Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 11:02 PM   #136  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Arrow

Well just lost my super long post - go figure!

SPECIAL CONGRATULATIONS TO SANDRA - we knew you could to it and are honoured to have a state champion in our midst.

Welcome to ladydreamer and cindy!

Don't want to retype everything again - what a bummer: here is the synopsis.

1) had breakfast w/gf - we both seem to be plateauing somewhat - convinced her this was good practice for maintenance - got to vent - she paid for my breakfast cuz my stories were worst than hers!

2) Angela - I think you should get Annika a pair of cool sunglasses and let her go "incognito" like a little movie star - hope eye gets better soon.

3) kathy - hope you are feeling okay now and that dd's problem disappears asap! No rotel here but we do have tomatoes w/flavorings and such - will have to take a closer look.

4) Vickie - glad you protected yourself today while in the pool - but don't you just hate trying to get out when you're wearing a t-shirt!

5) Thanks to everyone for helping to celebrate my first goal! Onwards and downwards.

6) Still hot and extremely muggy today - wish the rains would come and cool everything off - there is something definitely wrong w/the ac in my van - need to get it checked out.

7) Big birthday dinner for 19 yr old tonight - at japanese restaurant w/grill table where they cook in front of you - yes I pigged out but really enjoyed the soup, salad, filet mignon and shrimp and veggies. I did have some orange sherbet for dessert and indulged in a PIECE OF CHOCOLATE BIRTHDAY CAKE - very yummy and sweet and leftovers all packed away now. Will probably take me the rest of the week to work off the aftereffects?

Time for bed!

Frouf

Last edited by Froufy; 06-12-2005 at 11:06 PM.
Old 06-12-2005, 11:12 PM   #137  
focused and aiming

frouf, congratulations again for making your first goal.

well, it's time for me to ask my question again. and i think i'm on time this time.

are we doing a weekly challenge this week? or something else? just wondering.
Old 06-12-2005, 11:55 PM   #138  
Melissa

Hi chicks!! I can't believe it...I think you guys added 8 pages since I've been gone!! I don't know if I'll ever catch up!! I see there are even a few new people to get to know!
I am about to fall asleep in front of the computer but I just wanted to say that I'm back and will try to catch up soon! I ate terribly this weekend but we'll just ignore that.
And BTW I think we should do another challenge! They are very helpful to me. Maybe an exercise challenge? Or another week where we choose our own? It has helped me stay op this past week.
I'll be back tomorrow to tell my stories and catch up!! Going to bed now!
Old 06-13-2005, 06:04 AM   #139  
Closed

Welcome back Melissa....hope all went well........I was only here yesterday and there are THREEE additional pages.....whewwwww..
I will read them later - just wanted to see how much I was behind!!!!
I-yia-yia-.....
And so another day, another week......keep on keeping on.....................
Old 06-13-2005, 07:01 AM   #140  
Radmom413

Morning!

You girls are great....thanks for the Welcome Frouf and congrats on making your first goal....I had to go back and re-read to see what I missed.

And Sandra too with your archery championship! That is awesome! WTG! I admire anyone with a skill in a sport like that!

You all sound like you are doing great with this and I need this kind of support - well, don't we all! I am back to planning and packing "appropriate" lunches this week (4 more days and I am off!!!), which truly does make a huge difference for me during the day!

I am off to work - was up early as DH had to go out of town, so of course if he is up, everyone is up.

I will pop back in later!

Hugs to everyone for a good week!
Old 06-13-2005, 07:02 AM   #141  

Hi chickies....
Anyone got any core ideas for a molasses substitute that isn't sf maple syrup? I'm thinking of a recipe that I want to make that is core otherwise, except the molasses. I want that flavor and maple is "off" from what I would like to achieve.
Congrats on the state championship thing! I have never even tried archery, but I am impressed!
I also like the movie star glasses suggestion. Or, even a fun pirate them day with a patch? Though, that might not be so fun and could be irritating.
I'm in amazement of how much you guys are write on this thread.
Linda H. in NH
Old 06-13-2005, 07:52 AM   #142  

Hey, that's a cute idea (the sunglasses.) Older dd wears regular glasses though, and may be upset that little sister can wear sunglasses and she can't. I need to find dh's old clip-ons for her !

I just got back in from spending an hour in the garden this morning. I got up at 5:30!! I'm not an early riser, but that's the only time I can get in there with the kiddos hanging around. Plus, it's not nearly as hot then. Of course, those stupid gnats are about to drive me insane, but there's always got to be something, right?

I think we're heading to the real zoo today. A local park has a cute little "Old McDonald's" zoo the kids enjoy, and it's free.

I'm going to hop in the shower now and get rid of this 100% DEET bug spray. I love it for getting rid of the mosquitos, but it's not pleasant to wear all day.

Later!
Angela
Old 06-13-2005, 07:57 AM   #143  

Height: 5'7"

Good Monday morning!!

First of all, Melissa -- any news? Tell Aaron we are waiting! And some of us not so patiently, I might add!

Frouf, happy BD to your DS. I hope he had a nice day. I love those places but never can finish it all so I usually leave with a container.

I'm up for whatever challenge you guys say. Maybe we could do the same thing each week, like everybody exercises -- or drinks water -- or sticks to Core -- or doesn't cheat too badly! Yesterday the last thing I wanted to do was cheat (okay I had a bowl of cereal but it was out of necessity and not because I wanted it). I still feel yucky today, but little DD feels yuckier. I heard her getting up this morning at 5:30 so I got up too. She said "what are YOU doing up???" and I said "well, I figured if you could do it, so could I and I appreciate what a hard worker you are so I wanted to support you." She thought that was nice. I went into the bathroom to get dressed and meanwhile she left, but when I came out she had left me a note that said "Have a good day Mom - Love, Kate". What a sweetie! And this is the bratty one that had the temper tantrum over the car remote. Maybe she has multiple personality disorder and that was "bad Kate" that was being so mean a few weeks ago.

I managed to shock everyone when I walked into the office at 6:30. It's good to keep them on their toes. For one thing, I am wearing a very nice dress and scarf. It's aqua linen, long and straight, one of the new ones (still had the tags on it!)that my coworker gave me because she gave up trying to lose 30 pounds so she would fit in it. The scarf is aqua, purple, pink and green - I think it's pansies or something but too cute. Anyway I usually wear jeans, a knit top and sandals because I never know if I'm going to be climbing around in the cockpit trainer or not ... but yesterday I felt so crappy that I didn't do laundry. Another reason is because this dress is a teensy bit on the uncomfy side and I wanted to reiterate to myself that these pounds need to come off. I thought maybe being miserable would do that. Who knows what's it's going to take to get my attention. At least it doesn't LOOK tight, but I can tell.

So that's my day. You better believe I'll be hitting the door at 3:30 after my 9 hour day is up. I'm not THAT much of a trooper!!

Last edited by Katpo; 06-13-2005 at 09:19 AM.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:08 AM   #144  
Southside White Sox Fan

I have to go get ready for my Ortho appointment but I wanted to hop on and tell you all that the Pistachio Pineapple Lush is DELICIOUS! I've already decided to try it with the cheesecake pudding and pineapple. Pistachio is good but not one of my favorites.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:34 AM   #145  

Good morning all! Kathy, sounds like you're ready to attack the day. The dress sounds cute. I wear capris and a button-down or knit top every single day. But hey, when I was heavier, I'd wear big baggy jeans and flannel shirts all the time, so this is an improvement.

Tonight I have some shoulder tender steak, whatever that is, to cook on the grill. I want to marinade it today. Any suggestions for the marinade? I'm not really a steak-grilling type of person, so I'm pretty much in the dark.

Thanks!
Angela
Old 06-13-2005, 10:29 AM   #146  
Radmom413

Angela - do you have any italian dressing? That is always a good standby for a marinade when I have nothing else available.

I have a question for you all....do you journal or log your daily food intake. Also, here is a sample of my menu for today.....see if I am lacking or need improvements.

Bfast: Weight Watcher English Muffin w/1 T ff cream cheese
Tall Skim latte w/sf syrup
Snack: Banana
Lunch: LO Grilled porkchop, green beans
Snack: ??
Dinner: some type of meat and big salad plus Brown rice
Snack: Apple
Old 06-13-2005, 10:57 AM   #147  
Melissa

I'm back! And now I've slept, so I'm actually worth something. I've missed chatting with you guys this weekend!! Thanks to everyone for asking about the job situation. We actually heard from someone yesterday who said that the committee meets on Wednesday. So we will hear something after Wednesday. But we don't know what we'll hear....they could offer him the job, or they could ask him to play again, meet with the committee, etc. But at least we'll hear something this week. Thanks for asking, I really appreciate it. DH is at work right now, as he finally got changed from nights to evenings and had to go to training this morning.
We had a good time this weekend but I think all that we did was EAT! I was really really really bad and just kind of let myself go. I did good sometimes....let's see...While I made bad choices I didn't do as badly as I could have. Stopped for a cheeseburger on the way down but didn't eat fries. Had BBQ at the rehearsal dinner but didn't eat a bun, and didn't eat any of the cake and ice cream that they served! Saturday I had less self-control...ate pretty badly. But again avoided any french fries and that kind of thing. So it was bad but it could have been worse, right?
It was really good to go back, though it was really difficult. Especially visiting the church where we used to work. Sitting and watching your replacements is difficult. But anyway, I think I have grieved and moved on now. So that's good!
I'm going to go back and read as much as I can so I can keep up with you guys. I'll post again in a minute.

Oh before I forget, Radmom, we post our menus everyday on a separate thread. Each day there is a dated menu thread. It really helps me to see what everyone else is eating.
Old 06-13-2005, 10:59 AM   #148  

Cindy, we almost always post a daily menu thread where we log our food. Check it out. Your menu looks good, although your breakfast seems a little light/lacking in protein.

Angela
Old 06-13-2005, 11:13 AM   #149  
Athlete in Training

Hi all,

Sounds like a very active weekend for everyone.

Sandra -- Congratulations on your championship! Sounds like you really were on top of your game. I hope your feet feel better soon.

Peanut butter cups! Just the thought of them makes me giddy. So 24 points for the entire recipe, eh?

Lisa, does your ds start feeling better if he's away from the pool for awhile?

Kathy, 5:30 is way too early. I had to get up at 5 for my marathon training on Saturday and I can safely say I am NOT an early morning person. Your outfit sounds cute.

Froufy - hope your son has (had?) a wonderful birthday.

Angela, I love having gardens, but I can't get out there early in the morning. We got a bit of a break in the heat on Sunday, so I managed to spend most of the day gardening (aka weeding!). I put some plant food down for my flowers, put on the soaker hose and forgot about it for about 5 hours. I hope we don't get any rain for awhile!

Welcome back Melissa. I can't wait to hear about your adventures.

Vivian - Congrats on the weight loss! You've got to feel great!

Welcome Cindy and LindaNH! This is the best place to be to get what you need for Core.

Cindy, some of us post our daily meals on daily meal threads on the Core board. Look at today's -- I think it's called Mad Monday. Sometimes looking at these help to give you meal ideas.

Vickie - hope the ortho appt went well. So you did a cheesecake pineapple lush? I don't mind pistacchio - so maybe I'll have to try it both ways.

Linda -- I hear ya. Trying to catch up on this board is a challenge. I stay off the computer at home, so I miss weekends.

Lisa, what is turtling?

Hi to everyone I missed -- hope you're doing well.

My weekend was busy but I still didn't get everything done that I wanted to. We did 12 miles, but started early so the heat wasn't nearly as bad as last week. Plus we had more water and sports drinks. This coming weekend is only 6 miles -- which will feel like a break -- then we do 14 the following weekend. So we're basically at the halfway point.

My girlfriend is getting her kitchen remodeled, and she offered us her granite counters, double oven, cooktop, sink and cabinets. So now we are excitedly trying to figure out how we can use everything in our kitchen. My house desperately needs to be cleaned - but I've had out of town relatives to visit, so I haven't been keeping up with chores. We have to get our adoption homestudy updated this week - which means my house has to be social worker inspection-ready. Yikes!

Have fun out there!
Old 06-13-2005, 11:32 AM   #150  
Melissa

Whew! I just skimmed through 8 pages of posts...I need a nap now.

Frouf, congrats on meeting your first goal!!

Sandra, way to go!! I'm so happy for you!!

Kathy, these folks are missing out not having had rotel! We eat it constantly...I buy a couple of cans every time I go to the store. I sometimes buy the Wal-Mart brand too, its even cheaper and tastes the same to me (as the mild rotel). So you are core this week? And how was the berry picking (or did I miss the report along the way)? I LOVE looking at houses on realtor.com, I do it all the time. I really loved that second house you posted, it is just beautiful. I think it was Vickie who said she liked the windows, that is what stood out to me too. That and it is very open.

Cindy, glad to have you! I would like to have that 5 can soup recipe too!

Vickie, do you have your sunscreen on today?

Linda, keep on keeping on! You can do it!

NH Linda, nice to meet you! It sounds like you are doing great.

Angela, your poor dd! I hope that her eye is looking better.

Terry, your perseverence really amazes me. Way to go!

I know there is much more that I wanted to say but I just can't remember.

I took the day off work today b/c I knew I would be wiped out after this weekend. So I'm going to try to figure out a menu schedule for the week, go shopping and do lots of cooking/prep work today. Any suggestions? That pineapple lush sounds great, I'm going to have to go find the recipe. Off to plan my menu! Don't you all wish we could pay someone to plan the recipes, buy the food, do all the prep work? I like to cook and really do like going shopping, etc most of the time but it is so time consuming!
Closed Thread