Old 05-14-2009, 02:39 PM   #406  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullSteamAhead View Post
Hiya Jacquee, Getting ready for mom and Sohpia's visit next month?
Absolutely!!! Can't wait to see them. Haven't seen them since December!!! Only, 2 weeks from today

Jacqui_DI love your schedule....I might set the alarm too so I can remember to eat. I't almost time for my afternoon snack!!! Good luck with it!! I actually put in my calendar when I work out so I know, that I won't schedule something or try to sleep in at those times. If something should come up, I will put it in another time slot. My calendar syncs with my iPod and my work computer so there is no room for error.

lene1974 Sorry about your grandfather...prayers go out to you and your family. Good job for staying OP!!
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:54 PM   #407  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

on the drop! You are doing an amazing job of getting back on track fenderella.

Jacque ~ Yeah, some of the ones I looked at today didn't seem all that great, but if I come across a good/cheaper one, I'll definitely let you know.

Jacqui ~ Well planning out your day is definitely going to put you in the right direction. Looks to me as if you will do just fine. You can do this! We all have days like that, so implementing your plan of action will probably put you back in the habit of eating breakfast again. I'm pulling for ya.

Newshinyme ~ Isn't it amazing how pretty those collar bones are? You've are making great progress...keep it up! It was one of the first things I noticed and still admire daily. Hmmm...not sure what the bodybug is but I'm pretty sure it is. Just a band to keep track of your calories more or less. But handy nonetheless.

urockmom ~ Yeah, I really want to help in any way I can..so I thought it might be a nice thought! I'm really pulling for everyone to be motivated!

Lene ~ You and your family will be in prayers!

FSA ~ Well, technically, we aren't an item. Just friends, but he is probably the best thing that has ever happened to me in a long time. He is the best friend I have ever had and I'm definitely thankful to have him in my life, even if he is half way across the country now. How are you doing? You were so kind to everyone else and didn't tell us how YOU are doing.

Last edited by Delphi; 05-14-2009 at 02:57 PM.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:50 PM   #408  
live, laugh, love

S/C/G: 265/202/160

Height: 5'5

good afternoon ladies!

i havnt been on in about a week. Diet is still okay, but not being able to exercise is killing me. the scale is going up and down..but not down like it use to. ive start to slowly add walking in, but its not the same, and iam in pain afterwards..its very frustrating.

the good news is i can finally use a ticker..maybe that will help me...

have a great day everyone
canadianangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 07:23 PM   #409  
There is no spoon!

Ok, so I put the band on at four this morning and took it off at 4:30 this afternoon and in total burned, 1,729 calories. The peak time during my treadmill said at my highest I was burning 8 calories a minute but burned a total 226 calories. But my treadmill said I only burned 165 calories. So yeah, that is a significant difference. I'm highly impressed. I tried to take screenshots but the graph wouldn't show up, so I did a little video. At any rate, I was impressed. What I noticed was that I peaked at periods where I drank large amounts of water and at the grocery store as well. So move those buggies girls. The interesting thing was the water, before the treadmill around 4:30 I drink 24 oz of water with my multivitaim and that was a peak time and every other meal peaked for me as well. The longer it takes to eat your meals, the more calories you burn or least for me. At any rate, just thought I would share my findings. Thumbs up for me! I can see this being very helpful the further I get down the road with helping me know how to readjust my diet.

canadianangel ~ Ooo I bet you are excited. I can't wait to get my twenty days out of the way so I can get a ticker. But, hey you hang in there and fight the good fight..you can do this chicky!

Last edited by Delphi; 05-14-2009 at 07:24 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:40 PM   #410  
Woman On A Mission

Delphi

Oh I so want one of those things....what was the name of the one you got again? Gotta get off line so I don't have time to check past posts.

Thanks
Old 05-14-2009, 08:16 PM   #411  

S/C/G: 158/ticker/143

Height: 5-9

Delphi- remember that you burn over 100 calories per hour even when you're not exercising. The treadmill probably tells you how many additional calories you burn, beyond what you would have burned in the same amount of time if you had just been sitting still. Since the band is trying to measure all the calories you burn, total, it makes sense that for the same amount of time it would read more calories than the treadmill.

Last edited by michelle0630; 05-14-2009 at 08:31 PM.
michelle0630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 09:55 PM   #412  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Default May Weight Loss Challenge List of Participants (so far!)

Weight Loss goals are in this list. Exercise goals are in the sister thread--May Exercise Challenge. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Lose 8-10 lbs
Jacqui_D: Lose 10 lbs to reach 187 lbs
SuzyQ: Lose 5-10 lbs; get "rear in gear"
CakeBatter: Wear any size 10; lose 7 lbs; keep working Flylady plan
Tammyjo: Lose 10 lbs
Jacque9999: Lose 1.5 - 2 lbs a week
Shrinkingleah: Lose 7 pounds by June 1st
Rowenna: Reach 105 lbs; feel great about self!
Hattie: Lose at least 5 lbs; reach at least 192 lbs; keep eating OP
BellaEllaEllAaa: Eat more fruits and veggies; drink 8 or more glasses of water throughout the day; stay positive, be supportive, and ask for support when needed
Mikayla: Lose 10lbs
Getlost: Strive to lose 3 lbs/week and not less than 8-10 lbs/month
Brown_Eyed_Staccie: By May 15th, reach 216 lbs; by May 31st, reach 210 lbs; be able to wear jeans done up and looking HOT
Lene1974: Lose 10 lbs; drink 64 oz of water a day
Neesy_20: Lose 10 lbs; be able to wear goal capris
SupaChix: Breawna: Lose 10 lbs Jodi: Lose 8 lbs
Econ_Nerd: Lose 10 or more lbs to reach 237.6 lbs or below
Wifey: Lose 8 lbs
StarryNights110: Lose 8-10 lbs to reach the 170s: stay within calorie limit; no sugar
Ms_Perception: Reach 165 lbs; eat more fruits and veggies (5/day)
Saramommy: Lose 8 lbs to reach 155 lbs
Fressca: Lose 7 lbs to reach 155 lbs
Michelle0630: Lose 5 lbs
Musiclover: Lose 6.5 lbs to reach 147 lbs
Newshinyme: Lose 1-2 lbs a week to break through the 30 lb loss mark
Lewisempire: Lose 5 lbs to reach 195 lbs
JasonsLea: Stay POP 85% of the month (26 out of 31 days); try to incorporate the Abs Power Diet into my eating plan; lose 10 lbs
Westtexaschick: Reach 140-138 lbs
Smallification: Lose 6 lbs to reach "normal weight" BMI
Skinnygurlinside: Lose 10 lbs
Mcrunner: Lose 5 lbs; eat more fruits and veggies; get back to using FitDay regularly
MrsHomeStretch: Lose 19.5 lbs; burn 40,300 calories this month; eat 1300 calories or less a day
Delphi: Lose 3 lbs--MET GOAL!!; lose 3 more lbs--MET GOAL!!; stay within daily calorie intake allowance; lose another 3 lbs
Canadianangel: Lose 16 lbs
Crazymamaof4: Lose 10 lbs to reach 177 lbs; lose inches; eat more fruits and veggies; get out of "obese" BMI category
Scaleskl: Lose 8 lbs; drink at least 64 oz of water per day
Fenderella: Reach 299 lbs
Terapet: Lose 3 lbs
E.mccoy: Lose 10 lbs to reach 202 lbs; no late night snacking
FABlynne: Lose 10 lbs
Urockmom: Lose vacation weight; lose 3 additional lbs
Wantstoloseweight: Lose 10-12 lbs
CheeCheen: Lose 10 lbs
Dvdrumls: Lose 10 kg
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:50 PM   #413  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Joci ,Delphi, Fenderella, and NSM, I know! I don't know what it is about junk food that makes you want to eat everything is sight, but it's true!

Lene, I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather in the hospital. It's sounds like you've had a very busy and hectic week. I do hope everything improves! Through all that, you stayed OP!! Good for you!! And you got exercise in--incredible!! You are just doing wonderfully!!

Fenderella, congrats again on the weight loss!!! I battle with emotional ups and downs too (as if one couldn't tell, lol!), so I understand about the bouts of not eating during your highs. My not eating isn't related to emotions, thank goodness (rather, it's the cause of them, lol!). It's just a matter of my hunger cues being off and my not be on a good enough routine to remember to eat on time.

FSA, yes, I'm finally going to resort to setting my phone alarm. I have to do something before I make myself crazy!

NSM, congrats on seeing your collarbones, you sexy thang! Lol!

I know, Urock, I have been so frustrated! I don't know, it just hit me so wrong today when I saw that it was 12 noon and I hadn't had breakfast, a snack, any water, my vitamins, or my green tea, and I hadn't gotten out and exercised yet either. And I could have easily missed lunch too if I hadn't glanced at the clock just then. Half the day was shot, and I just didn't cope with it well! Lol! I know that I probably won't be able to stick to such a strict schedule, but I need it right now to get back on track. Nothing else is working, and in fact, it seems to be getting worse. Thank you for caring!! And peppers are a great idea for a snack, and it just so happens, I have some in the fridge!

Joci, good luck with your schedule and setting your alarm too! It does get very frustrating!

Delphi, wow! I thought your last avatar pic was beautiful, but this one is even more beautiful! And your new arm band program sounds wonderful!! You are just full of interesting facts! Keep 'em coming!

Ang, I know you want to be able to exercise regularly again, but hey, you can walk again! You couldn't do that before! It's progress, and it will get better! And congrats on being able to get your ticker!

My day didn't slow down any, but I did manage to get most of my calories in, at least 72 oz of water, one cup of green tea, my vitamins, and my exercise. I'm not thrilled about it, but it's better than throwing in the towe! I sure hope I can fit everything in tomorrow morning, along with getting ready for my appointment, before I have to go! I'm setting my alarm now to get up early!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:16 PM   #414  

Hi everyone : ) I am going to attempt to hit they hay early tonight and catch up on a little sleep. Hope the k itties don't wake me up too early tomorrow, they are accustomed to a very early breakfast! lol

Newshinyme, hi...missed you on here too. Thanks for the encouragement girl . Wtg on those sexy collar bones! .

Jacqui, hey you.... hope your feeling better. Looks like you ahve taken some concrete measures to help aid you. Keep us posted and let us know how it works out for you. IT will get better Jacqui, just hang in there and try and give yourself a little slack if you don't do every signle thing right at that time but within approx. that time and remember that tomorrow is a new day and also please don't forget all of your wonderful accomplishments. We all need to remind ourselves of all the things we have done good and of our progress. We're here for you chicky.....here's to waking up to a new good day tomorrow.

I'm glad you like to keep in touch girls, I'll be contacting you soon and/or contact me.

Hi urockmom, ty for the k ind words Always look forward to your posts, I always have. I hope your feeling better and I'm glad that you will have TOM out of the way. Thanks for the willpower dust...let's keep on truckin. Lazy day today here urockmom, blaze weather but we are due for some s unshine tomorrow so that will be a nice welcome! Enjoy it.

Jacqueee, yay! That's great that mom and sophia arrive in 2 weeks, I'm happy for you girl! .

HI Delphi what a nice pic. That is nice that your close like that, he sounds like a very special person in your life. Oh my gosh delphi, that arm band thingy you have sounds so neat! Fun to see how your burning all those caloriesss! THanks for telling us about it and giving us the scoop.
Regarding me and my day girl....ah, one of those days for me. It was rainy all day and I just wasn't up to cl eaning. I didn't sleep that much last night and that sure didn't help. I did manage a half hour on the wii though but really had to push. Thanks for asking Planwise, very well except for too many nuts in evening and not as much water as planned but all in all I am happy with the day. Ohhhhhhhh, I got carb cravings today (saw some stupid bread and food pics in one of my mags) so I had some refried beans, water, and then it went away.

Hi canadian angel ,
was wondering how you were...thanks for checking in with us. Come on in anytime, that's what were here for. I'm glad to hear your feeling a bit better. Hang in there, you will get better. Good job on the food plan going okay.

Hi Michelle, I wonder about the treadmill reading. THe treadmills reading is an average guesstimate I think. It doesn't know how much I weigh (we burn more cals ...at a different rate the more or less we weigh) or how high I am swinging my arms. I used to do arm exercises while on it but that didn't change the cals burned. I beleive Delphi's device would be far more accurate. Not so sure the device is measuring above and beyond cals burned at rest (it's only a 65 cal difference). Is that how they work? Don't know anything about them except I would think ........oh IM tired

I better call it a night... Sorry to leave midsentence but I'm getting a little punchy. Either way, that cuff sounds fun! Thanks for the interesting tidbits delphi. A pleasure to read everyone's posts as always. I'm going to rest up and get ready for our new day girls. THe sun is supposed to shining and I want to start out our new ex. week with a nice walk! Big to you all. Catch you all in the morning.
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:23 PM   #415  

Jacqui,,,,, sounds great to me! Glad you had a better day today. You did good girl. Oh I was happy just to get a half hour on the wii today....lol. Keep up the good work , hope your appt. goes well tomorrow. Night : )
Old 05-14-2009, 11:32 PM   #416  

oh the junk food thing.....from what I understand, a lot of those types of food create an insulin spike and raises blood sugar. It also makes us hungry again shortly and we go back for more. The "whites" do it as well as anything sugary. Pasta used to nail me every time! Okay, this time I'm going to bed for real, lol . Did you know that white bread is really grey (through the oxidization process) but that no one wants to buy grey bread so they add bleach to it to make it white. I never looked at it the same way after. It's in that book , "eat this and live". Dr. Colburn is it? ANyway, I love the way that guy explained things.....more in depth than I have seen and I swear I never looked at white bread the same way again or hot dogssssssss! I loaned it to my mom . OMG, what a little yapper...okay okay, going to bed
Old 05-15-2009, 05:33 AM   #417  
There is no spoon!

Good Morning Ladies! My motivational quote for the day is....(we need a drumroll emotioncon) :

" Don't limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve."
Mary Kay Ash

Jacque ~ Mine is the GoWearFit armband! Made by BodyMedia. I was curious about my sleeping patterns so I wore it to bed last night as well. So I'll probably just wear it all day again and see how that turns out. I feel a bit better today, so I might get more exercise in and hopefully get something rigorous in, as I didn't yesterday.

Michelle ~ True. However, as FSA mentioned, the treadmill's algorithm it uses to calculate calories, doesn't take in various elements. Height, weight, how high or fast your swinging your arms, or if you are using weights, which as we all know are key factors to how many calories you are actually burning. The band measures skin temperature, heart rate, how much your body sweats and a number of other factors that are much too technical even for a tech geek like me. From what it looked like depending on what I ate, at my slowest I was only burning 1 calorie a minute idle and then at others it was 4 to 6 calories. I really do think it's about what you put in your body and exercise. I think the boost I give my metabolism every morning on the treadmill carries me through the day and gives my metabolism a jump start so to speak. I just want to keep it at these levels, hence the monitor so when my body does catch on to my low cal diet, I can counter it. You're fully of great facts..keep em coming!

Jacqui ~ I'm blushing over here. Thank you kindly! Way to go on getting a good on plan day in yesterday and good luck with the appointment. I really do hope that your day goes smooth tomorrow!

FSA ~ Oh man, don't even get me started on the rain. That's all we have seen the entire month. Mother nature needs to take a Valium already. But on staying on track, even when you don't feel all that hot. It really make you feel like poo, when you push through, but the next day when your smile is back, you simply feel empowered, that despite the odds, you conquered it. If you can push through your darkest of moments, you can push through anything.

@ everyone else ~ Keep up the good work...you ladies are doing a spectacular job.

Otay ladies, that is about it for me, time to guzzle my water, eat my multivitamin and go tear up some tread on my treadmill. You ladies, take it easy, have a wonderful day and don't forget your smiles!

Last edited by Delphi; 05-15-2009 at 05:36 AM.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:49 AM   #418  
Woman On A Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullSteamAhead View Post
oh the junk food thing.....from what I understand, a lot of those types of food create an insulin spike and raises blood sugar. It also makes us hungry again shortly and we go back for more. The "whites" do it as well as anything sugary. Pasta used to nail me every time! Okay, this time I'm going to bed for real, lol . Did you know that white bread is really grey (through the oxidization process) but that no one wants to buy grey bread so they add bleach to it to make it white. I never looked at it the same way after. It's in that book , "eat this and live". Dr. Colburn is it? ANyway, I love the way that guy explained things.....more in depth than I have seen and I swear I never looked at white bread the same way again or hot dogssssssss! I loaned it to my mom . OMG, what a little yapper...okay okay, going to bed
Maybe that is why I used to take a handful of chips, thinking I would stop there...and then go back into the kitchen grab the bag, sit on the couch and eat half the bag!!! I must admit, I don't eat white bread...always wheat!!

Yap Away!!!

Joci
Old 05-15-2009, 09:31 AM   #419  

S/C/G: oh **** no!/on my way/157

Height: 5'9"

Good morning ladies!

Just off the elliptical so I am sitting here a big sweaty mess but there is no webcam so I am not offending anyone. Have a busy day today with DDs birthday party so I am just going to focus on getting my water. There will be cake around here later but I am storing up my so that I don't nibble.

FSA~ It is going to be a beautiful day. Hope you get your walk in!

Jacqui~ Good luck on your eating today! We are pulling for you!

Delphi~ Really wish I had read the quote BEFORE I got on the elliptical as I may have pushed through those last 5 minutes. As it was I gave up on myself and now feel crummy.

Jacqueee~ Hooray on the upcoming visit. I bet that is super motivation over the next two weeks. They will be so surprised at your progress if you haven't seen them since Dec!

My thought for the day: NO JUNK FOOD. NO JUNK FOOD. NO JUNK FOOD. NO JUNK FOOD. Say it with my ladies: NO JUNK FOOD.
urockmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 10:12 AM   #420  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls!

Oh I know, big surprise, Shari's awake early in the morning! I actually got to bed at a decent time last night. I have a appointment at 11 am and I have to go to Wallyworld to get some money orders and other things. So I'm down 1 lb this week, I can and will do much better next week. I got my hair chopped off a few days ago, first time it's ever been this short. I'm probably going to the movies this weekend so I'm going to press it and make it look somewhat decent.

Personals later. TTYL!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote