Old 03-10-2004, 03:01 PM   #286  
stbakd

debrah where do you live in manitoba? i lived in winnepeg. it's nice to see another stubble jumper on the boards.
zanne it is nice to be missed by ladies.
glen
hefty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 09:25 PM   #287  

Good evening everone....had another lousy day but good new is its almost over!!!

I hope everyone is doing better then me right now..Where's MeRoMo and everyone else....must be the good weather!

Have a great night and hopefully tomorrow everyone will be more talkative!

Dale
Trixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 10:13 PM   #288  
Gym'll fix it!!

Never mind Dale you'll do better tomorrow I managed to drink my water today with the help of that cranberry juice had enough tho' 3.5pts so pretty good. I've eaten a little more than i planned mainly due to the fact that i stayed home all day idle hands and all that i'm at about 1750cals right now and i don't want to have anything else and i mean another Bud!!
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 01:17 AM   #289  

Hi all,

Glen, I am in Winnipeg, Fort Richmond.

Way to go Cat90, anything to get the water in I say... I used a lemon slice in my glass for a while...now I down a pint at atime and don't even notice...... the only time do is when I am out and don't get enough...I feel positively sliggish the next day.

I did so good today, a little of everything, except my salad which was huge and healthy full of organic baby greens and a home made raspberry vinegrette, that I heated in the mic wilted them so nicely...lol

then I had dinner with my bookkeeper.... mman...these people taking me out and feeding me...and all my favourites too lol

We are now in the middle of a freakish storm...the highways are closed... and near white out conditions...aahh spring on the prairies...windchills on -35 by morning! uh

so it looks like tomorrow will be me and the kids stuck in the house all day, oh joy at least there is no inservices (I operate a day care and hate thecabin fever thing that happens when we have to change routines fo rthe little kids...ok I hate the change in my routine too) lol
Deborah17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 09:39 AM   #290  

Good morning all!!!! Just a quick note as I am at work right now and I was late coming in. I feel much better today. I am officially down 18 pounds and my pants are loose today. I love that.

I bought the Atkins brand of pancakes and syrup and made it this morning. I am stuffed and they taste just the same. New breakfast for me!!!!!

Hope everyone has a great OP day.

Dale
Old 03-11-2004, 02:22 PM   #291  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Everyone

Dale thats super don't you find that Low Carb stuff in general is expensive? I walked past the freezer section in Fairways the other day, can't remember what it was now but i remember thinking "Wow, $8 for that!" its the same with bread..its about $4 a loaf

I walked another 3mls this morning that makes a total of 13mls since Sunday

Deborah, i use lemon sometimes too and lime is good as well i just thought the cranberry juice would be a change. Gosh, i would hate that weather no wonder you are sick of it i think spring is well on the way here, the tree frogs have been in noisy form these last few nights..noisy 's
Old 03-12-2004, 04:04 PM   #292  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Everyone

I walked another 3mls this morning and i weighed in with a 4lbs loss this week it feels so good when the hard work pays off

Hope you are all doing OK will check in later
Old 03-13-2004, 06:56 AM   #293  
stbakd

it's :coffe: time wtg cathy. i do the scale today.
glen
Old 03-13-2004, 11:02 AM   #294  

Great Job Cat!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had a pretty bad night last night and feel the effects of my over indulgence. Going to go lay down and try to get over this queasiness!! hope everyone has a great day!
Old 03-13-2004, 11:56 AM   #295  
"I'm working on it!"

Just quickly popping in.

Good news--I measured today and since March 2nd I have lost an inch and a half from my waist and an inch from my jelly belly!!!! I'm actually wearing (and sitting in) a pair of jeans I couldn't wear a week ago.

So if the scale seems to be not moving, take your measurements! The scale hasn't really budged for me in a long time. I keep going up and down a couple pounds. Nothing significant, but the inches lost are really significant.

gotta go--lots of stuff to do today.
Zanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 05:28 PM   #296  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Everyone

How did you make out Glen?

Susan, that is great and i totally agree i know another lady who is quite upset about her scale not moving and yet she is losing inches so i told her not to bother about the scale because after all its all about getting into a smaller dress size not how many pounds you weigh

Trixi, hope you're feeling better now
Old 03-13-2004, 06:44 PM   #297  
stbakd

i gained 1.3.
trixi: hope you are feeling better. did the devil come to your house last night?
suzzane: when you first start exerciseing your body puts water around the muscles you
haven't used for awhile. then after they have been used for awhile the water goes away.
this is to protect them.
glen
Old 03-13-2004, 07:10 PM   #298  
northernclipper

Hello everyone

I glad to hear everyone is fine and that we have some new faces on site. I've been to Las Vegas and back this week, I lost at the slots and I lost 2 lbs. Dh got the tickets for a reward for me staying on track and when we got in Thur. nite he gave me tickets to a Tom Jones concert for Fri. I had a great time but need some rest. Dh and son #3 have left for a hockey tournament in Barry and the other children are either working or at sleep-overs. So I'm home alone and loving it. I hope everyone stayed op.

I have to get back to drinking my water I kind of got addicted to wine and spitz's while away. I also have to get back on the treadmill . Will check in tomorrow hope all is well with everyone.
northernclipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 10:14 AM   #299  

Hi All,

Happy weekend! I did good until last night when a pig out happened as I was working on an article about cheese in a low carb diet.... maybe it was writing about all that food lol

So now I have to pump up the exercise a bit and eat very lightly today, I think

It is so hard, when the scale is stubborn and the inches aren't moving too quickly either. But I am doing my best.

Maybe I should stop writing about food! no, I enjoy that too much...

So I am getting back to checking portion sizes and having to say no to all the people who are asking me out for big dinners...actually, I have to say no to myself to eating allthe food on my restaurant plate..doggie bags are good, only if it isn't all carbs...I didn't realize how much of the meal is carbs compared to the amount of vegetables!

well...it is eggplant lasagna, for research... and Thai shrimp soup for dinner.

well the article is almost done and the gym is calling me.

have a great day all!
Deborah17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 04:17 PM   #300  
Gym'll fix it!!

Never mind Glen you'll lose it

NC, what a nice treat from hubby glad you enjoyed it

Deborah, i know what you mean if i look at recipes for too long i end up looking for something to eat not because i'm hungry just because it looked good!

I've been spring cleaning this morning pity is does'nt stay that way is'nt it? and i'm going out to stack some firewood in a min so i may give the treadmill a miss we'll see. Just working on drinking some water at the minute, my second pint is in front of me don't think i'll be having much more tho'.