Old 11-06-2007, 05:00 PM   #31  
Focus

S/C/G: 296/ticker/199/

Height: 5'4

I am wearing my favorite pair or Levi boot cut jeans size 22 . They are not as tight as they were. I am also looking forword to getting a size 20 for Christmas !!!
Dumplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:17 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

My gym is in the basement of a hotel. Today without even thinking about it I ran up the stairs on my way out. Ain't no way I could've/would've ran up those stairs after a workout before.
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:56 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 304/280/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi y'all. Anyone remember me? It's been over a month since I posted here. Sadly, in that month in addition to not posting, I also didn't do the other things I know I need to do in order to drop this excess weight. My sig still says 283, but I don't that's accurate anymore. I know it's more, but I have avoided the scale as well. But, the reason I chose to post here on the NSV thread is because my NSV for today is the fact that I have decided to pull myself up by the bootstraps and start again. I know I haven't undone all the good I did before, but if I don't nip it in the bud now, I'll end up where I was before....if not weighing more. So, my NSV is deciding (again) to DO THIS.
ChristyDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 04:05 PM   #34  
baby steps

S/C/G: 285/285/healthy!

I was finally able to wear my grandmother's pearls last night on my date! I've never been able to wear them before, because my neck was too big. They actually fit nicely last night, and I got a compliment on them!
xtrisaratops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 04:13 PM   #35  

Well today when I was working out doing medicine ball twists my wedding rings went flying off my finger & onto the floor. I had to stop I was laughing so hard. My trainer was like "What happened" & all I could say was "it fell off!".

So on the way home I dropped it off to be resized - down a whole size. I also had the jeweller take a link out of my watch as it has been driving me a little crazy too.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:12 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 260.7/153/130

Height: Almost 5 foot 6

2.7 miles in 30 mins exactly

Shooting for a sub 30 5k by end of 2007
denialisnthappiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 05:27 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

I have a "TMI" NSV...
For almost 10 years my periods have been 36-38 days long and accompanied by SEVERE PMS. I mean bad... nausea, headaches, MAJOR grouchiness and irritability, crying at the drop of a hat, arguing and being angry, BAD cramps, depression. BAD. Did I say bad?

Well, last month it was 34 days. hmmm. This month it was 28 days!!!! Just like when I was thin and healthy. 28 days... and NO PMS whatsoever!!!! I mean maybe a LITTLE feeling emotional a few days ago and a bit of cramps but NOTHING like before. Wow, I am amazed.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 05:31 PM   #38  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Christie
That is great. Welcome back. Sometimes the best nsv we have is looking at our selfs and saying " ok now is the time".

Lifeguard
That is great. I have to have mine resized again. I had it made bigger twice. I have already had it made smaller once. Going to take it in this weekend. One more time after this and it will be back to its original size lol 4 3/4.

trisar
I haven't been able to wear mine ( my great grandmothers ) for a few years. Can't wait until they fit like they use to. congrats

Dumplin
Congrats and way to go. Just think this summer you will be needing all new clothes

Pama
All of us find there are things we could do that we had a hard time doing before. We feel so much better about our selfs and it shows in our faces. You keep going. You had to feel so good about yourself and I bet that smile of yours shows up more too.

Cuter
I have had something like this for years. Before they came out i had a rolled towel between my legs. My problem is I sleep on my tummy for awhile and then my back and then finaly my side lol.

nylisa
That is wonderful. Nothing happens all at once. Give it time. You will find you feel better and your body is more healthy. Can't wait to hear what you next work up says.

If I missed anyone I am sorry. I am so proud of everyone. We come here strangers. We chat, we share and we become friends. I am so happy for each and everyone of you.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 05:57 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4

I didn't have to stretch out my shirt a little to hide my tummy flab
althepirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 09:25 PM   #40  
Rennie

althepirate
Thing like that show us we are getting somewhere.

Says I have to get down to 123 to have the highest normal BMI. But then, many are saying BMI isn't really the beat all end all to tell if you are healthy. So it is a nice thing to look at to see I am moving ahead but I am not that worried about it.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:23 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

My first NSV here...is that I came back to this site after a year absence, admitting that I cannot do this alone This year has been crazy, just barely maintaining the 30 lbs. I originally lost through a group on this board (no longer here sadly) and then it started to creep back over the past couple months. I just need to hear from others because I have NO ONE in my daily life that is supportive...they are mostly sabotagers, actually.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 10:39 PM   #42  
Rennie

Purplefirefly
You have us. Sometimes that is more than you can stand I am sure lol. Glad you are back and that you feel we can help. Seems you are doing pretty good just need to get back on the road you were once on. Please keep posting and let us know how it is going.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:40 PM   #43  

I had a good day. This morning a friend (who I see all the time) said "wow, you really are looking great - I guess I haven't really Looked at you lately". That felt great, especially as this is the same friend who once said to me that she doesn't notice these things.

Then, I was at storytime with said friend's little girl (I was babysitting) & I realized I was not the biggest woman in the room!!! Woohoo!!!

This evening I went to a movie & in the bathroom afterwards looking in the mirror with several other women around I realized I looked pretty normal. Not huge!

It feels so good to finally be liking myself again.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:04 AM   #44  
Smoochie's Girl

S/C/G: 262/170/140

Height: 5'8"

I got asked out on a date at work!! I said "sure, if I can bring my husband along!!"

PS. My face got really, really red....
Janny O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 11:19 AM   #45  

I just got off the phone with someone who called to say "So, I here you've lost a lot of weight & look fantastic!"

Wow - people are talking about me in a good way - woohoo!