Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 11:19 AM   #16  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hungry Girl: 200 Under 200: 200 Recipes Under 200 Calories
Old 09-01-2010, 03:39 PM   #17  

I agree with you both - getting away is the most relaxing. Hanging around the house, I just see everything I should be doing...
Old 09-01-2010, 05:05 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Aftenoon
You girls are a talkative bunch.

Sorry I haven't been here but we are having mechanical problems at work which takes more of my time.

Happy
I agree. I really need to get back on track. One of my problems is that I'm so techincal with things that I give up to easy. Told myself this time that no more ocd. Gonna live my life on a daily basis. I've begun exercising this week for 20 minutes for 2 days so far.

Laura
Unfortunately my shcedule day is Monday, the holiday. I don't really mind the over time. I've made up my mind that I'm going to the Library tomorrow.
to check on the Eat, Pray, Love book.

Michelle
Being lazy on a lounge chair in the yard sounds like a winner to me. If it's not raining I may do that myself. I would really like to take a vacation soon.

Shad
I'm glad to know that it takes time to get down the bp. I'd like to get off the meds but I"m not sure if I can since this was one of my mom's major problems with her heart disease.

Annie
I'll look at the recipe sight a lwhen I have time.

Mel
What's up girl, miss you.

Last edited by ceejay52; 09-01-2010 at 05:05 PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:25 PM   #19  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Had an e-mail from Mel last night. Didn't get a great deal of time to do much with it, but she is on the road to recovery. She will be back but doesn't want to be a Debby Downer (whatever that might be)

Michelle - lazy in a lounge chair sounds just fine to me. I think I might take it a little easier this weekend since the hired help won't be there and DS2 is going away on Sunday for an all day hike in the mountains somewhere. I just have a couple of things I must do.

Annie - sounds like a plan - down at the the lake, sitting on the dock watching the world go by. "Sitting on the dock of the bay, watching the tide roll away,..Sitting on the dock of the bay, wastin time.
Sittin' in the mornin' sun
I'll be sittin' when the evenin' come
Watching the ships roll in
And then I watch 'em roll away again, yeah - ok Otis enough already

Gotta make the most of the last of summer.

Ceejay - so no holiday weekend for you. Well join the club. I missed a couple of public holidays while I went bush but that's okay. It's nice out there. I have managed so far to miss out on the BP meds. My Mum and Dad both took them. I put it down to exercise keeping it down. I have to go back to the doc this weekend and I don't know what the story will be this time as I have managed to gain some more weight and not exercise. Well praise be, does one go hand in hand with the other?

Happy - contracts - well this one anyway don't appear to be as structured as they once were. This one is well past it's sell by date.
So what did you get for dinner last night?

Laura - still going good with the exercise I see. I have my stuff for the gym tonight and will start my 4 days at the gym. I am still walking to work every morning from the far railway station. So for 5 days I do at least a mile before starting work and then for 4 nights I go to the gym. It isn't showing up on the scale yet and certainly isn't showing up in my body. But it is early days yet.

I'd better get along and see if I can fight with the system for another day. I have a few things to get done and some hard planning to do for some new doco, but then again I have 4 weeks to do it in. Bah humbug

Last edited by Shad; 09-01-2010 at 06:29 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:41 AM   #20  
Annie - Indiana

Mornin' Happy Friday (to me) hehe...well, and Shaddie

Shaddie...love that song. Now it is in my head being removed from my mouth...now I know what all these tomatos being thrown at me are for. lol Thanks for the update on our Mellie...Debbie Downer is a character on Saturday night live, I believe. She finds the down side, bummed out side of every situation....

MELLIE....perk up, wake up, wake up, it's a wonderful day in the neighborhood!! Love, Mrs. Rogers...lol Loves and special hugs to you, my friend.

Ceejay....nuttin like mechanical probs to get you going in the morning. Sorry you have to work on Labor Day...I will drink and extra adult beverage in your honor!!

Chelle...hope you are feeling better in the back and TAKING is easy peasy, girl. How about 2:00 pm EST on Sunday in the hammock we toast to rest and relaxation. It can be tea or anything your heart desires...you all may join us!!

Laura...jump in on the toast, even if it is from the lazy boy or the couch!!

Happy....hello sista, and how's things? Is this the last weekend of NAKED NIGHT swimming? haha

Nadda lot going on here. Worked last night at CVS....ended up in the milk cooler stocking milk last night. You would not believe how fast CVS sells milk. My fingers were frozen when I came outta there. Took like 30 minutes to stock when it is normally a 10 minute job.

Still looking forward to getting away this weekend. Actually I am kinda excited. We have a family meeting tomorrow at 4:00 pm at the PT for dad to find out how well he is progressing and how much longer he needs to be in PT.

That's about it for me, I will probably be back later as I am full of CHIT today.

Mucho love, and lots of hugs,
Old 09-02-2010, 09:43 AM   #21  
Annie - Indiana

Oh BTW...had a voice mail from Leanne, she is now down 10 lbs. She didn't say about her hubby.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:43 AM   #22  
Annie - Indiana

PORTION control, Ms Chelle....
Old 09-02-2010, 10:27 AM   #23  
Annie - Indiana

Leanne tries to keep her carbs at around 10 a day, her hubby is 5, which I think is too low, but if it works for him. He is down 16 lbs
Old 09-02-2010, 10:44 AM   #24  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy nearly long weekend!!

Took Doppler to the eye doctor yesterday. He's a good candidate for cataract surgery, and he'll have that done on 9/9. I really like the doctor and so does Doppler!

I'm just 4 hours away from my shot. I'm hoping it will help, although the nurse who called me yesterday warned me that it may not last more than a week or so and I may need a series of 2 or 3 shots two weeks apart. Ugh. I'm still hoping this will be a 1 and done.

Even though I've been eating OP, I was up a few pounds yesterday at my weekly weigh in which startled me. But today, I found out why. After not visiting me for a couple months...Auntie Flo has arrived. I know that if I keep on keeping on and stay on track, the weight will come off just as it has for Annie's friends.

Shad - I'm glad you heard from Mel and that she is on the road to recovery. Debbie Downer is a Saturday Night Live character and is the person in the crowd who always says depressing things. Something I know Ms. Mellie could NEVER be. Thanks for quoting the Otis Redding song....I'm more relaxed already. I hope your doc appt goes well this weekend. Good for you for getting all that walking and gym visits in!!

Mel - We love you and miss you, girlfriend. You're not, and could never be, Debbie Downer.

Annie - Wish I could be going to the lake with you. It sounds lovely!! I'm not feeling better in the back yet, but hopefully come tomorrow (and next week) I will be. That's great about Leanne! It's really giving me hope. And thanks for the tip about Carbs. I am staying OP and watching my portions. I hope the few lbs I gained can be chalked up to TOM. I know that the steroid injection will cause temporary water retention and maybe a little weight gain...but the ability to exercise next week (hopefully) will take care of that. Small portions of healthy food. That's my motto! 2pm EST Sunday for "group" lounging and a toast? I'll be there...as long as I'm not in the fishing boat, in which case I'll toast you from there.

Laura - I'm sure you're enjoying your long weekend!

Ceejay - I hope you get to relax on a lounge chair some this weekend. Labor Day weekend is to honor those of us all who work hard with a little R&R, so I hope you get to enjoy the weekend even if you don't get Monday off.

Love and hugs to all,
Old 09-02-2010, 12:14 PM   #25  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

I'm snarfing down a turkey unwich (no bread) with lettuce, tomato, cucumber and avocado for lunch. Carrots and a dill pickle spear on the side. Water to drink. Have to leave in 45 min. for the shot. I can't tell if I'm getting nervous or just anxiously eager - hoping the shot will help.

Last edited by diyana; 09-02-2010 at 12:15 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:41 PM   #26  
Annie - Indiana

Chelle...good luck with the shot. Probably a little of both anxiety eager and nervous...I hope it works for you in the best way. The unwich you described sounds like what I get from Jimmy Johns. THe #6 veggie unwich. YUM YUM and it is so filling. Rock on sista.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:16 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

There's not much happening here except it's much cooler with the low humidity.

This day has gotten away from me. The only productive thing I've done is go to Walmart. ooops forgot to pay the rent--i'll do that tomorrow.
Last night I ate a heavy dinner and it showed up ten minutes later. I was in agony the whole night. Didn't really go away until this morning. It was like my stomach stopped doing it's thing. Guess that's what I get for going off plan.
Weigh in this morning at 194. I'm pleased with that number even though it is still to high.

Michelle
Hope the injection does what it's supposed to. Be sure to enjoy that lounge chair.

Annie
Have fun at the lake this week end. You truely deserve some down time.
That does sound a bit low on the carbs. My doctor told me to cut down on my starches.

Shad
Good luck at the doctor's office tomorrow. I really do think that exercise is a good thing. I'm going to try hard to get my good cholesterol up by exercising.

laura
What are you doing this week end?

Happy
Did you take a trip up north?

mel
Feel better soon, we miss you.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:23 PM   #28  

Hello everyone.

Ceejay - I didn't have many firm plans going into the weekend, but now it's filled up. Saturday we're going to a fest, and Sunday we're going to bf's brother's house. Yup, after a talk w/ the dufus brother yesterday, bf has decided it's time to bury the hatchet. I'm not thrilled, but I'll go along with it. Monday's still open. Sorry you have to work on the holiday, but the overtime sounds good.

Shad - That's a great amount of exercise! If you keep to it I'm sure you'll see changes before too long.

Annie - Hope you enjoy your time away. How did the family meeting re your dad's PT go?

Michelle - Hope the injection will bring you some relief and get you back to some exercise. Glad Doppler's surgery is a go.

Mel - Can't imagine you being a Debbie Downer!! Nope. Take care of yourself and come back soon!!

Happy - Any special weekend plans?

Yesterday after work I didn't do much of anything - just a short dog walk, some reading, went through Mt. Mail. Dinner at a wing place, so you know it wasn't light and healthy. Today's food was also not good - a lot of snacking.

Today was more productive than I thought it might be. No exercise though. I finished going through the mail in the morning. I was unhappy to see that the mortgage escrow adjustment (higher, of course) went through with this month's payment. That finally made me send in the form electing to do away with the escrow - I'd gotten it back in March and dithered over it for months even though there's no convincing reason to keep letting the bank control it the escrow account. Wonder how long it'll take the bank to close the account and send me my money.

I did some errands - bank, library, post office. Bf and I took doggy to the vet for his nail and gland maintenance. Spent a couple hours on my sewing project. Watching some tv at the moment. It rained a lot this afternoon, and now it's raining again. Perfect time to get into my pjs and start one of my library books.

Tomorrow's the foot doc. Dang, meant to give myself a pedicure. Maybe tomorrow morning.

Okay, off to get ready for bed. Nighty night.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:59 PM   #29  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi all, sorry I didn't get here earlier. A friend called for lunch and it had been such a long time and much to catch up on so off I went...

Laura - hope things work out with the BF and his brother. Relationships should be repaired if possible. But alot of times it's a parasitic relationship. Hope that's not the case. Enjoy your festival. I always hated to see Labor Day roll around because that meant summer was over. But you get those gorgeous Indian Summers so enjoy the whole weekend if you can. Better to pay your own taxes and insurance instead of letting the mortgage company hold your money and screwing things up.

I don't have any special plans outside of pick a project to help DH with. Wash my car once and for all and start to prep for the upcoming vacation. We would rather take DH's sedan as it's more comfortable - that means less room to pack junk! The end of the month we are going up in the northwoods of Wisconsin up up up where it's 41 at night already Brrrrrr. Will also swing through Chicago but only for 1 day to rest as we are not trying the 14 hour drive in one shot. Not even sure how I'll handle 8 and 7 with a day in between. We are going to a cabin on a lake - gotta bring some stuff in with us like towels and lately, I think I want to bring my own bedding. Hoping to catch some nice fall color though.

Ceejay - don't you immediately crave carbs (even if they make you feel icky) the minute the doctor says to cut back? I've been eating off plan = know exactly what you mean about the plumbing resisting. Bummer that you have to work on Monday

Annie - hope you have a very, very nice 4 day weekend and do lots of fun things. It's been way too long and you deserve some down time. Hope Dad is doing well. No Annie - no naked swimming. By the time the neighbors moved out and it was safe, the water was too cold. It's really chilly now though I hope to maybe get one more SUNNY clothed swim in this weekend before we close the pool down

Michelle - you rest that back now. I hope the shot helps you out. The only thing I want to hear from you on Tuesday is all the things you read over the weekend Feel better kiddo. Thanks for explaining Debbie Downer - I knew of the term but didn't know that comes from SNL. Don't worry about the weight - it will come off in time.

Shad - maybe you don't get the 3 day weekend we do but at least it's 2 days away from the funny farm. I turned my calendar today and I have the most gorgeous picture of Christchurch - lovely spring colors. How different to see pastels on a calendar in September Good for you for getting back on the exercise wheel again. I need to follow you in

Mel - sending you love and hugs. You are not a Debbie Downer. Hope some much needed cash shows up and the G-men leave you and Jen alone. Sending some love you way

I'm really tired. Going to hit the sack early. It's getting cooler out and that is turning up the snoring volume for both of us. Don't think we're sleeping as soundly as we can be. Good night all...
Old 09-03-2010, 12:31 AM   #30  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

It's Friday - hooray. Time for some serious downtime. DS2 will be away for much of the weekend so it will only be Sunday and Me. Well Sunday anyway since I am the slave and must do as instructed.

Hair cut (well overdue) on Sunday. I'll probably lose a couple of kilo between going to the salon and coming home. There's an awful lot of hair there.

A man rung me this morning to talk about the problems I had with the computer system while out in the bush. Hello - it takes a month for my emails to get through??? No wonder I thought it was slow out there!!!
He thanks me for sending the information. It's the only way that problems become known and fixed. Ummm Am I the only one that has complained about the speed out there. Don't think so!!!! He's only taking notice because the man who may or may not be my new manager asked me to send him information because in a phone hook up meeting, I described the system out there as crap.

Don't know about Mel being a Debbie Downer, but I certainly am about this job at the moment. It is not impressing me one bit. Still it is Friday and there is nothing anyone can do about that - thank goodness.

Better go and finish off this document. It's the last big one. I have only a couple of small documents to go before I completely run out of work. Time was when I had too much to do. Now I sneak out early because I'm worried I might run out.

See you all over the weekend.
Closed Thread