UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 07:17 PM   #31  

Helen glad your Dad is doing OK, whenever my Mom gets sick I tend to freak out.

February has not started well, I feel like I'm getting a chest cold. Some teachers in my school have literally been sick for 2 months, so I hope I'm not getting it. My plan was to run tonight after class but it's too cold and since I'm not feeling the best I just came home. I'm under the blankets ready to pop a moive in. Looks like a low key weekend for me which is just fine.

My legs are in agony from boot camp, I love that class such an intense cardio workout but she does it in short bursts so you don't realize how much you're doing.

Ok I feel like I'm rambling....have a great night all.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:09 AM   #32  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all! I feel nicely beaten this morning! I am sporting many bruises of various colours, my nose feels odd (which IS odd since no-body hit me in the face!) and I seem to have a bruised spine from doing about 200 sit-ups I feel good!

Tomorrow morning - at the butt crack of dawn - DH and I are off to Caen on the bikey! I'm worried about riding in France, I have my GB sticker and some spare bulbs. DH is printing maps etc and so we should be ok.

I've also got some foody bits to keep us going and away from the "self-serve cafeteria" *shudder* I think ferry food is worse than service station food sometimes
Old 02-02-2007, 04:44 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 17st 12.5lb/16st 6lb/10st

Height: 5ft 3in

VP1 & Frus.
If you are planning to stay overnight in Amsterdam, BOOK IT NOW!. We were there a few years ago during marathon weekend, and had to stay out at the airport, cause all the Hotel rooms in the city were full!

Has this happend to any one else? I weighed in on Monday, lost 3 lbs, great. Not 'cheated' at all since. Weighed myself today, and I've put on 2lb
Its not that time of the month thingy. Same thing happend last week, so hopfully by Monday I'll have lost but I sometimes think my body has it in for me.

I've not managed to get any walking in this week cause we've had a roofer in to put back all the tiles that blew off in the storm. So hopfully I can get rid of the buckets in our bedroom. And we've finaly had our new kitchen tiled, its only a year since it was fitted!.
Why is it that workmen say they are turning up at 8.30AM, and arrive at 12.00 in the roofers case, and 6pm in the tilers! I've spent most of this week waiting in for them.

Still, its a lovely day so once I've dried my hair I'm off for a walk
Old 02-02-2007, 04:58 AM   #34  

Frus
We always go to to Caen because its the nearest port to the in-laws.
I think the roads are a lot busier in Caen and we usually get lost on the periphquie(ring road). I do live in N Wales though were as you are used to London traffic.
Just make sure you know what junction you need to come off at.
The little towns on the coast Caborg, Houlgate, Trouville and Deauville are lovely to vist as well if you have time.
Hope the weather stays fine for you.
Carole
Old 02-02-2007, 05:00 AM   #35  

Frus
PS the food is very nice on the French Ferries, but its best to take your own cause its pricey!
Carole
Old 02-02-2007, 05:08 AM   #36  
aka Superwoman!

Oh dear lord don't tell me about the horrid traffic! I don't want to know!!!! Is Deauville down that way too? That's funny, we're going on a Honda Deaville, we should go!
Old 02-02-2007, 08:27 AM   #37  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I've done my second run of the day now. I did 5k on the treadmill this morning, then ran home from work to let the alarm maintenance man in (4.75 miles). I worked out that it took no longer than waiting for the bus to come home on, and would be far better for me. I've just made myself a nice spanish tortilla to use up some of the mountains of potatoes I get in the veggie boxes then I'm back into work. I'm getting the bus back in though, not running both ways the alarm man was surprisingly punctual - they said 12.30 - 2 and he turned up at 12.50, meaning I have no excuse for skiving the afternoon!
Old 02-02-2007, 08:34 AM   #38  
aka Superwoman!

Awww shame! Can't you call up work and say you're still waiting for him, then make an appointment with the duvet?
Old 02-02-2007, 01:52 PM   #39  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

I'm good, I went and sat in the office again. I wouldn't say much work got done though, I'm worn out with a late night last night and having to get up earlier than normal this morning to get into work early.

I've just realised that it takes me about 45 minutes to get the bus into work and then walk to the gym in the morning. In the evening it takes nearer 55 minutes. Even going back in at lunchtime it took 42 minutes.

I ran the route in 43 minutes. And that was going from work to home which is uphill pretty much all the way. Going into work would be faster. If only I could find a way to get all my clothes and food for the day to the gym ready for me to shower, change and get into work (and vice versa on the way home) I'm sure running it would be a far more satisfying experience.

Off to Tesco in a bit, then I think I'll have a vegging night in, possibly with a film and popcorn. I'm hoping to do a long run tomorrow so it won't be anything raucous tonight, plus I'm too tired.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:26 PM   #40  
Calorie Killer!

S/C/G: 11st/10st 7/9st

Height: 5ft 1inch

Well I'm feelin kinda low atm. Been on hols n with xmas as well I've gained 6lbs - sighs. Me thinks its time for that prov boot up the backside!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-02-2007, 04:00 PM   #41  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil ish View Post
Well I'm feelin kinda low atm. Been on hols n with xmas as well I've gained 6lbs - sighs. Me thinks its time for that prov boot up the backside!!!!!!!!!!!
Join the club devil ish. Don't be too hard on yourself, today's a new day

Last edited by Clydegirl; 02-02-2007 at 06:18 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 02-02-2007, 04:47 PM   #42  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

Those nice Dutch people are psychic. I got an email today to tell me that registration is open for the Amsterdam marathon...
Old 02-03-2007, 03:58 AM   #43  
aka Superwoman!

Hello!

Disspointed Frus checking in. No Caen The Ferry was going to get us there an hour and a half later than we had originally booked We only had a few hours there to start with, but it made it not worth going, so we cancelled. At least they told us on Wednesday but we didn't twig till last night. *sigh* never mind. Then I thought I could get some kickboxing in, but Lee is BUSY! GAH!

So we're going swimming
Old 02-03-2007, 05:01 AM   #44  

Frus - how disappointing. Hope the swimming goes well.

I am so glad it is the weekend. It's been a busy week and the internet connection at work was down all week! So no skiving and logging in here!

I have done well this week with my walking, I managed to walk to work and back everyday. I know it is only 15 minutes each way but it is a start! I wish i could run like you Helen but too many bits wobbling at the moment.

I am going to Hebden Bridge tomorrow. I can stock up on veggies at the farmers market and then do some hill walking.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 02-03-2007, 07:03 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 222/197/132

Height: 5'4"

Hello all! I was good yesterday and cycled into uni on my new bike. I checked the AA website and it's about 2.5 miles each way so I reckon if I do that maybe 3 times a week I can cancel my gym membership! I never go anyway, I really can't get motivated, but cycling to Uni takes less time than getting the bus cos they take all the uni buses off at this time of year, so it's easier to make myself do it. Feeling a little tender in the behind area this morning though...
I'm going to attempt to make a lentil bake for dinner tonight, but my mum said I might need to soak the lentils overnight which I didn't know, so it may have to wait till tomorrow.
Closed Thread