Old 05-07-2009, 09:21 PM   #241  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

MrsH, it sounds like you are doing really well, until you go out to eat socially (2 lunches yesterday, Denny's high-cal breakfast today). Almost every Sunday, my husband and I used to go to this one mom and pop place to eat breakfast, and since my husband and I eat differently now, he still likes to go and of course wants my company. I love going with him, but now, I only order a hot tea and sip on it while he eats. Usually I eat a healthy breakfast before we get there, but even if I haven't, I still only order a tea and then eat when I get home. You have to make yourself a priority, which means even if you accept these invitations to go out to eat, you do not have to eat fattening food if that's all that's offered. I know it's hard to watch someone else eat, but if you just order something to drink, you can still enjoy the company, not the food! You'll feel so much better about it later!

Supachix, you girls have done amazingly!! Congrats on those 3 lbs and 4 lbs down!! And you've been doing regular exercise--that's fantastic!

Joci, I don't know if there is a secret to weight loss with TOM. I think the best you can do is drink plenty of water so your body won't hold more than necessary.

I am feeling better tonight. I drank 144 oz of water today, had a salad for lunch, went vegetarian for dinner and ate loads of veggies--I guess I'm trying to make up for yesterday! I'm still not back to my old self completely; that may not happen until I know I can get my strength training in on Saturday and TOM ends, but at least I'm not feeling so down. Thank you girls again!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 05-07-2009 at 09:24 PM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:28 PM   #242  

Default May Weight Loss Challenge List of Participants (so far!)

Weight Loss goals are in this list. Exercise goals are in the sister thread--May Exercise Challenge. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Lose 8-10 lbs
Jacqui_D: Lose 10 lbs to reach 187 lbs
SuzyQ: Lose 5-10 lbs; get "rear in gear"
CakeBatter: Wear any size 10; lose 7 lbs; keep working Flylady plan
Tammyjo: Lose 10 lbs
Jacque9999: Lose 1.5 - 2 lbs a week
Shrinkingleah: Lose 7 pounds by June 1st
Rowenna: Reach 105 lbs; feel great about self!
Hattie: Lose at least 5 lbs; reach at least 192 lbs; keep eating OP
BellaEllaEllAaa: Eat more fruits and veggies; drink 8 or more glasses of water throughout the day; stay positive, be supportive, and ask for support when needed
Mikayla: Lose 10lbs
Getlost: Strive to lose 3 lbs/week and not less than 8-10 lbs/month
Brown_Eyed_Staccie: By May 15th, reach 216 lbs; by May 31st, reach 210 lbs; be able to wear jeans done up and looking HOT
Lene1974: Lose 10 lbs; drink 64 oz of water a day
Neesy_20: Lose 10 lbs; be able to wear goal capris
SupaChix: Breawna: Lose 10 lbs Jodi: Lose 8 lbs
Econ_Nerd: Lose 10 or more lbs to reach 237.6 lbs or below
Wifey: Lose 8 lbs
StarryNights110: Lose 8-10 lbs to reach the 170s: stay within calorie limit; no sugar
Ms_Perception: Reach 165 lbs; eat more fruits and veggies (5/day)
Saramommy: Lose 8 lbs to reach 155 lbs
Fressca: Lose 7 lbs to reach 155 lbs
Michelle0630: Lose 5 lbs
Musiclover: Lose 6.5 lbs to reach 147 lbs
Newshinyme: Lose 1-2 lbs a week to break through the 30 lb loss mark
Lewisempire: Lose 5 lbs to reach 195 lbs
JasonsLea: Stay POP 85% of the month (26 out of 31 days); try to incorporate the Abs Power Diet into my eating plan; lose 10 lbs
Westtexaschick: Reach 140-138 lbs
Smallification: Lose 6 lbs to reach "normal weight" BMI
Skinnygurlinside: Lose 10 lbs
Mcrunner: Lose 5 lbs; eat more fruits and veggies; get back to using FitDay regularly
MrsHomeStretch: Lose 19.5 lbs; burn 40,300 calories this month; eat 1300 calories or less a day
Delphi: Stay within daily calorie intake allowance; lose at least 3 lbs
Canadianangel: Lose 16 lbs
Crazymamaof4: Lose 10 lbs to reach 177 lbs; lose inches; eat more fruits and veggies; get out of "obese" BMI category
Scaleskl: Lose 8 lbs; drink at least 64 oz of water per day
Fenderella: Reach 299 lbs
Terapet: Lose 3 lbs
E.mccoy: Lose 10 lbs to reach 202 lbs; no late night snacking
FABlynne: Lose 10 lbs
Urockmom: Lose vacation weight; lose 3 additional lbs
Old 05-07-2009, 09:43 PM   #243  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqui_D View Post

Joci, I don't know if there is a secret to weight loss with TOM. I think the best you can do is drink plenty of water so your body won't hold more than necessary.

I am feeling better tonight. I drank 144 oz of water today, had a salad for lunch, went vegetarian for dinner and ate loads of veggies--I guess I'm trying to make up for yesterday! I'm still not back to my old self completely; that may not happen until I know I can get my strength training in on Saturday and TOM ends, but at least I'm not feeling so down. Thank you girls again!
Glad you are feeling better!!! I drink as much as I can, always. I drink almost 90 oz a day. I have no idea how you drink so much. I would have to permanently have the bottle at my mouth. Not to mention, a toilet right next to me!!!
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:55 PM   #244  

Hi ladies

Hope everyone had a good day. I'm going to head to bed early tonight and play catch up but wanted to c heck in first.
DH took me and my parents to dinner and we had a great time. I wont be seeing my mom on Sunday as she has an event to attend so it worked out super that we got together tonight and I got to see dad too! The dinner was excellent. I got the bk. haddock , and a salad from the salad bar. I stayed OP, skipped bread , skipped the potato and ordered some cauliflower instead (ate a little and gave the rest to ma! lol ).
I am sleepy now! It was a good day planwise and I had my water and did my workout. I think the sun will be coming out tomorrow, can't wait!

Suzy, good luck with the WI tomorrow and thanks for those good vibes! : )

urockmom, hi again : ). SOunds like you sure got in a lot of exercise at Disney. About the ticker, o hhhhhhhhh, I think it's good you don't do that. I would never do that, it would harm me psychologically...lol, it really would! I would just work to get back to the number and then go from there. Sounds like you did a lot in Disney, hope you had a blast and once again wb .

Lewisempire, those morning glories are called "heavenly blue". The blossoms are really big (about 5" I think) and they have the most incredible shade of blue! I can't wait until they bloom. How are your tomato plants do ing? DH came home with 3 of them the other day. I wasn't planning to put any in this year as I will have so much to take care of when DH is gone on business for a project. I think he would of gotten a lot more but they only had 3 left! lol. Still , I am excited. Lewis? I want to ask you something girl. He put them in big pots. I told him before that we always put them in the garden and I don't think those are for pots (they have deep roots etc, yes?) and that grape or cherry tomatoes are okay. I plan to search it out or dig up my old gardening book! Do you have any idea? Have you ever attempted to grow any in the pots?

Canadianangel, I understand...I am stubborn too! Hang in there, not overdoing it right now will mean a speedier recovery and then you will be able to do all the things you want. The good news is you can walk and just by getting around and that weight bearing, you wont lose muscle. Hope you had a good night : ).

Jacqui , wtg on your day! You know someting? SOme months (particularly last few years) TOM messes with me emotions pretty bad and I get a little My hormones do and things will upset me or bother me that I would otherwise not give a second thought too. THankfully this past month wasn't too bad. When it happens, DH picks on me and sings "happy days are here again, here again" Anyhow, enough of my rambling, glad your day went well .

Mrs.Homestretch, hope your night went well. THose spur of the moment eating out times can be tough. I now (for now) have limited mine to aplace which is a safe zone for me because I get the fish there which is healthy and I love it. Regarding breakfast, Oh how I loved my SUnday brunches with DH but had to cut that out for awhile. On occassion I go but cut back. ANyhow, some of us plan our meals a few days in advance in an effort to impede any illicit food ideas and spur of the moment things. It helpssssssss so so so so much, it is one of the absolute number one things that keeps me in line! If your not doing it already, it might help you out...just a suggestion of course. Speaking of which, I have to creat my meal plan and list for the weekend and head over to the grocery store. Running out of ingredients is a danger zone for me too! Anyhow, tis a new day tomorrow,,, keep on trucking and wtg on getting that compliment! .

SUpachix, oooopssss! sorry, i forgot to find that post. After posting this I am going to go find it and let you know. Ohhhh, congratulationsssss to you and breawna on your weight losses! Those are great numbers! Keep up the great work

Hi Jacque, hope your feeling okay. Regarding any suggestion with TOM and weight at a standstill I can share my personal experience. I usually get very bloated and retain a lot of fluid, have a gain and now way a loss during (one month i had a loss though) and then t ypically have a good drop after tom when I release fluids. We are all different and I am sure it varies for us all but you know what helped me tremendously last month or the month before ? I started drinking a lot of water a few days before ( a lot!) and was sure to avoid salty foods. I did not get nearly as bloated and puffy as usual and thus it also helped with the cramp situation. Hang in there, you may see a drop after tom when . I would just drink a lot of water and stay away from salty stuff. Also, if you would like an additioal aid in releasing fluid you can munch on some shredded green cabbage, it's a natural diuretic and works like a charm! Dandelion tea is also a natural diuretic and may help out. Hang in there, your doing great with your workouts and all .

Jacqui? You go to the breakfast spot with him and get something to drink? OMG, I honestly don't think I could do that. I give you a lottttttttttt of credit! Glad your feeling better

Last edited by FullSteamAhead; 05-07-2009 at 11:13 PM.
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:10 PM   #245  

Supachics, I found it. Rowenna was kind enough to explain it to us earlier and provide a link to get more info. I am copying and pasting her post here and hopefully the link works too, if not c heck out her post on page 6 and see if the link works from there. Good luck

(pasted by FSA) I have never done the C25K program, but a lot of people love it and it's worth trying if you're not a runner. It is a beginner's running program where you progress through stages of running so that you can eventually run a 5K (30 minutes). It starts with combinations of jogging and walking, and gives you instructions on what to do each week to work your way up. This is a link to the plan, if you're interested!

Rowenna, hope it is okay t hat I pasted this here, you explained it so well.

Girls, time for nighty night! I hope you all sleep well and have a great day tomorrow. We have 3 weeks to go from this Monday so there is still plenty of time for us to work on our goals, plans, etc. THis journey is so much more fun with you all, catch you tomorrow
Old 05-08-2009, 05:15 AM   #246  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Good Morning ladies! Everyone should be quite proud, because you guys are doing an exceptional job! Virtual round of drinks on me.

I've managed to keep within my calorie intake for the past seven days and exercised on those same days, so I believe I earned myself a day off. I'm a little sore, so I think my body is trying to tell me to either slow down or that it needs to play catch up. I kinda feel bad about that though. I know I need to exercise to burn the extra calories I need to lose weight, so I suppose to a certain extent, I'm a bit fearful that if I don't exercise, I'll gain weight. Yikes!

Regardless, I'm in control. Last night I felt so bad about how sore I was and got a little discouraged and thought to myself, I think I need a little comfort. So I opened the door to the fridge, and shut it right back...it simply wasn't worth it. That just proved to me, I'm in control and I'm committed to doing this. If I can ward off food in my darkest of moments...then I'm well on my way to achieving my goals and that ladies, is something I'm extremely excited about.

So you guys have a grrrrreat day ahead and remember to smile, you all are to beautiful not to!
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:52 AM   #247  
So close!

S/C/G: 162/143/105

Height: 5'3"

Here is the link for the C25K if anyone's interested. Thanks FSA for keeping everyone informed!

Glad everyone's doing well. I've had ups and downs lately. Hopefully today will be all up! Tomorrow is my weigh-in, and my number was so great last Saturday, I haven't seen anything so low all week. I know that it's not a big deal, I am doing well, but it would be nice to see a number around 107.

Good luck all!
Rowenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:31 AM   #248  

Good morning everyone Happy new day and Happy Friday!

Delphi, wtg on a good past week Personally, I feel that after exercising those many days and/or if muscles are sore...a day off is beneficial in that it gives them a chance to recoup and rest. You wont gain weight by not exercising for one day.....you earned it Delphi! Congrats on a good week cal. wise and ex. wise Your doing terrific! You have a great day too

Rowennaaaaaaa, thanks for putting that link up for us again, ty! . Good luck with your WI. Your at a wonderful weight already, even under! I'm sure you have heard that here before though and I understand you want to lose a few more. As you mentioned one other time, those last few lbs. can be real buggers and come off slow, hang in there girl! Congrats onyour overall loss as well, you have done terrific

Lene, 3 more days to complete our week...yay! Here is to another OP day for us, let's keep it rolling! . How are you doing? I havn't gotten carb cravings yet, it's nothing like it was when I first did this in Oct (prob because I was just starting out then). I did have a 2 servings f.f refried beans thus far this week which prob. helped w/the carb craving factor and I am not experiencing the so called SBD flu this time. Last time, ay ay ay, I got so tired the first week...must of been the detoxing from all the sugar and bad carbs I was eating prior to starting. I had forgotten to have some legumes to help with that. Anyhow, I feel so much better already ...have an awesome day Lene

A big hello to you all

okay chickies, time to get a move on. I hope everyone has a terrific day and start to the weekend. I did great with my water last night and will work on it today as well. The is shining today! Oh is that ever nice to see! who knows, I may be able to catch some rays today if I have time. Let's keep on truckin', chat soon
Old 05-08-2009, 09:39 AM   #249  
live, laugh, love

S/C/G: 265/202/160

Height: 5'5

Its Friday!!

Last night,i was adding up my calorie intake and realize..imnot eating enough..i think i went into panic mode from not being able to run ect. So i went out and bought vanilla flavored silk soymilk, and mixed it with my protien pwder..yummy..i was in heaven. today im going to attempt to plant the rest of the flowers outside.

tonioght is my sons bithday party with his friends..pizza, icecream cake, pop, candy,chips..owww my...bring on the will power...so here is my promise to all of you..i will have a healthy supper, and only a shiver of the cake...

and on the good side..the scale finally jumped!! down 2.2 bye bye to the platue i hope

have a wonderful day everyone!

ang
canadianangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:45 AM   #250  

CanadianAngelllllll , I am so happy for you! That is just the lift you needed right now, congratulations on that awesome loss! Here is some for tonight, have a wonderful time and Happy Birthday to your son.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:41 PM   #251  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon ladies! *yawn* What a morning! I volunteered in ds' class this morning (kinder) and brought the girls...man, I'm beat! I was really irked when I woke up this morning because I had every intention of waking up a little early so I could get my strength training in before I left, but, hubby overslept and that meant I woke up only 5 mins early. Bah! However, I still managed to get my strength training in (I really, really didn't want to do it after we got home! ) and hustled like mad to get out of here and to school by 9:00.

Everyone sounds like they're doing great! I'm totally for taking a day off when needed--sometimes you just need time to recoup! That's why I space out my strength training like I do--otherwise I'd barely be able to move! LOL

So, down a smidge more today (have I mentioned I love this scale?! Seeing fractions drop instead of waiting for whole pounds is so motivating!), 180.8. Unfortunately, I think I'm losing this fast because I'm not eating enough (I struggle to get in 1100/day and I work out every day so I know I need more). I am trying to eat every 2-3 hrs, but it's hard! Plus, I'm having a hard time getting the veggies in and I'm relying on microwave lunches (Lean Cuisine and Weight Watchers) too much. I need help girls! Tell me how to get more veggies in! I'm not a fantastic cook so when it comes to cooking veggies (which is how I prefer to eat them) I end up just steaming them--borrrrrrring! Anybody have any tricks or suggestions on how to make them more yummy? I feel like the only veggies I'm getting in these days is lettuce, spinach and snow peas when I make a big salad.

Well ladies, as I mentioned, it was a crazy morning. I've got everyone in bed for naps and I think I'm going to join them!! I'll try to check in later girls, until then, be sure to...

DRINK YOUR WATER!!!!

(which is exactly what I need to do too! )

Have a great day ladies!!!

Last edited by iDream; 05-08-2009 at 12:42 PM.
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:41 PM   #252  

Happy first day of the second week of our May Weight Loss Challenge, everyone!! Everyone is doing so well! Look at all the weight losses already!! Great job!!

I am feeling so much better today, back to my old self! Thank you all for helping me get past the blues yesterday!

FSA, like you TOM has bothered me much more in the last couple of years. I imagine that's natural as we age. The hormones go a bit haywire!

Joci, yes, 144 oz of water is a lot! 90 oz is too! My body has pretty well adjusted, unless I add green tea! That always ups my trips to the bathroom, lol!

Ang, congrats on breaking through your plateau and losing 2.2 lbs!! Yay! That's great news!

Delphi, WTG on staying OP the first week, and now on to the next! Woohoo!

Hi to all our ladies! I hope you have a great day and a great weekend! Make it a good one!
Old 05-08-2009, 12:45 PM   #253  

CMof4, what a morning you had!! Great job getting your strength training in anyway! And congrats on the further weight loss! You go girl!! I wish I could help you on the veggies, but I'm not a cook either. I just eat mine raw or steamed! Luckily, I like them that way!
Old 05-08-2009, 12:59 PM   #254  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Hey all, I made my 10% goal at WW last night which was great. I haven't weigh for a couple days, so I can say exactly where I am, but I am OP. I have reached the 160's, but haven't changed my ticker since It keep fluctuating up and down .4-.6 I am hovering around 169.6. It is awesone finally hitting a new decade, but I'd love to be in it more securely!!!
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:11 PM   #255  

S/C/G: 183/160/148

Height: 5'6"

Hi Ladies!

Ugh, the last couple of days have been crazy all good stuff but just so busy. I weighed myself this AM and I have lost 5lbs this week. I have drank all my water and have stayed OP on SB each day. The water surprises me more than the food.

Ang~ Congratulations on the 2.2lbs!!!! Happy birthday to your son and I wish you the best of luck ignoring the temptation.

Fullsteam~ Hi doll, I'm glad you are doing so well. It's funny I was going to ask you how the cravings have been for you. I really haven't been having problems with cravings either. I would think if we were to get the SB "flu" it would have happened during those first couple of days. That's when it hit me last time. I'm glad you are feeling so good, I am too. My clothes are starting to get a little looser already. It seems so early for that but maybe I just was bloated with water. (I'm totally envisioning one of those big frogs with the puffy cheeks blown out ) Have a great day today and I do hope you can get some sun.

Rowenna~ good luck with that weigh-in tomorrow.

Delphi~ Hey girl don't feel bad if you skip a day of exercising. Your body does need to recover or you end up putting yourself at risk for injury. And you don't want to lose all that time trying to recover from that. You need a break.

Jacqui_D~ I'm sorry you aren't feeling quite right yet. It sounds like you are still doing everything right. (Maybe you should drink more water???? 144ozs. doesn't sound like enough ) Feel better soon.

Jodi and Breawna~ You girls are doing fantastic! Congratulations on the loss!!

MrsH~ It sounds like you made some choices you regret, but it's done with and today's a new day. Good luck!!

Ms P~ Yay for making your 10% and seeing the 160s. I love getting into a new decade too. When I see the 140s I'm going to be screaming so much you'll hear me at your house. Good job!!!!
lene1974 is offline   Reply With Quote