S/C/G: 180/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7

back dcapulet

akelly good to see you posting
Old 01-09-2016, 08:08 AM   #107  
Gizmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthegoddess View Post
Great job on the water. I have a smaller brita water pitcher in my office, and I fill it several times a day. It helps me get my water in because it is right there by me.
My husband bought me a Brita water bottle for Christmas. I'm really trying to get more water in. I drink 1 litre during my workout, but then nothing for the rest of the day.

MadeToThrive and I am powerful nice to see you

dcapulet never heard of an indoor triathlon, but it's such a great goal to work towards.

akelly728 wishing you success on your job interviews.

DayDreamer26 I hope you are feeling better

It's inventory day for us, so I will be working 14-15 hours today, to make sure everything goes smoothly. I did get in 40 minutes of exercise this morning and I am keeping up with eating well. Scale still won't let me cross over to the 220s though.

01: 235.2
02: 234.6
03: 232.6
04: 231.6
05: 231.0
06: 230.8
07: 231.8
08: 233.6
09: 231.6
Old 01-09-2016, 08:25 AM   #108  
lovemylife001

Good Saturday Morning Everyone

It's going to be around 47 degrees today, but raining off and on. So I may not go out too much today.

Martine on the 40 minutes of exercise. 14-15 hours is a lot. I hope that all goes well.

Have a great day everyone and I'll check in tomorrow!
Old 01-09-2016, 09:55 AM   #109  
Free Fat to a Good Home!

S/C/G: 238.8/ticker/140

Height: 5'3

Quote:

Great job on the water. I have a smaller brita water pitcher in my office, and I fill it several times a day. It helps me get my water in because it is right there by me.
Does the brita pitcher do a good job? I've thought about getting one (or one of those "bottles" for when I'm not home and need to refill)
Old 01-09-2016, 11:16 AM   #110  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 286.8/198.8/150ish

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap14 View Post
Does the brita pitcher do a good job? I've thought about getting one (or one of those "bottles" for when I'm not home and need to refill)
This is the one I have, and I think I should have bought a bit larger one. I work in an older building, so I didn't trust the pipes. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Brita-Slim...itcher/8470932
Check the filters, I think some remove different things.
Old 01-09-2016, 11:18 AM   #111  
Free Fat to a Good Home!

S/C/G: 238.8/ticker/140

Quote:
This is the one I have, and I think I should have bought a bit larger one. I work in an older building, so I didn't trust the pipes.
Check the filters, I think some remove different things.
I tend to not drink water when I'm at school because the water is awful. It's probably bad, as I'm there for 3 or more hours. I'll bring a bottle, but that only lasts so long. I'll check out the Brita products - thanks!
Old 01-09-2016, 11:21 AM   #112  
One day at a time

Maybe it's living at altitude. I get thirsty a lot, and I drink a lot of water. I have one or two cups of coffee in the morning, then water the rest of the day. I gave up sodas 22 years ago when I was planing to get pregnant with our first child. I never went back. I do have the rare soda, maybe one ever 6 or so months. If I want something other than water, I have unsweetened iced tea.

Last edited by imthegoddess; 01-09-2016 at 11:21 AM.
Old 01-09-2016, 01:59 PM   #113  
Andando...

lovemylife001, more than beating myself up I worry that if I go in a sad "phase" I will end up giving up. I am an emotional eater. So most the time sad = binge. I am actually surprised how little I ate Thursday (prob thanks to my husband). Thanks for the support though!

imthegoddess, thanks! I even "maintained" 0.2 lb gain today. Was expecting to regain it all. Setting your house in order should burn some calories!

Martine, I am thank you! I am glad it was a one day thing. Sometimes I wish crying would count as an exercise lol! Hope you are doing ok as well!

Had a dinner date last night. Ate some crackers w/ salmon something, some sort of quiche with ham, chicken w/ rice and carrot cake (the one thing I made), 1 spoon of vanilla ice cream and 2 bites of a brownie/truffle (IDK what it was, had raisins so I didn't really eat it). I tried not to finish anything. But, I also didn't want to be rude lol. At least you could serve yourself and I didn't get much rice, the chicken, quiche and deserts were precut so I couldn't even choose a size. Everything was SO yummy too! Oh, there was a glass of alcohol, and 1.5 servings of wine.

Oh! HOW MUCH FUN it was to choose an outfit for this thing... I mean, I barely have any clothes, the ones that fit are even fewer. Now if we take into account something, not fancy but decent enough to go out on a "date"... well, even less! Not to mention I looked like a tent/whale/submarine in all of them. I looked at myself in the mirror and I laughed... I mean I see the numbers on the scale, I see myself in the mirror all the time. But for some reason I had never actually seen myself that big before. Does that make sense? Like I usually either don't want to look at the mirror or I am just looking at my face. I saw my thighs and belly and they were HUGE, I mean I knew they were... I guess I had just never seen the like that... I am not sure how to explain it.
Oddly enough, I didn't get sad, or angry. I thought it was funny, more determined than ever to change.

I was thinking yesterday, I don't get people who say "Life is short, eat what you want!". I really don't. I mean, to me it feels like they are contradicting themselves, you know? Yes, eating that cake (or whatever) will make you happy and give you satisfaction... for how ever long it takes you to eat it. YES! it is good, and YES I want it... But you know what I want more than that cake? To be happy! And right now I am not... I don't like who I am, I don't love myself and that makes me shy, insecure and I feel like I put my whole life on hold for when I loose the weight. So yeah ... I want that cake, but I want to be happy a lot more. I will keep that in mind next time I want to trow everything out the window. I will still eat cake anyway... just not the WHOLE cake

SORRY for the ranting...and the wall of text =/

Was expecting to see a big gain on the scale this morning. Only 0.2 lb gain or so.
Hoping to go hunting for some outdoor exercise clothes today. And of course must go back to healthier food.
Hope you are all doing great!
Old 01-09-2016, 04:27 PM   #114  
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayDreamer26 View Post
I looked at myself in the mirror and I laughed... I mean I see the numbers on the scale, I see myself in the mirror all the time. But for some reason I had never actually seen myself that big before. Does that make sense? Like I usually either don't want to look at the mirror or I am just looking at my face. I saw my thighs and belly and they were HUGE, I mean I knew they were... I guess I had just never seen the like that... I am not sure how to explain it.
Yes, it makes perfect sense to me. In my mind's eye, I am still that size 8 24 year old who doesn't wear glasses that I was when I met and married my husband. This is truly how I see myself, then I see my self in a mirror and the reality hits home. I lost 80 pounds twice 10ish years ago, and I felt great. I gained it all back twice. I know I can do it again, but this time I want to get all the way to my goal weight, I don't need to be the 125-130 I was at 24, but I would take 150. That is the high end of a normal weight range for me. This time, I want to achieve and maintain the loss. Together we can do this!I love these dancing fruits and vegetables
Old 01-09-2016, 07:05 PM   #115  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

I am POWERFUL, you are powerful, amongst other things. I can't even fathom going through all you have gone through. I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your Mother and your other family members My condolences to you and your family Good job on the walks, welcome back my friend

DayDreamer, my rings are typically tight during the evening so it was surprising to have them be so tight in the mornings. Last night I just took them off to alleviate the struggle of getting them off DayDreamer sometimes after eating crappy foods I have a nice drop, but it's what the body needs from time to time ... Good job on the 1.8lb drop DayDreamer I see myself in that way also but not in the mirror, in pictures. That's when I realize that I really need to do something about my weight.

Trina I think my husband ordered that book years ago ... I never picked it up and never asked what it was about, sorry

imthegoddess, I can say that I am truly blessed as far as comments from my husband go. If I'm happy he's happy. He has never said anything about my weight but if he knows I'm curbing carbs he will say, "you know you really shouldn't eat that it's not on your plan" ... sweet guy We are gonna do this ALL together

Alicia hoping you get the job that you are looking for glad you're back on track and here .

dcapulet, nope never

bookwyrm, that .4 is only water my friend. It will be gone in no time

ap14, on hitting your water goal ... send some of those : to me Good job on leaving and sticking to plan

Martine, continue to do what you're doing something has got to give Good job on staying with your healthy routine

I was up a pound this morning. Not exactly sure other than only getting 4 hours of sleep and not a smidgen of the walking that I typically do in a day. When my clock went off I wanted to scream Today for some reason I am really really hungry. I was gonna have a grapefruit but my son said, no Mommy Ok bedtime hoping for a better weigh in tomorrow. Goodnight ... oh and I'm not changing my ticker,
Old 01-09-2016, 07:53 PM   #116  
lovemylife001

Hi Everyone

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend so far

Daydreamer I'm also a binge eater especially around TOM time. I'm like the cookie monster lol. It's bad.

Rennie I got my book today and it's very interesting. I can't stop reading it and it also has great recipes in it. So I took my calculator down stairs to the kitchen to see the energy density in all the processed boxed foods, it's amazing. And even in the Special K, Fiber One bars, not good at all, which I already know, but still ate lol. I want to stay in maintenance and I think this will definitely help.

Have a great evening everyone going to do some more reading.
Old 01-09-2016, 08:56 PM   #117  
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2b150 View Post
imthegoddess, I can say that I am truly blessed as far as comments from my husband go. If I'm happy he's happy. He has never said anything about my weight but if he knows I'm curbing carbs he will say, "you know you really shouldn't eat that it's not on your plan" ... sweet guy We are gonna do this ALL together
Oh, my husband has never said a thing about my weight. I was talking about things his brother has said to his wife. Once he told her if she lost 15 pds, he would take her on a vacation to the beach. She's probably a size 4 or 6 at most. My husband is very supportive. He is doing the same plan as me, and prepares all my meals and snacks each day.

Since it is Saturday, I want to eat things, and go out, but I'm being good. I even had an offer to be bad by my enabler. I'm holding strong.

Tuesday is going to be my free day instead of tomorrow. The woman who is in charge of all the Programs Coordinators, what I am, in our Department is leaving and we are having a going away lunch for her. The person planning it said, oh we are probably just going to order in pizza. I thought, pizza, oh crap. She also said there would be cake and soda. This was all be email, so, I offered to pick up stuff from Costco this weekend, such as, cake, salad, soda. That way I could get salad. Later she called me and said, do you have a Sam's membership, I said no, and she said okay, thanks, I hear Sam's has better cakes, bye! I have no idea what they are planning. Maybe I should take a salad anyway. I know my boss is a vegetarian, and probably won't eat pizza. I'll ask on Monday. If worse comes to worse, I plan my day around one piece of pizza. Then today at Costco, my husband says, if Tuesday is going to be you free day, I'll make spaghetti for dinner. OMG, pizza and spaghetti, WTH?

Last edited by imthegoddess; 01-09-2016 at 09:08 PM.
Old 01-10-2016, 04:08 AM   #118  

S/C/G: 278/269/165

Height: 5'9"

Dream girl I do the same thing. Especially when I see myself in pics. Yo hay no way that can't be me, my mind says I'm sexified not blubberfied.

Im the goddess That is super awesome how supportive your hubby is. You will make it again and keep it off. We believe in you...and I love the dancing veggies also.

Martine the scale is gonna have to give into you soon. Don't give into the frustration of its stubbornness.

I did fairly well today. Walked 4mi and no binge eating, so I hit both my goals. Oh, how I wanted to make something, anything, but I stayed the course even when my BF gave me some chocolate, I set it aside and didn't budge. Praying hard and working hard.
Old 01-10-2016, 09:20 AM   #119  
lovemylife001

Good Sunday Morning Everyone

I hope that everyone is enjoying their weekends so far.

The snow has finally arrived. I think that we are suppose to only get 1-3 inches. I guess I'll have to wait and see. Not too much planned for today. I've already started the laundry and making my breakfast quiche for this upcoming week. I will also make all my lunches for the week as well.

I am powerful on the 4 miles and not binge eating. I find that I do most of my major eating on the weekends. Keep up the good work.

hi all around. Enjoy your Sunday everyone!
Old 01-10-2016, 09:22 AM   #120  
Gizmo

I am powerful good for you for hitting both of your goals yesterday. And love your fierce attitude, ie feeling "sexified not blubberfied" I always admire women like that. That is not me at all.

imthegoddess resisting an enabler is hard, good job on that one.

I am exhausted from a very long day at work yesterday and only sleeping 5 hours. I hope to get in a workout later this morning, if I have any energy by then. Right now I wish I could go back to sleep, but there are tons of errands and chores to be done.

Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday

01: 235.2
02: 234.6
03: 232.6
04: 231.6
05: 231.0
06: 230.8
07: 231.8
08: 233.6
09: 231.6
10: 230.2
Closed Thread