Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 09:54 AM   #121  
lovemylife001

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7

MartineYou're doing so great with your weight loss. Down 5 lbs already this month How did the inventory go? I hope that you are able to relax some today.

I fee like I need more Be back later!
Old 01-10-2016, 12:30 PM   #122  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 286.8/198.8/150ish

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am powerful View Post
I did fairly well today. Walked 4mi and no binge eating, so I hit both my goals. Oh, how I wanted to make something, anything, but I stayed the course even when my BF gave me some chocolate, I set it aside and didn't budge. Praying hard and working hard.
I'd say you did really well. Great job on the walking and staying on plan. Weekends are hard. I think we have been conditioned that weekends are our reward for working hard all week at our jobs, and on the weekend we are supposed to let go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemylife001 View Post
Good Sunday Morning Everyone
I've already started the laundry and making my breakfast quiche for this upcoming week. I will also make all my lunches for the week as well.

hi all around. Enjoy your Sunday everyone!
It's great that you are preparing your meals for the upcoming week. Once Hubby goes back to work, I will need to to that in order to stick to plan. That is key for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martine View Post
I am exhausted from a very long day at work yesterday and only sleeping 5 hours. I hope to get in a workout later this morning, if I have any energy by then. Right now I wish I could go back to sleep, but there are tons of errands and chores to be do
Martine, great job on the weight loss this month. And, inventory is the pits. I remember it non-fondly. LOL Enjoy your day today.

We were planing to go to the Denver boat show today. It's a great opportunity to get out and walk around, but my inner hermit is saying, stay home today, play on the internet. It's cold outside, so we shall see. Have a great day everyone. Talk to you later.
Old 01-10-2016, 12:54 PM   #123  
Andando...

imthegoddess, it's funny how we can live our lives not noticing this things everyday or just denying them.

love2b150, oh yes I HATE pictures. I see it all in pictures, that's why I don't ever let anyone take pics of me. So I just avoid it. To see myself that way in a mirror was surprising. =/ A good night sleep is a must to see some positive changes on the scale. Hope this morning it better for you!

lovemylife001, Cookie monster!! Hahahaha I would describe myself more as a black hole lol I just inhale everything! Mind sending some snow my way, pleeeease

I am powerful, it's weird isn't it? Like you know you are big... but then you look and you are like ... oh I am WAY bigger than I thought. Lol If I already thought I was a whale, what does that make me?!?! hahahaha or at least that's what I think. I admire you for resisting that chocolate!!!

Another loss this morning, 218.6 lbs! Went to buy some exercise clothes for running outside, found some shirts at Ross. Went to a sports stores to see about pants/jacket and OF COURSE they didn't have anything past L, I mean fat people don't exercise right? Anyone knows where I can buy sport clothes? =/
Old 01-10-2016, 01:17 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

Hey all. Don't normally check in on the weekends, but wanted to share that the scale is heading back in the right direction. Down to 210 yesterday and 208.8 this morning.
Old 01-10-2016, 01:19 PM   #125  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Trina, keep reading and do tell. thanks

imthegoddess, I knew you were talking about your in-laws. It's still horrid that mates comment to one another/put each other down. I know couples like that ... it makes me sad. Oh now I'm jealous ... my husband doesn't go in the kitchen except to pick up a plate that I've prepared for him to take to work or fix himself something quick (it has to be quick). My Mom said I spoiled him LOL on the pizza and spaghetti ... but yum Yesterday and today I have wanted everything under the sun. But I'm holding on (with the kids help). imthegoddess, you are so organized. I need you here near me My problem is if I prepare it ahead of time, I tend not to want it ... crazy right?! I like that "inner hermit" that's a great name for my husband

Martine nice weigh in I hope you get some rest ... a woman's work is never done

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am powerful View Post
... my mind says I'm sexified ...

I did fairly well today. Walked 4mi and no binge eating, so I hit both my goals. Oh, how I wanted to make something, anything, but I stayed the course even when my BF gave me some chocolate, I set it aside and didn't budge. Praying hard and working hard.
I am powerful, I like that work "sexified" that's how I see myself rolls and all My friend you did wonderfully Great NSV's there, 4 mile walk, no binge eating, hitting your goals, no to chocolate. Way to GO

DayDreamer, thanks I felt great this morning. I know that I need to go to bed earlier but my youngest makes me feel really guilty when I don't spend the time that she feels I should with her. My middle son was the same was. I just love them to pieces. I stay up watch a movie, go get stuff from where ever ... it's all good fun DayDreamer try Five Below if you have them where you are! Wanna talk about cute and not expensive, go there for just about exercise everything

Kukkie nice drops Keep up the good work

I have 3 more days of this. I have been pretty good. My Pastor even said something about different foods he's rebuking right now ... we all thought that was funny since the bulk of the congregation has eliminated something for the consecration. I got 7 hours of sleep and was rewarded with a 1.2lb drop. I can't wait till he 14th. I really want to see how my body does when I add the fish and eggs.

Last edited by love2b150; 01-10-2016 at 01:29 PM.
Old 01-10-2016, 03:15 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

A big and Happy Sunday to all!

It's a beautiful, overcast day. We've had some consistent rainfall these last couple of weeks. We've needed it and it has really refreshed the earth and people's moods where I live...mine included ! I've been crazy busy at work. Currently we're meeting with students who are in academic difficulty and who are either facing academic probation or are headed toward dismissal. The students have been pleasant (they usually are) but it's a shame meeting them under these circumstances. My goal is to be as sensitive as possible while making the meeting productive and positive.

Weight is up due to TOM that started today. Definitely feeling bloated and uncomfortable. In catching up with the posts I'm intrigued by our individual perspectives regarding our bodies and how they appear IRL or in photographs. Even at my most fit and lowest weight I always perceived myself bigger than what I am. Interestingly, I pulled out a rain jacket a good friend brought back from visiting family in France. It has to be a good 10-12 years old. When I first wore it, it fit snug; my belly was pushed up right against the zipper! With my weight gain, I assumed that's how the jacket would fit now. Nope, it's HUGE on me and it's an XL. Other than I don't like how I look IRL, pictures or in the reflections of store windows I have no really idea how I look and that's why I lean toward bigger rather than smaller.

@Martine, Kukkie84, and Rennie : ladies! Very impressive drops. Admiring your commitment from afar

@Rennie: I like the mini-goal idea. Have never tried it but I just might! Also, off and on I've thought about doing juices/blends/smoothies and for awhile was making smoothies quite regularly in my blender. You have the Nutri Ninja correct? Are you loving it and do you think juicing, soups, etc. will stay as part of your regular routine? I ask because I've been known to start something all gung-ho, stick with it for a few weeks and then abandon it.

@I am POWERFUL: You sure are!! I'm very sorry for your losses . I've been there myself this past year (my father) and I know that words of comfort only go so far. Glad to see you are taking care of yourself. Stay on this thread! I love this group and the support they've given me and what we give to each other.

@bigjoe: the roller coaster of weight loss is rarely "fun" but it's always...um...interesting isn't it?

to all in our lives who support and love us through all of our weight loss attempts, setbacks and successes! Can't say enough about how their positive, loving attitudes sustain and make things easier.

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 01-10-2016 at 03:52 PM.
Old 01-10-2016, 03:17 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 278/269/165

Height: 5'9"

Thx for the support ladies I'm blushing
Martineyay for the drop. Sooo close to that next decade. Sorry ur tired. I really hope u get your walk in. .3lbs til ur over the hump...so awesome

kukkie I love that you checked in. Seeing others loose is inspiring.

Love2b150congrats on the down

Imthegoddesswhatever you end up doing I hope that day is a nice one for you. Both sound like great ideas.

Daydreamerworking out for me is just stretchy pants or capris and a large t-shirt. Usually purchased at some place exotic like Walmart or target. I know old navy has a plus sized section online, so if you're looking for cute matchie stuff, try there. Jackets and coats, I usually shops the men's section. I'm just short of 5'10 and have broad shoulders, so women's jackets rarely fit. They do keep you warmer, in my opinion, cause they're designed more for function and less for style like women's coats. Hope that if anything helped.

Lovemylife001weekly preparing, way2go two dancing carrots for that feat

I may have wished for some treats yesterday, longed for them even, but today both the scale and I are happy I didn't cave. Like this and wanted to share
Don't fear, your future is as bright as your faith. -Thomas S. Monson

I may not be able to kick my food addiction on my own, but I truly believe if I have faith, do my best and depend on the Lord, I will overcome and that is a bright future indeed.
Old 01-10-2016, 05:13 PM   #128  
Andando...

Rennie, we do not have any 5 below close by, bummer! Amazing loss btw!

I am powerful, that's how I used to exercise before. I just wore sweats and a shirt and head to the gym. But I will be running outside this winter and it can get below freezing. I am not sure normal swears/shirts will keep me warm enough. =/
Old 01-10-2016, 05:50 PM   #129  
~Rennie

Thanks Curvy ... it's it maddening when you try on something that was too tight but you liked it now it's too big. It good that you try to be sensitive and positive during the meetings with the students under those circumstances Curvy it took me a minute to figure out (InReaLife) and yeah I feel the same way. I use to want a tummy tuck after I'm at goal for awhile but I'm really terrified of going under the knife. ... Yep I have the Nutri Ninja. I am loving it. My Mom even gave me the idea to blend a salad. Have you ever done that? And you totally described me ... I go all gung-ho, usually stick with it for a few weeks and then abandon it. But this time I'm doing it with my church as a whole. I would have loved to do juice and water for the first ten days but juice and diabetes don't go well. So I decided to do spinach, kale, carrots, beets, cabbage, celery, tomato with some fruit, low carb yogurt and whey protein. So far so good. Some days I'm really hungry but I think it's because I want to chew more than anything. I've discovered Tropical Smoothie also which helps for more variety.

I am powerful, our faith will get us through

Thanks DayDreamer , I just went to Five Below and picked up 3 outfits, sooooo maybe I'll get to the gym this week

My kids are eating mac n cheese, cheese pizza and Campbell's chicken noodle soup .... OH MY GOODNESS (I'm going nuts with the smells)

Last edited by love2b150; 01-10-2016 at 05:53 PM.
Old 01-10-2016, 06:04 PM   #130  
lovemylife001

Good Evening Everyone

So I decided today no more snack bars lol. I eat way too many FiberOne, Slim Fast bars etc.. So going forward I will only allow one per week. Let's see how this goes lol. I weighed in at 139.2 this morning My maintenance goal is not to go over 140. So sending myself some

DayDreamer You can have all of our snow lol. Luckily it wasn't too bad.

Kukkie the scale cooperating!

I am powerful for not caving in on the treats.

Rennie sending you some I love mac n cheese
Old 01-10-2016, 06:11 PM   #131  
~Rennie

Trina, sending you some on those snack bars. I have some that I have had for a very long time. I tend to like them one day or two days and then not like the taste anymore the next Thanks for the 139, I'm so jealous ... one day I'll get there
Old 01-10-2016, 08:44 PM   #132  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 286.8/198.8/150ish

Well, we went to the boat show and walked around. It was not as big as the last one we went to, but it was fun seeing all the boats. Then we went to Trader Joe's and picked up some veggies and fruits for the coming week, then back to our end of town to the local grocery store for some other things. Finally back home for some bad attitude from our 18 year old, and a large salad with a turkey burger patty for lunch. Still have dinner to go, but I'm still super full from lunch. All in all, a nice day. Except when everyone's mood was fouled by the 18 yr old. I know he is going through a really rough emotional patch right now, but give me strength, 1 not to kill him, and 2 to try to be more understanding of what he is going through emotionally. Parenting is hard. Who knew?
Old 01-10-2016, 09:03 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 266/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hello, just checking in and starting again with my weight loss. Hopefully I can stick to it better this time.... was originally 268 after my last child.... over 2 years I have lost and gained.... back up to 240....and lost a few lbs so far this year.... good luck all.... (237 currently)
Old 01-10-2016, 10:05 PM   #134  
lovemylife001

Late Check In Everyone

NightAngel26 nice to have you with us. Good luck on your goals!

Imthegoddess Yes parenting is very hard. It takes a lot of patience and understanding. I just listen to some of my co-workers stories about their kids and I'm like whew I'm so glad to have the kid that I have lol. You just never know what people are going through. It will get better, just hang in there.

Rennie I have no doubt that you will get in the 130's and we can hang out in there together But you are doing wonderfully, just keep it up.
Old 01-11-2016, 05:08 AM   #135  

S/C/G: 180/180/140

1. Didn't weigh
2. 184 (think this may be due to time of the month)
3. 182.5
4. 182.5
5. 181.25
6. 182.25 (damn those sneaky chocolate biscuits)
7. 182 (every drop is a bonus)
8. 181.5
9. 108.7
10. 179.3 (big yipee)
11. 182 (really, must have been dinner last night. Grrr)

lovetob150 and lovemylife - I tried the snack bars as breakfast replacements on the mornings i go to the gym before work but I see them as treats and what to eat the whole box!
Closed Thread