Old 05-08-2009, 01:13 PM   #256  

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Good Afternoon Chicas

Well, I'm down 1 lb . I'll take it. I have been battling 3 lbs for the last month. Up 3, down 3 etc. I have to run. We are short staff and the phones are ringing off the hook. If I don't check in over the weekend, have a great Mother's Day all of you

Suzy
SuzyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:28 PM   #257  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Hi All!
I'm sorry I went missing on you for a couple of days. Now I am back!

I started yesterday telling myself I was going to be POP and then TOM hit ahead of schedule, and it's more painful that it has been in years. Worst part is that it gave me a severe attack of the munchies and I ended up eating about 500 calories over what I was supposed to.
Today is a new day and so far so good. My problem is in the afternoon though, so I will have to come up with a way to stop myself from eating when I'm not even hungry..maybe a post-it on the forehead? or an electric fence around the fridge? LOL

I will try to keep drinking lots of water all day to see if that helps, at least my hands will be busy.

canadianangel: to you. And happy birthday to your son!

crazymamaof4: How about making a veggie soup? I make a big pot that will last a few days and that way I have veggies ready all the time.
I have also made stir fries: Once I even made a big batch with no seasonings and took them off the heat before they were quite ready and divided them in portions. Then for the next couple of days, I took whatever we were going to eat that day, seasoned with whatever I wanted that day and finished cooking. Different flavours for different days!
My personal favourite though it so just grill them on the indoor grill and season with salt. YUM!

Ms Perception: Congrats on the 10% goal!

To everyone a big and have a great day!
Newshinyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:42 PM   #258  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

NewShinyme ~ ooh, the stir fry veggies is good idea! I have tons, I just never think to cook them. Unfortunately I didn't get a very wide array of healthy foods growing up so it's taken me a while to like veggies. Luckily, I do like a lot of different ones, I just go blank when try to figure out how I want to prepare them. LOL

Okay, so as far as your afternoon munching goes...I had the same problem! I would just get bored and start puttering and chomping on this and that. Thankfully many of my cravings have gone away since starting my meds, but before that when I was eating OP I would make sure to have something to eat every 2-3 hours and keep plenty of water on hand. Eating little bits throughout the day help keep the munchies away and if for some reason I did get them, I'd just guzzle a bunch of water and move on. For me, munchies usually come from being bored, so if I keep busy I end up forgetting about food. If those don't work, you can always come here and we'll give you a loving smack to the back of the head to stay out of the kitchen! Hee hee
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:23 PM   #259  
ISO my perfect body

Height: 5'7.5"

Ok girls, hold on to your hats I have some news to share........
I AM A ONDER-WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually hit Onederland yesterday, but I didn't want to report until I was certain It was a real #, that wast gonna show up today too! I dreamt about it several times last night, HAHA, I am not obsessed or anything!

Newshineyme- I am fearing TOM, I know it is right around the corner. That is when I lose all my dieting sanity. I am drinking tea/water like I never have before, because I heard it helps with the cravings/bloating. We shall see. 500 calories is actually not that bad if you can reign it in today, I doubt you will even see a change on your scale! Good Luck, stay strong!

SuzyQ- Great news for you!!!!!! That is wonderful!

Lene- I am so glad your SB is going so well! AND SHaZAM 5pounds! Wooo whooo Keep it up girl, you are doing so great!

MsP- Glad to have you back checking in again! AND with such great news! We are soooo proud of you!!!!

Jaqui D- Yay, so glad your blues have passed, those days are really tough!

CrazyMamaf4- I like getting veggies on baked potato night. I pick out my 5 oz potato, and then I top it with brocolli, cauliflower, onions, tomatoes. Sometimes I even put on some diced chicken breast! I do not use butter I use light, or FF salad dressing (kraft zesty italian Fat free) is delicious. Or FAT Free sour cream, or cottage cheese.
I also keep the WW 0-point cabbage soup pre-made (sandwich bags in the freezer) for emergencies. It has a lot of veggies too!
Other ideas- omlettes- onion, tomato, salsa, brocoli, avocado, spinach all yummy on omlettes!

Canadian Angel- Yah-whoooooo! WTG on your loss! You must feel so good! Keep up the good work!

Full steam ahead- Heavenly-blue? I just know they are breathtaking! Blue is my favorite color!!!! Please post a pic when you can, I would love to see them! As for the tomatos, My Mom grows hers in a BIG pot. She called me today to report, that she has 2 one inch tomatos on her vines! I know people buy the upside down hanging tomatos too, my neighbor swears by them, so I think you should be ok....You can do like I do, throw them in the pot, fertilize, water, and pray like heck something grows
How is the SBD going? Have you lost a bunch like your pal Lene? I think that is fantastic!! Are you gonna stay on week 1 plan, or advance?

Delphi, You did the right thing by taking a rest day. You have to listen to your body. (and don't forget the motrin It helps me alot!) The only thing is you can't let a bunch of rest days collect in one spot (they like to try to do that at my house!!!!) Keep up the good work, you will love what exercise will do for you shape!
Lewisempire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:40 PM   #260  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Lewis that is awesome news!!! Woo hoo!!!! You ROCK!!! Congrats on entering Onderland girlie!!! YAY!!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:54 PM   #261  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls!

Sorry I've been MIA, I've been so tired lately, I don't want to get on the computer. I need to get a fan, the white noise helps me sleep. I maintained from last week, thank god. Pullo gave me a mini heart attack yesterday, if he keeps doing crap like this, I might have to give him up. I don't want to think about it.

At work, will be back later on tonight.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 05:03 PM   #262  

S/C/G: 252/223/160

Height: 5'7"

Talking

Congrats on entering ONEDERLAND Lewis!!!

x 100!

Last edited by Hattie22; 05-08-2009 at 05:04 PM.
Hattie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 05:21 PM   #263  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Congratulations Lewisempire! That is awesome, you are doing a fabulous job!
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 06:32 PM   #264  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

LEWISSSS!!! Fantastic!!! Onederland!! Woohoo!!! Way to go, girl!!! I'm so proud of you!!!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 05-08-2009 at 06:33 PM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 06:35 PM   #265  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Default May Weight Loss Challenge List of Participants (so far!)

Weight Loss goals are in this list. Exercise goals are in the sister thread--May Exercise Challenge. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Lose 8-10 lbs
Jacqui_D: Lose 10 lbs to reach 187 lbs
SuzyQ: Lose 5-10 lbs; get "rear in gear"
CakeBatter: Wear any size 10; lose 7 lbs; keep working Flylady plan
Tammyjo: Lose 10 lbs
Jacque9999: Lose 1.5 - 2 lbs a week
Shrinkingleah: Lose 7 pounds by June 1st
Rowenna: Reach 105 lbs; feel great about self!
Hattie: Lose at least 5 lbs; reach at least 192 lbs; keep eating OP
BellaEllaEllAaa: Eat more fruits and veggies; drink 8 or more glasses of water throughout the day; stay positive, be supportive, and ask for support when needed
Mikayla: Lose 10lbs
Getlost: Strive to lose 3 lbs/week and not less than 8-10 lbs/month
Brown_Eyed_Staccie: By May 15th, reach 216 lbs; by May 31st, reach 210 lbs; be able to wear jeans done up and looking HOT
Lene1974: Lose 10 lbs; drink 64 oz of water a day
Neesy_20: Lose 10 lbs; be able to wear goal capris
SupaChix: Breawna: Lose 10 lbs Jodi: Lose 8 lbs
Econ_Nerd: Lose 10 or more lbs to reach 237.6 lbs or below
Wifey: Lose 8 lbs
StarryNights110: Lose 8-10 lbs to reach the 170s: stay within calorie limit; no sugar
Ms_Perception: Reach 165 lbs; eat more fruits and veggies (5/day)
Saramommy: Lose 8 lbs to reach 155 lbs
Fressca: Lose 7 lbs to reach 155 lbs
Michelle0630: Lose 5 lbs
Musiclover: Lose 6.5 lbs to reach 147 lbs
Newshinyme: Lose 1-2 lbs a week to break through the 30 lb loss mark
Lewisempire: Lose 5 lbs to reach 195 lbs
JasonsLea: Stay POP 85% of the month (26 out of 31 days); try to incorporate the Abs Power Diet into my eating plan; lose 10 lbs
Westtexaschick: Reach 140-138 lbs
Smallification: Lose 6 lbs to reach "normal weight" BMI
Skinnygurlinside: Lose 10 lbs
Mcrunner: Lose 5 lbs; eat more fruits and veggies; get back to using FitDay regularly
MrsHomeStretch: Lose 19.5 lbs; burn 40,300 calories this month; eat 1300 calories or less a day
Delphi: Stay within daily calorie intake allowance; lose at least 3 lbs
Canadianangel: Lose 16 lbs
Crazymamaof4: Lose 10 lbs to reach 177 lbs; lose inches; eat more fruits and veggies; get out of "obese" BMI category
Scaleskl: Lose 8 lbs; drink at least 64 oz of water per day
Fenderella: Reach 299 lbs
Terapet: Lose 3 lbs
E.mccoy: Lose 10 lbs to reach 202 lbs; no late night snacking
FABlynne: Lose 10 lbs
Urockmom: Lose vacation weight; lose 3 additional lbs
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 06:41 PM   #266  

S/C/G: 219/197/130

Height: 5'3

Smile

Ok this is cool. Goals are very important for a sucessful diet so mine will be 10-12 lbs this month.
wantstoloseweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:09 PM   #267  

Lewisssssssssssssssssssss EMpire, congratulationssss sweety I am so happy to be one of the people here to share in your celebration of onderland! wtg!

Leneeee, also congrats on that awesome loss! That rocks lene! : wtg!

Glad I popped in to check the news. I will be back later to write more. I have eaten and I can't move orrrrr type! lol . and congrats again girls. BBL
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:10 PM   #268  

want to lose weight, welcome aboard
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:20 PM   #269  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Welcome wanstoloseweight! Good to have you here.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:25 PM   #270  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Lewis: Congratulations!!! That is awesome news . You rock!

wantstoloseweight: Welcome aboard!
Newshinyme is offline   Reply With Quote