Old 11-13-2007, 01:02 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

I just got home from the gym. 30min on the tread & 10min on the stepper. But the nsv part is that I really wanted to crawl into bed & have a nap but instead I went to the gym!!!
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 01:03 PM   #77  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

daimere
That is wonderful. Doesn't it make you feel so good.

I went thru my closet last night to see if there was anything else I could get into now. I found 5 pairs of pants that are now to big that I didn't even get to wear lol. 6 pair of pants I can get into, 3 of them fit really nice and 2 pair that are almost to big and one pair that I have a muffin top when I wear them so they were put back in the closet. I am not going to wear pants that I have that muffin top, they will wait until I lose a bit more weight. I was so proud of myself.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 02:07 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

I wanted to be lazy and hang out on the couch all morning while the kids were in school...but I cleaned the house and put in 45 minutes of exercise instead. I took my son to McDs after preschool to have a little play date with some of his friends, and as planned I got a salad with grilled chicken, vinegarette dressing...I almost had myself convinced to get a chicken sandwhich to go because I really was hungry still, but saw my reflection in the door as we walked back in from the playground and instantly decided NOT to do it! I came home and had a nonfat yogurt instead, which made me feel better all around.

I"m starting to feel like I can actually do this. I do have the strength within me afterall...I always felt I am just too weak natured to accomplish much.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 03:06 PM   #79  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

someone brought in "tim bits" today - if you're not canadian, eh, they're round donut holes in different flavours -- i picked out the "plain" one and sat it on my desk with my coffe while I went online and check out the nutrition info and holy CRAP that tiny little thing was NINETY that's 90 calories!!! UMMMM NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo thank you - - so i tossed it and just had the coffee.......and lived! hahahaha
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 05:21 PM   #80  
Rennie

Trazey
GOOD FOR YOU. It is hard isn't it lol. I have done that a few times. We were going to Damon's for dinner. I LOVE bbq ribs. I figured out how much fat was in them NO THANK YOU. I chose something else. I can make bbq ribs without all that fat. It was hard but I made the right decision. I felt so good about myself.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:39 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

I put on a size 22 new jeans and top today (down from tight 26) and went shopping. When I walked up to the glass doors, my reflection did not look morbidly obese anymore. I don't look horrible anymore, just fat. LOL
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 05:50 PM   #82  
Focus

S/C/G: 296/ticker/199/

Height: 5'4

We went to Golden Coral yesterday for Sunday dinner.They, I remind you have a buffet ALL YOU CAN EAT wooooooooooow I was put to the test, but I proudly had grilled chicken,vegetables,sugar-free dessert and none of those BIG HOME-MADE from scratch yeast rolls!!!
Dumplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 05:55 PM   #83  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Thumbs up Congratulations on Buffet success

Congratulations on Buffet success, Dumplin,

All you can eat buffets are hard for me. You did good.

Old 11-13-2007, 06:15 PM   #84  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shy Moment View Post
Trazey
GOOD FOR YOU. It is hard isn't it lol. I have done that a few times. We were going to Damon's for dinner. I LOVE bbq ribs. I figured out how much fat was in them NO THANK YOU. I chose something else. I can make bbq ribs without all that fat. It was hard but I made the right decision. I felt so good about myself.
that's it exactly -- something comes across my eyesight and i want it so bad, but now i can think about for a second and maybe make a better choice and feel good about it -- that choice made me happier than any crappy donut hole LOL the moment fades and you forget you even wanted it -- this growing up at age 40 rocks Good for you for not taking the bait of those yummy ribs!

Last edited by Trazey34; 11-13-2007 at 06:16 PM.
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 06:45 PM   #85  
Rennie

Lyn
Glad you feel better about yourself. It is so nice when we notice the changes we have been hopping for.

Dumplin
Nice going, those places can be wonderful depending what they have to offer. You did great.

Purple
WONDERFUL, that is when we see there is more to us than the extra weight. We are stronger than we think and we are finding that out.

My husband made me feel so good the other day. I was looking at fit day and deciding what we were going to have for dinner. I thought about this and said out loud no because I want to have something else later and I won't be able to if I eat that. I thought about something else and said naaaa I want a ton of green olives later so I better pick something else for dinner. On and on I went until I decided what we were having for dinner and what I was going to have for my snack lol. He said, "You know. I was a bit worried when you started to eat like you are. I was afraid you would start to feel like you were doing without. I find you amazing. You don't say I can't have this. You say I don't want that because if I have that instead I can have that too. You don't see what you can't have or don't let yourself have. You see what you can have and what you let yourself have." I just smiled at him and said. " I am a big girl, I can have anything I want. What I let myself eat and what I can have are two different things. If I want something high in fat or carbs later for the evening. I make something lower in fat or carbs for dinner. It is fun to me, mixing and matching to come up with what I want to eat.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 11-13-2007 at 07:04 PM.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:45 PM   #86  
Method to the Madness

S/C/G: 381.4/in the middle/160

Height: 5'9

Tonight I went to Old Navy to look for some waffle-knit shirts to go under some sweaters, fully expecting everything to be way too small because they phased out the plus sizes and now only have XS-XXL. Well, I went in and started holding stuff up to me... as quickly as possible in case I was way off base, considering I felt like the fat girl in the thin girl sized store, and everything fit! I ended up with 2 sweaters and 3 waffle-knit shirts in a REGULAR XXL (as opposed to women's 2X)... I was so happy! I can now shop at least at Old Navy for clothes, even though they're not my favorite... it means my choices are expanding.
LindseyLouWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 02:14 AM   #87  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

I have a few things. One, the other day I was in the Publix I used to work at and my cashier was a former colleague. She noticed right away that I lost weight. I've seen a few other people lately that I haven't seen in awhile and they've all noticed, and it's a great feeling, I tell you! I'm looking forward to my wedding and seeing everybody's reaction!

Also, today I was doing some exercises with my free weights, and decided to pick up as many weights as pounds I've lost and walk around... and I was surprised as to how HEAVY it was! 27lbs doesn't seem as heavy when you look at it on the computer screen or verbally, but when it is quantized into actual weight, man it's dramatic! I was having a hard time carrying it around!

I've been in a little slump lately and haven't lost anything. I'm still trying to make my goal of 260 by the end of the year, which I could do if I lose 10lbs in November and 10lbs in December. I just need to get my butt in gear. Today and yesterday I did my workouts. Food wasn't 100% on plan, but I have stayed close enough that it shouldn't be a hinderance. Here's to hoping that I get to the 270's soon!!
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 03:19 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 260.7/153/130

Height: Almost 5 foot 6

3 miles = 33 minutes

First time since I started in the summer that I've been able to run my entire 'route'

Feeling fabulous is an understatement!
denialisnthappiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 09:27 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

I've had a couple NSVs this week:
I noticed the pants I bought for work last month are now getting too baggy.
I went to get my hair done on Sunday, and I haven't seen my stylist in months. She noticed right away that I'd lost a lot of weight.
I have kept myself off the scale all week. If I can just hold out until Saturday now!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 09:41 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Well, I'm 30 today. I haven't completed a lot of the life goals I had for this point in my life but that's ok. I am however very happy with where I am in regards to my depression & weight so I'll take that as a nsv today!
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote