Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 09:12 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 242.5/233/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by christy913 View Post
I WI today and am UP .5 POUND! UGH! What is the problem? I stayed OP perfectly. UGH!!

I even went out yesterday and bought a new shirt (well 3 new shirts) because I am going to a concert and I wanted a new shirt. (Going to see Rascall Flatts on Thursday, Woo Hoo!) I felt great. Everything was fitting better and I was sure I was going to step on that scale today and sign the 10 lb board. But NO, I went backwards. They said "Maybe it's a plateau" but I gained, I didn't "plateau". UGH, again.

Sorry, I just needed to vent! Thanks to all for listening. (Well, reading really)
I'm totally jealous about the concert as well!! Hang in there on the weight gain...it will go away!!!!!
Old 02-18-2008, 10:42 PM   #77  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirihawk View Post
Meemo, your info on the concentrates vs the other is helpful... I don't always do well with aspartame, for one thing, I can taste it...Friday is my food instruction and I'm both excited and dreading it.
-Miriam
Miriam (that was my mom's name ,
Ask at the food instruction class which supplements have splenda instead of aspartame - one or two of the powdered ones do as well (pink lemonade I think is one of them). And I'm not certain that all the concentrates have Splenda but I think most do. I'm sure you won't be the only one there wondering.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:49 PM   #78  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by crested1 View Post
Hi all...I'm new to MRC...just starting my 3rd week (not including pre-conditioning). I'm down 9.5 pounds and 10.75 inches. I know this is going to sound like I'm complaining, but at WI today, it was down 1 pound. It's been 1 here, 1.5 there...lost 3.5 during pre-conditioning. I KNOW that I should be thrilled, but I'm always wanting more on that darn scale. So, for all of you who have been around for a while, any ideas, suggestions, helpful hints?

I spoke w/ the counselor today, and she suggested adding exercise (cardio only?)...I have a whole library of DVD's at home, but not many that are strictly cardio...I have one set that I was contemplating using (cardio w/ light resistance training), but at this point, I don't want to do anything that could set back my fat loss with gained muscle....maybe just walking is the thing to do for the time being...
It could be that you weren't retaining a lot of water (that's what the big early losses are).
Exercise is great. You won't set back your fat loss with gained muscle - you'll increase your fat loss. What might get set back is your loss on the scale, but you'll lose inches faster. Light resistance training won't build muscle that fast though - and honestly, muscle turns your body into a fat-burning machine! Go for that light resistance training too! And don't focus too much on the number on the scale - focus on inches & how your clothes fit!
Old 02-18-2008, 11:58 PM   #79  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by crested1 View Post
Another question...water. I usually get in 100 oz (this includes the water w/ my HNS)...should I not count what I use w/ my supplements...or is water just that, water???
Our center says the water in your daily count is just that--plain water! No lemon, no fiber packet added, just plain water. HNS and all else are not counted.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:03 AM   #80  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Just checking in. I went to WI today and was down another 1.5, woohoo! Today was my first day of the yellow menu! UGH. I had a hard time choking down that 8oz salad for lunch. Oh, well. 3 more days.

graduatethin..Congrats! That is so awesome being so close to goal. I can't wait to be right there with you too!

Have a great Tuesday everyone.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:04 AM   #81  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottagetfit View Post
Hi everyone! I'm feeling quite frustrated myself. I go to WI tomorrow but am stressed about it. I had my husband take my home scale today. I am obsessive about weighing daily and then when I'm up for NO reason - it is a horrible day. The thing that seems to irritate me is that I'm completely OP and just moving so slow. I have started exercise - but only the treadmill. I keep hoping that one day - the weight will start going away.. Wish me luck for the WI tomorrow Thanks....
I weigh in tomorrow too, but I think you are at the Destin office not the one in Shalimar. If I start weighing myself at home, I get REALLY discouraged as the scale does not seem to move fast enough for me! So I just stay away from our home scale. I haven't been on it since I stared MRC. It's so easy to get hung up on the number on the scale--wait till you're measured again as I'm sure you will really see the change then. Good luck tomorrow
Old 02-19-2008, 12:09 AM   #82  
MuffinTop - Begone!!!

S/C/G: 188/Ticker/155

Height: 5' 7"

Had to share!! WI'd today, after a totally horrible weekend...(just a lot of stress at work, and I was on call ALL weekend). Only lost 1 pound, but better than gained! However, what REALLY made my day was that I got measured today, and I have lost a total of 20 inches... that really impressed my husband, and it totally made my day!! wooohoo!
Here's to being OP and good WI's for everyone...
Oh, and Donuts, I think it was you that mentioned fitting into smaller scrub pants... Yesterday, they ran out of large scrub pants at work, only had extra-large and medium pants left...I'm like "well, the extra large are enormous, and the mediums will probably be totally tight...but here goes!"..the mediums fit great!!! I was so pumped!!
Have a great rest of the week everyone...
Old 02-19-2008, 12:31 AM   #83  
Chillin' like a villian

S/C/G: 341/289.5/176

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im no Jabba View Post
Christy 913: Muscle weighs more than fat - that's why your clothes fit better. Your big drop will show soon
I'd like to ditto that!!!

Also, in one of the info sheets I was given at food instruction, it actually said a plateau would also reflect in a slight gain. Try not to stress (yeah, I know... much easier said than done).
Old 02-19-2008, 12:51 AM   #84  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post
Just checking in. I went to WI today and was down another 1.5, woohoo! Today was my first day of the yellow menu! UGH. I had a hard time choking down that 8oz salad for lunch. Oh, well. 3 more days.
Cucumbers!!! Throw about half a cucumber in there & it won't be NEARLY so much salad ;>)
Old 02-19-2008, 01:01 AM   #85  
Chillin' like a villian

S/C/G: 341/289.5/176

Or some mushrooms and red/green pepper. I was telling my counselor that I was stressed about eating a lot of salad because I'm not a big salad eater and she told me the "trick" to weighing it down with other fresh veggies. The total just has to be 8 oz raw, not the lettuce by itself.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:31 AM   #86  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

For those of you worried about light weight training, don't be...it really does boost up your fat burning, and you will enjoy seeing the great changes it does to your body.
Also, those of you that are saying, I just walk, or I just do the treadmill, or I just etc etc...be glad, any exercise is better for our health than no exercise. Feel proud of yourself for choosing an activiy that works for you.
Keep up the good work everyone! I wi tomorrow, hoping for my first loss towards the St Patty's goal.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:32 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 196/188/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by angierue View Post
Or some mushrooms and red/green pepper. I was telling my counselor that I was stressed about eating a lot of salad because I'm not a big salad eater and she told me the "trick" to weighing it down with other fresh veggies. The total just has to be 8 oz raw, not the lettuce by itself.
I was told at my MRC to stay away from Red and Yellow peppers because of the high sugar content. Does anyone else have any input on this. I love red peppers!
Old 02-19-2008, 08:36 AM   #88  
Bringin' Sexy Back

Donuts..I was looking at your ticker...you must be so psyched, you only have a bit over 40 pounds to goal! That is sooo awesome! You have just been steadly truckin' along here!
When is your speech at the center? Keep us posted.

Does anyone know when Shineon is due back from her cruise? I miss her insights.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:39 AM   #89  
Bringin' Sexy Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by christy913 View Post
I was told at my MRC to stay away from Red and Yellow peppers because of the high sugar content. Does anyone else have any input on this. I love red peppers!
I too, was told to only eat green peppers, and to avoid the yellow and red. However, sometimes I do through in a couple of slivers of the yellow and red in my stir frys just for color and flavor. Broccoli also has high sugar/carb counts vs. other veggies. If you are eating a good variety of veggies, a few of the higher carb/sugar content ones aren't going to set you back. If you try to eat them daily or mulitple times in a day, then yes, they will probably affect your losses.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:00 AM   #90  
I'm on my way...

S/C/G: 264/246/135

Height: 5'3"

Just checking in. I have been weighing at home and it looks like 4 pounds are gone... of course the official will be my WI at the center... hopefully tomorrow...

I had a lot of messages to catch up on, but I wanted to mention that when I met with my counselor she told me that at around my third week on the plan I would have a plateau and that was a good thing, sort of like my body adjusting to the diet and taking a deep breath. She said that it could include a small gain, and that these plateaus and small gains were expected and normal. If you look at the whole weight loss there is a net downward trend. I found that comforting, I'm thinking of writing it into my blog so that when it happens to me I will say "oh, right...I remember.... "

I will be ordering my gluten-free melba toast today from work, I'm very excited, I'm sure that will help with my food plan. I made a comparison page of regular vs GF and faxed it to my center yesterday. They called me back in the afternoon and she said they were all very impressed with my melba toast analysis! LOL....I think I am going to be infamous at my center before long, I'm rather a character...

Oh yes, she is going to look for HNS without aspartame for me, they are already checking to find me the ones without red 40...

Anyway, have a good day everyone, and thanks for being here!! Reading all your posts helps me more than I can say.
Closed Thread