Old 11-24-2007, 11:24 PM   #151  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Today, I realized that--wow--I look nothing like the girl on my driver's license! Well, okay...we look alike, but my face is much, much thinner.
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 11:56 PM   #152  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

I have been avoiding a certain pair of jeans in my closet, because they were always a bit too tight on me... but today, I decided, "what the heck, maybe they will fit!" and sure enough, they are even a tad loose. They are 18w, but I know it's definitely a vanity size, as that I generally wear between a 22 and a 24.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 12:25 AM   #153  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

I got some hand me downs from a friend tonight. Size 16's & 14's. The 16's fit great!!! The 14's are almost there. One of the 16's is a calving klein pair of jeans - definitely NOT a plus sized 16! Feels great too as I've been swimming in my plus 18's for a little while now so it'll be nice to have something that fits better again.
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 08:09 AM   #154  

My DH got home in the wee hours of the morning today (after being gone for almost 6 weeks) & when he came in he just kept saying over & over "You look so different". He was absolutely in awe. Said I look younger, that he couldn't get over how different I look. And he was only looking at my face - couldn't seem to get past it! LOL!!! It felt so great to have him home & to see his true surprise at my appearance!
Old 11-25-2007, 07:15 PM   #155  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

lifeguard
I bet that felt so great. Your hard work is paying off I hang my head in shame how lazy I am when I read your posts. I do two walking/aerobic videos a day and two firm ups. Upper body every other day. I do NOTHING like you do and since I am so lazy, I never will lol. I thought I was just top dog the other day because I did a 2 mile walking/aerobics video and wasn't tired in the least when it was over and could still breath lol.

rakel
Nice going. Always makes us feel good to see the hard work we are going thru is showing.

Cassie
Isn't that nice. Makes us feel good to see the difference.

Rose
That is wonderful. Congrats on doing something you have wanted to do and didn't think you would be able to. Ummmmmm I did a two mile walking video the other day and could still breath lolol does that count. lol

Cuter
That is so GREAT. Wish I remembered to measure. I never remember. Would be nice to know how much I have losts. CONGRATS

Last edited by Shy Moment; 11-26-2007 at 07:15 AM.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 09:50 PM   #156  

Shy - you are doing great. I am overly intense right now but as it is working for me I will continue with until it gets old. Thanks for all your encouragement.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:48 PM   #157  

Height: 5'8"

I am browsing (snooping? ) and your NSV's are very encouraging...all of them! Cassie noticed this week that her dl picture didn't look like her and I was reminded of a tip as we go through this weight loss process that I would like to share....

For those of us with a significant amount of weight loss it has been recommended that we take pictures of ourselves at regular intervals (say, 20-25 pound weight loss) so that we can see the results. Sounds like a good motivating tool to me!

Have a blessed evening!
Tonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 07:20 AM   #158  
Rennie

Tonia
When you see how well people are doing it makes you smile. It makes you understand the journey we are taking to a more healthy and thinner person doesn't always come easy. Some really work hard and others ( like myself ) are pretty much lazy bums and lose about 1lb a week and do very little but eat less to accomplish that lol ). Life, I think, could pick us all up with all those muscles of hers. Rose, could chases us down with little afford and take our candy bar. Good thing I am not much of a sweets person isn't it lol. Borntofly, could catch me before I even knew they were there lol. No reason to cheat around her she wouldn't let us lol. There is going to be nothing left of cuter soon, just going at it full force and really doing well. Dumplin is getting smaller everyday and just doing so good. I am so proud. Boaters, well just all around encouraging and doing well. Anyone else I didn't mention, you know who you are. I love to read your posts and see how well everyone is doing.

I try not to complain, well ok I do sometimes but I try not to lol. I do what I can with this knee and shoulder. I am getting there. Yes, it is slow but the weight is coming off. No skin that I don't want left hanging around so far and it is has been pretty easy to lose this weight. Never had to lose weight before so I thought it would be much harder than it has been. Each and every one of you lend encouragement from your posts. I really truly am proud of everyone and am so glad we all are here to make each other laugh, cry and see we aren't alone on the journey that would be a very hard thing to do all alone.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 02-12-2008 at 06:39 PM.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:58 PM   #159  

Once again I have no kitchen (thankfully this time is only for a short time but still...) & I ate off plan today - mainly in skipping meals. Plus I have a sore throat & my time of the month (with a vengeance). And I had to cancel my gym appointment to bring the dog to the vet.

But I went to the gym anyway.... and I had an awesome, hard workout!!!

As a bonus, I found I was cranky because I was late going & really wanted to get there. It's truly becoming a habit and something I NEED!
Old 11-26-2007, 09:12 PM   #160  
Rennie

Life
The body loves routine. I love routine. Love your body love me lol.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:30 PM   #161  
VSG'er 01/08/13

S/C/G: 339.95/220/190

Height: 5'10"

Sending a big over to Shy!

You are such an awesome cheerleader... Just when I am sitting here going "ACK! I feels like @$(&%(^&(@!" I read one of your posts.

1 lb a week is slow and steady. Truthfully that is why I prefer to lose then plateau for a bit... then repeat. It keeps it off longer!

Cuter w Curves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 04:10 PM   #162  
Rennie

life
I am getting ready to put a wood floor in my kitchen. Why the nuts that owned this house put carpet in the kitchen I will never know. Has taken me years but I have finaly saved up enough to get a wood floor. I am going to be without a stove and a fridge for probably a week while we put it in. lol I got a hot plate out of the camping stuff and that is what we are going to use. I will put the fridge in the dinning room and plug it in. No way am I going to let this get me off plan lol. I would rather be off plan because I win a life time supply of mountain dew hehehe.

The DOT can cause things to happen. I am not hungry AT ALL, making myself eat is harder than getting myself to go to the dentist. That one week a month, everyone around here decided to make sure I eat. They just don't understand I would rather cook THEM and they should leave me alone lol. Not really lol, I don't get pms. Just feel like I am dieing a little every min because I go so hard. I just want to be left alone because I have no energy to say no and that is when the kids ask if they can take a vacation with 4 friends to ny in my car with my bank card or something like that lol.

I do understand you wanting and needing to go to the gym. I never exercised for years. Now I do my walking videos. I really enjoy them. I hate when something comes up and I have to put off doing them. I do them at the same time everyday. Always feels so good when I have completed them. I feel like I have accomplished something that is fun and good for me.

Cuter
I have never been real big on caring what anyone thinks lol. Ok, I care what the in laws think to a point. I don't want the kids to think I am the wicked witch of the west. I really don't want the neighbors to think I eat small children. Although I would eat just about anything covered in open pit bbq sauce lol.

I DO CARE what people here think. Many of you have become friends. I like to make you all feel good. I love to give advice when I can. It makes me feel good when you notice I am alive. I am such a wall flower unless I am on my soap box about something. I tend to blend into the wood work. Might have to do with off the computer I am painfully shy. My husband laughs because weigh in day I run to the computer and post before I have even told him how much I have lost lol. YOU matter. You really do give me encouragement just by being here and letting me see I am not making this journey all alone. Husbands are ok but friends are priceless.

I have had a few people say if I worked harder at this weight loss thing I would lose more weight faster. I have heard I don't give it enough dedication. Well, that might be true but those very same people are the ones who have dieted all their lives and lost and gained enough weight to fill a tanker truck lol. I think slow and easy is a good way for me. So far, knock on wood, I have had a loss every weigh in. At least 1lb a week. I am not going to put this weight back on. I have changed how I eat and I enjoy the way I am eating now. It isn't a diet, it is just what I do. I don't think of it any other way. I enjoy the walking/aerobic videos I do and I don't have to leave the house lol. Ok, it isn't so fun my son telling me how people are going to see a video of me exercising on his my space. I will have to kill the child and their won't be a court in the land that will convict.

I do enjoy the new life I have, the new energy and the new respect I have for myself. I am doing what is good for me and I feel good doing it.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:07 PM   #163  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shy Moment View Post
=

I have had a few people say if I worked harder at this weight loss thing I would lose more weight faster. I have heard I don't give it enough dedication. Well, that might be true but those very same people are the ones who have dieted all their lives and lost and gained enough weight to fill a tanker truck lol. I think slow and easy is a good way for me. So far, knock on wood, I have had a loss every weigh in. At least 1lb a week. I am not going to put this weight back on. I have changed how I eat and I enjoy the way I am eating now. It isn't a diet, it is just what I do. I don't think of it any other way. I enjoy the walking/aerobic videos I do and I don't have to leave the house lol. Ok, it isn't so fun my son telling me how people are going to see a video of me exercising on his my space. I will have to kill the child and their won't be a court in the land that will convict.

I do enjoy the new life I have, the new energy and the new respect I have for myself. I am doing what is good for me and I feel good doing it.
You have gotten it right! It does not matter how slow the journey is - what matters is you are doing it & moving forward.

Today I got up early & went to the gym & worked out before our friends got here to help out on the renos 'cause I knew there wasn't a chance I would be able to go later in the day.

We got TONS done today & I feel like I can see light at the end of the reno tunnel - lol.

As well, even though the menu for everyone today was fast food I did awesome. They had McDonald's for breakfast - I hit the grocery store, they had subway for lunch - I had a salad, I had my protein shakes on schedule so I stayed on my eating schedule & yes I allowed myself to have veggie pizza with them for supper but I planned it into my diet for the week. I am making it work!!!
Old 11-27-2007, 09:11 PM   #164  

Oh & I almost forgot - Herbal Magic asked me to do a testimonial today!!! I'm not at my goal yet but as I am leaving the country & therefore finishing up with them - but it felt so great to be asked!
Old 11-27-2007, 10:14 PM   #165  
Rennie

Life
You are doing great and I am so proud of you. It isn't what every one else does. It is the choices we make for our selfs. I have found I have very little patients for peoples complaints about being fat or not being able to stick with it. Get off your darn bum and do a bit of exercise. Stop putting the fork to your mouth or stop complaining. I have just had it with peoples complaints lol.

Sorry I just needed to rant a bit. I am back to normal now lol.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 11-27-2007 at 10:21 PM.