Old 11-01-2007, 07:02 AM   #1  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Thumbs up November NSV's

Welcome to one of the most popular threads here at the 100lb club!

For those of you unfamiliar with the term, NSV stands for Non Scale Victory. This is where we share our progress on matters that don't necessarily relate to the number on the scale. Such as making a healthier choice, resisting temptation, receiving a compliment (we're big on those), fitting into clothing better, something in the fitness area and so on and so on. It is definitely one of my favorite threads, incredibly inspiring and no, it is NOT the time to be humble!!!! It's also capable of provoking a few tears every now and then. So let's start filling er' up.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 10:32 AM   #2  
No description available.

My NSV for tday was:

It was dark. I was whiny. I ran anyway.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 11:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

I threw away all the excess Halloween candy. That would NEVER have happened before. I always bought extra bags knowing I wouldn't need them. Not this year and I was rewarded with a nice little drop on the scale to let me know I did the right thing.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 12:55 PM   #4  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

I came out of the gym last night starving and had to go to the supermarket. Went into the mall, walked past the food court with McDonalds, KFC, Chinese, Indian etc and didn't want any of it. Went into the supermarket and came out with exactly what was on my list. Walked back through the food court and bought sushi for dinner...
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 02:38 PM   #5  
Doing it for my future!!!

S/C/G: 280/278/145

Height: 5'5"

I had NO Halloween candy!
OptimistK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 05:34 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 294/270/170

Height: 5'6"

Lunch was unexpectedly on the run today - as it was unexpected, I didn't have anything with me. I was with a group of people who made the decision to grab some fast food - I popped out of the car while they hit the drive through, to go to the Safeway across the parking lot and pick up some raw veggies, a small bag of almonds, a gorgeous pear and a bottle of water. I even managed to beat them back!

I felt really proud of myself for staying true to my new way of eating. When you love the food you eat, it really does make such a difference.

Cool thread!
Lally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 06:42 PM   #7  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

I had no candy either, and there is still a bunch of it in my house from a fall fest at our church. I don't even want it, and it is chocolate!
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 07:33 PM   #8  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7"

Midwife, I'm proud of you!
Robin, Kim and Ritzy...a dancing broccoli for you!!!!

Lally!! Good for you!! Glad you made the smart choice!

It seems like I've had so many NSV's lately.....
My husband picked me up from work the other day. I was waiting outside for him, and he told me when I got in the car that he was amazed at how skinny I looked as he drove up!! Imagine! He used the word SKINNY!!! I know that at 218 it really isn't true, but he did notice a difference, and that's what counts. You know when they say that all of a sudden people will notice, just out of the blue? Well, it's true!! I don't see why, but all of a sudden people are commenting on the weight loss! It's a nice morale booster!!
PeggyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 08:39 PM   #9  
Steps on this journey...

Height: 5'3

I noticed today that the chair at my work doesn't make noise anymore when I move around in it!

And, I flew 3 flights last week and both armrests stayed completely down!!!!!

And for a third NSV: I am down to one chin!!!!!!
TheBabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 10:12 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolen View Post
I came out of the gym last night starving and had to go to the supermarket. Went into the mall, walked past the food court with McDonalds, KFC, Chinese, Indian etc and didn't want any of it. Went into the supermarket and came out with exactly what was on my list. Walked back through the food court and bought sushi for dinner...
Passing up Indian??? HUGE HUGE HUUUUGGGGE NSV!!!!!!!!!!! (Well, for me it would be...so I'm super proud of you!)

I bought my dress for DH's Christmas party. It isn't the size 12 I was hoping I'd wear when I started this in January....but it is a GORGEOUS, red chiffon dress with ruching on an empire waist....size 16. 2 sizes bigger than what I was hoping but I still think I look pretty stunning in it. I've got a great pair of sparkly silver sandals to wear with it.
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 10:59 AM   #11  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Hi,
I have a few NSV"s..
This is the first year in I don't know how many that I didn't raid my kid's Halloween stash.. Everytime I wanted to I grabed fruit, or a Kashi bar.
I just noticed that I can see my feet, usually I had this big old stomach to look over, it feels good.
I am wearing clothes that I couldn't even put on.. I am wearing a turtleneck... that is a size 20, I couldn't even wear it, because it was too tight, it felt horrible, now it is loose, I feel nice in it, and it even looks a little big, by spring it will be too big. Also the pants I am wearing , I couldn't even pull over my thighs, last year, they were so tight!! Now they are on, buttoned up and loose. they say size 22, but have no elastic, and look more like a 20 to me..
I looked in the mirror today and with these clothes on I look different, slimmer, wow! I didn't think it was possible, with the bad October I had, it goes to show you miracles happen.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 04:52 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

I haven't had any in a while but had two today. I got out of the shower this morning and wrapped a towel around me and it overlapped and covered all of me. I had to take a look at it to make sure it wasn't one of those big bath sheet towels, but nope, just a regular old towel!
Second, I was sitting on the couch with my legs crossed very comfortable. I pointed this out to DH, and he looked at me very confused. I said "I haven't been able to cross my legs in a long time." He thought I was kidding and was really surprised. He hadn't ever noticed. The most I could do was put my ankle up on my opposite knee. And to do that I had to reach down and grab my ankle with my hands and put it up there! Can't believe he never noticed!

royalsfann, I bet you will look gorgeous!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 06:34 PM   #13  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

I went to the gym this morning and one of the trainers stopped by me while I was doing crunches and said I was doing them exactly right. Then when I went to leave, the receptionist said that I looked shattered and must have worked hard. Um - that's the whole point of a workout!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 08:57 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

This morning I had a great workout. He had me start to practice some powerlifting techniques, that was kind of fun. I was having a hard time imagining being able to put up the big numbers that the professional powerlifters do & asked him about it - now I get it's because they use a different style. (I'm not sure I want to get into powerlifting but it's something to consider).

This evening I went to IKEA & picked up all the cabinets for our kitchen. I loaded the truck at the store & unloaded it at home - all by myself!!!! There are 90 pieces & some of them are bigger than me - lol!

So I count that as 2 workouts today! (to make up for the vodka last night!)
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 01:58 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

Me again! I went to the gym to do cardio this morning & did an hour!!!! I've never had any interest in pushing myself for that long before - I get so bored doing cardio but today I just jumped from machine to machine until I had an hour of pushing hard!!!

After my workout I was super looking forward to having a bagel sandwich - yum!!! I went through the grocery store & bought just what I planned - walked past all the tempting yummy extras.

And I got 2 shirts, a skirt & a pair of pants for $60 today!!! The skirt is a couple sizes too small but for $7 I could hardly turn it down.
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote