UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 09:53 AM   #151  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinNJ View Post
Morning girls.. I hate the cold! Hate the wind! Am a grumpy sod at the moment...
Go on Chris get on the scales.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:54 AM   #152  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

I did. I'm UP two pounds....but at least this extra flab keeps me warm
Old 02-09-2007, 09:56 AM   #153  
One pound at a time.

Quote:
I did. I'm UP two pounds....but at least this extra flab keeps me warm
What was that word you said yesterday? We need a what?

Cos we do.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:58 AM   #154  
Slow and steady

a lobotomy?

Liposuction?

A good ?
Old 02-09-2007, 09:59 AM   #155  
Slow and steady

I know what I said.....

A LIFE!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-09-2007, 09:59 AM   #156  
One pound at a time.

Quote:
a lobotomy?

Liposuction?

A good ?
No that wasn't it but they're all good.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:04 AM   #157  
A Mighty Thump

Height: 5 feet 4 inches!

Morning

I need a . I hit a deer on the way to the gym this morning at 5.15 am. Didn't even see it till the last minute, it was dark, the stupid bloody thing was stood right in the middle of the road on a bend so as I rounded the bend, it happened. It was awful. I hit it broadside, my left lights are gone, the grill is gone, the radiator gone, the hood and left fender damaged. I'm ok, no damage just extremely shook up. I've never hit an animal before.

The car is in the tow yard, insurance company have been called and told me that it's a no fault which I think is a good thing? I'm waiting to hear from an assessor to go look at the car. I called a friend who let me get ready at her house and use her spare car. I also have to pick my husband up from the airport tomorrow, he's not going to be happy when he's greeted with "hey baby, missed you, the car is totalled".

I still feel very shaken up and I'm pissed because I missed the gym and today was my first day doing squats with the bar.

I want to go home and crawl into bed and stay there.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:11 AM   #158  
One pound at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynneA View Post
Morning

I need a . I hit a deer on the way to the gym this morning at 5.15 am. Didn't even see it till the last minute, it was dark, the stupid bloody thing was stood right in the middle of the road on a bend so as I rounded the bend, it happened. It was awful. I hit it broadside, my left lights are gone, the grill is gone, the radiator gone, the hood and left fender damaged. I'm ok, no damage just extremely shook up. I've never hit an animal before.

The car is in the tow yard, insurance company have been called and told me that it's a no fault which I think is a good thing? I'm waiting to hear from an assessor to go look at the car. I called a friend who let me get ready at her house and use her spare car. I also have to pick my husband up from the airport tomorrow, he's not going to be happy when he's greeted with "hey baby, missed you, the car is totalled".

I still feel very shaken up and I'm pissed because I missed the gym and today was my first day doing squats with the bar.

I want to go home and crawl into bed and stay there.
Lynne what a fright. You were not hurt that's the main thing. Take it easy today.I'm sure your husband will be glad to see you in one piece.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:18 PM   #159  

Awww hugs to you. I still remember our near miss with a horse on Christmas night. Thank god my brother was driving and not my aunt or the horse would have been minced meat! Either I have had no life at all or it is not true about your life flashing past before your eyes. Hmmm
Old 02-09-2007, 01:39 PM   #160  
A Mighty Thump

Thanks for the hugs girls. Well, the insurance company has already had their assessor out to see the car, I went to meet him, nice chap. He estimated the cost to repair the damage to be $3709 which insurance will cover, however we do have a heavy deductible of $500 to pay but I'd rather pay that than the full amount. The car will be in the bodyshop this afternoon so hopefully next week I will have my little car back. Guess where this quarter's bonus is going towards?

The left side of my back has started to hurt right about where my kidney's are. I'm not sure if it's connected to the accident or not, it shouldn't be I was wearing my seatbelt and managed to brake a little, the airbag didn't even deploy. Going to see how it goes over the weekend before seeing a doctor.

To add more fun to the mix, we're having sleet and icy roads here in Huntsville today. People in the south can't drive the best of times, add treacherous weather and it's super bad on the roads. I'm leaving work at 4 though and going straight home, making sure I drive super careful.

Peacock - a narrow miss with a horse? Blimey, that would have been really bad. Glad you missed it.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:34 PM   #161  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Oh, Lynne, how AWFUL! That sort of thing really shakes you up. BIG We get deer in the roads around here and they are almost invisible in the dawn and dusk.

Crikey - 500 dollars is a BIG deductible!
Old 02-09-2007, 02:35 PM   #162  
Consistency + Balance

Quote:
A LIFE!!!!!!!!!
I know what you mean!
Old 02-09-2007, 02:38 PM   #163  
Consistency + Balance

D'you remember that thing I was going on about recently - about an armed robbery???? Well, yesterday, thankfully NOT during one of my shifts, the PO where I worked was scammed out of £500 - big coincidence! My new boss says she's going to pay more attention when I get an attack of the Twilight Zone Tingles.
Old 02-09-2007, 03:12 PM   #164  
A Mighty Thump

Careful there Sarah, you be putting our Derek (Acora) out of a job soon .

Thanks for the hug, I can't wait till hometime I feel drained. Bath and bed tonight for me.
Old 02-09-2007, 04:00 PM   #165  
Slow and steady

for Lynne.... I hit a deer a few years back in NJ... scared the sh** out of me, I was taking hubs to the ER with chest pains, and after hitting the deer (night time and it took out the drivers side light) I didn't want to drive, but hubs insisted that he was still having chest pains and would really like to get to ER. I was so worried about the poor BIG deer though, it ran over the field with it's mates, but I wanted to be sure it was ok and got to deer hospital or something... hubs was not amused!

Don't worry about the car and hubs, it'll all work out fine...500 bucks is the usual deductable over here....sad to say, we don't even blink an eye over that, as it's usually a fortune to get the car repaired so the 500 is like pennies...although I'd prefer them in my pocket and my car not in bits.

sarah... spooky about the PO...they'd better listen to you in future.

Peacock, a run in with a horse, that could have been well nasty.

Jen and helen, hope you're enjoying your new coloured thingies, Hannah has a green one, we got it for her birthday, she loves it... if she could have a mobile phone that colour as well, she'd be a happy camper... the girl loves green!

I'm still cold, and grumpy, the wind is howling and I don't want to go out and get wood...if I leave it long enough, Dave will go out when he's had his little nap

Hope everyone has a nice weekend... mine will be as boring as ever apart from my chat with Mum...and trying to see if we can come up with a stratergy to get Hannah sorted... she's still breaking down and still out of school...got the absence letter today....but she's covered cos we've already dealt with that area...bless her.
Closed Thread