Old 11-29-2007, 09:04 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Shy, my MIL and SIL are like the people you talk about. When I lost 30lbs. earlier this year they wouldn't say a word about it, stared at me up and down like I was a freak, and just got real snotty toward me. When I gained some of it back here lately they seem to be nicer to me again. Hubby has noticed it as well, so I know it isn't just in my head. It's hard to not feel hurt and rejected, but I have to take care of myself and not worry about them for now.

NSV: I was so very tired tonight and had myself all convinced to skip my JM workout...but, lying in bed early just had this nagging inside me that said "GET YOUR LAZY BUTT UP, you committed to this, now DO IT!" And I got up and did it. I just couldn't let myself down again. This is major step forward for me...I have never felt that guilt and anger at myself before, I would usually just give up.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 09:08 PM   #182  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Purple
Nice going. Sometimes we are the only ones that can kick us in the bum and get us going lol.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 03:34 PM   #183  

Height: 5'5"

Got great compliments at Thanksgiving. I saw a lot of relatives that I hadn't seen for some time - some knew I was losing, others didn't. So many told me how great I looked, and the word "skinny" was even thrown out there several times. I know it doesn't actually apply yet, but it felt good to hear it. Also - my daughter and husband both told me about several nice comments made when I was out of the room. I am fortunate to have such a supportive group of people, even if I don't see them often. (Although my mother-in-law told me that she had clothes that went up to size 14. She's a very tiny woman, so I expressed surprise that she had ever needed that size. She swore that she would never get that "huge" again. I know that she didn't realize I have a lot of size 14 pants that fit quite nicely when she said that. So, I'll take it as a compliment that she thought I looked too thin to wear size 14.)
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 07:26 PM   #184  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Lauriedawn
Sometimes we have to take what people say how they mean it, not how they say it lol. Yes, she thought you were much to small to wear that size.

I am wearing a pair of 16's today that I haven't been able to wear for at least 4 years. They are not in the least tight either. I am so proud.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 11-30-2007 at 07:37 PM.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote