Old 09-14-2005, 11:03 AM   #256  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Well I am back....

Went to target first and hit the clearance racks got two cute workout sets for under $20. So i headed to the COD and changed when i got there. Do any of you who go and change or just go to the bathroom before WI take an inventory of who is working and who sounds almost finished with their current client so you can try and figure out who you are gonna get? Well I tend to do this only because when i have this certain girl i always gain and there were only two of them there. So i changed came back to the front knew i was next on the list and i didnt end up the girl i dont care for YAY!!! So i had courtney and she said so have we gotten our motivation back? To which i answered well just about i wasnt OP yesterday but im getting there and she said well ok thats a start. So i got on the scale and it was like with biggest losser where it goes in slow motion before it tells you what your current weight is. But ding ding ding i was down 3lbs since monday. I know that i will have to be extra good to counter what i ate yesterday but when i got off the scale i said i would like to change my answer YES I have my motivation back. Well I havent eaten anything so i knew there was nothing at the office to eat. I hit mcdonald's and got a fruit and walnut salad and a bottle of water. Has anyone had this salad before? i mean im getting two fruits in but im not really that impressed with it. It cost me $3 and it isnt the freshest fruit. I should have just stopped by Kroger and picked up the stuff for a lot less. Their apple dippers are much better than this salad no wonder its not going over better. I am also not eating the candied walnuts i just dont feel that they would be OP because they are candied. I will have to get my protein in another way lol.

Anyway I think im back lol My next obsticle for the day is eating lunch at school. I of course will have my water bottle and just fill it up out of the fountain no big deal there. I will have my lite for this afternoon. I have lunch after my first class. There is a food court in the University Center where i can get a salad or a sub like at subway. So i think i will go with the sub Turkey probably. Then to plan for dinner i didnt lay any chicken out oh well i will come up with something. Might have to stop and pick up some chicken. How many of you are like this you try to plan out your day? Im a list girl so i should do this all the time and ahead of time so that I know what im gonna have and do and what to lay out for dinner and so on. My body better appreciate this dang fruit cause it is awful!

Ok Ok i have rambled enough i better get a little bit of work done before i leave for school. Ill try and check back in today later chickies......

Britt
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 11:23 AM   #257  

Carmen - the Biggest Loser is on channel 4 here, I think that is nbc....
Britt - congrats on the 3 pounds (even though you don't sound sure how you lost it...lol) Yes, I try to plan my eating everyday. I have it set up at work where all my on plan foods are there. Then for dinner DH is really good about cooking for me on plan......I don't change clothes to WI, I just try to wear 'kinda same weight' clothes on WI days....and I ALWAYS go to the bathroom first (need to or not) it's a quirk...

Mary - Just a note about MIL's, I have been blessed and had a wonderful one with DH#1, she treated me like her own daughter. Now with DH#2 I couldn't ask for a better one, she doesn't have a mean thought in her body. Plus she compares me to DH's x and I always come out on top. So all MIL's aren't evil (not that you ever met that)....
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 11:28 AM   #258  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Britt-

The chicken wrap was my invention-inspired by a new meal they have at Red Robin-it's called Chicken Ensalada (something like that) and it has 2 chx breasts (probably about 8oz total) rubbed in SW spices (yes a little too much sodium, I'm sure) and grilled. They serve it with a salad (i brought my own dressing for it) and sides of salsa and a lime sour cream. I just tasted the lime sour cream-I may have to try that at home with fat-free sour cream. Anyway-it was excellent. I'm always looking for restaurant meals that won't slip me up.

Last Friday I went out with this guy (first date-jury's still out) and ended up at a nice seafood and steakhouse. Now-in general, I try to avoid ordering chicken ceasar salads because anyone who's done the low carb diets has eaten 10 million of these things. However-they had a NW ceasar salad with chicken, scallops, and prawns. Fabulous! I was great on plan that night-even snuck in a glass of wine with dinner and a martini at the dance club.

I have a big family camping trip planned this weekend and hope it goes well. Mom and I have been working on a "battle" plan since two of the family's biggest diet "sabateurs" (sp?) will be there-my grandma and my SIL. So-keep your fingers crossed for me. The weather will not be great so I can just picture us all sitting around, playing games, eating and drinking. Sigh.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 11:35 AM   #259  

Hiya, chicks!

dinner went pretty well last night - the chicken breast was probably about 4oz, the pineapple salsa was probably a fruit, did have a dinner roll, but only a couple of forkfulls of the rice -- and I did have all the sorbet. And I was rewarded by not going up this morning.

The only professional baseball game I've ever seen live was in Minneapolis (on training) and they were playing the Indians! (I think the Indians won that one) -- Carmen - sounds like you did great, and wow, what a great idea with the whopper.

Sy - good for you for turning that goodie bag in - might as well give it to someone who won't feel guilty eating it - hope you kept that hat? You know, when I go to a seafood restaurant - it's such a rarity, that I always get the broiled seafood platter. My DF looooves crab cakes - but even here in VA, it seems that they are mainly pan fried.

Star - I missed the BL last night - how are they tracking it - is it by total pounds lost, or by percentages?

Jenn - about the BD cake - we have to make our own peace with these type of things - you will have a BD every year for a long time - LAWL or not -- so go ahead and have a piece of cake (smallish) and oooh and aaah over it - and if you want to - skip one of your lites? I've done this on occaision. Then, find someway to get rid of the rest of it -- have your DH take it to work?

Britt - wtg on being down -- wow THREE???? If 15 minutes on the treadmill will do that, I'll buy three -- looks like you're going to fill up that bus in no time. About planning out my food - I tend to cook stuff for more than one meal, so I'm not stumped when it's time to eat. However -- if you don't have chicken thawed, how about eggs? or tuna fish? Even veggie burgers?

Fiona - sorry about the real estate deal - something will come along -- I'm sure that you were not the only person taken in by this guy.

About Joan Crawford - have never seen Mommie Dearest, or read the book, but I do enjoy Joan Crawford movies -- in those days, it was all appearance for the public - she had a look that was strictly HERS. I've seen pictures of Faye Dunaway as Joan Crawford - amazing. (I like wire hangers - I can get more in my closet)

Hugs,
Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 11:42 AM   #260  

"Star - I missed the BL last night - how are they tracking it - is it by total pounds lost, or by percentages?"

Julie - it's percentages. The men lost like 136 pounds and the women lost like 59.....and it was really really close.....go women!! Chicks Rule!
Old 09-14-2005, 11:47 AM   #261  

Juliemarie - that lime sour cream sounds terrif - how do you think they made it? with lime rind?

Star - thanks for the update on the way the winners were calculated - MUCH MORE fair that way!
Old 09-14-2005, 11:51 AM   #262  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Julie-

I didn't see any rind in it-maybe just fresh lime juice? I think it would be a great topping for fajitas or tacos.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 11:57 AM   #263  

Juliemarie - I'd have thought that the lime juice would have thinned it out - and maybe curdled it some more? although I guess lemon juice is added to sour cream for cheesecake!
Old 09-14-2005, 12:05 PM   #264  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

I ended up watching BL last night too and i'm so glad they are doing it boy/girl and by percentage of weight lost. Those guys thought they had it in the bag, but even with the extra 5# that the girls had to add for losing a challenge, they won! I think the show is going to be good.

Sy~yes, i'm moving to CA. There are many reasons but one is that my cousins whose house i am renting, are tearing it down to build another house and it's hard to find a place for me and my baby simba. Plus i'm not so excited about another winter alone, they get long and i'm generally not happy here. Minnesota Nice has a new meaning for me now...let's just say that. Also, CA is my home, my dad, i worry about his health, my mom needs help with my handicapped brother, it just feels right that i move.

I guess i was fortunate, my xmil was a real sweetie. The only trouble i had was when xdh and i first got married, every conversation with her started with, so when are you going to have a baby?, are you pregnant yet?, are you trying?, do you want a baby now....it just got to me and xdh finally said something to her. I knew she was excited for us to have children and i hoped it would too, and she had nothing but good intentions, but it put so much pressure on me. She stopped when she realized what she was doing.
Mitchypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 01:07 PM   #265  
Britt/LAWL~Red

I also watched BL last night and might i say thats part of the reason i got my butt on the treadmill lol. I think the show was good and the clips from the season look great. Looks like Jillian is gonna go head to head with some of the guys but she can handle it. Did anyone notice that Bob said he was Nashville, TN this year? Or was i just hearing things lol. Well i was really proud of the women they lost a total of 89 lbs but their percentage was higher than the men. I had heard during the summer that it would be men vs women so i figured they would have to go with the percentage thing cause thats only fair. Cant wait for next week I hope they are 1.5 hr shows all the time so that if i dont get out of class early i can still watch part of it lol. I am supposed to get out of class at 7:30 but we havent stayed the whole time yet. Im sitting in the computer lab right now waiting for my first class to start and I have to say that I am hungry and im gonna eat lunch after this class but i might have to go ahead and eat my bar now cause im hungry and then maybe go find something else for my snack this afternoon. OK i gotta run....

Britt
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 01:13 PM   #266  

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbear
i tivoed BL. I watched Mommie Dearest tonight...didn't want to watch it while my son was awake, but I am curiously drawn to find out what the hubbub is about once and for all. I don't know if the story is true or not, but Joan Crawford cannot be a sane woman and pluck her eyebrows that way. Because of her freakish brows, my vote is for her being a child abusing psycho.
One of my all time fav movies "No more wire hangers"
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 01:39 PM   #267  

Britt- great news on the weigh-in...i think i might have to just get a treadmill I tried the mcDonald's salad once and was completly dissapointed. the apples were chewy and the grapes were sour. no were near worth the money.

But i typically plan my menu the night before. i tried to do a couple days in advance, but life is to hectic to try to keep up with what I will be able to do in three days. I also go ahead and prepare my snacks and as much as possible of my brekfast when i am cookign dinner at night. (bag up soem grapes, grill some chic for salad, cut up some mushrooms for my omlet..etc)

I also have started to seprate my meat into exact portion sizes before i freeze them when buyin in bulk. this way I am not forced to have the same meal for two/ three days just because i put the whole checken breast togtehr and had to unthaw the whole thing. i even take 3 oz and cut it up into bite size pieces ( I ussually add 3 oz to my lunch salad for my half carb)

It takes a little more time int he beginning, especialyl when i am doing the weekend full cart grocery shopping, but i know that if I mess up at the beggining of the dya and end up running late, my whole day will be thrown off.

Mary- I don't have a MIL yet, but my boyfriends mother is the sweetest thing this side of heaven and I can't imagine her ever changing. she has been introducing me as her DIL for about the past 6 months (says its a hint to her son). But since i don't have the best relationship with my mother, i am looking forward to having her as a mom soon.

Off to eat lunch
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 02:35 PM   #268  

Britt - Yes Bob, (on Biggest Loser) did say he was from Nashville.......you gonna look him up?

Down a tad at WI. Then popped in KMart to check out exercise clothes, but didn't see anything that called my name......
Old 09-14-2005, 03:09 PM   #269  

Mary: I think you counted the banana bread right. You're so good about things like that. I really admire you.

My husband just emailed me an obituary from the Houston Chronicle online. One of his former collegues from SBC died Sunday in a motorcycle accident. I remember this guy. He was really nice unless Jason had to leave work for a family emergency, like when our son was hospitalized. He had the audacity to tell Jason his priorities were out of whack... I'm still sad that the guy's dead, though. He was nice.

Michele: I'm sorry you've had a bad experience with Minnesota Nice people... I like it so much better here than I did on the west coast (grew up in Seattle and lived in CA for a while). Here in MN, you can have a conversation with the person next to you at the gas pump. You just don't do that in Seattle. You just concentrate on your SUV or Beamer and pump the gas...
jmpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 04:15 PM   #270  

About helmets - my DH wanted to know if we wanted to go to Sturgis with friends next year. Some bikes would be trailered and some would ride (us). I'm like "Hum, let me think......three days of helmet hair?" I don't think so. Bikes just aren't safe on the road anymore.
Michele - About Minn Nice - what does that mean? Here in Michigan folks can be down right rude. But if you really search you can find friendly ones.....lol