Old 09-29-2009, 10:34 PM   #676  
Giovanna

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Oh for cryin out loud! I just spent 40 MINUTES doing personals and lost it with one stroke! Grrrr!! I really had a lot to say, was almost done, and was going to add all kinds of cute smilies! I really want to go back and start again, but it's 7:16 and I haven't showered since my workout or had dinner, and the alarm goes off at 4:30, sooooo.......sorry! : to all who need it, and to all who had a good week! to any who need it!

This morning I said helloooo to a new decade. I'm not changing my ticker yet, but I weighed in at 169.8. If I lose .6 by tomorrow, I will make my September goal (7 lbs of my 7-10 lbs goal). I'm not counting on it, but the way the first three weeks of this month went, I am quite pleased. I think October may just be the month that I see real progress. Here's to a stong finish to September!
Late to the game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:27 PM   #677  
Giovanna

Well what do you know? I found my personals!

Hi chickies!

TUMMY ~ Wow! What a difference! I may just have to check out the P90X thing when I visit Sandye in November! Confession time: I find that I am flexing! I see progress, can't wait til the fat is gone. I think my arms may be Michelle Obama-like then! Woo hoo on 60 lbs! That is huge! Be careful in the dark Any news, TOM-wise?

SUSIE ~Good to see you checking in!

NELLO ` Ow, I hope you are not out of commission too long This might be a good time to really concentate on your upper body, you could have the most sculpted arms here! Size 8? Wowza!

MISS MALEE ~ I have to admit when I first read "when I quit my Coke habit..." I thought the worst LOL! Those darn charity chocolate bars get me every time! Stay focused on school, that's the most important thing!

SHASHA How is that SB coming along? I thought about trying that. It sounds pretty healthy.

IMDEDICATED ~ Welcome. At first glance I thought you were "Immedicated!" Not that there is anything wrong with that! I tried the low carb in the 90s, lost 23 lbs (which was plenty at that time), but of course gained it all back plus 20. I would never go that route again. Good luck to you!

SG ~ Isn't is strange how our bodies adapt to our new healthy diet so quickly? One little detour and we suffer so!

SANDYE ~ Thanksgiving should be no sweat for you this year. You will be MAINTAINING by then , you now like veggies, you know how to make a good low-cal cheesecake, no prob! Sunday was nice, I stayed OP, unlike all of the other get-togethers this summer. Wish I was there now, but November will be here before you know it! Cut DH a little extra slack for now. You know how wimpy they are when they're hurt!

UROCK ~ : hope everything settles down for you soon. on the 5 lbs!

MSP ~ 10 lbs from goal! Wow! Congrats on getting to start the new house! How exciting! And congrats on goal.

FSA ~ Welcome back, we missed you Sorry to hear of your troubles

JELLO ~ Hope DH feels better soon. I tell people about this site all the time! I wish I had found it sooner. These chicks rock!

JESSICA ~ Evil hormones! I am dealing with the other end of the spectrum (hot flashes and such). Good to hear that your milk supply isn't affected. I always had such trouble with my supply.

RUTH ~ Here's hoping October is a better month for you!

S\MYSTICAL ~ It seems that September was rough for a lot of us. Let's rock October!

Good night all.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:49 AM   #678  

S/C/G: 310/169/155

Height: 5'5"

Hi ladies having a not so great day today. My computer crashed so I am having to write this on my iPod. So sorry but I can't do personals good news is my laptop is under warranty, bad news is that it will probably take a few weeks to get fixed so I am stuck surfing the net on this stupid little screen.

Anyways still on this freakin neverending period which is going on it's d@&$$&& third week now. Scale is up 4 pounds today so I am cranky and really pissy. Figured I would check in to try and cheer up. Hope everyone is doing good
jessicado22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:50 AM   #679  
my beautiful mess

S/C/G: 197/179/145 or so

Chickies,

I officially hit overweight today. And made it to 179. Which I am calling a win for September!

Have a fabulous day. See you in October's thread!
inthemidst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:57 AM   #680  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 226/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Hey Chickies!

Just a quick post. Internet is on again, off again at home and wouldn't you know it... just about the time I sit down to post... it's off. I'm still here, hanging in there with my crazy scale and contemplating having my husband hide the darned thing for a while so I can regain my healthy attitude. However, I am pretty obsessed with making onederland so I don't know if that will actually happen.

Congratulations on everyone's successes and to those of you struggling... hang in there! October is a fresh month and HERE WE COME!
Shrinking Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:17 AM   #681  
Giovanna

Good morning chickies!

JESSICA ~Three weeks!? Holy cow! Is your laptop a Mac by chance? Mine just crashed too!

ITM ~Congrats on reaching overweight!

SG ~I hear you on the scale issue. Mine was evil until just recently, damn those plateaus! Hang in there

Well, I did it! Not only did I lose .6 to make GOAL, I lost .8! I'm sitting at 169 this morning! I still can't believe it, I was stalled out for so long!

Hope you all have a wonderful day, see you in October
Old 09-30-2009, 08:19 AM   #682  
I'm his Princess!

S/C/G: 270/236/160

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Late to the game View Post
IMDEDICATED ~ Welcome. At first glance I thought you were "Immedicated!" Not that there is anything wrong with that! I tried the low carb in the 90s, lost 23 lbs (which was plenty at that time), but of course gained it all back plus 20. I would never go that route again. Good luck to you!
Lol....I am medicated lol....no...thanks for the welcome!

Congrats to everyone who made goal!

Last edited by Imdedicated; 09-30-2009 at 08:20 AM.
Imdedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:44 AM   #683  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Goooooooooooooooood Morning and Happy Last Day of September to all of you beautiful ladies!!!!

kurtmaben~ congratulations on a great loss!!!

Nella~ Congrats on the pre-married size 8's!!!! That's awesome!!! I can't wait to see your Official Weigh In, but I'll go ahead and say it: Congrats on making your September Goal!!! Woo hoo!!

Shasha
~ how goes SB? I hope good! I'd say you did pretty great in Sept considering all the trips and visits you had--you could have gained a ton and never worked out! So give yourself a pat on the back for all the good choices and exercise you did!!

Ruth~ Hey hun, yeah, we all have weeks/months like that--just look at my Mom--she's been bouncing around all month! I think sometimes our bodies just need a little extra time to get used to the changes we're putting them through and need a little time to adjust so to speak. Not to mention, it takes time to settle into a good eating/exercising routine. I bet October will be a great month for you! I'm glad you'll be sticking around!!

MsP
~ On the house!!! Oh that's such awesome news! Congrats!! And congrats on meeting your goal! That's right, I said it, CONGRATS! You deserve to make that goal dangit! Bummer about not being able to do Pilates anymore, but better safe than sorry. It's a good thing you had a dr to tell you it was doing harm, otherwise you might have just kept plugging along and wound up in agony! Have a great run today!! Hey, I'd love to hear about your new 5K program btw!

Mystical
~ Way to go on the basement!! Aww, that's so sweet of your hubby to get you stuff for scrap booking! And how nice to have a place all to yourself to do it in! I had a spot for all my sewing stuff--still do, but it's buried! I absolutely MUST get my basement in order before Monday so I can have a place to do my P90X workout! Hope your night wasn't too crazy with all the driving around and such! I KNOW October is going to be a GREAT month for you hun!!! Oh, and thanks for the kind words about hubby, he's fine--his arm is a little sore, but much better!!

Nello
~ oh no!!! I'm so sorry about your achilles!! Man oh man, that's one area you don't want to injure! You're right to be happy that you caught it early--you could have torn it completely! I'm sure you'll do just fine with your weight--just keep doing the upper body workouts and stay OP with eating and you'll be just fine. Just take care of that foot girlie!!!

Mom~ On the Panties!!! It's about dang time and you totally deserve a metal for toughing out all the ups and downs this month!!! WTG on not overindulging on Sunday--can you say 'new lifestyle habits'? You're doing an awesome job! I just know October will be your month!! You'd love it here this week, chilly, breezy--totally Fall! Except the leaves aren't in their full glory yet--which is a good thing since you won't be here for a month!! Have a great day! Hope Darth is kind to you today and that you get to change your ticker today!!! I just saw your latest post!!! WOO HOO!!! You did it!!! Congratulations on Making Goal!!! That's freakin' awesome!!! Yee haw!!!

Jessica~ aw man! Sorry to hear about your computer! I hate it when that stuff happens! Glad you have a way to check in though--it would stink to have you go MIA!!! Dang it all--TOM is such a JERK!!! Sorry to hear he's still messing with you--and clearly toting around a ton of water weight, that would make me uber pissy as well!! Hang in there hun, perhaps you should make an appt with your dr just to be on the safe side? Not sure how you feel about bc, but there's always that option to regulate your cycles and they have the low dose ones so you can still nurse.

ITM~ Congratulations hun!!! You did great!!! Here's to another great month!!

SG~ Ack! Not you too! Dang computers!!! I hope it's back to normal soon! I hear ya on the scale--there have been many times I've wanted to stash it somewhere so I didn't obsess, however, I'd have to not know where it is to do that, so hubby would definitely have to be called in to hide it.

Imdedicated~ ya know what, I thought the same thing about your screen name when I first saw it! Guess my mom (LTTG is my mom btw ) and I think alike huh?

Okay ladies, well it is the Last Day Of September!!!! Congrats to everyone who made their goals!!!! And for those of you who didn't, Congrats anyway! You did great anyway!! You took steps to a healthier you!!! We're on the cusp of a brand new month--a time to wipe the slate clean and start fresh! Make it the best month ever! Make sure to make time to take care of YOU!!!! You're so very worth it!!!

Well, since it is the last day and all I guess I should post my ending weight huh? Okay, here goes...

134.4!!!!!!

I did it! I really, really did it! I still can't believe it. Here I sit, typing to you wonderful ladies--AT GOAL!!!!!!! I could NEVER have done it without you all! No way, no how--NEVER!!! I can't thank you all enough! I wish I could meet you all in person and give you all giant hugs and buy you all a round of drinks (low-cal of course! )!!! I owe you all so very much! You'll never know how much I truly appreciate all the motivation, encouragement, kindness, inspiration and laughs you've shared with me.

Whew! I'm all weepy now...

Now, I hope you know you're not getting rid of me just because I'm at goal. Nope. I can't be gotten rid of so easily! I need you girls to keep me in check and who else to keep me motivated than the Best bunch of girls around?

Okay, well, I'm off to start my day. I got up late, got my HIIT in and decided to do my ST'ing this afternoon *gasp* I know, I know--that's not how I normally do things--I'm kinda freaking out about it as I type, what with me being just the teensiest bit OCD I'll definitely get it in though--I can't end the month with an incomplete workout now can I? No way!

Have a superfantastic day girls!!! Thank you a million times over from the bottom of my heart!!!

Now get out there and end the month strong!!! And don't forget to...

Drink Your Water and Take Your Vitamins!!!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:58 AM   #684  
I'm his Princess!

S/C/G: 270/236/160

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDream View Post
Imdedicated~ ya know what, I thought the same thing about your screen name when I first saw it! Guess my mom (LTTG is my mom btw ) and I think alike huh?
lol....good to know....that's cool....yes I guess you do think alike lol

You all can call me Cle.....short for Cletra...my name lol....
Imdedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:21 AM   #685  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Sandye- and You made GOAL!! That's is SO freaking awesome!!! (Guess you have to slightly alter your October goals.) I could not be more thrilled for you. Can you believe you're in maintenance?!?! Oh my gosh! I'm just so excited for you. Who knew I could be this excited to see someone else reach their goal? I just can't believe how totally pumped I am on your behalf! You totally deserve it. You've been a rock...so steady on your plan, that this is well-earned!

LTTG-AWESOME! You reached monthly goal! Oh my gosh, you have perservered through the dreaded plateau with incredible strength. It's so funny to me that you lost seven pounds and you're thinking maybe next month will be your month. YOU LOST 7 POUNDS!!! This was your month, too! You did a fantastic job, don't down-play it!! I hear ya though. It feels different when there's a plateau or lots of ups and downs in a given month...not as much fun, but maybe that's just how your body works. I think it's terrific that you and Sandye are doing this together. I know my mom wants to lose, but it's hard after a certain age and it can be easy to get discouraged. That's why I'm so encouraged by you and your progress. Keep up the good work!

Well, I actually officially reached September goal today. I hit 143.8 which puts me just under my goal of 144. I'm so glad I officially hit the mark, cuz in my head that's what really counts! LOL Today's run was CHILLY! Brrrr... Makes me cold just thinking about it. But I was prepared. I actually ran wearing my mittens and long underwear, under my other clothes of course. (It was in the upper 30's here, people.) I did go, though. I already want a treadmill! I was thinking I could brave it, and I will for a little while longer, but then I seriously may have to start running at the high school. The community can use their nice workout room that has all the machines and stuff, but the hours are limited. I haven't run on a treadmill for quite a long time, too. So, that'll be an adjustment for sure. Oh well...time to go shower!

Last edited by Ms Perception; 09-30-2009 at 09:22 AM.
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:50 AM   #686  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

Happy dance for iDream for reaching her GW!!!! That must be an awesome feeling!

Congrats to everyone else for their big accomplishments this month! We kicked September's butt, now let's move on to October and wreak havoc!

I forgot to weigh in this morning, but I know I've hit my 10 pound loss goal, so Wahoo!! And I'm in another old pair of jeans (and a smaller bra!!!) so I'm psyched!

Have a great day everyone!!!!
Nella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:56 AM   #687  
Sensewear and WW

S/C/G: 230/195.2/164

Height: 5'9"

Sandye -Awesome job!!! Enjoy maintenance!
nellonello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:12 AM   #688  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Sandye - Ok, you know I care about you a little too much now that I'm going to post nasty pictures of my messy basement online, lol, alright, this is how I have mine set up. I just stand over by the telepost and pull down on an angle to get the proper aligment for the pullups. The video, Chest and Back has a good explanation of how to use the bands at the right angle in the second half of the video so maybe watch that one before Monday so you get the idea b/f starting. I did it wrong until I got to the explanation and I was already half through.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 001.jpg (30.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 002.jpg (32.5 KB, 5 views)
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:09 AM   #689  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Morning all, now onto some personals, now that everyone has seen my basement

Sandye - OMG, you made me cry this morning! I'm so incredibly proud of you! That just came out of nowhere too, you were all bouncing around and then wham! Now you can juat rip it out with the strength training and you'll be a force to be reckoned with. Not to mention you'll look fantastic in you pictures for that magazine Oh and I did take the test yesterday and it appears I'm not which is a relief I can't even tell you. But he's still not here so it appears that the fat loss combined with the STing has pre-empted it this month. I did get a that day of sort of TOM, the pms, the pimples (grrr) and the tiredness and now I feel back to normal so it may be over. Very odd. And no worries, I hope to be carring the monthly challenge baby next year sometime if we are fortunate enough but I'll be uber healthy then and we'll know if there is any reason why we should or shouldn't try again. That will be such a relief on it's own. How's dh doing today? Poor guy good thing he got apple fritters. And Delphi moved on Tuesday I believe so we should have her back soon I hope.

Nella - on making those goals!! You did it all we just got to cheer you on, good for you on all that hard work and woohoo on the 8's and even if they run big, there's an 8 on the tag and that's all that counts in my book!

Shasha - Glad you're still doing good, I belive it gets easier as you go too so hang in there.

Ruth - It has been a funky month that's for sure, so many weird body things going on with a lot of folks. I have no doubt that October will be better once you're body's realized it just can't be sick, it's simply not allowed. I so hear you on feeling thin again, it's like reclaiming yourself or something, very liberating. And yes, it does seem to be melting, it's pretty crazy but I'm getting into that last 20lbs so I'm going to have to buckle down and ready for some slower moving stuff soon. I'm taking lessons from Sandye on that one.

MsP - on goal!! WTG on 143's! That's fantastic! I find that with pilates a bit too, go figure, it puts some strain on my back afterwards, that totally makes sense what he said too, the things you learn! I haven't found that issue with yoga at all though. Congrats on the house too, that's wonderful news and a long time coming too! LOL, we were slightly below freezing this morning too, mittens and headband to keep my ears warm in the wind and leggings too, it's freezing that early, but good job on getting it done b/c I know how hard that is

Mystical - LOL, with the amount we spent of groceries and our truck yesterday I think it was for more than us for sure. So how did you son's try-outs go? And I think we are going to rename October after you and Ruth b/c I have a feeling you guys are going to pull it out this month. You've got the tools and the planning and the motivation and we're always here with a swift kick in the behind if you need that too.

Nello - Ok, that officially blows. I'm so sorry but that's true about the good stuff too, concentrating on food and upper body for the next 12 weeks and you can still lose.

LTTG - WTG on the 160's that's amazing, you really just starting dropping right at the end there. Dang smilies, lol, that's what get's me too. I think we're all a bunch of closet flexers now, lol, checking out our bad selves, it's about time we all showed ourselves some love No TOM but no preggers either so we're good, confused but good.

Jessicado - That's those darn hormones for you, they have a nasty way of doing crazy things to our bodies. And you did drop a monster amount of weight this month it may just be evening out too, I've had that happen as well, and I remember Delphi having the same issue after big losses. Hang in there and I feel you on the ipod, lol, i did that on vacation and it was a bit nasty.

Inthemidst - OverweightWTG that's fantastic, everyone's just making it in there this month, how awesome! Must feel great and now "normal" is just around the corner!

SG - I was wondering where you'd run off too, but now I see you throwing your scale against the wall. Hang in there hun, and if it's making you crazy then maybe try some time apart from it, we need a happy healthy shrinking girl

Well another month is behind us and another crazy amount of weight has been lost yet again. It's been such an eventful month both on and off the scale too, just crazy. I must say I'm so proud to be a part of such an amazing group of ladies who have decided to put themselves and their health first in the priority list once again, you're all inspiring to me daily and are a big part of me keeping on everyday.

Finished a polar run this morning, below freezing it was, brrrr, but got it done and that's what counts, so we're off to playgroup as soon as we shower and I get the peanut butter out of dd's hair (yes mom, my hair IS a napkin), then home and STing and Abs then off to the big town over yonder to pick up our truck that is now all ready for winter and has a working back wiper (it's been broken for a year, so excited) And I think we're going to have family movie night tonight and watch Monsters vs Aliens so all in all a very busy day so I better get a move on!

On a shocking and amazing note, somewhere somehow, my body lost another 1.4lbs this morning to hit 161.8 making that 14lbs for the month. Not going to question it just going to do a happy dance and move on, oh and maybe revise my goal for October to hit 151 instead, lol.

Have an amazing day ladies and we'll see you all in October!
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:19 AM   #690  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

just a run by!

dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote