Old 05-17-2013, 11:30 AM   #226  

&*^%$ 194, Beth??! OMG!! You are losing like crazy!! I'm excited for you though, you are going to look awesome at the wedding. Did you already share your dress with us?? I don't think I saw it...but I read so many posts and links maybe I forgot.

I got your PM, thank you. I was only here briefly yesterday. A moderator pi$$ed me off deleting one of my threads and I seriously was going to close up my account and walk away. Apparently moderators don't have to disclose themselves as one nor do they have to tell you that you were deleted. And my post was totally on topic as far as my experience with my diet but apparently she knows better. (Can you tell I'm still angry??)

My husband is down to 190.4; I could have beat him! I lose 3 pounds this week, he loses 3lbs this week. He didn't even want to tell me (lol) and then he disclosed he didn't do it on purpose (and I do know that of course!). So I told him he's having pizza, McDonalds and lots of beer for dinner tonight. I think he was ok with the beer and pizza but I told him he had to eat the whole thing, at least 6 beers and McDonald's on top. I'm so mean! Plus he'd be sick and I really wouldn't try to make him do that but I wanted to!!

We went out with a couple of my husband's friends last night and one of them told my husband I looked &*%$ awesome, I was so happy when my husband told me that! The expletive made it even better emphasis in my book so I wasn't offended! I tried on like 25 outfits before we left as I was obsessed with looking ok, I wanted my husband to be proud to show up with me. He said he's always been proud to be seen with me, he's such a wonderful man.

No big plans for the weekend, I almost wish them away waiting for the scale Monday morning every week!

Welcome back, CherryQuinn. Beth and I are the only noisy ones around this place, everyone else ditched us here!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:51 AM   #227  
I can do this

S/C/G: 230/222/175

Height: 5'2"

So, 194.0 again this morning. I dropped my ticker to 195. Since I don't have a weekly weigh-in day, I'm always trying to figure out when to change it!

My blood sugar was a bit up today, but not horribly so--and not worrisomely so. Probably the primary reason I've changed my eating habits and am losing weight is health--for the first time since shortly after I was diagnosed, my diabetes is under control.

So, elvis, you look &*%$ awesome! That is great!

I'm definitely feeling thinner now--BFF and DD both were commenting on how obvious it is--and wondering how anyone who sees me could not notice. It's a good feeling that when I go into my closet to get something to wear that I know it's going to fit (or be too big!)

It looks like dcapulet is going to be here with us soon!
bethFromDayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:51 AM   #228  
I can do this

Oh--I haven't posted a picture of me in my dress. I will at some point!
Old 05-19-2013, 03:00 PM   #229  
I can do this

Good afternoon!

I was 195.0 this morning. I don't think it's overeating, I think it's under-eliminating.

DD the younger had her birthday party here yesterday. My responsibilities were minimal--I paid for the pizza (the girls ordered it) and I paid for the cake (she ordered that, too). The girls were happy (and loud) and all seemed to have a great time. She's my youngest--and is now 18. Wow. (I did have a reasonably sized piece of cake and some ice cream--but don't intend to have any of the cake that's left).

DD said that one of her friends (who've I only met a couple of times) noticed that I was thinner but didn't want to say anything to me. It's nice to be reassured that it does show. I know 35 lbs isn't anywhere near the incredible weight some of you have lost (elvis!) but it's almost 15% of where I started!

I put on one of my favorite tops this morning--and now it's going in the giveaway pile--it's too big to wear other than around the house--it swims on me. That is a nice feeling, even if I did really like that top. I suspect even more of my tops are going to have to go. I need to do that purge so I know what I need to buy. I have some nice Kohl's coupons for next weekend, if it turns out I have time to shop. (next weekend is DD the older's wedding.)

I actually got my inbox cleaned out today--I threw things out, filed things, processed things. I'm pretty pleased with myself :-)

Although it's mid-afternoon, tomorrow's lunch is packed, and both breakfast and lunch are entered into MFP. I guess I ought to enter dinner for today and tomorrow, too, since I know what they are.

I'm getting lax about wearing my post-op boot. I expect to be out of it for good on Tuesday. I'm supposed to wait until Wednesday to drive, but I suspect I'll do some driving Monday night to the nail salon .

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
Old 05-20-2013, 07:23 AM   #230  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I was soo happy when I finally got into the 190's. I had been over 200 for years. The bad thing is, I can't sustain my losses. I keep losing the same 5 lbs over and over, and I pacify myself by saying that at least I'm still under 200. But "under 200" is not my goal. I want to lose so much more, mainly for my health, but also to look better. So many of you have made such wonderful progress. Maybe if I read through the whole thread I will get inspired to head toward the 180's.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:37 AM   #231  
I can do this

slmn11, we'll cheer for you daily! I'm about where you are (this morning was 195.4). (I keep bouncing between 194 and 195 waiting for a whoosh!)

I've got a busy day planned for today (after work)--I'm not even sure when I'll have time to make (or eat) dinner. We may end up at Hot Head Burritos tonight! It's easy for me to eat there and it's convenient.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:26 PM   #232  

Hi Everyone!! Happy Monday!! Weighed in this morning, down 3.2lbs!! I was shocked, shocked. Even my nurse was like, omg, again! And I was like, no kidding!! Yay!! New weight is 193.2. I have only been in the 190s since 5/6 so hopefully this month will be better than the last. I expect next week will not be as good to me so I will tread very carefully when jumping on the scale. Plus I'll have to wait till Tuesday to weigh-in due to the holiday. Boo!

Hope you are all having a great day!
Old 05-20-2013, 02:58 PM   #233  
I can do this

Yay, elvis. But I'm competitive, so I need my whoosh! too so we can stay together! :-)

You are doing so incredibly awesome! Let's hear it for whoosh! whoosh! woosh!
Old 05-20-2013, 03:04 PM   #234  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethFromDayton View Post
Yay, elvis. But I'm competitive, so I need my whoosh! too so we can stay together! :-)

You are doing so incredibly awesome! Let's hear it for whoosh! whoosh! woosh!
LOL Beth, I was getting nervous all week long when you kept posting your low weights and I thought you were going to leave me behind again in this thread!

We are both doing awesome!!! Give the woosh fairy some more treats, maybe she will hang around!!
Old 05-20-2013, 08:31 PM   #235  
I can do this

I did another closet clean out/purge/shopping in my own closet thing today. I found two more pairs of pants (plus got two in the mail), but some hemming is needed.

The smaller suit jacket (size 16) I ordered fits--the matching skirt (size 18) is too big. However, all the size 18 pants and shorts do fit. Skirts are more forgiving I guess.

Some tops that I've tried to wear recently are just too big--they hang funny and aren't flattering--they're in a big bag ready to go to Good Will.

I ordered some more things today from Coldwater Creek's outlet page (tops and jackets) (they don't carry size 18 petite pants). I also decided I'm bored with all my summer casual tops that go with jeans/shorts/capris. Hmm. I think I have a discount coupon for Kohl's--that's a great place for those sorts of thing.

I'm hoping for my woosh soon--I like being neck and neck with you, Elvis!
Old 05-21-2013, 09:32 PM   #236  
I can do this

So, since I am apparently in a shopping mood, I also bought two pairs of shoes tonight. One pair was cuter and one was more comfortable. It turned out that the cute ones were really reasonable and on sale, so I bought them both.

I also stopped and got my rings cleaned. I bought 16 lbs of cat food--and realized that I've lost more than 2 bags of cat food. That's pretty cool--and no wonder I was tired all the time and have more energy now!

G'night all!
Old 05-22-2013, 07:04 PM   #237  

Beth - I am actually weighing in a little more than you. I have not been changing my ticker, hoping it would go back down. I have now changed it to my honest weight as of this morning. The 195 was from about a week ago and I am now back at 198.

We should get together with our clothes because we must be built the opposite. I am a big shiny red apple! LOL I can wear a sz 16 pants but need an 18 or usually 1X top. It's not because my girls are big....I just have no hips or thighs but plenty around my waist and midriff.

I always like to buy new tops to go with my pants/capris. It makes it look like a whole new outfit.

I think this thread would give a lot of incentive to keep up with everyone else so you're not left behind.

By the way...you might have noticed that my member name is different. I was "slmn11" which stood for "slim in 2011." Obviously, I didn't get there, and it was depressing to keep seeing that, so I requested and received permission to change it. This one suits me better, since getting healthy is more important to me than being slim.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 05-23-2013 at 06:11 AM.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:31 PM   #238  

Oh man! I have been reading through the thread and you guys are losing so fast! I better get moving or I will be eating your dust.

By the way, I hope those of you who are trying to get pregnant, do, and those who are trying not to get pregnant, don't. I'm waaaay past menopause, so I will not be getting pregnant, nor will I be able to blame my weight gain on TOM.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:22 AM   #239  

Oh yes! Weighed in at 196.5 this AM. I started back on low carb yesterday and I always lose fast when I first start back. Now if I can just keep it up, I will be able to keep up with everyone else. I have been trying to find something to give me incentive to stay on plan, and this thread just might be it.

In 2011 I had major abdominal surgery and I dropped down to 182. I was so excited. 6 months later I needed another abdominal surgery. I ended up having complications and the DR put me on this weird diet where I had to eat a lot of carbs, namely, pasta. Not only did I gain it all back, but it totally screwed up my good eating habits. As I healed, I formed a lot of scar tissue in my abdomen and completely lost any muscle tone I had in my ab muscles. Now my belly is so big I look like I'm 7 months pregnant. I will never have a flat stomach, but I would like to at least look normal. I'm hoping this is not all scar tissue and once I lose some of the fat I will lose a few inches there.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:57 AM   #240  
I can do this

196.4 this morning--very frustrating. I'm OP--but going up instead of down. I'm sure I'll eventually woosh it out, but it's easier to stay motivated when the scale reflects my hard work!

These next days are going to be challenging since we'll be out of town and I have no idea where/what we're going to eat. DH and DD the younger are perfectly happy to accomodate me--Chipotles for a quick stop over McDs, etc. It's just hard eating out to be OP because things look and smell so tempting!

Im hoping to start walking for exercise again next week, but it'll take improving in the next few days, since I definitely couldn't start up now--the foot i still too swollen).

Even lunch is going to be challenging today since it's a company provided catered thing--Potbelly--so I'm going to eat my "sandwich" without bread! I even brought an extra snack today just in case I decided I couldn't make lunch work.

I'm taking tomorrow off--we leave tonight for DD the older's wedding--she's getting married on Sunday.