Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

Height: 5'6"

189.6!!!

I'm outta here!

Happy Sunday all!
Novus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:52 AM   #212  

Yay!!! Congrats Novus!! See you in the 180s!!

Loved spending this week with you here!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:29 AM   #213  
Downloading 10% complete

S/C/G: 190/188/170

Height: 5'4"

I'm coming with you, Novus! Ditched the 5lb regain, so back down to 189 today. Elvis, I'll see you soon
the shiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:11 PM   #214  
I can do this

S/C/G: 230/222/175

Height: 5'2"

Way to go, novus and shiv! That's terrific! Enjoy the 180s--elvis and I will try to get there as soon as we can!

I'm back to 196.2 today, so I'm at my ticker after yesterday's anti-whoosh. DH is 3 lbs below me, but I remind myself we started out 18 lbs apart!

None of my kids are home today (one with dad, one in LA, one in MO), so DH and I are going to a baseball game. Unfortunately, it's pretty cold out for a baseball game, but we were given tickets, so what the heck.

I'm still wearing my post-op boot but basically ignoring it--I'm walking fine, I feel fine, I just want to be back in regular shoes--and more importantly, able to drive!

I've taken 2 days off of my challenges--need to get back to them today.

Have a great Sunday all, and Happy Mother's Day to the moms!
bethFromDayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:06 PM   #215  

Have fun at the game, Beth!

Omg shiv AND Novus?! I can't take losing you both today!! Talk about motivation to get through the 190s!! Just don't fly through the 180s!! Awesome work, ladies!!
Old 05-13-2013, 06:46 AM   #216  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by the shiv View Post
I'm coming with you, Novus! Ditched the 5lb regain, so back down to 189 today. Elvis, I'll see you soon
Hooray Shiv! Let's dance our groovy selves on over to the 180s thread!

Elvis and Beth....you're gonna be right behind us! See ya soon!
Novus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:21 AM   #217  
I can do this

196.8 this morning. Still want to be heading down faster and I'm hoping elvis's weigh in today is a big whoosh!

Next Tuesday, I hope to be out of my post-op boot and be able to start walking for exercise again. And Wednesday--9 days--I should be able to drive again. I can't wait!

I'm 3 lbs above DH this morning--he whooshed! down while I anti-whooshed!. But I know my dress will fit and look good next weekend for DD the older's wedding. I don't know what I'm going to do about shoes yet--and won't have time to go shoe shopping--I hope my dressy whitish almost-flats will be wearable (toe-wise).

I'm not sure how transportation will work yet, but DD the younger and I are getting manis and pedis next Monday. DD is wearing sandals to the wedding (she's a bridesmaid) so she wants her toes done. I can't say I blame her!

Oh--it just occurred to me--once I start driving again, I can get a MASSAGE! My neck is crying out for one.

Dream dream dream....

Have a great Monday, all!
Old 05-13-2013, 01:43 PM   #218  

Hi Beth! I had to search for this post, I'm so focused on page 1 of the current posts I forget to look at the ones that get buried!

How awesome we are practically at the same weight again?! Sorry, I get so excited over little things!!

The wedding is coming up so fast, enjoy the time planning (ie getting pedicures and manicures and hopefully a massage!). I never had a massage in my life, I get nervous being touched by strangers (but I guess that's the point??). Plus, when I weighed 160lbs I thought I was too heavy to get one. Maybe I will have to put it on my bucket list of things to do at goal!!

This thread got pretty lonely real quick, we are the only 2 consistently making any noise!!
Old 05-13-2013, 03:53 PM   #219  
I can do this

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
This thread got pretty lonely real quick, we are the only 2 consistently making any noise!!
We are pretty awesome . I hope some of our two-teens friends make it to ONEderland soon to keep us company, though!

Manis and pedis (and a haircut) next week--but then I'll wait for a massage until after the wedding--I just won't have time. I love massages--and I've gotten them even at my highest weight. Sure, I'd rather be thinner, but I wasn't (working on it!) and I refused to put anything in my life on hold, except perhaps my motorcycle and as I lose weight, I may take that up again, too!
Old 05-14-2013, 12:16 PM   #220  
I can do this

Up a bit this morning (197.6), but TOM showed up, so that could be affecting me.

I'm having a lovely salad for lunch--a couple of kinds of lettuce, tomatoes, cukes, shredded carrots, green pepper, celery, 1/4 cup of cheese, and 3 oz of rotisserie chicken. Yummy. I made it last night so it was an easy morning of 'grab and go'.

We're having ribeye for dinner tonight :-). I had my George Foreman grill for over a year (maybe 2?) and I never used it. Now it sits on my counter!

I posted my resume on job sites last night. I hope to start getting some interest--I already got one email this morning. I'm still employed, but the contract I'm working on runs out of funding soon, and my bosses already know I want a different contract--and nothing has been available. So, I'm looking for something else.

Wish me luck--and I've got to try on the interview outfits I ordered--some of the job sites still recommend skirt suits for interviewing. I only bought pants suits, but I don't know if I should order a skirt suit in case I get an interview at a more formal business. Right now, I'm in a super casual place, but I don't expect to find that again, and I really don't care as long as the work is more interesting!
Old 05-14-2013, 04:27 PM   #221  

Ooops, missed this thread again! I saw you on another one and it reminded me!!

Yes, we are definitely awesome!!!

I wish you lots of luck on your interviews, it can be so stressful. But you are going to look awesome and confident in your new outfits!! And it's so much easier when your current employer knows and supports you as far as leaving (doing it in secret and worrying about reference checks is the worst!). And yes, grab yourself a pretty skirt! Or even a dress that you can wear a suit jacket over.

Your lunch and dinner sounds delicious! And we love our small George Foreman, chicken breasts cook in no time!

Nothing new and exciting around here today, boring even! I feel like I've been washing dishes all day (and I'm the only one home lol). The handle to our dishwasher broke yesterday so my husband ordered the part from Maytag last night. He took all of the dirty stuff out and washed it (he's the best!) and I put it all away today. I hate washing dishes, I sent him a text saying I have dishpan hands already and I only had to wash like 4 things. I'm such a baby! I really don't want to use paper plates for dinner but it would be easier to clean up. I could use a maid right about now!

And as far as your weight, TOM definitely is effecting it so no worries there as it will correct itself. I was dancing last night with my 3lb loss this week, I looked up last month's total loss and it was only 3 total! The month before that was 10 and the month before that was 18! I want the 18lb months back please!
Old 05-14-2013, 06:12 PM   #222  
I can do this

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
I wish you lots of luck on your interviews, it can be so stressful. But you are going to look awesome and confident in your new outfits!! And it's so much easier when your current employer knows and supports you as far as leaving (doing it in secret and worrying about reference checks is the worst!).
I'm not worried about reference checks, although I haven't straight out told my supervisor that I'm looking, he has to know it. I mean, when I told him I wasn't feeling challenged and that I wanted to be on a different contract, he said he'd rather hear that than that I'd found something else.

Quote:
And yes, grab yourself a pretty skirt! Or even a dress that you can wear a suit jacket over.
I guess I'll have to do some more shopping. Even though I wear jeans pretty much every day, that isn't usual for my field, so I know I'll have to up my wardrobe. I had that kind of wardrobe, but I gave it all away since I'm not a size 20 or 22 anymore. I had a number of size 18 items that do fit, but they aren't in style anymore. I just don't want to buy too many things until I know what the work environment I'm (hopefully) moving to will be.

But, I guess a skirt suit interviewing couldn't be a bad idea.

Hey--who else is out there? Talk to us! We'll say wonderful things and support you and see if we can all move to the 180s together!
Old 05-16-2013, 08:01 AM   #223  

S/C/G: 335/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7 -171ish cm

Just wanted to pop in and update since its been a couple weeks. I disapeared cause my fiance came back from where he works seasonally. So ive spent the last couple weeks adjusting my diet around his eating schedual which ive realised is impossible cause hes a man that works 12 hrs a day and im a small framed woman lol I just cant keep up. So we've working on that. Ive bloated cause of the salt content in his food, he puts salt on everything so I have to teach him not too. But I have maintained and not gained! Ive probably lost some but im fairly bloated from the sheer amount of salt and the different times of eating..so yeah. Itll probably be another couple weeks before the couple lbs of bloat is gone and I see any new weightloss but at least my fiance is home and Im not gaining. Its just a huge adjustment.
CherryQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:48 PM   #224  
I can do this

Happy Thursday!

A bathroom morning (and ending TOM) and I'm back at ticker (195.8) today. I'm still hoping to be down another pound or two by next weekend for DD the older's wedding. DH has lost about 17 lbs, so he's doing well, too.

I've stopped my exercise challenges--I think I'm going to take up the dumbbell one again and not try to do them all at once.

I did order some new clothes, but not a lot--I can already tell there's room in my size 18 jeans. I'm definitely not a 16 yet, but the 18s are roomy. I'm going to 'get by' for a while and then will definitely be buying some new things before our TX vacation over the 4th of July (or as soon as I land a new job). Last year, I bought 5 summer dresses for our trip to Japan--I haven't tried any of them on, but I expect they'll all be too big--maybe 1 or 2 will be wearable). I'm waiting until close to the last minute so that any new vacation clothes will still fit in mid-August when I'm going to CA for a week. (Yes, I love to travel)

I was feeling as if I hadn't really lost much weight--but then I was scrolling through my Facebook pictures on my phone--omg, yes, it definitely shows. I see the difference in my face, my stomach, my hips. I'll have to post pics here when I figure out how!

Have a great day, all--and tomorrow is Friday!
Old 05-17-2013, 08:09 AM   #225  
I can do this

194 even this morning--and DH was 194.8. Hee hee!!! I'm not updating my ticker yet, but I'm pretty thrilled about it. As soon as staying there appears to be permanent, I'll update my ticker and plan for my next mini-goal. My mini-goals are pretty small--I seem to like them best at 5-8 lbs. It's something about the feeling of accomplishment. And since every 5 pounds does matter, health wise, I can feel good about that!

Speaking of health wise, my blood sugar has been in a healthy range every morning I've tested it. And in a healthy range the day I checked it after meals. I don't know if I'll get low enough to get off meds, but I am getting low enough to avoid diabetes complications.

I still haven't restarted any exercise. That's my next "gotta do". Even though the toe surgery derailed my walking, I ought to be doing at least the dumbbell challenge or the squats or something.

Have a great day, all!