Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 04:13 PM   #271  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Chewy gingersnaps don't count - esp when followed up by "toad"...good job in putting them away!

As for that saying: If you eat a live toad first thing in the morning,
nothing worse can happen for the rest of the day. -- Whoever wrote that obviously has never spent any time in my house! I actually think in some situations this might be the best part of my day? ha ha ha (The main question is are toads Core?)

Sandra - glad you are enjoying your perky nails - and I can hardly believe you did not lick any icing - that is quite an accomplishment - I would have traces of icing at the corners of my mouth!

The BBQ: well my strategy worked somewhat - I had a "ticket" for a chicken burger - of course these ended up being those nasty breaded things. So I ate half my chicken burger, (w/tomato and lettuce) and a scoop of 3 bean salad and cole slaw on the side (but did leave some over). I managed to grab one of the last diet cokes - and that really helped cuz I know those fizzy bubbles fill up a tummy really quickly.

I believe the pop prevented me from over eating and I was able to avoid all ICE CREAM BARS, CREAMSICLES, FUDGESICLES AND ICE CREAM SANDWICHES. So that in itself was an accomplishment.

I am hungry now and just had some grapes and drinking more water. Not sure what's for dinner tho!

Cher - Sorry you are in a funk and hope you are feeling better now. I know how you just want to grab for those comfort foods but I also know that since being on core even if I "overdo" it - it is never as bad as it used to be. Like the other day when I had rice chips and salsa and a sf/lf fudge bar - and I was freaking out about it! Can you imagine? In the past I too would have downed a whole bag of potato chips, followed by cookies and ice cream. We all need to keep our "binges" in perspective.

I really, really, really need to exercise tonight - but I am such a procrastinator and excuse maker - I do so prefer walking outside instead of the treadmill, but there are some very ugly black clouds out there. I am hoping my motivation kicks in (sat wi just around the corner) to help me meet my goals.

I think if I know I'm heading to Starbucks for my "treat" I might be more motivated to walk - is that a bad thing? Seems like I need a food reward for exercising? But of course my decaf nf cappuccino is a serving of milk - so it's good for me...right?

Later,

Frouf

Last edited by Froufy; 06-16-2005 at 04:41 PM.
Old 06-16-2005, 04:15 PM   #272  
Southside White Sox Fan

Thanks, Melissa and Kathy! Kath, I bet the 2 pounds won't be back. Maybe stopping the blood pressure medicine helped. I would hate it if my Center didn't measure the tenths of a pound. I go weeks sometimes without losing a whole pound. And, I don't want it to be inflated either. Hope you find a day that works for you. Is it too late to get in with those nice ladies from your office?
Old 06-16-2005, 04:18 PM   #273  
Melissa

Frouf, I know how to get your motivation going........
Old 06-16-2005, 04:19 PM   #274  
Southside White Sox Fan

Nice job not overdoing it on lunch, Frouf. Now hop on that treadmill. There must be something fun you can watch while you do it.
Old 06-16-2005, 04:39 PM   #275  
Closed

Vickie.......YUMMMMM on the Core Banana Loaf.....can't wait to make that, and NOW....that would make me happy with a nice glass of FF milk.....thanks!!
I did read right,right??? It's all core???

Last edited by L.J; 06-16-2005 at 04:45 PM.
Old 06-16-2005, 05:07 PM   #276  

Froufy you are so right that a "cheat" for me now sure isn't what it used to be.

Dh called and was more cheerful, as usual. He got some nice compliments from his boss today.

Congratulations Vickie. Moving in the right direction again.

Yeah, I think I'd trade some of my days for a toad once in a while, too. Only the fat free ones are Core, and, as you can see, mine was not fat free, but I ain't giving up any points for it.
Old 06-16-2005, 05:30 PM   #277  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S
V
I C K I E!

So happy about your loss and glad you survived the MRI. Enjoy the pizza and we shall continue on our way to our doable goals

Frouf

Last edited by Froufy; 06-16-2005 at 05:34 PM.
Old 06-16-2005, 06:34 PM   #278  

S/C/G: 169/167.6/135

Height: 5'3'

CONGRATS VICKIE AND TERRY ! !

I have been so busy trying to get all these loose ends tied up before we go to the beach. We leave Sat. a.m. and I still have some laundry to catch up on. Tomorrow a.m. I must go for my pap, then pick up a prescription, clean up the house and pack, pay some bills, get some money out of the bank..... Tomorrow night is my neices 4 hr. dance recital, so I must get everything ready before that. Have already taken the dog and the cat for shots, got my hair cut, got dd's hair cut picked up some extra beach chairs at my moms and so on......................

My scale is flirting with 157.5, but still ends up on 159. Maybe Sat. it will stick on 157. That would be the end of this darn plateau!!!

Sorry, I can't respond to everyone, busy busy busy. Maybe I'll find some extra time tomorrow. Will try to get on Sat. before we leave to post my WI.

Lisa
Oh................will be on the beach for a week, so won't be back until the 25th.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:07 PM   #279  
Southside White Sox Fan

Oh, Lisa, we understand busy. Not to worry. We'll be holding light thoughts for your weigh in on Saturday. We'll miss you but hope you have a GREAT time!

Thanks, Frouf. You are SO sweet. I just learned how to do new colors and you've alternated colors. I feel very special!
Old 06-16-2005, 07:15 PM   #280  

Height: 5'7"

Happy beaching, Lisa!! I am SOOO jealous but I hope you have a great time!

I can't find my DH! He disappeared from work around noon, presumably to go get something "diet friendly" for lunch so he wouldn't have to face the Mexican potluck. He didn't come back for a long time, then around 2:00 I caught a glimpse of him going to the lab and around 4:00 I saw him swiping out of the area. I went over to his desk later and it was locked up tight! Tried to call his truck phone (OnStar), no answer. Called home, no answer. Truck again, no answer. I came home, no Judd. Still waiting. Hmmmm ... think he's been kidnapped by a band of gypsies?

Old 06-16-2005, 07:30 PM   #281  
Southside White Sox Fan

Maybe he's shopping for your anniversary?
Old 06-16-2005, 07:37 PM   #282  

He just walked in ... had gone to Happy Hour with someone from work. I should have guessed that, but it never occurred to me.

Now he wants dinner, so I said there's the kitchen. I'm not cooking ... maybe tomorrow, but not today. I guess that means I have to edit my menu, huh?
Old 06-16-2005, 08:47 PM   #283  
Melissa

Just catching up tonight...I'm so tired but may try to gazelle. Where is everybody? Lives?

Frouf, it sounds like you did really great with your lunch event. Those things are always so hard. Good luck with DD and the hair. Who knows why they want to do those things? Some type of individuality statement? Or do they want to be like everyone else? Who knows.

Vickie, that banana loaf recipe looks really, really good.

Lisa, hope that you have a wonderful time at the beach and that you have a great weigh-in!

Kathy, glad you found your DH.

OK, job news!! DH just got a call from the associate pastor w/ whom he has been talking this whole time. He and the pastor want to meet with him alone next Tuesday, and they want him to lead the service next Sunday (26th I think). So it is looking good. They said that they aren't talking to anyone else about the position and that everyone has had only good things to say about him. So maybe we will hear a "final answer" soon! I guess we'll know more after Tuesday. Thanks everybody for caring!
Old 06-16-2005, 09:04 PM   #284  

Melissa, that sounds like really good news is on its way!!! Ooooh!!!

Basketball is about to start. I ought to take a bath first so I'm all settled in to watch it carefully, but haven't. Oops! I also need to get back on the potholders ... right now I'm making black and white ones for my DDs to put in their "move out" boxes. I buy them Calphalon pans on Amazon every Friday, towels when I find them on sale, spatulas and can openers and paring knives ... just a little bit of everything. You'd think that would be a big enough hint, but noooooo! They just stay and stay and stay (rent free, of course)!!! One of these days when they actually do leave, they'll have a whole apartment full of cool stuff! Including Mom's Potholders©.
Old 06-16-2005, 09:21 PM   #285  
Melissa

Thanks Kathy!! We are hoping for a definitive answer soon.

That is so funny about your DDs. It sounds like you have really got them stocked up! That is so great. One of these days they will realize how great it really is. Especially those Calphalon pans! Whew! Send some of those my way!

Enjoy the bball.
Closed Thread