Old 05-09-2013, 05:50 AM   #196  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

Height: 5'6"

Very nice whooshness Beth!

My weight was up quite a bit yesterday (as I expected from the previous day's run) and today I'm back down to 190.2. Daydreaming about seeing an 8 tomorrow.

Have a happy day everyone!
Novus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:58 AM   #197  

On my way to the hospital to see my fertility doc for more blood tests and another ovary ultrasound. Please pray he sees more eggs, I need a miracle as I can't take hormones to produce more.

They usually don't take my weight at these appointments. The one time I'm dying to get on the scale to show them the "1"!!

When I first started seeing this doctor in December my weight was 257/BMI about 41. They don't treat anyone with BMI over 40 (hospital policy). Mine is 32.2 now. I think the doctor was shocked when I continued to lose so much weight. A baby is great motivation!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:38 AM   #198  
Unstoppable Force

You're in my thoughts and prayers, Elvis.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:11 AM   #199  
I can do this

S/C/G: 230/222/175

Height: 5'2"

elvis, I hope everything went well today--you're probably there now as I write this--you're in my thoughts!

(I posted this in why to stay on plan today) because last night, DH commented on my trimmer waist, smaller butt, smaller *back*, and the cheekbones showing in my face! (He also noted that my bust is still appropriately proportioned )

A couple of people at work have commented that I look much thinner. I feel prettier, since my face has thinned out a bit.

I was at 196.0 this morning (up .4 from yesterday). Isn't it strange how you can expect that (after a 1.4 lb whoosh, I expected to bounce a little), but still be a bit disappointed? I haven't talked to DH but wouldn't be surprised if he was lower today--I still have some chasing to do in order to reliably weigh less than he does! Being the same yesterday isn't enough for me!

Just called DH

DH: 193.8
me: That's not fair!
DH: You got a whoosh! Don't I get one, too?
me: <laughing> yes. 196.0
DH: You're doing great!

So, I've got him trained--he knows about ONEderland and wooshes! now.

He has told me that he wouldn't be losing weight if I wasn't. My dinner changes (he eats better, too) (and I serve everything so he has smaller portions) have really helped him and motivated him to eat better at lunch.

novus, you're going to be out of here in no time at all!

DD the older (stepdaughter)'s wedding is 2 weeks from Sunday--DH is hoping to be at 190 and I'm hoping to be 192-193. I'll have to try on my dress to make sure it fits right--wouldn't it be a hoot if it ended up being too big? I don't think it will, though, but it's very flattering and will be more so if there's less of me to flatter!
bethFromDayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:42 AM   #200  

Thanks, both of you. Just got home a little while ago. Only 3 eggs on each ovary, not sure what's going to happen now. Have to wait til the follow-up appointment but that's not til the 28th. I try so hard to be patient but I feel like I'm just waiting and waiting all the time! And it's hard knowing already that the egg count is the same (I heard the doctor telling the nurse and I have all the lingo down now!!) and that I can't take the risk of egg-stimulating meds. But my fertility doctor did say that we can work with what we have and we only need 1 to work!! (Secretly I would love twins or triplets but I'm not being greedy, one little sweety will satisfy me!) Traffic was so bad this morning, the hospital is about 50 miles away but it takes us over 2 hours to get there. When we were sitting on the highway I prayed to God to get us there on time. We did and actually had time to spare, so at least I know He's listening.

You ladies are rocking these 90s here, I have to wait til Monday for my next weigh-in. SEE??? MORE waiting!! At least I can laugh about it now, onederland was all I wanted and I got it so I'm quite content to be here a *little* while now.

Hope you are all having a great day.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:45 AM   #201  
Downloading 10% complete

S/C/G: 190/188/170

Height: 5'4"

Hey folks, I'm definitely back here! Been skint for a few weeks, and eating what I can afford hasn't been conducive to staying in the 180s. Back in the game today! Was about to inhale some biscuits and realised I wasn't hungry yet, so I'm readjusting my priorities again now I can buy real food

Put on 5lbs, have been holding at 193-194 for a week or so. Dangerously close to my BMI cutoff and I finally have another Doctor's appointment on Tuesday, so please keep your fingers crossed for me getting my prescription! My usual Doctor's on holiday, and I'm getting a locum which is... an unknown quantity. Trying not to stress about it too much, hopefully she'll take my word for my BMI being well under 35 now!! I really want to give my body time to adjust to the pill as I'm starting uni in 5 months, and I want it to be a new start!

Elvis, I feel like we're on two sides of the same coin sometimes, you trying to get your BMI down to have a baby, me trying to get my BMI down to not have one! I really hope your appointment goes well today. Sending Jedi vibes your way, may the force be strong with you!

Off out for a walk now. And to pick up some real, non-carb food! Finally!
the shiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:48 AM   #202  
Downloading 10% complete

I cross posted with you, Elvis. Stay strong! I have a good feeling about this all working out for you, and I hope that feeling's right
Old 05-10-2013, 04:44 AM   #203  
Unstoppable Force

Still here. 190 even again this morning. My body just really needs a day off. Tuesday = 8 hour work shift + run. Wednesday and Thursday = worked both jobs for a total of 11 hours each day. (And I'm on my feet all day at work.) I'm achey and can feel all the fluid my muscles are retaining. Plus, it's cold and rainy today. I feel like a cranky old lady right now.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:20 AM   #204  

Thank you, Shiv.

Actually Novus, I think you cursed yourself. You were so happy for me and my success that you don't want to leave me now. I get it.

Hi Beth!

Rough day yesterday, I didn't post too much. My husband had the day off with me as we both had doctor's appointments. Talk about feeling old together LOL..
Old 05-10-2013, 09:16 AM   #205  
I can do this

I'm up some more today (196.8) but that's still clearly solidly in the 190s. (I blame it all on constipation, since I'm OP.)

More than a year ago, I bought two pairs of jeans on a business trip (it was during a 'low weight' point, but not as low as I am now). I wore one pair while I was gone and they were way too tight, so I returned the other one. The pair I'd worn sat in my closet--and today I'm wearing them and they are not even tight--just comfortable.

I got a bunch of clothes in the mail yesterday--but didn't have time to try them on. I'll check them out this weekend to see if all the 18s fit. I haven't gone through tops (and jackets/cardigans/vests) in my closet to see what is now too big (the top I wore yesterday is going to Good Will after I wash it).

I actually had a really nice, pretty extensive warddrobe. I have a lot fewer choices in my closet these days! (And YAY for that!) I try not to keep anything hanging up in there that I can't wear, so I definitely will have to go through things again. And that means shopping--and balancing that I intend to still be losing weight with my need to have clothing choices.

Have a great Friday, everyone!

Last edited by bethFromDayton; 05-10-2013 at 09:25 AM.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:12 PM   #206  
Downloading 10% complete

What in the heck is IE combined with protein tracking (100+g a day) and weights meant to look like? Possible? Impossible? Stay tuned to find out! I didn't like 194 the last time, and I still don't like it now.

Ding ding! Back in the ring

Keep up the good work everyone
Old 05-11-2013, 09:52 AM   #207  
Unstoppable Force

Hope today is a better day Elvis!

Hooray for new clothes Beth! Isn't that the awesomest?

Welcome back Shiv and good luck!

Girls Night Out did not go as planned. On the way to the salon where we planned to meet one of the girls' car broke down and the other girl went to rescue her. So I was all alone when I got my hair did. But the 'do turned out FABULOUS and I was shocked when I saw myself in the photo the stylist took. (You can see my post about it HERE.)

Then we had planned to go to opening night of Great Gatsby and dress up as flappers. But we all decided we were just too tired and stressed out to properly enjoy it so we're putting that off until next week. Instead, we shopped at Goodwill for awhile and went out to dinner and had a lot of crazy silly fun as only we can.

Have a fabulous Saturday everyone!
Old 05-11-2013, 10:01 AM   #208  
Downloading 10% complete

Novus, you look awesome! First things I noticed are that your hair looks really soft and glossy, that colour looks great on you! And the extra definition in your face is so noticeable! Hello, cheekbones Sounds like you all ended up making a great day of it!

I have good news too, after going back up to 194 and getting stuck, got a whoosh down to 190 when I got up today!

Happy weekend everyone
Old 05-11-2013, 12:35 PM   #209  
I can do this

Totally horrible food afternoon and night--I'm up to 198.6 this morning. Salt, fried foods, sweets, and even a little alcohol. Fortunately, I don't have any more parties to go to this weekend so it'll be much easier to stay on track.

They were good parties, though :-). A woman from work retired, and a couple I know and really like had their first party in their new home.

I have a ton of things to work on this weekend--post office, clothes, resume update, planting things and we're going to a baseball game tomorrow.

It's the start of a busy weekend.
Old 05-12-2013, 05:47 AM   #210  
Unstoppable Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by the shiv View Post
Novus, you look awesome! First things I noticed are that your hair looks really soft and glossy, that colour looks great on you! And the extra definition in your face is so noticeable! Hello, cheekbones
Thanks so much Shiv!