Old 11-03-2007, 05:41 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 260.7/153/130

Height: Almost 5 foot 6

I have two but I don't care - today was a good day!

1. I ran 2.5 miles without stopping in 26 minutes - a personal best
2. I had to squeeze into them (but no buttons were flying around the place) but I got a pair of UK size 12 trousers on - I think the lady in the cubicle next to me wondered what was going on as I stood there exclaiming 'can't be right... musta sewn the wrong label in *mumbles*'

tomorrows weigh in - think i'm gonna maintain tbh (elusive 100lb mark! grr) but I don't mind... life is good
denialisnthappiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 10:02 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Congratulations to all the losers with NSV's so far! It's so wonderful to read the success stories. Makes me want to work harder myself.

I have 2. Yesterday I walked/ran for 65 minutes on the treadmill--the longest ever to date and the other, I actually put on, pulled up, zipped and buttoned a pair of size 16 pants!!! I am so thrilled.. it's been a good 3 years since I could do that!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 09:52 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

I finished off the week strong in regards to my diet. I had a big lapse on Thursday after an invasive ultrasound (we're having fertility issues & the testing apparently must go on!) & it ruined the rest of my day. But on Friday I discussed it with my trainer, wrote down every indiscretion (something I usually try to hide) & then resolved to have a good weekend. I stay right on track all weekend. And now ... it's a new week & I think I am on track to see a loss again!
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 09:46 AM   #19  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

It is the 5th day of the month which means measurement day for me. I just love doing this because it just "cements in" that I'm really shrinking and helps me not focus as much on the scale number.

Since 1-3-07, my measurements have changed as follows:
Waist: 6.25" gone
Hips: 6" gone
Legs (upper thigh): 6.75" gone
Legs 2" above knee: 4" on right and 4.5" left gone
Left arm 4" below shoulder: 3.25" gone
Right arm 4" below shoulder: 2.75" gone
Lower stomach (1" below naval): 7.5" gone
Bust: 7.75" gone

The total over-all-the-body inches lost to date: 48.75.

This is exciting to see!! The most surprising to me has been the stomach because it is one area I feel just isn't going down like I want it to...but then I see these numbers and see it is one of the fastest shrinking areas!! I guess I didn't realize how bad it was when I was at my biggest!

I'm on my way....................

Last edited by RitzyFritz; 11-05-2007 at 09:47 AM.
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 10:08 AM   #20  
VSG'er 01/08/13

S/C/G: 339.95/220/190

Height: 5'10"

Ok... So this may be a bit of TMI but it is kinda fun for me so:

All my life I have not been able to wear full briefs as they have too much "bum pocket" and it usually ends up bunching up to look like they are pleated. Pleated panties being as bad looking as it sounds... I have stuck to "high cut" panties when I could wear them and thongs.

Well... I am not quite back into high cuts but I noticed something woefully wrong with my thongs. The back 3x will now slide from the far side of one cheek to the other... And they were falling down.

I of course had to check that it wasn't just a pair that was all stretched out so I tried on a few other pairs in that size. They are all too big... In that saggy undies too big.

My undies fall off and I feel good!
Cuter w Curves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 11:24 AM   #21  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

I ran! Not much, ok, it was really a slow and steady jog, but I did it, for 1/2 mile. W00T!! I miss running so much and its really been bugging me. I had the kids trailing around behind me and just set the pace slow and steady, walked a 1/2 m before and a 1/2 m after. I feel great and the whole time I'm jogging, I can feel those "feel good" hormones kicking in. All last night I walked around, feeling incrediably sexy. Like 1/2 mile changed me so much, physically, right? But it changed me mentally, and I feel great.
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 02:21 PM   #22  

Height: 5'8

I got the results of my bloodwork back. While the cholesterol is still borderline high, it's 7 points lower total & 9 points lower in LDL (bad cholesterol) than it was last time. My dr. is encouraging me to keep up with the changes & we'll test again in 6 months (vs. going on medication for it). From the office visit, blood pressure had improved.
nylisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 05:54 PM   #23  

I had a couple today which is great since I was fully expecting today to be a bad day (I had a tubal patency test - ugh!).

I put on a new shirt this morning that I thought was an 18 but was actually a 16!! And it fits wonderfully - maybe even a little loose.

And today at the gym I think I finally perfected my squat technique!!!
Old 11-05-2007, 07:27 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Don't know how to describe this exactly, but noticed this morning that when I put my feet together, the only place my legs touch are at the knee. There's a big gap where my thighs used to scrunch into each other.

I admit, I spent half the day looking at it.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:01 AM   #25  

Ok, so the last several months I have been really committed to the gym. But just recently I've started getting comments all over the place about it. Unfortunately almost none about me looking better/leaner.

I've had my mother, my dh, & 3 friends tell me they are proud of me for my commitment which really feels great. And this morning another friend said "Wow - you're really getting hardcore - that's great!".

It's nice to have others notice how hard I am working.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:24 AM   #26  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

This morning I noticed ribs. They are difficult to see but they are starting to poke out. I even confirmed with DH and he could see them too.

Another NSV which is kind of annoying is for some time I have had trouble sleeping on my side in my usual position because my knee bones touch and it hurts. Basically my legs are shrinking, cushioning is leaving and I need to find new sleep positions because of it.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:51 AM   #27  
VSG'er 01/08/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie View Post
This morning I noticed ribs. They are difficult to see but they are starting to poke out. I even confirmed with DH and he could see them too.

Another NSV which is kind of annoying is for some time I have had trouble sleeping on my side in my usual position because my knee bones touch and it hurts. Basically my legs are shrinking, cushioning is leaving and I need to find new sleep positions because of it.
I've had that... try a flat pillow between your knees and thighs. It will actually make your back feel better in the morning too.

Now to find a solution to my hip not having enough padding.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:02 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie View Post
What is with that??? I find it hard to believe that skinny people have been sleeping in pain all this time. It's actually becoming a real issue for me.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:16 AM   #29  
VSG'er 01/08/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin41 View Post
What is with that??? I find it hard to believe that skinny people have been sleeping in pain all this time. It's actually becoming a real issue for me.
They don't... They buy things like these and say they are for a healthy back!

http://www.healthyback.com/products/...leg-spacer/104
Old 11-06-2007, 02:52 PM   #30  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile Here's Mine to Share

First of all, yours are all so good, some made me smile, some made me nod my head and some made me want to hug you. Thanks for sharing!

My recent NSV's:
1) I wore a pair of sandals I bought three years ago. First, I had to have my husband punch an extra hole in the strap so they wouldn't fall off and the bottom part of the sandal was still loose on me. That made me sad, sort of, because I wonder if I will be able to wear these after I have lost all the weight. Can sandals be taken in?
2) I have been getting a lot of appreciative smiles from people at church and at the grocery store we frequent. The manager at our neighborhood Blockbuster store opened her mouth and gasped when she saw me! I looked good that day! I know I did! I have a waist again. My DH says I am getting curves! I can wear clothes that show a figure instead of trying to hide under a big loose "whatever".
3) More lovemaking!
4) More stamina to do other things without moaning and groaning how hard it is! I never realized how much complaining I used to do.
5) More joy! Finally, I feel like I am on the right track with this after years of struggling with my weight.

Last edited by pamatga; 11-06-2007 at 02:54 PM.
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote