General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 04-17-2010, 06:47 PM   #76  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Howdy

Just got a minute but I wanted to say howdy and that I haven't run away. We are on vacation this week so in and out a lot.

((Everybody))

God bless,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 07:10 PM   #77  

Good evening. Just got done eating dinner and it was a meatloaf I made out of part turkey and part hamburger. It turned out pretty good. I had cauliflower with this. I wonder what makes me think dinner isn't satisfying unless I have meat. I would love to get away from this and enjoy it. At least once in awhile not have meat. I went to the store today and got some good oranges, apples, and strawberries. I walked on the treadmill today so was really happy I started out my day great.

Crystle- Hope you're having a lovely vacation.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week end.
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 03:24 PM   #78  

Having a nice lazy Sunday here today. Still plan on walking on the treadmill. Did very well at eating yesterday but did have some wine last night with DH. Its a pretty day today. Hope you're having a great day.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:35 AM   #79  

Default Good morning

My hubby took Jess hog hunting this morning. It was a total surprise for him. I hope they have the best day ever. My youngest is still sleeping. I figured since it is vacation I'd let him sleep in. So, that leaves me with some wonderful quiet time. I haven't had very much computer time this week. Or time to play with graphics for my group so I'll probably play a little when I get through catching up with everyone. Since Robert is not here I'm getting to enjoy a cup of flavored coffee, German Chocolate Cake. The best part is zero calories and a comforting flavor. Eating this weekend was not textbook but I kept my meals reasonable. Yesterday I had a breakfast burrito. Lunch was a barbacuo burrito. Snack was a fiber bar. And dinner I did eat more than I shoud as I had two tacos. I should have stopped at one but they were soooo good..LOL They had cake and ice cream and I just nibbled.

They changed how they are sending the daily tips so I won't have those to share anymore. I'll have to find another source. A personal tip if that is what you would call it is to never give up. If the scales are up remember weight fluctuates. If you fall off the wagon it only takes a second to climb back on. When you are discouraged remember this too shall pass.

Toni...I"m with you on the meat. I'd like to not eat it as often. The flavor is what I like best about meat. I love veggies and grains and all sorts of things but there are times that there is nothing as good as a piece of fish or some ground meat. I'm working on eating less by substituting with some soy products. My hubby will have none of that though. It's meat or nothing.

Solly...thanks for the chips tips.

Ellen...you are such an encouragement to try new things.

Mercee..hope you are having a super day.

((Everybody))

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 04-19-2010, 10:37 AM   #80  

Morning Ladies:

I had a very busy weekend but I did get to walk yesterday after church. I walked my 4 miles in the woods. I usually take Sunday off but I missed walking Friday and Satureday. I will get back out there today. My sister brought e 2 dresses for my birthday and they are a size smaller than I usually wear and guess what they both fir and one is linen. Yipee!! I vow to keep walking and eating well and let the scales catch up with me. This weekend I wore oneof my smaller outfits that was to tight before. I feel great.

Crystle- I hope you enjoying your vacation.

Toni- Grat job on eating well and exercising.

Well back to work have a great day everyone.
Mercee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:40 AM   #81  

Morning Crystle- We were posting at the same time. Sorry you won't be able to share those tips anymore I really enjoyed them.

Last edited by Mercee; 04-19-2010 at 10:40 AM.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:18 AM   #82  

Good morning. Just popping in for a quick visit. Haven't really got started yet this morning. Going to have oatmeal and blueberries for breakfast. Its cool here today. Hopefully it will warm up.

Crystle- Hope the guys get a hog. My son got one last time we were visiting and it was so good Your food always sounds so good. My hubby isn't a big veggie eater so its so hard to cook for him. And be healthy.

Mercee- Way to go on the walking. You're my hero..... Congrads on the dresses fitting. What a great inspiration.

Will be back later.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:00 PM   #83  

Hello everyone! I had to drive Tom to work today since his car is still in the shop and I needed to use mine. I did not want to miss water aerobics. Class was good...and tiring. I found out last week when I overslept that the class had been canceled anyway! Over the weekend I helped Tom some outside in the garden and I am paying for it now. My lungs feel like they are full of pollen, and I am tired and achy. I need to get off here in a few and go to the store. But, I am procrastinating bad!

Not much new to report. On Friday, Tom's office had a pot luck luncheon. Most of the folks he works with are Indian, and they all brought fabulous Indian foods. He brought me some samples. One was a soft steamed bread made from rice and urad dal. (a split lentil kind of dry bean) Over the weekend, we went on a quest, and found the forms to cook the little breads in, and got some batter from the Indian grocery store. I made a hot sambar- a kind of spicy stew- with veggies and we had the idli with the stew. I am working on my own adaptation of the recipes I found using brown rice. If it works out, I will share it. Once you make the batter of the dal and rice, you let it sit at room temperature to ferment. There is no leavening in it..so it is a little like sourdough. They go SO well with the spicy stew. And I was delighted to find a soft bread that is totally vegan, low fat and gluten free!

Tom actually got part of the garden done and planted over the weekend. He put in spinach and lettuce seeds in a shady area, hoping it will not be too hot for us to get something out of it. He will plant collards in that area mid summer. Its a new area he tilled and prepared. He started tilling the big garden area yesterday and hopes to finish and plant the stuff we bought plus seeds Tuesday. Seems we are always a bit late....but he has been having deadlines at work around garden planting time, then there are taxes to be done...does it ever end?

Ok, off to the store! Talk to you all later!

Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:35 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good afternoon ladies.

My weekend was busy and some unexepcted events so eating was way off. As usual.

We did not go to the big fireworks display to kick off Derby. Over 700,00 people is just too many people coming and going at one time for me. I will wait until the baby is older and we have to go. We watch most of the air show on TV and the fireworks also. Though, I slept through most of the fireworks. seem one, seen them all. Not really with this but I didn't care.

Yesterday we had the baby's 9 mo pictures made ane they are adorable. So many good ones, it was hard to choose. Then they left him with me while they went to get a new car seat and then they spent a couple hours installing it so then it was dinner time, so we just ordered pizza. So I got to spend quite a bit of time with his this weekend.

Toni, I am so proud you are eating great and walking. One day of cheating is fine. Just getting back on track is the key. I need to learn how to do that.

Crystle, enjoy your vacation and your quiet time. Hope your son gets a hog. I am going to miss your daily tips.

Mercee, I can just tell how excited you are about your smaller clothes fitting. I can hear the excitement in your typing. Great walk. Pretty soon you will blow away while you are walking.

Ellen, glad you found some bread you can eat. You are so adventurous. I wish I were more like you. I am in a rut with food.

Well got to run. Have a great evening. It has been chilly here. I plan on walking after dinner tonight.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:13 PM   #85  

Default Tore it up!

I am so excited. Not only did I walk today I walked hard. It was great. My niece went with me so I was driven to walk her hard and show her that even her old aunt can turn it up a notch..LOL She was whining, it was great. She is beginning to have some weight issues since graduating so I'm hoping this will encourage her to get started. She is actually still out there walking with my youngest. She came halfway through my workout so she wants to finish up.

Lunch was a fiber bar. I'm looking forward to something more substantial for dinner. I skipped breakfast and didn't get the munchies until around 2 and decided just to have a snack. I'm not hungry but I'm sure once I cool off and it gets a bit closer to dinner I will be.

I'm hoping to find another short newsletter that I can share with ya'll.

Ellen...your garden is sounding wonderful. Now is a really good time to get those collards planted unless you think it will freeze in your area. They say they like heat but I found the spring and early fall collards grow the best. My swish chard is going crazy right now. It has been growing since last Sept. but is going through a growth spurt right now. My beets are going to seed so I'm very excited about that. If I can harvest those I know I'll never run out of beets because I'm planting one whole garden of them when winter rolls around again. I should be planting my squashes as I'm behind but I'm being lazy.

Solly...can't wait to see the pictures of your grand baby. Sorry you missed the fireworks.

Toni..thank you for the well wishes. I can hardly wait to find out if they get one.

Gotta go post my exercise at spark people. I don't get a lot of points there so every little bit helps..LOL

Love and hugs,
Crystle

Last edited by CountryMom4Him; 04-19-2010 at 05:17 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:06 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Crystle, You go girl. What a super job! I hope you can be an inspiration to your niece. It is important to be mindful of your weight while you are young. It is so much harder for us old gals.

Where is everyone today?

We just finished a bid and luckily we were the low bidder. Now I hope everything falls into place with it. The last 3 were were low on, something happened and they were rebid or something else.

Going to my DD's tonight so my DH can help my SIL lower the baby bed. The baby is pulling up now and we don't want him to topple out.

I hope to get a walk in tonight. My legs feel better today, but yesterday I wore pain patches so that might be the reason. I've got to find out what is wrong with them. I am missing out on exercising they hurt so badly.

Toni, Ellen and Mercee, hope you are having a gret day.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:53 PM   #87  

Howdy all- Had some running around to do today. We went and picked out a new couch. Its a queen sized sleeper. Its not exactley the color I wanted but it will do. And we so needed a couch. They'll deliver it Thursday or Friday. Depending on our deck guys that are suppposed to built our deck tomorrow. Hope they get right on it and it doesn't rain. Eating didn't go so good had some taco's at taco bell for lunch.

Solly- Get that baby bed fixed. That little one is growing. I swear I go one step forward and two back with the eating.

Crystle- You're doing so good. Hope you got to walk today. I haven't yet but will try to later.

Well better go do something. I just woke up from a nap.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:41 AM   #88  

Whoopie I lost 1lb. this week. I'm at my ticker weight at last.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:27 AM   #89  

Morning ladies:

I am happy to report I am down 2lbs. I will walk the woods again today. I am getting addicted to walking. (whoever would have thought it) LOL

Toni- Congrats on your loss. Great job. Keep up the good work.

Crsytle- Great job walking. It is so funny I walk with my neice also she is getting ready to go on a cruise and ordred all of her dresses 1 size smaller and now she can get them on but they are still tight. She and her hubby are not leaving until mid-June so she still has time. I told her I am simply walking for my health.

Solly- I hope your legs are feeling better. I also hope you bid is accepted.
It is great how much you enjoy your grandchild.

Ellen- Your garden sounds wonderful.

Have a great day everyone. I will try and check in later.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:16 PM   #90  

Mercee- Congrads on the nice loss. Keep up that walking.....

Okay now where are you all? Get your butt over here...