Old 09-20-2009, 11:47 PM   #511  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Hey there Ladies,

Just a quickie here, very tired tonight and up early tomorrow.

Delphi - I'm hoping your friend comes through, social workers can often do some amazing things and have tons of connections

MsP - I am having trouble walking after that run this morning. I fear trying to get out of bed tomorrow, it's gonna hurt. I would call it a 6 minute sprint for sure but I look forward to a time that I can actually maintain that for the duration and it doesn't feel so incredibly difficult b/c that was frickin hard. Congrats on your run today too over in the other thread, awesome time!

Off to the big city tomorrow but I'll come visit b/f we head out.
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:20 AM   #512  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

hi all,

MIA cause i'm sick. i've been nearly demolished by something that may or may not be the flu. UGH! i hate being sick :/
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 06:33 AM   #513  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Good Morning Ladies

Should be another busy day for me. That is, when I get some boxes. Pretty much at a stand still without them. I have a big list of places to call to change my address to but no address to change it to. But we are working on it.

You ladies have a great day and think happy thoughts.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 06:36 AM   #514  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 226/ticker/175

Hello everyone.

No time for personals and as I haven't been on all weekend they'd take forever. I have read everyone's news though and I hope everyone is doing well and that Delphi... something comes through for you!

I went to a party Saturday night, I'm not sure if I stayed within my calories (so hard to tell) but if I went over, I definitely didn't go over maintenance so that's not terrible... I do, however, have some serious carbohydrate bloat going on... the scale is up a couple of pounds. Trying to pee it out!

Too foggy to run this morning so I'll be forced to do it after work, not sure if I'll go to the park and brave the geese or stay on the roads and brave the business that is the streets at that time of day. All I know is that I am NOT running in the dark fog again, well... not as dense as it is today! No way, not gonna do it.

Okies, hope everyone has a great, OP day!
Shrinking Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 09:36 AM   #515  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Goooooooooooooooood Morning Girlies!!!!!!

Nella~ thanks hun! I love me a good bargain--it makes my inner cheapskate so very happy! Ahhh, ex's can be a pain! I'm so happy hubby's ex and he never had kids! I never, ever have to see or hear from her!

Jellofer~ WTG hun! You're doing great! I love the positivity you've got going on!!!

Tummy~ your hubby is a smart man! Hope that shopping helps to calm the beast! I gotta tell ya, I seriously don't have a clue when it comes to fashion, so when I hear 'sheath' I'm not thinkin' dress, if ya kwim It makes me giggle every time I read it! I love that dress and truth be told...it is the teensiest bit loose, but taking it in isn't needed just yet--it's perfect when I sit down and my big ol' booty fills it out! WTG on that super fast time girlie!!! Man alive--you're a speed demon! Send Zena's strength and speed my way will ya?

Jessica~ OMGosh I love your new avatar! You are such a beauty!!! Good for you not listening to a stupid bratty 12 yr old! You know better! Congrats on the loss! Looks like TOM is losing strength and you're winning out! And congrats on being over halfway to your first goal!!! That's awesome!!! Keep up the great work hun! Hope you found some great deals at Goodwill yesterday!!

Delphi~ oh hun, I wish you lived closer! I would so totally come over an help you--and then hunt down that *#$&% and beat the tar out of her (where's the 'choke the crap out of someone smilie when you need it huh?) Glad to hear you're making such progress and as per usual, you're staying positive with is fantastic and amazing and admirable to be sure! Hang in there hun!!!

April~ hope you're feeling better today!

JasonsLea~ Thanks hun! Congrats on the loss!!!

MsP~ 5th?! That's freakin' awesome!!! WTG hun!!! Now I'm kind of wishing I had signed up for the competitive run instead of the 'fun walk'! Congrats on getting the land cleared and hurray on getting to start building next month!!! That's wonderful news!!!! Hey listen, if you're ever in my neck of the woods and want a Goodwilling partner--I'm your gal!

Bigmid~ hey you!! Glad to hear you're doing well! Congrats on the 4 lb loss! You're doing great!!!! And on making your September goal already!!!

dcapulet~ awww hun, I hope you're feeling better soon!!! Take care of yourself and check in when you can, even if it's just to moan and cough a little.

SG~ drink that water girlie!!!! Hope the party was fun! And I hear ya on the fog-- I say brave the geese--it's going to hurt less getting hit by one of them than it would be if you got hit by a car! But beware of goose poop! I'm tellin' ya, those suckers are loaded!!!

Well ladies, it's a cloudy, slightly muggy day, but it looks like Fall and that makes me happy. My house is crazy (as usual) and needs some attention, but it'll have to wait until I do my veggie chopping for my Butternut Squash Lasagna!! Mmmmmm!

I went grocery shopping yesterday and picked up an acorn squash and a spaghetti squash--I've never had either (well, my mom told me I had spaghetti squash when I was kid, but I don't remember it) and I'm going to try them! I also bought more eggplant--dangit, I'm determined to eat some properly cooked eggplant if it kills me! I keep overcooking it!!!

Woke up to a surprising number on the scale today--137, down a full pound from yesterday and pre-TOM at that so I'm happy. That means I've met my September goal!

Well girls, I better get going the boys don't have school today (it's a teacher workday) and I've got a full house! Plus, I need to get a shower in and start choppin'!!! Man, now's the time I wish I had one of those silly Slap Chop thingies!!! "you're gunna love my nuts!!"

Okay, have a great day ladies!!! And of course, be sure to...

Drink Your Water and Take Your Vitamins!!!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 10:03 AM   #516  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Sandye-Too bad you're not closer....I have a food chopper! I LOVE that thing for chopping up veggies and stuff quick! Oh, have you done eggplant parmesean? DH says he'll try it if I make it...a huge step for him. Thanks for the congrats. I felt really good after the run.

jessica-I second Sandye's comment. Your new avatar looks great!

My thighs still hurt from the work we did on our land Saturday, but when I ran this morning, they handled it well, so I'm very glad about that. I was concerned it'd effect my running which would not have been cool since I'm trying to add days (from 3 to 4/wk last week then to 5 next week) to start a new training program for October.
I'm still not feeling 100%, but better for sure. My weight keeps creeping up a touch each day. I'm pretty much OP, so I'm gonna add water and be more careful about my food intake (quantity) and see what happens in the next few days. Another issue is that I STILL haven't gotten TOM, which is weird. It's like my cycle is becoming a week longer than normal...I was late last month and now I'm even later this month. Weird stuff. I've been taking my vitamin, exercising OP, and all that good stuff. I think I'm still not used to eating the right amount for my weight. I want to still eat what I could eat 30 pounds ago and that's just not working! DUH!! LOL I guess I DO know what to do food-wise and just haven't been doing it wholeheartedly this month. I want to complain, but it's my own dang fault. SHOOT!

Last edited by Ms Perception; 09-21-2009 at 10:04 AM.
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 10:27 AM   #517  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Morning Ladies,

Dcapulet - Hope you're feeling better soon, those are just terrible, take good care of yourself and we'll see you soon.

Delphi - You may be the world's fastest packer, it takes me forever. At least it's Monday when it's easier to get a hold of ppl and figure things out so let's hope that happens fast!

SG - Good job at that party, it's nice to be able to manoveur through those social situations and come out the other side alright. It makes me think that we can do it forever, kwim? What no dark fog, Muhahahaha, why not?

Sandye - Ahh the booty, I see, and yes that sitting down is rather important, I had many a dress that was only cute standing up! on hitting goal that's incredible, you're almost dropping faster now than at 150! slap and chop, that guys crazy!

MsP - Sounds like you've got it figured out with the food, I could be perfect everywhere but my food makes every ounce of difference. HOpe your legs feel better soon but at least they cooperated for running, they'll be better in no time.

I don't know what happened today but like Sandye, I lost pre-TOM weight, which has not happened before, very odd, but fantastic anyway. Lost another 0.8 today to hit 167.0 on the nose and only 2lbs till goal with TOM on the horizon so I should be good.

My legs are still very sore from my crazy run yesterday, it appears that just because I can run that fast doesn't mean I'm ready too yet, holy crap, walking is a challenge today. But today's my day off, we're heading to Edmonton to pick up all the things that our tiny town doesn't have, some bizarre food that I eat, some video editing software (finally going to tackle 3 years of dd footage into dvd's) there's a new hockey store that dh is dying to go see and some new winter tires for the truck. Crazy, I'm tired just thinking about it! Well, better hit the shower I need to run over to playschool first to help move some toys to our new location before we head out.

Have a great day ladies!
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 10:27 AM   #518  

Height: 6'1

Sorry, was mia for a couple days, and don't have a lot of time for personals. Just wanted to say Delphi, I am so sorry for what you are going through You are handling this stress so well and you have such a positive outlook on things. I'm sure you will come out of this fine and a stronger woman as well.

So this weekend I just let loose a little. Ate stuff that wasn't good for me and didn't work out. It was my friend's bday and she had 2 different celebrations of Friday and Saturday. I'm up a couple lbs, but I thought it was going to be a lot worse. Not beating myself up, just moving forward. I'm not going to meet my goal of 240 this month, but hoping that I can atleast see 245 by the 30th.
shasha17a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:57 PM   #519  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Hey everyone!!! So I've been around, just not posting like I should be on here... I'm down 6 lbs. so far this month which means I'm 4 away from my goal for the month. I'm going to really push myself to try and reach that goal by the beginning of next week. I can also put my 20s on, but they're still a little too snug to be considered comfortable, so I still have a bit to go before reaching that September goal also.

I'm going to start checking in more often! Great job everyone!!!
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 02:09 PM   #520  
One day at a time.

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/135-120

Hey Ladies!

I'm just in for a really quick check in. I have some good news; not weight loss related. Every Saturday morning I volunteer at my church by doing the flowers since they aren't allowed to have fake flowers. I do this with two other ladies, one being my grandma. And we were told that there is a wedding coming up, from a wealthy family that wants us to do they're flowers; they just tell us the color scheme and we're suppose to order the flowers and everything. We've done flowers for the church, which happened to have a wedding later that day and they keep our flowers, but never this. I am very excited.

I am also proud that I went to a baby shower yesterday for my aunt and I kept away from the cake (though we had some fast food on the way too and I had some cupcakes at home. But, despite the cupcakes and fast food I consumed (Wendy's side salad, a dollar burger, and dollar fries,) I am proud that I didn't touch the cake and I didn't eat a lot at the shower. And I brought my own water.

Lastly, I'm on my way out the door for my first day of classes. Technically my first day of college (since graduating high school) but I took college classes at High school too. I only have one class and then 1 (2 classes combined) online.

<3 Wish Me Luck Ladies!
Miss Mallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 02:12 PM   #521  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

Yay for Fall!!!! It's my favorite time of year. I too bought some butternut squash and spaghetti squash this weekend. I might have to look up that lasagna recipe, sounds yummy to me.

I hope all of you have a great Monday! I'll post more later if I can, busy busy day today.
Nella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 02:40 PM   #522  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Just a real quick post as I'm supposed to be cleaning the horrid mess that is my desk

Nella~ here's the recipe for the lasagna: http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/re...cipe_id=698656 the link to the marinara sauce in the recipe. This takes a while to prep (just ask my mom ) but it's worth it!!!!

Btw, I tried spaghetti squash today with chicken sausage and spaghetti sauce--OMGoodness it was delish!!!! I can't wait to see what I can do with the acorn squash! I'm thinking soup maybe? Hmmm...

I'll check in on you girls later--the desk needs my attention in a big way!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:07 PM   #523  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Hey everyone, just checking in. Still nothing on the home front, however, I have managed to get everything packable..packed. Just lack all the cleaning. So probably tomorrow I'll start moving the furniture and cleaning up under everything and then the only thing I'll lack is my utility room and the actual move itself.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 05:36 PM   #524  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'0"

Delphi So sorry to hear about you situation, I wished there was something I could do to help you out. I'm glad you have a friend that is trying to help you out.... Please let me know what happens. Take care of yourself I will be keeping you and those boys in my thoughts and prayers.

iDream You look awesome but I have to agree with the others you are so tiny now I think that dress could be taken in a bit... You look great. You are truely and inspiration to me. Thank you for sharing.

Nella Miss Mallee KimL1214 shasha17a Hope you ladies are having a great day

Tummy Girl Sounds like you have a busy day in store for you . Hope all goes well. Have a great time

Ms Perception you are doing so well. Keep up the good work with the running. It has taken me 3 months just to get myself up and going and sticking to a plan... Would love to blame it on someone but I can't LOL You are awesome girl keep it up.

I am back at home today, it has been so busy with me being out all last week there was so much to do today, still haven't finished it but I needed a break... I have managed to put together a menu for myself and the family thanks for your help and ideas Tummy it will really help my DH since he is gone several hours of the day to pack a cooler full of good things to eat. I even made him a schedule of what times he has to eat so he won't forget that he has to keep his body fueled. We have decided to sign up to the gym at the first of the month. It is open 24 hrs a days and since we have really strange hours that is going to be great for us. Can't wait to get started there. I am still using the treeadmill at home to keep my cardio on on the days I don't go... So hopefully this time next month I will have seen a good change. I may need a kick in the bootie every now and then. Thanks for all the support I couldn't do this thing without all you wonderful ladies. Hope you all have a great day
mystical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 05:43 PM   #525  

Height: 6'1

I am so back on track today and it feels great! I am drinking a lot of water to flush out the excess sodium. I worked out during lunch today, 30 min on the elliptical. I get an hour break and it takes about 7 min to get to the gym and then another 5 to get ready. By then I have like 45 min left, but still need to leave enough time to shower then drive back to work. Well, 30 min is better than nothing I guess. I'm going to try to do this atleast 2x a week, in addition to my evening workouts. Tonight I have zumba again. I am really excited. I really need to put my all in this week because Thursday night, my boyfriend is taking me to Seattle for the weekend. We are visiting one of our college friends. I don't know what we are going to do, but I think we will be eating out a lot. I think its inevitable that at the very best, I maintain. But hopefully we will get a lot of walking in there.
shasha17a is offline   Reply With Quote