  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnbg813 View Post
So...it seems like you guys all know eachother pretty well already, but I'm new here, so I'll ask anyway -

what do you guys do? Work, stay at home, mom, school?

I'm a paralegal for personal injury attorneys. I'm married and my husband is STILL in school, haha....he's in his 3rd year of dental school, about a year and a half left. We don't have any kids yet but are thinking of getting pregnant in about a year or so. Well, I want a baby NOW but he wants to wait till he's done with school and I guess I do want to wait until I am a little thinner to get pg.

How about you?
Oops I totally missed this question. hehe

Let's see.. I'm a bilingual support tech at an IT outsourcing company, and mainly deal with pharmaceutical companies. I'm from S.Korea, divorced, have 3 year old daughter. I go to school full time also..for Management Information Systems..but I take 8 week classes, so I'm on break right now until March. Hopefully I will be able to use that time to
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:23 AM   #137  
Can't wait till 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellart View Post
is anyone else up north freezing their butt off. i can hear the wind blowing menacingly outside my window. im sick of winter and snow already. and it's only just begun.
Oh yeah! It's about 3°F here in Michigan right now... and tomorrow, it's supposed to feel like -11°F... and no time for snow on the ground to melt as it keeps coming when the snow from the last time is about to be gone.. How LOVELY. and I have to drive about 35 miles one way to work...
Old 01-14-2009, 01:53 AM   #138  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

Height: 5'8"

arts - it looks like even though you are upset you are channeling your energy in the right direction by working out more! keep it up and those pounds will be ancient history again!
i love to hear about people who are kind of picky eaters. my friend is super picky and i laugh cause i wish i was. i am on this website due to how majorly UNpicky i am.

cake - high five to you for going to the gym in the face of emotional adversity! i cant say i always step up to that challenge. it will get better for you! why dont u come to dc in all the craziness and kick it its going to be a blast!

tara - i remember your exercise efforts befor you left and you impressed me to the point of almost jealousy. i wished i could work out like that.
i want to try thai food one day but i'm not big on trying NEW foods. i had a bad run in with sushi...ewwww

kelli - i want to try boxing so bad but i cant afford any new pursuits right now. stick around a bit so i can live vicariously through you.
i know it was hard to do what you did about the bf i think u are super strong.

stellart - it is sooo cold it is ridiculous here. and its supposed to get colder the wind woke me up last night UGH

RHTS - i am going to dc on friday i have tickets to the inauguration! i am soo excited.

sooo i went to the gym after class tonight and did my c25k! i am out of my exercise funk! i ate a nice salad and now i am going to stay up and work on some assignments.YAY!

Last edited by bjeweled; 01-14-2009 at 01:55 AM.
bjeweled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:07 AM   #139  
Can't wait till 170

bjeweled C25K is great, isn't it? I didn't get to finish the whole program but I am at least able to run about 30 minutes without break, thanks to it! And Thai food isn't that bad.. and Pad Thai is not too much different from Ramyon noodle, I guess...Nothing raw...The standardized one at Thai restaurants have just rice noodle, bean sprouts, peanuts, cilantro, and whatever meat or tofu you decide...and I know that's one of the Thai food many Americans eat. I'm flattered that I impressed you that much.. I must have worked out quite a lot. Well... here I go again! No, Here we go again! Let all of us do it!
Old 01-14-2009, 02:33 AM   #140  
I will do this.

HOLY COW GIRLS I miss one day of this chat and I can't hardly keep up!!

The date night went really well with Chris and I stuck to my plan..only had a few bites extra of bread. I am guessing I ate a bit over 1,000 calories but I knew I was going to and I did the elliptical and I went into dinner having only 200 calories in my "calorie bank"

He even ordered the cheesecake of which I had NONE. Yay. And I had pre-popped my 100 calorie popcorn so I take that in my purse and got a huge bottle of water available at the theater. We saw Revolutionary Road and it was fabulous...the ending was not what I expected but it was amazing.

Chris told me looked great and he could tell I was loosing weight again and that made me feel really good. I love him so much. And it was a great excuse to wear my new lancome makeup! That stuff is soo expensive so I only get a few things and I only buy them like..once a year and make it last. OH - and I wore the perfume he bought me for Christmas..Ralph Lauren Romance. I love the way it smells.

bjewled Awesome job on going to the gym! WOOT! You rock, Ms. Brie !

remember I remember when my boobs were swollen. It was pretty funny because they were, um..weren't saggy anymore and stuck straight out! Do they have you wearing a compression vest? I am so glad you are back. I missed you.

arts Hey - it happens - we all fall off the wagon but the most important part is to FORGIVE yourself and move on. I am sure you are gonna loose this weight and believe it or not most of your weight could be water due to bloating. I HATE cooking, too. But I use my slow-cooker for a lot...hey I gotta a bunch of reciepes from LizzeBee if you wanna them. They are weight watchers friendly and all around tasty.

cake Thanks for your support and encouragement today! It was awesome. And great job on the elliptical! We are two sexy elliptical a$$ kickin' hotties! Have fun at belly dancing tomorrow! Let me know how it goes!

porkchop

hwgaMMmm burrito! What kind? Great job on doing the bike!! Hows the SBD going for you?

bee I hope your weigh-in goes well!! :

hipp I have food dreams too! Mostly about Chinese food because that is my total and 100% favorite food. It's funny how our brains work -but hey at least you ate the ice cream in your dreams and not in real life, right?

tara There's my girl! You workout crazy girl you! How does it feel? I am so glad you are back! Hows the boy? The little girl??

chele I eat oranges every morning with my breakfast - they are soo tasty. Actually the more I eat fruit and the less I eat candy the more fruit tastes like candy...or at least that's what I tell myself.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:42 AM   #141  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

taylor send me those slow cooker recipes please i need to shake things up a bit too
bjeweled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:45 AM   #142  
I will do this.

PM your e-mail address and I will forward them
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:08 AM   #143  
Can't wait till 170

Taylor! Me too, me too me too!!!
Old 01-14-2009, 09:16 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Hello Ladies. I hope everyone's morning is going well.

SO I made chili last night "from scratch" not chili mix packets....aya for me. Don't laugh I have never made it before and it was crazy easy. And it turned out pretty darn good. But anyways I was lazy with figuring out the points. SO I like 2 cups and with my exercise points I know I was good. Any my BF asked me what kind of donut I wanted casue he was going to Krispy Kreme. I told him I didn't want one this time please. Anyways he insisted on bringing me not one but TWO of my favorite Chocolate Cake donuts anyway. So I watched him eat his. I really wanted it but since I was not quite sure how many pts I used on chili I opted for a Skinny Cow instead. It is only 2 pts so I now I had enough for that!!!!!! And it satisfied my sweet.

Taylor I want some of those recipes and you already know my e-mail. I am glad you had a good time at Outback and WTG on sticking with your plan!!!! I love Lancome and good lord is it expensive!!!!!! And you have been totally kicking hte gym's a**

Jewel Great for making it to the gym adn doing your C25K. What is that BTW? Isn't great to be out the funk and in the good mood taking care of your health? You just feel so much better. Maybe I can PM about DC.

Tara First things first, I want the spicy version. 3 effn degrees!!!! That is all I have to say about that. I love Pad Thai, Larb Gui and Papaya Salad...those are my favorite Thai dishes. Don't get to eat it much because I am greedy.

RHTS You are real trooper. I probably wouldn't have even made it to the site.... I have to bribe my sister to do things too

Leigish 4-1/2 miles...GOOD JOB!!!!

Kelli Heads up. I am gonna have questions... BTW I boxed for two years. Best shape I was in, in my entire life.

Stellart Hate to say this...but I would hate to be in your shoes....I DESPISE the cold. I just can't take it. I want to move somewhere south and I live in VA.

Arts Just keep on moving. Congratulations on the extra 15 min. keep that up and those pounds will be gone in no time.
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:23 AM   #145  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Tara- I feel you on the stupid michigan weather...they said wind chill of -25 to -30 brrr...that's what I get for moving back right before winter hits! There is sooo much snow outside I am ready for spring
Well ladies I am totally crampy today but I completely stayed on plan yesterday and worked out so I am back down to 195.4 today...not bad for TOM..hoping next week I can maybe be down to 189!!!
I feel like I went to work and came back and missed out on like half the chatboard for the day oh well...I will try and keep on top of it.
Coloring with the son right now so I have time to read
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:24 AM   #146  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

S/C/G: 317/271/165

Height: 6'0''

RHTS: I haven't heard anything....which still at this point could be normal but probably not. I applied for an staff accounting job. The company is in the middle of year end close which is why I would imagine they have contracted out help with hiring. They just don't want to deal with the extra hassle. I have called 2 days in a row now and supposedly the agency is still waiting on these people to return resumes for interviews so I don't know. I have started searching again. I need a job for more than money reasons right now.

Stellart: I am not as north as you but it is 20 here, and that just down right frigid for this area. Its supposed to get down 9 tonight. People start bundling up at like 50 around these parts, lol. I was kinda hoping for ice so I would have an excuse not to go to the gym, however I don't think I have one.
Bee20nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:28 AM   #147  
starving artist

S/C/G: 161/157.2/135

first off, good morning ladies. it is freezing today. apparently -25C here. but i shall brave the cold and go for a nice long walk. already did 30DS. i love it!

in response to thai food... i love it too. my most recent obsession, does anyone like vietnamese food, as in Pho. i could eat Pho everyday for the rest of my life. i like to make mine extra extra spicy though. heh

oh yeah, and in regards to what i do all day. i'm actually living w a family and i help out around the house and with the kids. basically i have crazy time on my hands. which leads me to this idea. i saw that biggest loser show for the first time yesterday, and they work out for something like 8 hours a day. so im thinking i could just exercise all day if i really wanted to.
stellart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:39 AM   #148  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

There was a restaurant when I was living out west called PHO and I ALWAYS wanted to go there...just never got the chance...I think I would really love it.
Anyways an update on the weigh in today...I went to the bathroom and now I am at 194.8 lol...haha amazing
Old 01-14-2009, 09:41 AM   #149  
starving artist

S/C/G: 161/157.2/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blcarter84 View Post
There was a restaurant when I was living out west called PHO and I ALWAYS wanted to go there
you should definitely try it. i dont even think it could be that bad for you. it's essentially broth, vegs, and meat. edit: i forgot about the noodles...

well i guess if you stick to lean meats, rather than "tendon" im not even sure what that means. but it's scary.

Last edited by stellart; 01-14-2009 at 09:54 AM.
stellart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:44 AM   #150  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

Yeah too bad there isn't anything like that here where I live....poo! And I do miss all the indian food...minus the rice of course