Old 05-09-2009, 10:50 AM   #286  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewisempire View Post
I am also proud to say, I am still in Onederland this morning, and I am gonna do my best to bolt the Darn Door Shut FOREVER!!!
Thanks and you should be proud..I know I'm proud of you. You're well on your way!
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:39 AM   #287  

Good morning girlsssss Hope you all woke up to a great day.

It's cloudy here but I think the sun is going to be peeking out. I have some catching up to do here, I was tired when I popped in last night. I had this beef and bean mixture that I whipped up once a few months ago and I make it every so often now. Anyways, it was my first time having beef this week and it was delicious but a lil' heavy on my tummy. To catch up with your posts from last n ight girls.

Lewisempire, you sweet thing you! lol Bring it on girl! Ty so much fro the kind words I really look forward to your posts too and as I said once, your like the It's true! Congrats once again on your victory! I hope you do something real special for yourself ,though I know that the feelings prob tops everything else! oh yessssss, you have the cruise coming up! Lewis, thanks for getting back to me about the tomato plants girl. OMG, guess what? THe cypruss vines started blooming!!!!!! I planted some of those too (they are vines like the morning glories) for the hummers. THey have small tubulur red flowers. I am putting my feeder out this weekend. Check for them especially around dusk, (or a little before) it's a good time to catch them feeding.
Regarding the SBD, I promised to make myself wait until the end of the week but it's been hard not to WI. I took a peek last time I was on it and the scale hadnt moved much in the beginning (which is odd) but ended up going down a lot after! This time was different, I just know it! I was releasing a lot of fluids and drinking a lot of water...that's prob what made the difference. I got all excited with Lene's loss and prob would of jumped on the scale this morning were it not for my tummy feeling a bit heavy from last nights dinner. I can't wait until MOnday, thanks so much for the well wishes sweetheart I will keep you posted. OH, I will be doing it for 2 weeks (phase 1) and then take it from there.

Lene, congrats to you once again too!!! You mentioned the water, yesssssss, I think it really helps too. You must be so excited, I can't wait until Monday but It's the feel good that I am loving right now...rings are looser, even shoes! lol Lene, you know what you said about your clothes being looser and it being too soon, it's the SBD....! I remember last time mytummy looking a lot smaller (they call it the belly flattener too I think?) its from the lack of bad carbs and the fluids like you said which is so cool because you look and feel even skinnier than the number! I remember feeling that way last time. Okay, I am rambling, sorry! lol
I did manage a little bit of sun yesterday. I invited my mom over and she came for lunch and we sat outdoors a bit. It was nice to relax as I finished the downstairs cleaning in the morning and later in the afternoon went grocery shopping. I had too! I was virtually out of ingredients and that is a big no no! Glad I beat the weekend rush too! ANyhow, hope your having a great weekend and thanks again for helping me to get started 2 more days! Let's keep on truckin'

Wow, I really can write! I better post this before I lose it and I will be back.
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:42 AM   #288  

S/C/G: 218.8/198/135

Height: 5'4

Good morning ladies,

crazymamaof4: That you for all of your support.

The sun is shining and I am feeling very thankful this morning. But I want to pick some of your brains this morning. This week has been a good week for me as far as exercise and staying within my calories but I cant let go of the sweets. I have some in the house from my family who was here visiting but flew home yesterday. I know that I must get rid of them but what can I do about this massive sweet tooth that I have. Everynight after dinner my body craves sweets.

Last edited by e.mccoy; 05-09-2009 at 11:43 AM.
e.mccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:56 AM   #289  

MrsPerception, congratulationsssssss on the loss and on hitting a new decade! I hope you change that ticker soon, you so deserve it, give yourself that Keep up the great work : ). Oh happy to see you over there too, as always chickie.

SuzyQ, congrats to you on the loss as well Hope your having a great weekend and a Happy Mothers day to you too!

Newshinyme, lol@ electric fence around the fridge, now there is an idea I hope your afternoon and evening went well yesterday and mostly that your feeling better today. Nothing ever worked for me, (aspirin, etc.) and some months it's so bad I can't move. ANyhow, I discovered that ALLeve helps me somewhat (but works better if I take it before i get in pain) or even start taking it a day or two before onset of TOM. Have you tried it? SOmetimes I get ravenous around that time too, not every time but sometimes. Here is to yet another new day and hope it is a great one for you!

emcoy? That is so awesome! regarding feeling more confident than ever in your life and on your good week and all. Congratulations to you Hold onto that, that really is a beautiful thing keep up the great work.

SupaChicks, you are so very welcome! What great news that your son is interested in doing it as well! OMG, that rocks! lol It's a chain reaction, nice going! Good luck with the WI today, I hope it went well and either way keep on trucking, what your doing is fabulous all the way around : ).

ok ladies posting this in fear of losing it and wil be back.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:01 PM   #290  
There is no spoon!

@ emcoy ~ For my sweet tooth, I either head for the watermelon ( as one of the lovely ladies here suggested) or a nutrigrain bar...those things are so yummy and very low calorie, but definitely hit the spot. Then theres always fruit or I even have those fudge pops that are like 20 calories, that sometimes do the trick.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:07 PM   #291  

Hi again, Emccoy just read your post. I wish I could help you more on that but I don't have a sweet tooth and am not really a dessert person (which is odd I know, so much so that people find it hard to beleive) but I did think of something! I remember quite a ways back reading about some banana recipe t hingy! I actually remember hearing quite a few people saying that this banana hit the sweet spot!, so to speak. THey slice it in half (ay ay ay, dont remember what they sprayed it with, Pam butter flavor?? I really can't recall) and then sprinkle it with cinammon and bake it. Maybe some of the gals here can elaborate more. For a chocolate fix (I do get choc. cravings sometimes around TOM time) I get those jello puddings. THey come in a six or 8 pack and I get the sugar free choc. and van. ones. THey taste rich! They really hit the spot too! Wish I could help more but that's all my knowledge in this department, I'm sure the girls will have some ideas for you! Oh yea, oh my goodness, your right about getting those things out of the house and quite frankly, the sooner the better! Good luck and keep us posted as to your discoveries and what works for you THe more ammo we all have, the better! : )
Old 05-09-2009, 12:21 PM   #292  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
@ emcoy ~ For my sweet tooth, I either head for the watermelon ( as one of the lovely ladies here suggested) or a nutrigrain bar...those things are so yummy and very low calorie, but definitely hit the spot. Then theres always fruit or I even have those fudge pops that are like 20 calories, that sometimes do the trick.
Thank you Delphi.

I have never thought to satisfy my sweet tooth with naturally sweet fruit, great idea. When I think of sweets I think candy, cake, cookies, etc. And as hot as it is in california this week I am definately going to pick up some of those 20 calorie fudge bars. Um I cant wait. Thank you for the reply delphi. Enjoy youre weekend.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:25 PM   #293  

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullSteamAhead View Post
Hi again, Emccoy just read your post. I wish I could help you more on that but I don't have a sweet tooth and am not really a dessert person (which is odd I know, so much so that people find it hard to beleive) but I did think of something! I remember quite a ways back reading about some banana recipe t hingy! I actually remember hearing quite a few people saying that this banana hit the sweet spot!, so to speak. THey slice it in half (ay ay ay, dont remember what they sprayed it with, Pam butter flavor?? I really can't recall) and then sprinkle it with cinammon and bake it. Maybe some of the gals here can elaborate more. For a chocolate fix (I do get choc. cravings sometimes around TOM time) I get those jello puddings. THey come in a six or 8 pack and I get the sugar free choc. and van. ones. THey taste rich! They really hit the spot too! Wish I could help more but that's all my knowledge in this department, I'm sure the girls will have some ideas for you! Oh yea, oh my goodness, your right about getting those things out of the house and quite frankly, the sooner the better! Good luck and keep us posted as to your discoveries and what works for you THe more ammo we all have, the better! : )
Thank you fullsteamahead. I am so thankful to you guys for your input. All these things sound so deliciuos. I am going to try them all. Not at the same time of course LOL.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:26 PM   #294  

Hi Jacqui, how's your weekend going ? Hope your having a great one.

Lea, wtg on maintaining.

Michelle, I was just telling emccoy about those choc. puddings, I get the sugar free ones and they are only 60 cals each! Taste rich and chocalety, ever given them a whirl?

OH girls, THe SBD (south beach diet) has a recipe section and those ladies are pretty darn creative! (even for ph1). I havn't checked out the dessert section but for anyone interested in some new ideas...keep it in mind. Oh yes, someone was asking about veggie idea...I think they have a veggie section too.

Delphiiiiiii, hi there When is your birthday sweet lady? and congrats on your wii fit and b ooks! I have wii fit too, DH got it for me back in Feb. and I have been using it since! I hope you have lot's of fun with it. Your books sound so good, I love books like that. I read all the health mags etc. (got them from neice, a lot of the proceeds go to the school) but that's different! Body for life one for women, who is the author of that one? oh you must be excited, I am and i dont even h ave it Is it good? let me know. Know you have another night project wtg Delphi!

Hi crazymama good luck with your measurements tomorrow and hope you have a great day as well : ).

Delphi, I find what you said to be so true. Doing it for health and reasons of th at sort and not just to lose weigh alone makes a difference, I really think it does. It has for me....

oops, DH is after me....lol. Ladies, I have to run. I hope you all have a terrific day and a very Happy Mothers Day to all the moms out there. Have a wonderful time! Catch you all soon
Old 05-09-2009, 12:37 PM   #295  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone...been busy lately so I haven't been on like forever...no really, I think it's been 24 hours but that seems like forever. Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Went out with friends last night, drank and danced it off. Feel pretty good today and now that TOM is on his way out, I am doing better then I was earlier in the week. Didn't make it to Pilates class or the gym this morning HOWEVER, I did get my pilates machine out and did a new dvd I just got. What a great workout. Since it is not raining, I will probably take a walk this afternoon. Everyone, have a great day!!!
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 12:44 PM   #296  

S/C/G: 280/280/155

Height: 5'8

Well, My May challenge would be to lose 10 pounds... I've never done the whole monthly goal thing so I guess I'll see. I've cut back on yum yums, lol... and have been power walking when I can. better than doing nothing i guess.good luck to you all and hopefully i can one day join the others who have reached their ultimate goal.
cheecheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:31 PM   #297  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Default May Weight Loss Challenge List of Participants (so far!)

Weight Loss goals are in this list. Exercise goals are in the sister thread--May Exercise Challenge. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Lose 8-10 lbs
Jacqui_D: Lose 10 lbs to reach 187 lbs
SuzyQ: Lose 5-10 lbs; get "rear in gear"
CakeBatter: Wear any size 10; lose 7 lbs; keep working Flylady plan
Tammyjo: Lose 10 lbs
Jacque9999: Lose 1.5 - 2 lbs a week
Shrinkingleah: Lose 7 pounds by June 1st
Rowenna: Reach 105 lbs; feel great about self!
Hattie: Lose at least 5 lbs; reach at least 192 lbs; keep eating OP
BellaEllaEllAaa: Eat more fruits and veggies; drink 8 or more glasses of water throughout the day; stay positive, be supportive, and ask for support when needed
Mikayla: Lose 10lbs
Getlost: Strive to lose 3 lbs/week and not less than 8-10 lbs/month
Brown_Eyed_Staccie: By May 15th, reach 216 lbs; by May 31st, reach 210 lbs; be able to wear jeans done up and looking HOT
Lene1974: Lose 10 lbs; drink 64 oz of water a day
Neesy_20: Lose 10 lbs; be able to wear goal capris
SupaChix: Breawna: Lose 10 lbs Jodi: Lose 8 lbs
Econ_Nerd: Lose 10 or more lbs to reach 237.6 lbs or below
Wifey: Lose 8 lbs
StarryNights110: Lose 8-10 lbs to reach the 170s: stay within calorie limit; no sugar
Ms_Perception: Reach 165 lbs; eat more fruits and veggies (5/day)
Saramommy: Lose 8 lbs to reach 155 lbs
Fressca: Lose 7 lbs to reach 155 lbs
Michelle0630: Lose 5 lbs
Musiclover: Lose 6.5 lbs to reach 147 lbs
Newshinyme: Lose 1-2 lbs a week to break through the 30 lb loss mark
Lewisempire: Lose 5 lbs to reach 195 lbs
JasonsLea: Stay POP 85% of the month (26 out of 31 days); try to incorporate the Abs Power Diet into my eating plan; lose 10 lbs
Westtexaschick: Reach 140-138 lbs
Smallification: Lose 6 lbs to reach "normal weight" BMI
Skinnygurlinside: Lose 10 lbs
Mcrunner: Lose 5 lbs; eat more fruits and veggies; get back to using FitDay regularly
MrsHomeStretch: Lose 19.5 lbs; burn 40,300 calories this month; eat 1300 calories or less a day
Delphi: Stay within daily calorie intake allowance; lose at least 3 lbs
Canadianangel: Lose 16 lbs
Crazymamaof4: Lose 10 lbs to reach 177 lbs; lose inches; eat more fruits and veggies; get out of "obese" BMI category
Scaleskl: Lose 8 lbs; drink at least 64 oz of water per day
Fenderella: Reach 299 lbs
Terapet: Lose 3 lbs
E.mccoy: Lose 10 lbs to reach 202 lbs; no late night snacking
FABlynne: Lose 10 lbs
Urockmom: Lose vacation weight; lose 3 additional lbs
Wantstoloseweight: Lose 10-12 lbs
CheeCheen: Lose 10 lbs
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:51 PM   #298  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi CheeCheen, welcome! I've added you to the list above! Good luck!

Joci, it sounds like you had a great time last night! Glad you're feeling better!

FSA, hey lady!! I'm having a very nice weekend! I hope you are too! It sounds like your SBD is going great!! Good for you!! I can't wait to hear about your WI!

E.Mccoy, I'd definitely go with the natural fruit to satisfy your sweet tooth. The sooner you can get away from processed and refined sweets, the better. As long as you keep relying on them, your sweet tooth will remain strong. But natural sweets like fruit fill you up and are great for you in so many ways! One that you might like is apple slices with cinnamon sprinkled on them. Yum!

Lewis, that is great that you are slamming the door on the 200s! I'll join you!!

Delphi, thank you! You too are an inspiration!

CMof4, Good attitude about the slight gain. Since you've been OP, there's no way it can be fat, so it has to be water fluctuating. It happens to all of us!

Just in case I miss any of you beautiful mothers out there tomorrow, HAPPY MOTHER"S DAY!!!!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 05-09-2009 at 01:53 PM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 02:08 PM   #299  
There is no spoon!

Welcome aboard CheeCheen!

Fullsteamahead ~ The author is Pamela Peeke and I'm just now starting it and already like what I've read...I'll keep you guys posted. I did try the Wii out today as well as the Wii Fit and I LOVE it. It wasn't anything high impact but I think that's what I needed something very low impact to merely compliment my exercise routine, so I'm very pleased. My birthday isn't until July but, my friend just couldn't wait, he wanted to help me now. God bless his soul.

Mccoy ~ No problem, we are all here to help each other right?

Jacque ~ Good job on the great workout! Kudos!

and Jacqui D...Ah...I feel a group hug coming on.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:30 PM   #300  

Jacque, good for you getting a workout in today even after a night out . What type of music did you dance too? Oh how I miss that, Havn't gone to a club dancing in years...its on my agenda for this summer, I absolutely love dancing! A lot of the places around here had closed down but they started popping up again. HOpe you had a great time and enjoy the evening

cheecheen, to our team.

Jacqui, good . Yes, it's been a real nice weekend thus far. thanks....I'll keep you posted...down to the wire here as Monday is right around the corner so I am staying strong. I was out today though and didn't drink much water so I am working on that now and will sip it all night.

Delphi, ty for the authors name and info : ). Have you tried the step yet? It's in the aerobics section, my fave is the advanced step and free step...I do those a lot and found a way to really intensify the free step but im not saying more. I want you to see it w hen you unlock them, lol

I went to the garden center with DH today and bought our mom's some beautiful flowering hanging plants (get them every year, they are called million bells). We got one for our deck too (i love those things, I usually go back and get more) and the hummers love t hem too so I got a red one! OUr mom's are deep bright pink, oh so pretty!
Planwise, the day is going very well. The chicken lettuce wrap was delicious. I like those things! I had some leftover veggies that I baked yesterday (the briam casserole with gr. zuchhini, onion, a lil' garlic, and eggplant).
As for exercise, from the moment I woke up I said to myself...I am taking the day off today, no cleaning........no nothing! lol I did of course do the sink and kitchen so I wouldn't have to look at that all day. Dh and I took a little stroll on the boardwalk, it turned out to be a rather warm and pleasant day...even though it's a little muggy. I better move my tail...DH is outdoors puttering again and I want to help bring up some stuff onto the deck. Talk soon girls, have a great night.