Old 01-15-2009, 07:33 AM   #226  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Good Gracious girls. I go sleep and get to woek and it looks like ya'll had an all nighter...lol. I am gald ya'll don't think it is corny cause I am pretty excited about it. And all I keep thinking is JUNE by june I could be 20 pounds lighter and ACTUALLY SHOW my belly....HA HA how bout that.

Remember that while when we did "something we wanna wear before goal weight" thing. OMFG I put on the pants and I Can FIT THEM. Like they are comfortable and everything. I still won't wear them until I meet the Valentine's Day Challenge cause they do sort push my belly out. So I know in about 6 or 7 pounds they will be PERFECT. It was such a great motivater cause I gotta weigh-in today. SO even if I gain (cause of exercise not eating) I won't be all upset. I'll just "keep going" (as tara says).

Oh so can I tell ya'll my episode?: So I met this girl at class last night. She was nervous and asking me if I ever danced and so on. So anyway we hit it off and sort of stuck together thru the class ( i have this gift of attracting ppl to me in aerobic classes, dance classes, school you name it). So at the end of the class she goes so how old are you. I am like 25 (with the dragged I wish I was still young voice). She responds whoa I thought you were like 21 or 22....you do not look that old!!!! SO I go well how old are you. Oh I am I'll be 21 in March. *WTF i felt so damn old. I always complain that my young years are over but I actually FELT like they were over this time). Not really stressing cause I am pretty cute but it was tough at the time.

So VACATION I am excited about that. It would be so fun. Leighish you got enough room for all of us

Arts and Chele Uhm I still do that....i Know I am 25 but it so hard to get out the bed in the winter..

Taylor Sorry about *Attack of the Gas* that sux. I will definitely have pictures if I do it. What am I talking about, I mean when I do it....I am ham for the camera

Tara I am totally saving your *pep talk*. And I accepted your BB thingy. You should have me as a contact now.

Last edited by CakeBatter; 01-15-2009 at 07:35 AM.
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 07:55 AM   #227  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

Success for the day!

I'm really not a breakfast eater at all, so eating early in the morning has always been a challenge. When I was living in dorms I managed to down a small bowl of oatmeal every morning, so I figured I'd try it again....and it works!! I got the Quaker Weight Control kind (cinnamon) and added a tablespoon of honey on top...and I think I could do this every day!! I think I'm going to get some raisins, too
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:24 AM   #228  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Wow Girls, Wow! You are all a bunch of chatty Cathies!

I'm not sure where to even start with personals so let me do some generals.

1. Congrats to all of you who are having success with the scale/routines/food. Ya'll Rock!

2. Hope everyone is staying warm, it is -11* here with a WC of -35*.

NO SCHOOL!!!! That is 2 days this week!

As for my issue. I am currently *perfectly* SBD. I saw great results as in about 6 lbs in the first week. Now, I have gained 3 and can't get rid of it. It is not from TOM or exercise. It is just there. I am getting so frustrated that I am contemplating quitting. Giving up my most prized foods was the ultimate sacrifice I could have ever given my body and diet. Now, I feel like I could have just been staying the same or gaining eating those foods. HELP! Why doesn't ANY plan help me shed the pounds? I'm seriously feeling like quitting... why is this happening?

*Hubby is gaining too! And our foods and water our perfect. No hidden sugar. I don't get it!
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:34 AM   #229  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

Heather -- I know this isn't what you want to hear, but look at how cold it's been there. Have you ever noticed how much easier it is to drop pounds in spring and summer than it is in winter? That difficulty is prehistoric survival, your metabolism just slows down in cycles like every other mammal on earth. Don't be so hard on yourself and keep trudging on. Once it starts to warm up a little, your body will naturally stop being so stubborn about letting go of the pudge.
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:46 AM   #230  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Heather- The first time I started SBD I tried to incorporate fake sugars as substitutes ie splenda, diet everything. But this time I rarely have any of those items....if ANY and it is much easier to lose the weight. So i dont know if you incorporate any of those items in your diet but they made me bloated and such so I hope that helkps!
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:08 AM   #231  
No pain, no gain.

Height: 6'3"

hey everyone... I kind of went on hiatus again for a while... but I'm back.

I'm starting with the special k challenge for 2 weeks. Its not the most nutritionally sound plan out there I know but the structure and quick results really help push me back on track.
glitterlicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:11 AM   #232  
New BodyBugger!

BlCarter- I don't artificials into anything. I think they are gross! But, I just don't get it. I am doing everything right! Can you think of anything else?
Old 01-15-2009, 10:22 AM   #233  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

morning all!

i know this is kind of early for me but i have a one year old in my bed eating a cheese sandwich and we are watching imagination movers. lol i love my nieces. they are so cute. the older one is 5 and she is sweet. this one is kinda mean but i like her too lol.

ive never had a 14 month old roll her eyes at me like she is MY MAMA!!! un un! doesnt work lil crazy girl.

i am going shopping for my trip yay!
bjeweled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:24 AM   #234  
last time

heather - just keep at it i never lost on south beach till the last couple days of the phase 1 it will come off just keep at it. and like nish said its cold give it a bit more time. and maybe increase your water for a day or so then bring it back down to normal. for you dont be discouraged
Old 01-15-2009, 10:26 AM   #235  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

hmmm...I dont eat red meats....but that's an always thing. I stick to a lot of beans in everything! I do veggie bacon, veggie links, eggs, black bean patties, almonds, salad(no dressing), string cheese, FF greek plain yogurt chicken, turkey, kidney beans curry, veggies, milk, and water to drink, those are kind of my staples. maybe that helps..maybe it doesn't. and I have been doing tae bo for workouts at home.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:35 AM   #236  
**My name is Rachel!**

S/C/G: 146/141.5/125

Height: 5'6"

good morning! you guys have been chatting a lot! I didn't do very good yesterday. I ate *ok* but I could have done better. And I didn't get to the gym like I wanted. grrr why am i having such a hard time being motivated.

I think I need to see the scale drop and then it will motivate me more. and the only way to get it to drop is to get to the f-ing gym! haha.

i brought my 8 pound weights to work today so maybe during lunch or when the bosses are gone and can do a little mini workout. heehee!

leighish - i had the same experience with the carmen electra strip tease, haha i felt so stupid.

hubby is going to be gone all night again tonight, so I am going to just eat my healthy food since I don't have to cook for him and catch up on American Idol and Lost, which I missed last night b/c of book club.
rnbg813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:36 AM   #237  
**My name is Rachel!**

S/C/G: 146/141.5/125

Height: 5'6"

oh also, i want to see what these crockpot recipes are, can somebody email them to me? rachelnbg at gmail dot com.

thanks!!!
rnbg813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:37 AM   #238  
New BodyBugger!

brie- I am trying to stay motivated but 3 lbs? Are you kidding me? I have steadily gained since P1D7. I am now on D15 and havent added carbs back yet. Having a slice of bread with dinner is the plan. I am SO READY to call it quits. But healthy foods can't make you gain right? Its not like I am eating a ton of food. ARGH!

I HATE WEIGHTLOSS!!!

Can I just wake up skinny tomorrow? I promise I will stay that way!
Old 01-15-2009, 10:41 AM   #239  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

HEather- dont give up! I know its frustrating but you have already come so far...and your body can only put up a fight for so long before it HAS to give in to your healthy choices.

So I cheated with my SBD last night by having 4 drinks at home but I weighed myself just now at 193.8!
Old 01-15-2009, 10:46 AM   #240  
last time

heather why dont you stay on phase 1 a little longer to see if it balances back out? i know its frustrating. but maybe sticking with it a little longer will force your body to move.