Old 07-16-2015, 04:41 PM   #1  
Amanda

S/C/G: 272.5/see ticker/172.5

Height: 5'4

Default 06 Regainers regaining control and relosing!

New thread since the last one passed 500!

Today was a clinical day, so I was up at 5:00am and at the site by 6:30am. Ate a small breakfast sandwich on the way, had a few pita chips during our 30min break, and drank lots of water. I think I'm going to splurge tonight and make beef and broccoli for dinner! Yum yum. Also, I'm down to 255.6 - this puts me back at my original starting weight four years ago, and three lbs away from my starting weight for nursing school! Inch by inch, and pound by pound!!!

Jenni: This looks like a good article to read about group interviews!

LaurieDawn: Princess Bride is definitely the shiznit! I'm finding that if I just buy healthy snacks and pack a big bag of them, it fends off most of the temptations for junk food...I just need a big variety! I was thinking about doing the batch cooking on Sundays, but I need to find a recipe that isn't terribly time consuming but is yummy enough for me to eat all week.

ToastedSmoke: I'm definitely thinking of buying some quick frozen healthy meals for emergencies...last time I lost the weight, I had a set schedule and had time to meal plan. I also had the determination to do South Beach Diet and cardio kickboxing! lol

Melissa: I think that strategy is working for me a little too! If I know I'm going to be having a big meal in the evening, I'm tending to eat less during the day...on normal days, though, most of my food is eaten before noon.
DreadPiratePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 09:05 AM   #2  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadPiratePanda View Post
Melissa: I think that strategy is working for me a little too! If I know I'm going to be having a big meal in the evening, I'm tending to eat less during the day...on normal days, though, most of my food is eaten before noon.
That's what I did when I was a mostly stay at home mom. I ate a decent breakfast, a protein snack, a decent lunch, maybe a small snack and oftentimes a small dinner (and sometimes none).

With working, I found my hunger patterns are different. I now don't really get hungry, so I eat in the evening...

It's how I plan to handle the vacation coming up this week too - basically ONE meal a day and keeping it "easy going", especially with carbs.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 04:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 276.4/215/160

Height: 5'6

Thank you for the new thread.

Thank you all for the encouragement and interview tips.

I had the interview it was broken up into phases. There were 3 tables with 4 people each at a table. First, we had to go around and introduce ourselves and tell them why we would be a good fit for the job. 2nd we broke into groups with our table and had to complete a project. 3rd we asked questions and 4th we had a written exam of questions. I feel I did well on everything but the introduction. I tend to get shaky when I stand infront and talk to a large crowd (guess I need to work on that). We will see they are interviewing all next week to so hopefully I will know something soon.

On track all week. I think I am staying the same as weight goes....probably all the stress because I have been eating on track.

Anywho, I hope you all have a great weekend!
jenjenangel027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 05:42 PM   #4  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

YAY new thread!

Hi all!

Not much to report here. Baby Matthew is kicking away at my insides and we are both doing well.

Hubby is out of town until Sunday so my eating isn't super great, but mostly because I'm bored and also because I don't feel like cooking just for me.

I have an appointment in a couple weeks, when I hit 28 weeks (Third trimester!) and also a glucose test, so I'm gonna try to get my eating habits in check once hubby gets home. Hopefully my weight won't have jumped up way too much between this appointment and the last one.

We got the nursery started, but still notably missing is the crib!

Also, we adopted a new kitty. Well, I guess he adopted us, because he started showing up and hasn't left, so we took him to the doc and got him fixed and all his shots. He's doing well, and not holding a grudge.

I hope you all are doing well!
FeraFilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 12:00 PM   #5  
Amanda

Melissa: my days are usually very much super active until about 2pm (not necessarily physically, just mentally intense) and then when I get home I just tend to veg on the couch and study. Plus, I take my birth control at night, so if I don't eat something in the mornings, I get super nauseous lol.

Jenni: It sounds like you still got a great start, even if you felt shaky on the introduction! You showed that once you got adjusted (which sounds like it happened quickly), you really got to shine! I'd be nervous too if I had to do group stuff for an interview. Stress eating and weight gain has been my adversary all year but it looks like you're handling it well

Mandy: super duper congrats on the baby!!! And you still got plenty of time to get that crib going. It's awesome you've got the nursing going already. That's how we got our new kitty too. Her name is Hermione, she's absolutely gorgeous, she's two and a half months old now, and we adopted her off the street because she wouldn't leave us alone. She's sweet and crazy!
Old 07-18-2015, 01:21 PM   #6  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Thanks!

So, the power went out last night at about 7pm, right about the time I was about to prepare myself some dinner! Yeah, it didn't come back on until almost 6am.... so guess who had Ritz crackers with PB for dinner at about 9pm last night?! I didn't want to go in the fridge and let out what cold was in there, so I ate from the pantry. And it had to be things that didn't require heating. My choices were granola bars, potato chips, crackers, peanut butter and bread. Not the best, but at least it had protein?
FeraFilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 06:41 PM   #7  
Amanda

Def not the worst either! I would've just eaten the bag of potato chips lol!
Old 07-19-2015, 05:37 PM   #8  
★ Kelly ★

S/C/G: flawsome

Height: 5' 5

Arrrg!! Computer ate my post!!!!!! And it was a long one

To paraphrase ... I'm back on plan, lots of navel gazing having been done. Decided I'm no good out of routine, pleased kindy is back up and running. Love to everyone

Now I've got to run .. well not run, I jiggle
MissLoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 07:22 PM   #9  
Amanda

Kelly: I legit laughed for about 5 min at the "I jiggle comment" lololol
Old 07-20-2015, 01:02 PM   #10  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey guys, so my long Eid weekend has been going. I'm a little resentful that it's back to work tomorrow, mostly because I didn't accomplish much, but I did get some of my workout mojo back so that was good.

Amanda: Lol about the degree of "muchness" we all seemed to have time for in our past weight loss journeys. I'm in awe of my initial weight loss self and how much dedication and planning and discipline I had going on. Who can sustain that "much" all the time??? Although I suppose one person's "much" is another person's "nothing at all." I guess we're always changing and we can only plan around our current situation.

Jenni: Fingers crossed about the interview. It sounds like it went well. I'm sure other people struggled with the introduction as well. Hopefully, that's the least important part of the interview compared to the actual content parts. I'm praying you get this if this is the job for you. The scale will reward your efforts soon, I know, just stick with it!

Mandy: I love your updates! I'm glad everything is going well. I think Ritz and peanut butter were probably the most balanced choice. Like Amanda said, I too would probably have gone in on the bag of chips in a bad bad way- forget the protein and healthy fats! I hope your next check up goes well! Stay healthy okay?

Kelly: Boooo the darn post-eating internet gremlins! Yay getting in a good head space and being back on plan. I'm still on the struggle but I'm doing better with exercise even if not food yet. Lololololol about jiggling. There needs to be a club of us: #JigglersUnited Maybe we'll expand our club into making the sort of fitness wear that holds the jiggle together but without sucking it in so much one can't breathe or pushing it together so one looks like a poorly wrapped package. We'd make a mint, we would.

Alright guys. I meant this to be a quick check in. I didn't want to wait till I was back at work tomorrow and I was also considering some unhealthy snack choices so I decided to post instead and once I'm done with this, I think i'll go for a walk or to the gym or something. Okay it's already 6pm so I need to get going before it gets dark outside. Wishing all you guys a wonderful on plan day!

Last edited by toastedsmoke; 07-20-2015 at 01:03 PM.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 01:40 PM   #11  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey all! I'm back after a really great 4 day weekend. I went to Body Pump on Thursday and then nothing until this morning, when I went to spin class. I also didn't record a single thing that I ate. I had a lot of stuff that I normally wouldn't have, but I also tried to not go overboard on eating. I ended up with a loss this week, so that's good.

Had a great time at my parent's house. They were all excited about the weight I've lost. We also went to the Royal Gorge Bridge, which is near where my parent's live, in Canon City, Colorado. That was fun because I haven't been there in forever. They have a zip line that goes across the gorge, which is about 1200 feet above the river. And.... I rode it!!! It was just an amazing thing! I was pretty scared to do it, but now I'm thrilled to have experienced such an adrenaline rush!! The best part is that before losing the weight again, I would not have been able to ride it. And, before I lost weight, I wouldn't have even considered it.

Anyway, not enough time for personals, but I've caught up on everyone's posts. Hang in there everyone! We'll all get through this!!!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 04:26 PM   #12  
Amanda

In general news for myself today, my kitten decided it would be awesome to jump in the toilet. She's been with us for about two and a half weeks now, and we've always remembered to keep the toilet lid down JUST FOR THIS REASON. Well, she didn't realize that it could be an opening and just went for it...and right into the bowl she went. So she immediately got a bath and took it like a champ (didn't scratch or bite me once), and got treats after for being so good. Now she looks like a drowned rat and is too sulky to cuddle with me, but is too cold to not want to curl up on me. End result is she's curled up next to my leg and won't let me pet her lol. Fair enough, cat.

ToastedSmoke: Me too! I'm always in awe of how much I could "before", and you're dead-on about one person's "much" being another person's "nothing at all." Workout mojo is always a good thing to be getting back. Mine is nowhere to be found :O

Diane: It's the best feeling to not have to calorie count every single little thing and just KNOW in your gut which foods are good/bad/okay in moderation and still come out with a loss. And major congrats on the zip-lining! Sounds exciting I can't wait till I'm small enough to be able to do stuff like that again. It must have been so thrilling!!!
Old 07-21-2015, 12:13 PM   #13  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Well, I ended up not wanting to run last night, so I skipped that. I had to go by the store last night and do a load of laundry, so I didn't want to take the time to run. And, I was tired, so it didn't happen. Anyway, I went to body pump this morning, so that was good.

Dread: Aww, poor kitty. I am sure she was not happy about that situation. Glad you made it through without scratches or bites!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 03:22 PM   #14  

Height: 5'5"

Afternoon check-out, which means crazy busy work day. Which is all good, but puts me behind on other things and tries to convince me that the exercise portion of my day is not necessary. But it won't work! Nevertheless, quick check-in.

Goals -
1 - Weigh tomorrow morning. I've been avoiding it. Need a baseline to keep me motivated again.
2 - Finish the stack of work in front of me in the next thirty minutes. Focus on it - don't answer the phone or respond to emails. Then, when it's done, go for a walk or to the gym.
3 - Eat well. No unbridled sugar.
4 - Stop drinking water. Cuz it's a crutch for me, but all this peeing is making me less productive, which means that I am less likely to be able to squeeze out time for the work-out.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 05:44 PM   #15  
★ Kelly ★

S/C/G: flawsome

Height: 5' 5

Right - day three of being on plan, we all know how hard those first days are my face has gone into protest and I have a huge zit! And hes asked a friend to move in o_O I did pilates on Monday and I'm still feeling it, my core strength is terrible thanks to 2 csections so need to persist. I've finally started wearing my fitbit, and I'm finding that really motivating (although there is something to be said about being a stay at home mum I have no problem reaching 10, 000 steps) its a beautiful winters day here so we are off to the park soon, will stay away from the hot chips but might swing a flat white.

I think I really need to watch out for times I'm not in routine and plan for them, kindy is back in session so back to routine this week.

Upping my water (min 2ltr) and back to logging food.
Pilates 3 times a week + 10, 000 steps
Move that blinken ticker to a new number!!!!

Amanda ~ I can't help but laugh when animals are annoyed or embarassed, my dog Hank had me laughing yesterday after he tried to walk though a closed glass door of the local fish and chip shop lol glad you got away with no scratches I can't say I would if I had to bath my cat Juno!

Toasted ~ I definitely think there is a grap in the market for non jiggly but breathable fitness gear, also im a little over shoutey tops that scream 'Suck it up Princess' I want one that says 'Tell someone who cares' anyway I hope the stars align for you and you match food and exercise at the same time.

Diane ~ so awesome for the support of you family, I know we don't do this whole weightloss thing for praise but man its nice when people notice all the hard work you've put in. The ziplining sounds amazing, its funny how we don't notice how the weight is holding ourselves back, I've been back swimming! Also was at a cafe with the kids and they had a trampoline and I got on with them - something I wouldn't have done at my heaviest because I worried I'd break the mat

Laurie ~ love your goals! Good luck with your weigh in. Mine wasn't pretty but its better than ignoring it!

Last edited by MissLoud; 07-21-2015 at 05:51 PM.
MissLoud is offline   Reply With Quote