Old 05-01-2013, 09:39 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

Race was fun! I ran the entire 5k without stopping, that was my goal at New Year. My time was 39:45.
I've been staying away from the scale because the next day I went to a champagne brunch and wine tasting. I decided to drink a lot of water and wait for the salt bloat to die before I hop back on the scale. I did run two miles yesterday, so I feel pretty good!
Good job on the losses everyone!
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:59 PM   #167  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

193 today
Super lame!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:11 PM   #168  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novus View Post
I think Beth and Elvis should be allowed in as honorary members. I mean, if it weren't for digital scales, they probably WOULD be here. .06? Pshaw, I say. Pshaw.
Somehow I missed this post! LOL @ .6!! Without the decimals we'd be up to 201 with it rounding up!!

I don't want to take a seat here until I'm official. So instead, I just stalk you all.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:40 PM   #169  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

Height: 5'6"

fattymcfatty - Woohoo on running the whole race! You go girl!

Mozzy -

Elvis - Well, you better get your butt in here before I move out cuz I wanna hang with you. You're super motivating and heaps of fun!
Novus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:08 PM   #170  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novus View Post
Elvis - Well, you better get your butt in here before I move out cuz I wanna hang with you. You're super motivating and heaps of fun!
OMG how sweet are you?!!? Your posts keep me in check so much and I appreciate them more than you could ever know. Don't let me hold you up in here, I'll just stalk you in the 180s!!! And trust me, my Monday weigh-in can't get here fast enough! I feel like I wish time away all over that flipping scale.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:56 AM   #171  

S/C/G: 335/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7 -171ish cm

191.4 today. I think according to bmi I am now overweight lol
CherryQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:57 PM   #172  
I'm bringing sexy back!

Congrats cherry!!!

193 (again) this is super lame
Old 05-04-2013, 03:14 PM   #173  
I'm bringing sexy back!

Still at 193, I'm really beginning to hate this number
Old 05-04-2013, 03:51 PM   #174  
I can do this

S/C/G: 230/222/175

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone! When I saw this morning I was in ONEderland, I woke DH to tell him. I apologized for waking him :-), but I did it anyway. And he smiled at me before he went back to sleep!

So, I'm 198.6 this morning, and I've now officially (at least to me), moved down to this thread. It seems like a great group of women and I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you better, while still hoping you race out of here as fast as is healthy!

mozzy, I stayed at 200.x for at least a week, and then dropped a lot--I bet you'll do the same. It's funny how you can be so excited to get to 199--and then be sick and tired of 193, isn't it?

fattymcfatty, I'm impressed by your running. I've never been a runner, and probably won't ever take it up--but I read about things like running a 5k without stopping, and I think "wow"--what a great accomplishment!

It looks like cherry, novus, and mozzy will all be out of here soon--that's just terrific!

I'm starting the 30 day squat challenge today. I think my foot is doing well enough that I can do even though I'm still in my post-op boot from toe surgery 4 weeks ago. Is anyone interested in doing it with me?

Link to challenge info: http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/30%20da...at%20challenge

YouTube showing squat moves:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK9jzjsTJts

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I'm so glad to be here with all of you!
bethFromDayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:28 PM   #175  
I'm bringing sexy back!

Super yay Beth!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!
Old 05-05-2013, 07:09 AM   #176  
Unstoppable Force

Hooray Beth!!! You're here!!! Awesomeness!

Elvis - Sending you hugs and lots of magic pixie dust for tomorrow's weigh-in.

Cherry - Woohoo!

Mozzy, oh Mozzy. You must be so sad and frustrated. I read somewhere that a plateau is common after 50 pounds lost. It sounds like that's where you're at. Hope you bust through real soon!

I wanted to HUG Gladys [my scale] this morning. I checked my weight about 15 times. 190.8!!! I was really hoping to be in the 180s by Friday. (Girls Night Out and a new hairstyle!) Looks like I'm gonna make it.

ETA It's not an "official" Ticker Change Day but I did it anyway.

Last edited by Novus; 05-05-2013 at 07:20 AM.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:13 PM   #177  
I'm bringing sexy back!

190.5 this morning! Woohoo!!!!!!
Old 05-05-2013, 12:49 PM   #178  
I can do this

It looks like Novus and b]mozzy[/b] are neck and neck heading down--that is fantastic!

I was 198.2 this morning--that whoosh moved me right past 199, and that's good, because I feel pretty good that even a small gain would allow me to stay in ONEderland. I never want to see a '2' again!

I caught a glimpse of myself in a mirror last night and at that angle I thought "wow, I really have lost weight". Other times, I feel as if it doesn't even show. I guess that's pretty common, though. I'm going to have DH take updated pictures tonight, I think. I've started a Word document with a table to put pictures in so that there's a front/rear/side picture in each column and then I can add a column each time I get new pictures. It shows me the change so that I can really see it.

I started the 30 day squat/crunch/plank challenge yesterday. It wasn't hard to do the first day, but I can feel the squats in my thighs today! I'm going to crank some tunes and do day 2.

Let's hear it for a great Sunday!
Old 05-05-2013, 02:22 PM   #179  
Unstoppable Force

Hooooray Mozzy!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethFromDayton View Post
I caught a glimpse of myself in a mirror last night and at that angle I thought "wow, I really have lost weight". Other times, I feel as if it doesn't even show. I guess that's pretty common, though.
Oh, absolutely. The other day at work I walked into the bathroom, where the first thing you see is a huge wall of mirrors. When I caught a glimpse of myself, for just a second I thought, "Woa. I DO look smaller." Most of the time, though, I can't see it at all. Sometimes I almost wish I could be my old fat self, just for a day, so I could really realize what a huge difference there is, both in how I look and in how I feel.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:15 AM   #180  
I can do this

Happy Monday morning, everyone.

I was at 198 even this morning--I'm feeling pretty good about that, but I'm also finding looking at the scale weird. I was 201 ish for a while and I was used to seeing low numbers. Now the 198 looks like a "big" number since the 9s and 8s are bigger than 0 and 1. This is very silly.

My kids were very pleased for me when I told them I got to ONEderland. My son is across the country doing a summer co-op and he was understated but happy for me--he's pretty health conscious so he's glad that I'm starting to take better care of myself. My daughter (almost 18) was more exuberant (the text had 3 exclamation points) (I texted her a picture of the scale at 198.6) On the days she's with me (she spends half her time at her dad's), I'm going to encourage her to join me in the squat/crunch/plank/dumbbell challenges.

I'd rather be home doing my challenges than be at work. Guess that's not so surprising!

Hope today is the start of a great week for everyone!