Old 11-09-2007, 11:56 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Lifeguard, your posts are very motivating to me. I have not looked in the mirror and liked myself in a long time. That is one thing that has kept me going for over a year now trying. I like hearing that you are on the other side of things.

Oh, and not being the biggest woman in the room...fabulous! My goal is to not be the "fat mom" at preschool functions with my son.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 01:08 PM   #47  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Glad everyone is doing so well. I had a man ask me what I was doing for the rest of my life lol. I said cleaning toilets and taking care of my kids, how about you. lol

I am having a great day. I looked in the mirror and that roll on my back/side is 99% gone. I looked at my face and I am looking like my old self again. I looked in the full length mirror and darn if I don't look different. Not sure why it took me so long to see what everyone has been seeing but it is sure nice to see it now.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 02:05 PM   #48  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyDM View Post
Hi y'all. Anyone remember me? It's been over a month since I posted here. Sadly, in that month in addition to not posting, I also didn't do the other things I know I need to do in order to drop this excess weight. My sig still says 283, but I don't that's accurate anymore. I know it's more, but I have avoided the scale as well. But, the reason I chose to post here on the NSV thread is because my NSV for today is the fact that I have decided to pull myself up by the bootstraps and start again. I know I haven't undone all the good I did before, but if I don't nip it in the bud now, I'll end up where I was before....if not weighing more. So, my NSV is deciding (again) to DO THIS.
Christine - So glad to have you back! You've been missed. I can't wait to hear about your successes again!
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 04:17 PM   #49  
Rennie

I know this is non scale victors but it kind of ties in with the exercise I have been doing. I started about 3 months ago doing a video every day. Took a month to be able to do the thing all the way thru without having to hit pause. I was sick and the lungs just weren't ready for it.

Anyway, finaly was able to do the video all the way thru. I felt good about myself for sticking to it and felt good in the body because it was up and moving. I have added another video. My goal was to do one of the videos every day switching between them. Most days I do both of them one in the evening and one in the morning unless it is a high shopping day or a weekend I won't be home ( started doing both videos on the 1 ST ). I have had to be at the docs office three times this week because of paper work. My official weigh in isn't until next Wednesday because I don't do a weigh in a few days before my dot starts or the week basically of my dot. Well today is the third time I have been weighed this week, might as well since I was already there lol. I have in the last 2 weeks lost 4lbs. WOW the exercise is finaly paying off. I generally only lose 1lb a week.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 11-09-2007 at 04:24 PM.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:28 PM   #50  

Good job with the exercise, shy! I think building up your lungs and strength to do that all the way through, and adding another video as well, is a non scale victory. It is a step forward to a healthier you!
Old 11-09-2007, 04:34 PM   #51  

Hubby is home and this is when I always get way, way off track...but my NSV for today is that I was planning on making baked chicken and steamed veggies for supper, but he came out and said he wants fish...this is fish from a local place that is so soaked with grease you smell it in the air when you drive down that street, it's horrible! I usually get pizza or chinese when he gets that, and I was tempted, but I told myself NO! You don't even want that, why do that to yourself?

So...hubby is off to get his fish and the kids and I will be eating chicken and veggies as planned. I think it feels better that I passed it up, then eating it would have seemed...and I always feel sick after I eat that junk anyway and then would pass out on the couch all evening with no energy. I can now eat my chicken and get my workout in tonight...just as I would do when he's not here.

Why should I let him throw me off just because he is so unhealthy? I refuse to do it anymore...he doens't care if I eat what he eats, so why do I make myself do it?
Old 11-09-2007, 04:40 PM   #52  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

My NSV is that I am still here! Still trying! Still making progress, even though maybe a little slow.
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 05:11 PM   #53  
Rennie

Oh I hate when I make a post and it isn't there or I edit a post and it is gone lol.

Ritzy
Congrats on just being here. It says something about us when we keep trying. The choices we are making to a more healthy thinner us isn't always easy. We don't have Mommy or Daddy to tell us what to eat, when to sleep or to exercise. It can be difficult. Just trying and keeping at it shows each and every one of us are winners.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:13 PM   #54  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shy Moment View Post
Oh I hate when I make a post and it isn't there or I edit a post and it is gone lol.

Ritzy
Congrats on just being here. It says something about us when we keep trying. The choices we are making to a more healthy thinner us isn't always easy. We don't have Mommy or Daddy to tell us what to eat, when to sleep or to exercise. It can be difficult. Just trying and keeping at it shows each and every one of us are winners.
You are so right!! I have said that very thing about going to church - I'm a big girl, mom and dad don't make me go but I go because I want to. Never stopped to think about it in this arena, but you are SO right! Great point!
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 11:35 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

Purplefirefly - thank you for the compliment. You'll get there yourself!!!

Today I saw a friend I haven't seen in awhile who gave me a very appreciating up & down & went on about how good I looked. It felt kind of good to have someone really look me up & down like what they saw.

I ate very well today all day even though my schedule was quite off.

And...

drumroll please....

today at the gym I did my first ever max lift workout....

and I deadlifted 285lbs!!!!! I am amazed with myself - that's a big number - so big I weighed it myself not long ago - lol!!!
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 11:28 AM   #56  
Rennie

Lifeguard
Way to go. I can dead lift oh 3lbs lol.

I am excited. I tried on my white jeans last week and they were tighter around the waist than I like. Put them on today and they are just a bit lose around the waist .

Ritzy
I never even thought about the church thing lol. I go because I love it.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:08 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

I went outside and raked leaves today for the first time in a couple of years. I have avoided it because I remember how painful it was, how very HARD, how I was just dying after 5 minutes, couldnt breathe, heart thumping, feeling sick.

Guess what, raking leaves is not hard. I had a nice time, raked 5 huge bags and it felt GOOD. Big change...
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 05:19 PM   #58  
Rennie

Nice going. Isn't it great when we can do something we couldn't do before.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:02 PM   #59  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

For some reason, I decided to try on clothes today while I was at Wal-Mart.
I had the nerve to get a pair of size 18 jeans off the rack (I have NEVER been able to wear an 18!), and I took it, along with some shirts that were 16/18 W to the dressing room.......

THEY FIT.

The pants gave me a bit of a muffin top, so I didn't buy them, but I'm thinking 10 more lbs or so, and I'll be able to wear size 18 pants! The shirt, which is a size 16W FIT me, and I liked it so well that I bought it!
I can't believe it! Not long ago, I couldn't buy clothes AT ALL at Wal-Mart. They didn't have anything to fit me!

Last edited by Cassie501107; 11-11-2007 at 12:45 PM.
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 08:59 AM   #60  

Go Cassie That is amazing feeling when things start to fit...I am aiming for an 18 right now as well, you give me hope

My NSV for today is that I got out of bed to exercise earlier than my husband. This is big because normally I will lay there until he gets up, just to cuddle and he realy sleeps in late.

Last edited by Purplefirefly; 11-11-2007 at 09:00 AM.