Old 05-06-2013, 12:52 PM   #181  

Guess who has entered the building?? ELVIS!!!

Thank God I got here before Mozzy left!!!

199.4lbs this morning, I was so happy I cried. AGAIN.

I don't plan on staying here long so please spread around that 190s pixie dust you all seem to have here.

So happy to be here, you have no idea. Huge stress relief to plant myself here today.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:57 PM   #182  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post

I'm so freakin' happy for you it's kinna ridiculous!!!!!
Novus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:57 PM   #183  
I can do this

S/C/G: 230/222/175

Height: 5'2"

Yes yes yes! And now I can stop checking 3FC every 10 minutes. What'd you do, elvis, go errand running instead of checking in and letting us know what is going on?

We're going to have a great time in the 190s--and we're headed DOWN DOWN DOWN.
bethFromDayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:07 PM   #184  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Thank God I got here before Mozzy left!!!

199.4lbs this morning, I was so happy I cried. AGAIN.

I don't plan on staying here long so please spread around that 190s pixie dust you all seem to have here.

So happy to be here, you have no idea. Huge stress relief to plant myself here today.
Super yay!!! Congrats, I'm so proud of you!!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:44 PM   #185  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

Welcome to Elvis!
So I've been eating at maintenance for the past week...
I need to focus on getting outta here. I'm going to set a personal goal to be at or below 195 by June 1 and be in the 180's by July 1st. I ran my 5k, I now need to focus on weightloss.
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:50 PM   #186  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novus View Post

I'm so freakin' happy for you it's kinna ridiculous!!!!!
Awww Thank you!! I'm really really happy too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethFromDayton View Post
Yes yes yes! And now I can stop checking 3FC every 10 minutes. What'd you do, elvis, go errand running instead of checking in and letting us know what is going on?

We're going to have a great time in the 190s--and we're headed DOWN DOWN DOWN.
We definitely are going to have a great time!! So happy to be here but it's only temporary, now it's looking to 189.9!!

And I didn't leave you hanging, I swear! I had to get bloodwork done afterwards and I was gone longer than planned! And I couldn't start the thread on my phone as I was too excited, I needed to be able to type to all my threads!! Thank you for checking on me though, that means so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozzy View Post
Super yay!!! Congrats, I'm so proud of you!!!!
Thanks Mozzy!! You inspire me so much, you are rocking these 190s and leaving me in your dust. I just had to spend one real day here with you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattymcfatty View Post
Welcome to Elvis!
So I've been eating at maintenance for the past week...
I need to focus on getting outta here. I'm going to set a personal goal to be at or below 195 by June 1 and be in the 180's by July 1st. I ran my 5k, I now need to focus on weightloss.
Thanks, fattymcfatty!! Congrats on your 5k!! I'm starting W7D1 of C25K this afternoon. I'm just in such a hyper excited mood and I'm afraid to exercise too soon after my lunch with all this excitement going on! I can't wait to be able to run like you (but even just the training is killing me on the scale, not sure if it's water retention or what).
Old 05-07-2013, 08:07 AM   #187  
I can do this

Good morning, everyone!

I overslept this morning, but not so much that I didn't find time to step on the scale. (This takes a little longer for me right now since I'm still wearing a post-op boot) 197.0 I'm pretty pleased about that. I stayed stuck at 200.x for so long that it's great to see some movement.

I updated my ticker to 198--I can't bring myself to take it down to the 'current' number since I know it can bounce around a little bit.

My step-daughter is getting married May 26, and I'd like to be down to 193 by then. Well, I'd like to be down to 140, but I think 193 is a more realistic goal! I get to write numbers starting with "1". I'm really in ONEderland!

MFP asked me if I wanted to recalculate my daily calorie goal based on my weight loss, but I said 'no'. I don't want to aim any lower than I am right now, and even with that, I'm 40-60 calories over every day. That will change once I can do my daily walks for exercise since I'll actually have exercise calories to eat back :-)

DH has been losing weight, too, although at a lower rate than I am. When we started out, I outweighed him by 19 lbs. I now outweigh him by about 3 lbs. However, his goal weight is about 180 so I definitely intend to pass him up eventually.

Edited to add: just called DH (I left for work before he got up): This morning we are 1 lb apart!

That's my long-winded start to the morning--have a great day, everyone!

Last edited by bethFromDayton; 05-07-2013 at 08:09 AM.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:26 AM   #188  

WOW Beth!!! You are doing awesome. I hope the 190s are easier for us than the 200s were. I wonder who decides what decades go together on this site, the teens and 00s together was rough for me.

My husband weighed in at 190 this morning, I was like wtf!! He's going to a baseball game tonight and I told him he better eat good!! He has a physical on Thursday and he's lost over 30lbs since last year. I'm really proud of him but he's getting SKINNY!! Looks hot though!

I feel so relaxed today, it's amazing what a pound can do for our minds. I don't know why that stupid pound meant so much to me but it did. Maybe if I relax here now, the 190s will be a breeze. (Wishful thinking, right?!)

Hope you all have a great day!!
Old 05-07-2013, 04:12 PM   #189  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

So glad Elvis and Beth made it to this thread before today... Cuz I'm outta here!!! 189 today!!!

Adios and thanks for all the support y'all!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:58 PM   #190  
Unstoppable Force

MOZZY!!! Fab-u-lous! You go girl!

Beth and Elvis - You both sound so happy. Keep on keepin' on and you'll be in the 180s in a flash!

I had a great day! Weighed in at 190 EVEN this morning, went for a great run this afternoon (well, it was great...until the Attack of the Geese ), and just finished eating a fabulously yummy dinner.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:01 PM   #191  

Only got 1 night with Mozzy but I guess that's enough! And now Novus almost too!!

OMG Novus, if I ran into geese I'd be lower than 190 because I would have pooped myself scared!!!

We will have to drag up 2 more people from the 2-0-X thread and fill your seats!
Old 05-07-2013, 06:13 PM   #192  
Unstoppable Force

Quote:
OMG Novus, if I ran into geese I'd be lower than 190 because I would have pooped myself scared!!!

I got too close to the baby geese and the mommys and daddys were NOT pleased with me. It is not an experience I care to repeat! Ever.

I won't be in the 180s tomorrow. The scale never drops the day after a run. But I hope to be there on Friday! I'm getting a new hairstyle and I so want to get that new look to go along with 189, which is totally unchartered territory for me.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:06 AM   #193  
Downloading 10% complete

S/C/G: 190/188/170

Height: 5'4"

Elvis!!! Welcome!

I'm back
the shiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:53 AM   #194  
I can do this

Good morning all!

I've whooshed! a bit (TMI: bathroom day yesterday) and I'm down to 195.6. I'm pretty psyched by that and glad to see mid-digits (it's a psychological thing). I'm going to adjust my ticker to 197--I'm always scared to drop it to a number I might bounce back above for a while, so I'm not droppingit to 196. (I don't have an official 'weigh-in' day, so I wing it)

My mornings have been hard lately--not food wise, but because the woman who very kindly drives me to work in the morning (our next door neighbor) is diametrically opposed to me politics-wise and she drops something political every morning and I have to bit my tongue to say nothing. She's actually pretty poorly informed (although she's a smart woman) and believes things are clearly nonsense. (I've even looked a few up to make sure I was right about them being nonsense) I find it a bit stressful saying nothing--but I know it's the right way to handle it.

Oh well, in 2 weeks I'll be able to drive again!
Old 05-08-2013, 01:39 PM   #195  

Novus, LOL, the geese still crack me up. We have turkeys and fox around here. They sure might help me with running skills soon. There are baby foxes that look so cute and cuddly but their mom doesn't seem very willing to share them with me!

Shiv, thank you!!! I have finally arrived but I'm not staying long!!

OMG Beth, can you try to stay in the 190s for at least a week with me?!?! Awesome! You are right on track for your step-daughter's wedding at the end of the month. And you are going to be gorgeous!! About your friend in the car, it's best that you are quiet (and you know that already, even if it's killing you inside!). I have found that even FACTS don't make people change their view, no matter how absurd their thoughts. Plus you really need the ride right now. Maybe on the last day she drives you, you can leave a fact sheet on the car seat for her to be schooled!! (Lol, jk, kinda!) I don't want to say the wrong thing here as politics can get very heated. But I found out my OB/GYN supports someone that I am the COMPLETE opposite of but I have to remember she's helping me and my issues and it doesn't really matter who she votes for (or does it....?!). It's a good thing my lady parts don't have a political affiliation!!