Old 09-22-2009, 12:47 PM   #541  

Height: 5'6"

Hi Ladies!!!
I'm back from vacation in the Smoky's. We got back Sunday night and I didn't get a chance to post on here yesterday. We had an awesome time!! I told dh, look what we've been missing for the last almost 14 years!

We went shopping in the outlet malls in Pigeon Forge and Sevierville and got some great deals on Reeboks and Adidas and some clothes. We went to Cade's Cove, a beautiful valley in the mountains where an old settlement was and we saw 4 black bear sightings. We walked the strip in Gatlinburg which was fun. We went hiking to a gorgeous waterfall and on the way back down from the falls we saw a mama bear and her two cubs at a fairly close distance, dh got some great video of it. It was supposed to be raining the whole time but God blessed us with some beautiful weather and while it did rain some it didn't hinder anything we wanted to do. Our cabin was cozy and secluded with a beautiful view of the mountains, we had a good time there too
Took the kids to this cool museum/fun house and happened to come in on a day where is was free for homeschoolers, dh was very happy about that because he had been complaining about how much it was going to cost.

The food was great, hence my 2.5 lb gain , but I don't care, it was totally worth it. It was so nice to not have any of the cares and worries of home and just be carefree for a few days. We agreed that we are going to start doing this every year. Anyway, I guess you guys can tell I'm excited.

Also, dh saw the infomercial on P90X and he wants me to get it so we are ready to get back on track. I probably won't make my September goal but that's ok.

Delphi I'm really sorry to hear what you are going through
ruth135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:26 PM   #542  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Just a quick hi, need to workout and then run out for a hair cut and maybe I'll have a minute later to catch up! The scale is down again to 166.8! This is weird but good. TTFN
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:42 PM   #543  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Ahhhh rain rain rain! I love it on days when I don't have to work, hate it when I do. *sighs* South Texas does need it though.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:23 PM   #544  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'0"

Tummy girl: I want to see that new hair cut.. Hope you have a good time. Tlk to you soon.
mystical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:30 PM   #545  

Height: 6'1

mystical- kickboxing is a lot of fun. I have been doing it on and off for so many years though that its kinda lost the novelty. Right now I am obsessed with zumba. But I know a lot of the KB music from the radio so I almost always get pumped up.

tummy- Wow, you are on a roll.

ruth- your vacation sounds like a lot of fun. Thats so cool that you spotted some bears. I'm sure your vacay weight will be right off again once you start your routine again.

jasonslea- I miss the rain sometimes. It hardly ever rains over here. But I'm like you, only love the rain when I'm not at work. It seems that everyone forgets how to drive around here with it rains.
shasha17a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 03:08 PM   #546  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

mystical-Good for you for sticking with everything when the scale isn't cooperating! You WILL see results, somtimes it just takes some time. It's so great that DH is kinda cheering you on there, wanting to join a gym and all. Oh, how'd the bathroom cleaning go? I HAD to do mine right away in the morning or I woul've found some excuse not to do it! LOL

SG-You're absolutely right. The run/walk was still great activity...just think of it as intervals! They're great for ya!! I think changing time of day for workouts can mess with ya a little. In winter I may have to do afternoon runs and I'm already thinking, "Will my body perform the same for me in the afternoon?" Hope things calm down a touch for you, but I know how it is. It's homecoming week at DH's school this week and he's got a LOT on his plate!

ruth -Oh man, you vacation sounds WONDERFUL! So glad you all had a good time. DH and I love to travel like that. We don't go anywhere exotic, but we have a great time just enjoying wherever we go. That is so great that you're going to make it an annual thing! The kids are probably thrilled too. Those 2.5 pounds will come off quickly since it was just a temporary change in diet that did it. Sometimes it's good to just relax and enjoy when it's such a rare occassion! (As long as you get back on track ASAP afterwards. LOL)

Well, I've been POP today. I even looked up P90X online and checked prices on ebay and stuff. It may be a good winter program for me, since I live in northern Wisconsin! I know a lot of my routine will change in winter, but that may be a GOOD change. I'm already thinking about how the cold weather will effect my training and how I can adjust. I do not want to be one of those that gets so close to goal then can't adjust for the winter and plateaus. I'm feeling a lot more like myself now and it's a good time to make plans while my mindset is right!
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 03:54 PM   #547  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Happy first day of Fall!

Thanks for the support friends

I ended up having to call the bank and talk to some other representativ. She was really helpful, so things did get straightened out and we signed all the papers this morning. I get the keys to my new place tomorrow . I am still trying to convince DH that painting the place ourselves is not a terrible idea and would save us a ton of money. He'd rather hire professional painters.

I might have limited computer time for the rest of the week so I probably will not make it in here much, but I will be thinking of you.
Newshinyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 04:02 PM   #548  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Congrats NSM!!!!!

Had to get that in even though I'm doing a super fast fly by yet again--just want to touch base and make sure you girls are drinking your water!!!

Been cleaning the kitchen and purging organizing the pantry all day--tomorrow I start on the cupboards! Fun stuff...

Anyway I'll be back for personals later! I see there's a lot to catch up on!!! Be good while I'm gone!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 07:37 PM   #549  
April

S/C/G: 203/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6''

So just a little rant... My sister, the pregnant one, went shopping with me today. So we picked up rice to go with pork chops and corn... A typical dinner for my bf and I. So I get home from work, make supper, and she throws a tantrum because she expected me to fry her up some french fries??? She doesn't like either corn or rice, but fails to tell me this all day when she knew what I was planning to make. So I told her that she should try to eat something not fried, and woah. I get it she's pregnant and all, but I can't read minds and I don't eat fried foods all that often, like once a month maybe. And the only time I eat fries is with burgers... lmao. She just expected me to know that she wanted deep fried steak fries?? All she had to do was ask me to prepare something special and I would have. But come on... I work all day, while she sits and home and then has the nerve to tell me my cooking isn't what she wanted??? RAWR!!!! Alright... I think I'm better now.

Other news. Ate POP all day... so far. and The Biggest Loser is on in 25 minutes and counting!!!

Have a great night gals!!
aprilcp12344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 07:52 PM   #550  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

sandye - congrats on meeting goal! spaghetti squash... mmm. I like it with lots of peppers and onions, and a low fat turkey sausage link.

tummy - nice on the weight loss.

so i'm back in the fight. I ran 2.5 miles today, my longest EVER. so i feel good.

and on to homework!
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:52 PM   #551  

Whew! Finally! A chance to catch up with my girls!!!

Bootsie~ WTG on the loss hun! That's awesome! 5 lbs is pretty big loss!!

Jellofer~ you're doing great! Keep it up!!

Delphi~ Sorry you're still not having any luck with a house--how about your friend, is she getting anywhere? Congrats on the lb down hun! I know it's not nearly as fun given what you're going through, but I'm not going to let it go without being recognized. Hang in there girlie!!

KimL~ man, I dunno, I don't have any suggestions. As I've been eating healthier, I've been spending way more money on food--but I think with some tweeking I'll be able to cut back some. Perhaps check over on the food board here and ask the girls over there.

MsP~ WTG on the loss and the super long run! That's fantastic! Ya know, I forgot to tell you, when I was doing one of my first 20 min runs, I kept saying to myself, "it's as natural as breathing" over and over again--your words really helped keep me going that day!! You gotta try that lasagna sometime--but like I said, give yourself lots of time for prep!! In fact, make the sauce the night before, do your chopping the next morning and then start cooking (the onions, spinach and squash) and assembling a couple of hours before you want to eat--just to be on the safe side. You're looking into the P90X too? I got mine on eBay for $59 but it took the guy forever to ship it (just shipped yesterday)--if it's all there and a good copy, I'll give you the guy's name if you want it. I'm with ya on the cold weather--not sure what I'm going to do about running...the thought of running on a treadmill for 3 miles----I don't know if I could stand to look at my cement basement wall for that long, and running outside? I dunno...we'll have to see!

SG~ Sorry to hear you're so busy, but busy can be good right? Ya know, I had a pretty cruddy run on Saturday. I posted over on the Exercise board with the Running in Sept group and all the ladies there said the same thing, "not every run is going to be a good one, but you will have better ones so just keep running". Today my run was so much better! I even shaved about a minute and a half off my previous best time! I think it's just to be expected, some workouts are better than others, some suck! Congrats on the fantastic inches lost girlie! That ROCKS!!! Ahhh, don't you just love seeing those numbers go up, up, up?

April~
ahh, well, see if I was shopping all by my lonesome I wouldn't complain one single bit--but you see, I have these two little heathens... Actually, they weren't too bad today and I drug them to 3 different stores!! My hubby's a meat and potatoes kind of guy, but surprisingly picky too--especially when I bust out some meatless recipe. However, since he's working and I'm the one cooking--he either has to eat it or make his own dinner! Besides, he really should be eating a lot healthier!! LOL Your sister is crackin' me up! Well, now you know that your pg sister needs you to be able to read her mind and that you should probably be prepared to make her fries at a moments notice! Hang in there hun!

shasha
~ congrats on the loss!! Glad to hear Zumba was fun! Sounds like you're working those lunch hour workouts! WTG!!

Molly
~ sounds like you're rockin' and rollin' chickie!! Hope you met your goal today for a POP day!!!

Mystical~ Aw hun, I'm just speakin' the truth dear! You CAN do this! You have such a great outlook and your whole attitude is so fantastic, how could you not do whatever you set your mind to? Man, I need to take lessons from you ladies who cut up veggies before you need them--I have zero prep skills! I am always scrambling at the last minute to get things done...well, with the exception being the lasagna! I learned my lesson there! I really need to start doing some meal planning and prep work like chopping/slicing/cooking/freezing...I know it would make things a whole lot smoother! Have fun on the road with hubby tomorrow!

Ruth~ I was just thinking about you today! So glad to hear you had such a wonderful time on vacation!! Wow, that must have been so cool to see a mama bear and her cubs!!! Now, I expect you to start planning your next vacation ASAP! Why stop at just one? Take a few long weekends! Plan a couple vacations a year! Don't sweat that teensy gain, it'll be gone in no time flat!! Glad you're back and maybe you and I could start the P90X together! Mine was finally shipped yesterday by the yahoo I ordered it from on eBay (took him long enough, geez!) so I hope to have it tomorrow or the next day, but I'll probably wait until Oct to start it--cuz I'm anal like that.

Tummy
~ oooh, a hair cut? You are going to show us right? RIGHT?

JasonsLea~ I love rain too! Love it, love it, love it!!!

dcapulet~ Congrats on the 2.5 miles!!! That's awesome!!! And thanks for the spaghetti squash tip--I had it again today...I'll probably finish it off tomorrow too! It's good stuff Maynard!!

Whew! Okay so let's see...went shopping at 3 different stores to get ingredients for breakfast bars/cookies that I never made because when I got home I realized that I had no place to put said ingredients and there was even more stuff without a home because my pantry was an insane mess so I figured I should clean that before I made a mess in my kitchen, but first I had to make lunch for the girls and then I had to shoot a few emails to my mom, check in here and do a fly by post and then I wanted to clean the kitchen before I attacked the pantry so I had to do that then I unleashed my inner Xena like Tummy did and I tore apart the pantry and put it back together all nice and tidy!!!

How's that for a run-on sentence?

I'm still not done in the kitchen though. I now have to find a place for all of the paper plates/plastic utensils/napkins that were in the pantry and that means I should probably tackle my laundry room to make room for it there. Sigh...I hate cleaning the laundry room! But, I'll do it because if I don't it's going to drive me bananas and I need to get this stuff off of my island!!!

So, play date tomorrow so now breakfast bars/cookies to take with us. I guess I'll just have to make them tomorrow sometime.

Scale was up .4 today, but I figured it would be so I'm not too bothered by it.

Got my 3 mile run in today, shaved about 1.5 mins off my best time so that made me happy--especially after my uber crappy run on Saturday.

Well, I better get going. It's almost 10:00 and I need to get to sleep! Hope everyone has a great night!! I'll catch y'all tomorrow!
Old 09-22-2009, 10:54 PM   #552  
Giovanna

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi chickies It's been close to a week (maybe more-when you are my age time is just, well it doesn't just fly, its more like vapor-you'll see someday!) since my last post. I had gotten down to 172.something, and spent the next week or two (who knows) inching up and down between 173 and 176, grrr! I stayed OP and worked out 5-6 times a week. This morning I was back to 172.5. Will I spend the next two weeks going up and down? This is so discouraging! Anyway, I am hanging in there. Congrats to all of you losers! Way to go to you maintainers , and to those of you who are struggling,don't give up the fight. and happy Autumn to all!
Late to the game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:14 PM   #553  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

So I was reviewing my September goals, to make sure I would make them, and I figured out something important: If you say you want to lose 10 pounds, make sure you note your starting weight! *bonks head* Lol, I think it was 187.5. I checked my fitday and that's the closest I can get I think. So, hopefully if TOM hurrys up and leaves in peace, I think I can make that goal. My others were to do 30DS on level 2 or 3 with no 5 second breaks. Well, I managed level 1 with no breaks, so tomorrow I will try level 2. I haven't been doing 30 DS because the weather here had been nice and cool finally. They called for rain all last week and it showed up today. As for those pesky old jeans I wanted to fit into, I can buton them, and if I absolutely had to wear them, I could, but not very comfortably. They are a non-stretchy jean, so no mercy, lol.

Hope everyone had a nice day! BL made me cry for most of it again. I'm such a ball of emotion over this show.
Nella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:36 AM   #554  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

for everyone
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:39 AM   #555  

Good morning ladies!

Mom~ Nice to see you posting!! Man alive, you are the poster child for determination and will power! You have dealt with Darth Scale for soooo long now and yet you keep on truckin'!!! You're AMAZING!!! Others would have thrown in the towel long ago--but not you!! You're my hero!!! So glad you'll be coming out soon! We can do tag team posts!! I want to try lots of new recipes while you're here and hopefully by then I'll have found a good breakfast bar/cookie recipe that you can take home with you! Hope you have a great day!!!

Nella~ aww man! Hey, did you post your starting weight at the beginning of the challenge? Maybe you can go back through the threads and look? Either way, keep up the great work, you've done a great job this month!!

Well, TOM showed up today. Boo/Yay--he brought with him .4 lbs so I'm up to 137.8--this is like deja vu of the 150 lb goal isn't it? So close, then, up-up-up...ah well, I'm not sweatin' it. I didn't expect to make my final goal by the end of the month anyway.

Woke up an hour late today! I hate when I do that! It throws my entire morning off!! Managed to get my workouts in, I'm eating breakfast now and then I'll hit the shower and get myself and the girls ready for the play date. Part of me doesn't want to go at all, but I know I need to--I can't let myself get reclusive again!

Anyway, that's about all from me. I hope you ladies have an awesome day and don't forget to...

Drink Your Water and Take Your Vitamins!!!