UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 09:20 AM   #181  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Hello everyone. My parents are here, so not too much time for posting. We went to see my grandparents yesterday for most of the day, eating wasn't too bad (partly because I took my own main course, and we were in charge of vegetables so I made sure there were some of those I liked too). No running yesterday though, with the snow and the remnants of the bug and my mother putting my running stuff in the washing machine just as I was about to put it on.

I did get out this morning though and I managed 14.25 miles, which makes me feel better about the lovely greek I've just had. I love that place and don't need much of an excuse to go there.

I get the place back to myself tomorrow so I should hopefully get back into my routine, although I'm away next weekend so I don't think the routine will last too long.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:11 AM   #182  

I'M GOING RUNNING OUTSIDE RIGHT NOW!!! I'm so excited, it's been a week and a half. The end of this coming week doesn't look great so I'm hoping to just be able to get a couple of days in. Hoping for 7 miles we'll see.

Went out for chinese last night, didn't eat horribly but I feel like I've had a salt lick, I've had so much water today.

OK off I go...so excited.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:57 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Hello everyone

Had a really good night last night only had the one vodka then stayed on diet coke.

Today two of my friends and I walked Ken for miles.

I am going back to using Zoivirax that new Fentisil cream is useless. I havent even had a tingle with these ones I literally woke with them what a complete bugger that is.

I've been a greedy girl today eaten a cream egg two packets of crisps and some other bits of junk. I shall be giving up choccy cake and biccys for Lent again this year. Lets hope that husband of mine doesn't eat my choccy that I will have Easter Sunday as he did last year. I almost divorced him over it.

Just about to pop to my friend's to get her to sign my little fella's passport she is a civil servant so she can do it which is handy.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend

Michele
Old 02-11-2007, 05:40 PM   #184  
Paint The World P!nk

S/C/G: 323.5/262/140

Height: 5'9"

I DID IT!

BOOYAH!

2 and a half pound loss! I am now just half a pound from my 4 stone!
Old 02-11-2007, 06:46 PM   #185  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homersmummy View Post
I DID IT!

BOOYAH!

2 and a half pound loss! I am now just half a pound from my 4 stone!

:congratulations: HM... see how well you're doing

RSG..hope you enjoyed your run, it was nicer out today...

Michelle, sounds like a good night...
Old 02-12-2007, 04:08 AM   #186  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

For Lynne and Sarah

Well done HM

I did my 10k in the usual time, which was cool since I walked about half of it and felt like giving up at about 2k from the end and was annoyed at myself for not training, then I go and finish in the usual time! My right knee is grumbling at me though I'm sure it'll be ok, but I think I need new running shoes! more expense!

On Sat afternoon DH and I hired a Strida bike and had fun taking it round on the bus and the tube and riding it all over the place. We were thinking about getting one but it turns out that the folding handlebars and the folding pedals cost extra and put the cost of a completely folding bike up to £330 which was a bit more than the £230 we originally thought it was going to be.

I'm a bit peeved since I was down a pound on Friday and Sat but then I got the munchies on Friday night and ended up a little bit over calories. I had Chinese on Sat night and was ok with that - I had chicken and cashews which was probably fairly healthy, some Singapore noodles and an ice cream to finish off. I was pretty restrained. Then yesterday we met up with a friend and went to Pret for lunch, DH and I shared a hummous sandwich and a mozzarella salad - not enough protein for me, so I ended up with the munchies. Oh I also scoffed one of those Pret Love bars. They are delicious and EVIL! They're kinda shortbread with oats on the bottom, then caramel then pistachios, chocolate and pumpkin seeds stuck in the caramel About 340kcals in the whole lot! Went home and had egg on toast, then I offered to bake cheesy rock buns for tea so we had them with half rye flour (they are GOOD with that ) and I ended up eating about half the dates and pecans left in the cupboard and just about anything else I could lay my hands on while they were cooking I also munched the rest of my Jelly Belly beans and then had a big bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes just before bed Then of course the scales are up 2lbs this morning HUFF! It's my own fault but REALLY! Gah! I guess I should've counted properly yesterday and made sure I had a chicken sandwich or something for lunch. Oh well, today is a new day. At least I did some exercise since I got my rollerblades on for about 15 minutes! Then I was bike-riding for a while too. I hope that 2lbs is just water. I was really pleased with being 12:5.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:27 AM   #187  
aka Superwoman!

YES YES YES!!!!!!!!

Lee's just rung and offered to take my class tonight! WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO! I'm officially spoilt!

I wasn't bothered about going or not but my knee is playing up a bit so I'd rather sit at home with my feet up than twist around showing kicks

yay
Old 02-12-2007, 07:39 AM   #188  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Hello everyone

Well it's my day off butttttttttttt I have already been to the gym. Their scales are still showing me to be 60kg which I think is about just over nine stone 7lbs. My own still make me heavier.

Chris my night was great and when I got to my friend's house I rounded the evening off with a Kitkat. Still no junk today just had two slices of toast no eggs in the house so had Lurpak instead oh it was yummy.

I have a pile of stuff to do but can I move myself no I cannot.

The house is quiet one son is out other son festering in his room reading a book about Che Guvara no idea how you spell it.

Right I must go and get in the bath.

Michele

p.s. Well done homersmummy that is just brilliant keep at it xxx
Old 02-12-2007, 09:23 AM   #189  
A Mighty Thump

Height: 5 feet 4 inches!

Morning .

Frus, resting that knee is probably wise.

HM grats on the loss!

Michelle good on you going to the gym on your day off.

DH is back home, he was catatonic yesterday due to jetlag/lack of sleep. He did manage to give me a big hug at the airport over the deer/car mess. Lucky bugger has today and tomorrow off work to get back on US time.

I had a great workout this morning, did more deadlifts! One of the staff at the gym was spotting me (I just want to get the form right) and he said I should think about adding some weights next week because I was making it look easy! Made me feel pretty good. My arms are dead weights though, washing and drying my hair was an adventure.

Frus cheesy rock buns sound fantastic, would you care to post the recipe?

Monday, bleah!
Old 02-12-2007, 09:26 AM   #190  
aka Superwoman!

Cheesy rock buns are

Ok, I think it was 8oz flour, 2oz marg, rub together. Then an egg and milk to mix. I used half rye flour and half SR flour. You'll need to use a fair bit of baking powder if you use rye, I think I put about 2 tsp in.

Then cube up some cheddar and mix in to the dough. Dump onto tray and bake at 180C (fan) for about 10-15 mins. You can sprinkle with paprika if you like

But they ARE EVIL!
Old 02-12-2007, 09:57 AM   #191  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Hi, Everyone!

I finally got my uniform today - it definitely fits a bit snuggly - hopefully it'll give me incentive to stick with my diet in the evenings.
Lynne - Well done on your lifting!!!! I'm so glad your husband was okay about the deer/car thing. My ex was the sort that would have flown off the handle about it. (Actually.... he flew off the handle about EVERYTHING - which is why he's my ex!!!!! )

Frus - Poor you on the knee thing! Good idea to rest it - have you been following the Adventures of Diet Girl's blog - she's got knee trouble and its been going on for months and months because she didn't rest it.
Those cheese rockcakes look yummy. I've not thought of using rye flour for that kind of thing - I've got some in the cupboard......

Michele - WHY do I always fancy egg on toast after reading your posts??? I can go for ages without the eggy urge but as soon as you mention eggs and toast in the same sentance I just HAVE to have some.

We had some people over for dinner last night - I made up a gorgeous vegie bake thing (see recipe thread) - totally healthy and delicious - and then completely ruined it by making a cream filled profiterole pyramid.... with melted Mars bar poured all over it, then drizzled with white chocolate. I thought I'd just have a small serving (I love home made profiteroles) but I ended up having seconds .... and I can't BEGIN to tell you how nice it was......
Old 02-12-2007, 10:00 AM   #192  
aka Superwoman!

I must catch up on diet girl's blog.

I do eggs too and have them almost every day *slurp*

Begone ye with those profiteroles making me hanker the goodness of coux pastry

Oh was that £500 scam where they change money, distract you, then change it back again after pocketing some of it?
Old 02-12-2007, 10:17 AM   #193  
Consistency + Balance

Yes! Well.... very similar. Foreign guy came in with low value Sterling and asked to change it in to higher value notes. He watched the girl serving count it out, then said he changed his mind and said he wanted Euros instead. The girl and the scammer then moved up to the foreign exchange till. She took up his original money but left the pile of £20s she'd counted out down at her own till. She then worked out an exchange rate, counted out the Euros, gave them to him and completed the transaction on the 'puter (making it official) - and he then changed his mind AGAIN. She couldn't just reverse the transaction so the Boss got involved and said the best she could do was to buy back his Euros at the current exchange rate. He created merry **** - threatened to get the Police, blah, blah, blah - but went ahead with the Euros to Sterling exchange.... swearing and threatening all the while. When he'd gone the girl got back to her till she didn't even think about it - she just assumed that she'd automatically put the pile of £20s back in her till... but she hadn't. How he got his hand under that clear bulletproof divider thing is beyond me - he must have had very thin hands.
I'm just so glad I wasn't on shift. The Boss is going about it. You can tell she thinks its down to the girl who was serving at the time. Every now and then she experiments with getting her hand under the divider. Its making everyone feel quite uncomfortable.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:50 AM   #194  
aka Superwoman!

Yup that sounds about what I heard. It's in the papers in Whitby. Mum says there was a rumpus in the Co-Op Post office and the cashier just handed back their original cash and refused to deal with them after they started making a fuss.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:04 AM   #195  
Consistency + Balance

They're really getting around - we've heard on the grapevine that they've done the same number in at least a dozen other post offices. The Police say they're perfecting it with the threats of getting the Police, etc, - which completely throws the girl serving in to a tizz.

I choux pastry and its the easiest of all the pastries to make. No less fattening though! DH's favourite is stacked profiteroles with Caramac drizzled over. (Actually.... he just loves Caramac!)
Closed Thread