Old 05-06-2009, 02:16 PM   #211  

S/C/G: 158/ticker/143

Height: 5-9

another note on tea at night: black tea and green tea both naturally have caffeine- they won't keep me up, but some people are more sensitive to caffeine than others. so for before bed, you might try an herbal tea- like chamomile, which someone mentioned was good for cramps- I totally agree it is good for any kind of queasiness/stomach issue/general comfort and soothing. mint tea is my other favorite herbal.
I, also, can't stand artificial sweeteners in anything- i would rather not have it sweet! but if you're going to go for the cals, honey is a good alternative to plain sugar since it has other healthy properties (my grandfather is a beekeeper and swears by its magical medicinal properties...)
michelle0630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:33 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 269/215/165

Height: 5'6

Afternoon all. Well, today is kind of an off day for me. It is my husband's birthday so I'm not going to the gym after work (ugh), because I promised him I'd stay home with him and play video games I will still try to do 30 minutes on the treadmill though (I did thirty minutes this morning too). The worst thing is I have already eaten way too much. I had TWO lunches!

There is some insane reasoning behind this. I went to lunch with one set of people because I have been promising them that I would for weeks. We got mexican food, and I ate everything on my plate, but an hour later when I was 'accompanying' my husband to lunch I was starving again. We went to his favorite resteraunt, a greesy hamburger joint. I got a junior cheese burger. Now I am SO freaking sleepy. I also forgot to bring my bottles of water to work today, so I'm thirsty.

The good thing is the scale moved another .8 pounds (from 216.8 yesterday to 216 today). But I fear it won't move tomorrow, unless it moves up

Still, I'm staying optomistic! I WILL eat a healthy dinner and tomorrow will pick right back up where I left off. In fact, I think I'll make it an extra good day and work out even more than usual! I'll just write today off as a maintenance day so I won't get down on myself.

Last night I did do an HOUR on the elliptical (800 calories) which I am very proud of. I also came across some pictures of myself when I weighed around 155. Man, the difference is amazing! When I suck in, now I can see me. That sounds so weird, but I feel like I've been covered up by all this fat, and I'm finally starting to see my real self. It makes me so happy I'm literally tearing up right now, lol.

Anyway, sorry for rambling. Have a great day!

Last edited by MrsHomeStretch; 05-06-2009 at 03:37 PM.
MrsHomeStretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:58 PM   #213  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullSteamAhead View Post
I would have watermelon. Sometimes, I would actually get out of bed and eat it (late night) so I could sleep for pete sakes! lol. True, watermelon is high in natural sugars and the glycemic index but it also is mostly composed of water and very low cals which is great. It filled me up and worked for me!
You know I had forgotten all about my watermelon. That is such a great idea, now that it's in season? Thank you so much for the suggestion...I love me some watermelon!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqui_D View Post
When I researched green teas back when I first started drinking it years ago, Celestial Seasonings was supposed to have the greatest antioxidant properties of the types you can by at the grocery.
I will check and see if they have that brand anywhere around here and let ya know. I live about fifteen minutes northeast of Nashville in a rather small "Mayberryish" type town, so we shall see.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:00 PM   #214  

S/C/G: 183/160/148

Height: 5'6"

I'm so sleepy...
My day started at 3:45AM and I am just now sitting down. I worked 11 1/2 hours and then had to shop for a couple of hours. It's going to be a struggle to get on the elliptical tonight.

My eating has been perfecto and my water intake, good as good can be. I did read the boards but I'm too tired for personals tonight. Sorry

Have a great day tomorrow everyone.
lene1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 03:13 AM   #215  

S/C/G: 218.8/198/135

Height: 5'4

Hi ladies,

I hope everyone is having a great week. I've done quite well especially since it has been with a boat load of stress (which would normally send me straight to the refrigerator). After dropping my car off at the repair shop this morning I chose to walk home instead of calling for a ride. Yah Me! I stayed within my calorie range, actually didnt even eat them all and I have not had a late night snack in two days. Thats an accomplishment for me. I found this awesome application on my ipod touch called lose it. It allows you to track your weight, set goals, and even look up and record your calories eaten. I absolutely love it. Hope everyone elses week is going good :-)
e.mccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:10 AM   #216  
live, laugh, love

S/C/G: 265/202/160

Height: 5'5

Good Morning Ladies!!

It is 4:52 am and i cant sleep. I have had the worse night sleep in along time. My fractored leg is hurting, and i am very stressed out a=bout not exercising. i tried crunchs yesterday and that even hurt, so i crawled slowly onto the trampoline, and was able to do crunches there. We went out for supper last night to Montanas cookhouse..the best place for ribs..all you can eat night, to celebrate my son turning 13...but i ordered salmon, and instead of rice, i ordered a extra side of veggies(broccoli), and drank diet pepsi, instead of the normal strawberry daquire.

i went online and looked at the calorie diffrence..this is what i got

my supper
salmon 410
veggies 200
my total 610

my hubbys
ribs two orders...1540
mash potato...110
gravy....50
extra sauce..132
cornbread..260
ice tea....290
total 2382 for him

diffrence of 1772....before i started this journy i would never thought that his meal hod so many calorie...eeeekkkk

im hoping for a drop in the scale today, and im going to see if i can work out with the wii fit.

hope everyone has a great day!!

ang
canadianangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:36 AM   #217  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Good Morning Ladies! Feeling good and oddly for some reason I think the birds are already chirping?!?! At any rate, last night I managed my cravings with cleaning out my closet. Wasn't the most creative of ideas but, at the end of the day it worked. No cravings, no extra calories! Stayed well in my calorie range but ye ol' muscles are sore this morning. So all and all another great night.

Lene ~ Good job and getting all your water in and for perfect eating habits. Exercising in the evenings was a no go for me. At the end of the day I'm physically and emotionally drained and simply can't do it. I do hope you got that work out in though.

e mccoy ~ Sorry about the stressful day but hey at least you turned a bad situation into something positive by walking. Bravo!

canadianangel ~ Great job in making good choices while out and I do hope the stress is reduced sooner rather than later. A good friend of mine hinted yesterday that I would be getting a Wii for my birthday in July and he has me stoked. I'm really looking forward to adding Wii Fit to my exercise routine. Do you have the Wii Fit or one of the other trainers?

@ everyone else ~ You guys are doing a great job...keep up the good work and have an exceptional day ahead!

Last edited by Delphi; 05-07-2009 at 05:38 AM.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:25 AM   #218  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Default May Weight Loss Challenge List of Participants (so far!)

Weight Loss goals are in this list. Exercise goals are in the sister thread--May Exercise Challenge. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Lose 8-10 lbs
Jacqui_D: Lose 10 lbs to reach 187 lbs
SuzyQ: Lose 5-10 lbs; get "rear in gear"
CakeBatter: Wear any size 10; lose 7 lbs; keep working Flylady plan
Tammyjo: Lose 10 lbs
Jacque9999: Lose 1.5 - 2 lbs a week
Shrinkingleah: Lose 7 pounds by June 1st
Rowenna: Reach 105 lbs; feel great about self!
Hattie: Lose at least 5 lbs; reach at least 192 lbs; keep eating OP
BellaEllaEllAaa: Eat more fruits and veggies; drink 8 or more glasses of water throughout the day; stay positive, be supportive, and ask for support when needed
Mikayla: Lose 10lbs
Getlost: Strive to lose 3 lbs/week and not less than 8-10 lbs/month
Brown_Eyed_Staccie: By May 15th, reach 216 lbs; by May 31st, reach 210 lbs; be able to wear jeans done up and looking HOT
Lene1974: Lose 10 lbs; drink 64 oz of water a day
Neesy_20: Lose 10 lbs; be able to wear goal capris
SupaChix: Breawna: Lose 10 lbs Jodi: Lose 8 lbs
Econ_Nerd: Lose 10 or more lbs to reach 237.6 lbs or below
Wifey: Lose 8 lbs
StarryNights110: Lose 8-10 lbs to reach the 170s: stay within calorie limit; no sugar
Ms_Perception: Reach 165 lbs; eat more fruits and veggies (5/day)
Saramommy: Lose 8 lbs to reach 155 lbs
Fressca: Lose 7 lbs to reach 155 lbs
Michelle0630: Lose 5 lbs
Musiclover: Lose 6.5 lbs to reach 147 lbs
Newshinyme: Lose 1-2 lbs a week to break through the 30 lb loss mark
Lewisempire: Lose 5 lbs to reach 195 lbs
JasonsLea: Stay POP 85% of the month (26 out of 31 days); try to incorporate the Abs Power Diet into my eating plan; lose 10 lbs
Westtexaschick: Reach 140-138 lbs
Smallification: Lose 6 lbs to reach "normal weight" BMI
Skinnygurlinside: Lose 10 lbs
Mcrunner: Lose 5 lbs; eat more fruits and veggies; get back to using FitDay regularly
MrsHomeStretch: Lose 19.5 lbs; burn 40,300 calories this month; eat 1300 calories or less a day
Delphi: Stay within daily calorie intake allowance; lose at least 3 lbs
Canadianangel: Lose 16 lbs
Crazymamaof4: Lose 10 lbs to reach 177 lbs; lose inches; eat more fruits and veggies; get out of "obese" BMI category
Scaleskl: Lose 8 lbs; drink at least 64 oz of water per day
Fenderella: Reach 299 lbs
Terapet: Lose 3 lbs
E.mccoy: Lose 10 lbs to reach 202 lbs; no late night snacking
FABlynne: Lose 10 lbs

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 05-07-2009 at 12:10 PM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:16 AM   #219  

Weight today 152, so down .6
Total since start, down 1.2 which is great for the first week
Patience is key for me, as I am almost at my goal weight
Off to work - have a successful day everyone!
musiclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:56 AM   #220  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Only have a sec to say Good Morning Ladies!!! I need to get ready for a drs appt this morning so I'll check back later. Just had to say bravo to all of you ladies! You're doing awesome!!!!

Okay gotta run! Remember...
Be sure to drink your water!!!!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:21 AM   #221  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Good morning ladies!

Delphi, so glad you got through last night without snacking! And you have an organized closet! Lol! Good for you! I did want to tell you about the green tea not to go with decaf, because that process strips the antioxidants. (So many rules, lol!) I read that too when I was trying to learn about green tea.

MrsH, I'm so happy that you are beginning to "see yourself"! That is so great! I can only imagine how good you must feel!

Lene, congrats on being POP!!! Great job!! Keep it up!

E.mccoy, I'm sorry about your stress, but good decision to walk home! Way to get that exercise in! And great job on eating OP and NO late light night snacking! Woohoo!

Canadianangel, I do hope your leg begins to feel better really soon!! That has to be hard and you need your sleep! But great job on ordering the salmon and veggies!! Good for you!!

Michelle, I have never tried honey in my tea, but I might have to try that! I use sugar right now because I also do not like artificial sweetners, but grandpas are pretty wise, so I might have to pick up some honey!

Musiclover, congrats on the loss!! Great job!!

I hope everyone else is having a very successful weight loss journey this month so far!!

Oh my, and now me. May I vent a little bit with you, ladies? I know it's early in the morning, but I'm hoping it will help me. You see, I really need to have a better day today than yesterday. I really feel like yesterday was all wrong and it's still got me in a funk today. I wanted to get my strength training in yesterday and didn't get to it, so that means I'll have to do it today and Saturday, and while today is not a problem, Saturday may be, because I'm supposed to go to an out-of-town college graduation. That was just the start. I also ran out of water in my water cooler yesterday, and although I kept asking my DH to please go get another bottle (it's very tough for me to carry the 5 gallon bottle with my RA), he didn't do it until late last night because he was busy. Understandable, but I didn't get my normal 5 bottles of water in and not being OP started making me cranky about mid-day yesterday and that's when I started taking a turn for the worse. As a result, I didn't get my veggies in yesterday either! I kept putting it off, just being blah. Instead, I had made spaghetti for my DH and put in the crock pot to keep warm, and I ended up eating spaghetti for lunch and dinner! I had planned to eat a big salad for lunch and spaghetti with veggies for dinner. But by the time dinner rolled around, I wasn't in the mindset to cut up veggies for dinner either! So I actually went through yesterday with no veggies! None! And every hour throughout the day, I kept saying, "Go to the gym. You don't have time on Saturday to do strength training," but I kept telling myself, "No, I don't have enough water." I should have gone to the store and picked up individual bottles! There's just no excuse! So, it's not that I overate or ate junk yesterday. I didn't. The spaghetti was made with whole grain noodles, so it wasn't bad nutritionally, but I didn't eat in a balanced way, and overall I just feel like yesterday was a total waste. Can you tell I'm a perfectionist? I have the classic "all-or-nothing" way of thinking. Either I do it the right way or it's wrong and I give up, and yesterday I did it the wrong way. I keep trying to see the middle ground--that's what perfectionists have trouble with--that I didn't overeat, that I got my walk in, that I still drank water and green tea, but it's hard to convince myself that the middle ground is acceptable. All I can see is not enough exercise, not enough water, unbalanced meals--all wrong! And yesterday's mistakes shouldn't carry over to today, right? And normally they wouldn't, it's a new start, a new day, but I think the fact that I have Saturday hanging over me is messing that up, because I woke up in just a terrible mood. I'm not in danger of overeating as a result, just the opposite, I'm more likely not to eat just because I don't feel like it, which is just as bad, so I do need to come out of this funk. I know what I would tell other people, but then I'm not a perfectionist when it comes to other people. I'm completely understanding and accepting of others! I'm just really hard on myself. So there, it's all out, and now I need to make myself go eat breakfast, go drink water, go get ready for the gym. I need to come out of this funk and get moving ...yep...that's what I need to do...

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 05-07-2009 at 08:36 AM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:13 AM   #222  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

I'm back!

Jacqui ~ okay, first of all, you DID have some veggies--twice! Remember that spaghetti sauce is made of tomatoes. Wait, that's a fruit...but anyway, don't beat yourself up girl! You did better than I would have had my mood been icky and things started heading down the wrong path. You made good food choices, you did some exercise--you didn't just sit around chowing on chocolate chip cookies right? So pick yourself up, dust yourself off and give yourself a big hug for what you did do and stop beating yourself up for what you didn't do. You WILL come out of this funk, but until then, there's no use feeling guilty or spending time being mad at yourself for being in a funk. It happens to all of us and the best thing to do is take it one day at a time, do the best you can do and move on. Got it? Good. Now I hope you've eaten your breakfast, drank some water and gotten ready for the gym--if not, get to it!! (((Big Hugs))) Believe me, I've soooo been there! We all have! And OF COURSE you can vent to us! That's what we're here for!

e.mccoy ~ woo hoo! Good for you choosing to walk home rather than get a ride! You made the best out of a stressful situation! That ap sounds cool! Hubby has an iPod that I have no idea how to use, but I might just have to see about that ap and learn how to work that thing!

Ang~ sorry to hear that your leg is bothering you so much! Do try to take it easy on that leg--the kinder you are to it, the quicker it will heal. Try not to stress to much about working out--do what you can, remember, some exercise is better than none right? Maybe concentrate on strengthening your upper body while your leg heals? Congrats for making such great food choices last night! Eating out is hazardous for me, I always seem to cave and go for the good (bad) stuff! Thankfully our children are what you'd call 'challenging' when we eat out so we don't do it very often! LOL

Delphi ~Woo hoo! WTG not snacking last night! Add me the closet cleaning group, after all the housecleaning posts I had to get my butt in gear so I started with my closet. Keep up the great work, before you know it, you won't even think about snacking at night!

Musiclover ~ congrats on the loss!! I'm with you, I'm a 'instant gratification' type of gal. I want to see the pounds flying off of me and be back into my skinny jeans asap! But, keep at it, it'll come off and before you know it you'll be at your goal!!

Okay, so drs appt went fine. I got a referral to dermatologist to get a full once over because I discovered a brown streak in one of my nails a while back and recently read that that could be an indication of melanoma. So, I'm trying to not freak out, I don't have any noticible problem moles/spots or anything, but just playing it safe and getting checked out anyway. I'm finally feeling good again (recently went back on anti-depressants) and I just want to get and stay as healthy as possible. Anyway...

Dr. commented on my weight loss saying 'you've lost a lot of weight' so that was nice. I'm down 15 lbs from when I first saw him back in March and down 18.2 lbs since my highest point in Jan (200 lbs) so I'm definitely making progress. Speaking of which, 181.8 this morning down a few more ounces from yesterday. Got my ab work done this morning and will do my 30 Day Shred tonight.

Okay ladies, well, I better get going. I haven't started my water today and I need to get to it!!! Hope everyone is having a fantastic morning!!

Be sure to Drink Your Water girls!!!!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:44 AM   #223  

S/C/G: 180/180/160

Talking

Hello ladies!

I'm back for the May challenge! I will go for 10 lbs. I got pretty close last month, so I know if I push a little harder, I can do it.
FABlynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:44 AM   #224  
live, laugh, love

S/C/G: 265/202/160

Height: 5'5

Has anyone ever told you ladies...that you guys are absolutly wonderful!! If not im YELLING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scale went down .2 this morning..so not bad..better then a kick in the butt. Im going to start writing in a food journal, that way i can really watch what i eat.
\
hope everyone has a great day!!

ANG
canadianangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:56 AM   #225  

morningggggggggggg

canadian angel? Im worried girl, the wii! I don't know if that's a good idea, there is quite a bit of weight bearing stepping on and off t he board, it may irritate your fracture. Double check if it's okay to do that ok? Please forgive me for being a mother hen or so outspoken, I mean well Congratulationsssssssss on the drop and also on making wise choices at dinner last night and avoiding the temptation! great job

ok posting this and coming right back
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote