Old 11-22-2007, 09:28 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

It snowed a whole bunch today & as everything we own is on a boat to Costa Rica or in storage I have no shovel - lol. But I made myself go to the gym anyway & had a hard workout.
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 10:26 PM   #137  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Life
Sorry to hear that, what a pain. We have had snow a couple of days but not cold enough for it to stick yet.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 11:05 PM   #138  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Kind of a scale victory, kinda not, so here it is!

I started WW last year, about a year after my SIL started. She reached her goal earlier this summer and we've talked about it several times and she's been cheering me on, etc. While we were cleaning up MIL's kitchen after dinner today I casually mentioned to her that I was in my second week of the six weeks of maintenance that you have to do with WW to become lifetime. She threw her towel down and grabbed me for a fierce hug and told me how proud she was of me. Before I knew it we were both standing there in the kitchen crying and laughing together. Both of our lives have changed so much over the last year, and I'm every bit as proud of her as she is of me, but wow, what a moment! Tears running down our cheeks and laughing and holding on to that tight hug.....this was truly a heartwarming moment that I won't soon forget!

Last edited by boaterswife; 11-22-2007 at 11:06 PM.
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 12:26 AM   #139  
VSG'er 01/08/13

S/C/G: 339.95/220/190

Height: 5'10"

Boaterswife:

That is totally awesome for both of you... and totally sweet to read.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok... I have an odd one. It is not a scale issue but a measuring tape issue.

For me... I have lost some of some places and none off others but that is to be expected for me. I do however have a very strange measurement change:

My shoulders in Feb. 2006 were 56-57 inches around (yeah... I could have made a good linebacker!).

My shoulders as of today are 48.5 inches around!

I am down inches elsewhere too but this is the strangest one I think. I am almost rid of being the Fat-back of Notre Dame!
Cuter w Curves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 02:49 AM   #140  
beautiful on the inside:P

S/C/G: 119 (262) /107 (235) /60 (132)

Height: 5'6''

Way to go, Cute Sometimes I think losing fat in those unlikely (but irritating) places is more rewarding. Really, you are becoming a whole new you

My NSV felt like a real victory. It's Friday, it's cold and raining. I'm bored with eating healthily PLUS it's the end of the week. It took all my will power to decide to go home and eat food from the fridge, rather than go out for cocktails and appys. Also as my exercise regime, I walk home from work in the evenings, rather than take a bus. Today, since it was cold and rainy and I was already being such a good girl in going home, I thought "Forget it, I'll just grab the bus." Luckily, I was walking out the door with a dear friend of mine, who knows all about my regime. I told her my plans to forgo walking and basically she kicked my butt. So then I WALKED home as well. While I was walking I thought to myself "This isn't so bad, in fact I'm enjoying it. What was all my whining for!" So this was a big NSV for me! (and a big thank you to my friend Fiona,without whom I wouldn't have had it

Last edited by kasmin; 11-23-2007 at 02:50 AM.
kasmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 12:40 PM   #141  
Rennie

kas
Good for you. You enjoyed the walk, feel proud of yourself and have a friend supporting you. What a great day.

Cuter
Nice going. Isn't it great to lose in places we don't generally think about.

Boaterswife
I am so proud of you. You have made the goal and stayed with it. Has to make you feel like a million dollars. The support and heart felt caring that you share with your sil is something money can't buy.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:25 PM   #142  

Great work on reaching your goal Boaterswife!!!! That's awesome!

Today my nsv is that at the gym we determined my opening lift for deadlift for the competition in 2 weeks. I'm getting excited!
Old 11-23-2007, 05:19 PM   #143  
Kelly M

Wow....I just have to ask....am I the only dope who sits here reading the NSV's with tears streaming down my cheeks????

Cuter...aren't you just amazed every time you realize something like how the size of your shoulders has changed? We think about weight loss, but it changes our whole body, not just the butt!

Kasmin, take a moment to be proud of yourself...I'm proud of you! I don't know that the walk home in the damp and ick would have happened for me; shows real committment!

Shy, thanks for the encouragement! You are always so supportive of everyone on here, and it means so much!

Lifeguard I have to say that everytime I read one of your posts about lifting a certain amount I am amazed! I'm not sure how I lugged around the 100 pounds that's missing from my body, much less lifted more than twice that amount! You go girl!
Old 11-23-2007, 10:16 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

It was after 8pm, I was in my pj's, and it's freezing outside. I got a spurt of energy and said " I'm gonna go work out!!!" and I DID! 1.7 miles walked and some light weight lifting.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 10:42 PM   #145  

So I went outside this evening to shovel the driveway (something I super dislike doing). I needed to move the truck so I could shovel properly but the parking brake had seized so when I went to move it instead of doing what I wished it slid sideways & out into the road & then... well, then it would do nothing else. So I had to wait for my Mom and a friend to come by & help me get it unstuck.

So the nsv part is 2 part. One: shovelling was not as physically terrible as usual! Two: I didn't lose it. I was upset but I didn't let it ruin my night & I didn't shed a single tear - the clencher on this - I just got my period so normally I would have just broken apart.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:34 PM   #146  
Rennie

Life
Sometimes we just have to take the good with the bad. Some good came out of all this. You got some exercise and didn't explode over what could have made you very angry. That is great.

Borntofly
Sometimes exercise can be just what we want to do. Isn't that great.

boaterswife
You know I am going to ask Life over to my house to do the heavy lifting when I do spring cleaning lol. Thank you, I try to encourage everyone. Make me feel good.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:37 AM   #147  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shy Moment View Post
Life
Sometimes we just have to take the good with the bad. Some good came out of all this. You got some exercise and didn't explode over what could have made you very angry. That is great.

Borntofly
Sometimes exercise can be just what we want to do. Isn't that great.

boaterswife
You know I am going to ask Life over to my house to do the heavy lifting when I do spring cleaning lol. Thank you, I try to encourage everyone. Make me feel good.
LMAO!!! I'll be there!!!!

Thanks - I actually got my time of the month last night so I think that explains partly why I was feeling SO overwelmed by the situation.
Old 11-24-2007, 12:44 PM   #148  
VSG'er 01/08/13

S/C/G: 339.95/220/190

Height: 5'10"

hehe a fe2w of you commented on how nice it feels... Actually it feels great!

I got my hunny to do my measurements today and it is a total of 27 inches gone... Too bad it is not an even 27... But total is nice too!
Cuter w Curves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 03:51 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 233/188/130

Height: 5'6"

I know I'm pretty new and no one knows me yet, but I just have to share with somebody. Yesterday I ran five miles straight for the very first time. That has been my goal since I started running in August, when I could barely run 1/8th of a mile. I always thought I just wasn't built for running and would never be any good at it, so I'm really proud of myself. Now, even on my weakest days, I can run at least three miles.

Well. Onward to 10 miles straight!
Rosemund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 07:49 PM   #150  
Kelly M

Congratulations, Rosemund!! What an accomplishment! I ran once....a couple months ago....couldn't hardly walk for the next 3 days!! LOL, let's just say I went back to my norm of walking and using the elliptical!