Old 05-05-2009, 03:30 PM   #181  

S/C/G: J- 198/196/163 B- 254/246/200

Well I hate to admit it to myself, but I actually felt energized after we got home from the bike ride. Hate to admit it cause I know then I have to keep it up- lol. It IS nice to have an exercise buddy. Always before I would have to do it alone and so it would rarely happen. We both want to try jogging, don't know why I do, I have just always thought it would be more fun than walking. But both of us are a little weirded out by doing it in public just quite yet.
We will have to get a walk in tonight since we are going to a mother-daughter dinner with Breawna's friend and her mom. No time for bike riding, plus we want to mix it up a little so we don't get bored.

Anyhow, just wanted to check in. We will weigh in on Thursday morning. Not sure if I will see any movement in numbers, but I do know I feel different, more energized and my outlook is more hopeful :-)

See ya'll later!
Jodi
SupaChix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:48 PM   #182  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls!

I got the internet and cable installed yesterday morning so I'll be back to my regular posting tomorrow! I'm at work right now, massive headache already. I'm off tomorrow and Thursday, both of which will be spent unpacking all my junk.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:44 PM   #183  
ISO my perfect body

Height: 5'7.5"

HHHHHIIIIIII Jasonslea! we have missed you, sorry about your headache, and the unpacking thing. (it doesn't sound like much fun!) But we are so glad you remembered to come back to say Hi! Hope you get to feeling better, and that elves arrive to help unpack! HAHAH
Lewisempire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:46 PM   #184  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqui_D View Post
Good morning Joci! Wow, girl, you do make an early day of it! I saw that you already got your exercise in! Fantastic!
Yes...today was EXTREMELY early too....been a rough couple of days and not sleeping so I was up from 1:30-4:30. Needless to say TU/TH/FR...I am at the gym by 5:30 anyway.
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:14 PM   #185  
Now with 10% less fat!

S/C/G: 139/120.2/106

Height: 4'11"

I haven't been keeping up with this thread! I need to start back near the beginning and read through.

But I am popping in excitedly to say that my scale went down almost two pounds today! I was getting frustrated because it hadn't budged in a couple of weeks.
smallification is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:17 PM   #186  

S/C/G: 218.8/198/135

Height: 5'4

Hi I would love to join you if its not too late. I know im about 5 days behind schedule but here are my goals:

1. Lose 10 pounds (which would put me at 202)
2. Walk for 30 min after dinner
3. NO LATE NIGHT SNACKING

I want to start slow
e.mccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:34 PM   #187  
So close!

S/C/G: 162/143/105

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonsLea View Post
girls!

I got the internet and cable installed yesterday morning so I'll be back to my regular posting tomorrow! I'm at work right now, massive headache already. I'm off tomorrow and Thursday, both of which will be spent unpacking all my junk.
Oh man, I am going to be here soon. I am currently working on packing my stuff... I am not excited about moving. It is going to disrupt my schedule enormously. Cringe....

All I can do is make these last two weeks count as much as I can, then go with the flow. Today was great exercise-wise. Food was so hard because my dining hall had a "picnic lunch" today - the only meat was burgers and barbequed chicken (which I hate) and the only vegetable in the whole place was corn on the cob... and the desserts were so hard to avoid, but I had a burger with no bun, corn, a banana, and some skim milk... dinner was almost worse, but I managed. The exciting part of the move will be being off this meal plan and able to COOK my own food at last!!!

Last edited by Rowenna; 05-06-2009 at 06:50 AM.
Rowenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:14 PM   #188  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Default May Weight Loss Challenge List of Participants (so far!)

Weight Loss goals are in this list. Exercise goals are in the sister thread--May Exercise Challenge. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Lose 8-10 lbs
Jacqui_D: Lose 10 lbs to reach 187 lbs
SuzyQ: Lose 5-10 lbs; get "rear in gear"
CakeBatter: Wear any size 10; lose 7 lbs; keep working Flylady plan
Tammyjo: Lose 10 lbs
Jacque9999: Lose 1.5 - 2 lbs a week
Shrinkingleah: Lose 7 pounds by June 1st
Rowenna: Reach 105 lbs; feel great about self!
Hattie: Lose at least 5 lbs; reach at least 192 lbs; keep eating OP
BellaEllaEllAaa: Eat more fruits and veggies; drink 8 or more glasses of water throughout the day; stay positive, be supportive, and ask for support when needed
Mikayla: Lose 10lbs
Getlost: Strive to lose 3 lbs/week and not less than 8-10 lbs/month
Brown_Eyed_Staccie: By May 15th, reach 216 lbs; by May 31st, reach 210 lbs; be able to wear jeans done up and looking HOT
Lene1974: Lose 10 lbs; drink 64 oz of water a day
Neesy_20: Lose 10 lbs; be able to wear goal capris
SupaChix: Breawna: Lose 10 lbs Jodi: Lose 8 lbs
Econ_Nerd: Lose 10 or more lbs to reach 237.6 lbs or below
Wifey: Lose 8 lbs
StarryNights110: Lose 8-10 lbs to reach the 170s: stay within calorie limit; no sugar
Ms_Perception: Reach 165 lbs; eat more fruits and veggies (5/day)
Saramommy: Lose 8 lbs to reach 155 lbs
Fressca: Lose 7 lbs to reach 155 lbs
Michelle0630: Lose 5 lbs
Musiclover: Lose 6.5 lbs to reach 147 lbs
Newshinyme: Lose 1-2 lbs a week to break through the 30 lb loss mark
Lewisempire: Lose 5 lbs to reach 195 lbs
JasonsLea: Stay POP 85% of the month (26 out of 31 days); try to incorporate the Abs Power Diet into my eating plan; lose 10 lbs
Westtexaschick: Reach 140-138 lbs
Smallification: Lose 6 lbs to reach "normal weight" BMI
Skinnygurlinside: Lose 10 lbs
Mcrunner: Lose 5 lbs; eat more fruits and veggies; get back to using FitDay regularly
MrsHomeStretch: Lose 19.5 lbs; burn 40,300 calories this month; eat 1300 calories or less a day
Delphi: Stay within daily calorie intake allowance; lose at least 3 lbs
Canadianangel: Lose 16 lbs
Crazymamaof4: Lose 10 lbs to reach 177 lbs; lose inches; eat more fruits and veggies; get out of "obese" BMI category
Scaleskl: Lose 8 lbs; drink at least 64 oz of water per day
Fenderella: Reach 299 lbs
Terapet: Lose 3 lbs
E.mccoy: Lose 10 lbs to reach 202 lbs; no late night snacking
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:34 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

E.mccoy, welcome! I'm so glad you decided to join us! I have added your weight lost goals to the list above and I've put your exercise goal in the sister thread, "May Exercise Challenge." I wasn't sure if you wanted a certain number of times per week for the walking, so I just typed it like you have it here, but I can edit it if you want to add a number of days per week. Many of us post here and/or on the sister thread every day, some of us post once a week, some only check in now and again, some write personals, some write to everyone in general, some weigh themselves everyday, some once a week, some are trying to reach other goals like drinking more water, but we all help each other out! So !!

Jodi, that's great that you liked the bike ride, and yep, now you'll have to keep it up! Lol! Have fun tonight and good luck on your WI tomorrow, girls!

Lea, so good to have you back!!

Oh my, Joci, I don't know how you do it keeping those early, early morning hours! But you are rocking it!

Small, WTG on losing 2 lbs!! Woohoo!!! Great job! Keep it up!!

Wow, Rowenna, you did an great job on your foods at the picnic! It might have been so easy to slip up, but you stay committed! WTG!!

Hi Lewis, FSA, Lene, Cake, and all our other ladies! Hope you had a great day!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 05-05-2009 at 09:50 PM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:03 PM   #190  
live, laugh, love

S/C/G: 265/202/160

Height: 5'5

Well after having a great weekend and a good start to the week..i got bad news today. about 2 weeks ago, while on the treadmill, my leg started to hurt, but bieng determained i continued, yesterday, i decided to change it up alittle, and started sprinting at 7mph, and my leg really hurt, my hubby said i had shine splints. this morning got on the treadmill, started running at 4.5 mph, and i heard a crack, and shooting pain..went to the doctor, and i have a stress factor about 4 cm longs...no more treadmill, no more weights, no more stepping..and only light eliptical. so hears to hoping that diet alone will still work.

ang
canadianangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:35 PM   #191  

Weight today 152.6, no change.

canadianangel hope you heal quickly, injuries are so madly frustrating.
musiclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:18 AM   #192  

Hi girls, I am finally back to post. I hope everyone had a good new day.

From when I last posted, I hadn't sat down at all until 6:15 to eat dinner and then finally hit the couch to relax around 7:30 after exercising. I am so happy though. I cleaned for hours and finished up the spring cleaning up here that I needed to do and the carpets are freshly shampood too! Feels good, it was really bothering me. It was damp and rainy and a perfect day to get all that done.

I cooked a healthy dinner and then after I worked out a bit. I was pretty tuckered after all that heavy cleaning and suprised a managed a workout, I NEVER would of been able to do all this in the past so it was really neat and rewarding to see how much my fitness level or stamina has increased.

Planwise, the day went very well. I managed a h.b egg in the morning and had a terrific salad with my protein in it for lunch, f.f ch. omelette w/onion and red pepper for dinner, and cuke snacks inbetween. Lot's of water from dinner on but not too much d uring the day as I was so busy. I think I am going to sleep good tonight ladies! lol .

I hope everyone had a good day. Hard to beleive tomorrow is Wednesday already, seems like our weekend was just over.

I see we have a new team member, Emmcoy, Absolutely not too late, welcome aboard : ).

I didn't have time for personals this morning and would like to catch up with you all. So I am backtracking a bit to yesterday evening.

Supachix, that is great! That sounds like a really nice bike ride. Congrats to you both on your exercise in the park and again last night in town.

Lewisempire, thanks girl I felt much better today and kept very busy despite the yucky weather, it was a good chance for me to get some stuff done. HOw did your day go today? That cruise is coming up chicky, keep on truckin! : ) Let's keep rockin' it.

Jacquee, hi there. Sorry to hear you had a lousy day yesterday, I hope today was better for you. Wtg on hanging in there! Sohpie lives in florida? lol That is great that sophie is coming for a visit next month! In the winter when the weather gets lousy here, you'll have to go visit her . Hope your sleeping better , don't know if you like it or have tried it but chamomile tea w/ a little honey in it might help. If you go to a nature food place or can find the chamomile flower heads and brew it, it works best! I was brought up on that stuff and we would boil it and the steam would get rid of my cramps, good stuff!

Jacqui, thank you so much for the well wished regarding the first SBD yesterday. THanks . IT's going good, no cravings at all today....gee, I didn't have a chance! lol. Being very busy like that sure helps. Jacqui, I hope you sleep well tonight and feel better tomorrow. I am soooo the same way when I have TOM. If I am lucky enough to feel well enough to walk in the first place, it is slow (much slower than usual). It is not easy at all, hope you awaken to a feeling much better tomorrow!

Hi Delphi, I think that it's great that you walk daily too, good for you!.

crazymamaof4, what a nice post! Ty for your kind words to us all and congratulations to you on the 2 lb. loss and on not having a cheat day since back in April! That is really terrific . As for not having time for personals, that's o.k..don't feel bad, we are a large group and there isn't always time for personals...if at all. THe fact that you are posting is wonderful and it's so nice to read your news so do keep them coming . You have 2 yr. old twins! MY goodness! A busy mom and doing so well with your regiment and all, god bless, and congrats on the twins : ).

Mrs.HomeStretch, go girl go! awesome! Congratsss on the loss and also congrats on your workouts too! Your really kicking it! Keep up the great work : ).

HI econ nerd, hope you have a great day tomorrow on your final exam day! Stairs sure are good exercise, real cal burners.

SuzyyyyyyQ, Happy cinco de Mayo. THis is the first time in several years that it slipped by me, I had forgotten it until I read your post! wow! Anyhow, boy does your night sound like fun! lol. That's a fav. of mine though havn't done it so much lately. I usually get the fajitas when I go. ANyhow, hope you had a great time at the rest. with your freinds tonight. I am glad that TOM isn't bogging you down and that your feeling well. Congrats on a good week, keep up the good work.

posting this in fear of losing it

Last edited by FullSteamAhead; 05-06-2009 at 12:48 AM.
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:47 AM   #193  

Newshinyme, hope the night went well and that you had fun watching the game together.

Mcrunner, that really is super. I can tell you set the bar high for yourself but it is prob what has allowed you to be in the state you are. Give yourself lot's of credit, you so deserve it! I beleive that your doc freind was being objective and not just trying to make you feel better. Being at that weight right after having a baby and maintaining it all that time, oh you! Congratulations! Wtg on the workout the other day too. I see women with those jogging strollers on my route and that is so cool! Keep up the great work .

Supachix, hope you both had fun at the gathering tonight. You and Breawna might like to check out the couch to 5k plan that we hear a lot about, one of the girls was kind enough to put up a link for us......ah, a few pages back maybe? lol It's in here somewhere, I'll take a look in the morning and let you know what page it's on.

Hi Lea, glad you got your cable and all installed. You sure have been a very busy girl lately! Hope your feeling better sweety. Take care and thanks for keeping us posted .

smallification, congratulationsssssss! That is a great loss, glad the scale moved for you! That is excellent incentive, keep up the good work.

Rowenna, just think of all those calories you will be burning during the move! Regarding your dinner, sounds to me like you did pretty darn good.

CanadianAngel, I am so so sorry to hear about your stress fracture! OMG you hang in there. I broke my ankle a couple years ago (second time, same ankle) and I was exercising before the break and then was laid up like the dickens for weeks....I lost weight (along w/some muscle of course cause i couldnt walk). Will you be able to walk on it? or are you going to be put in a cast? When I started exercising before (I was part of the ex. thread) my darn right ankle used to get me sometimes (but from a very old break) and the girls told me to wear those compression stocking on my ankle before going on the treadmill and warned me that it was possible of a hairline fracture Luckily it wasnt. Okay, you said light eliptical. I see that you will be able to bear weight on it and walk, good! You wont lose your muscle. Main thing is doing what the doc says right now for a speedy recovery and with that being said, wishing you a very speedy recovery.

MusicLover, keep on truckin' and it will go down for you : ).

OH I better get to bed! wow, it's almost 1. I have been writing for awhile but I really enjoy writing to you all.

A big hello to all of you

Lene, how did it go for you today? I was so busy as I said so my day flew. I had a salad for lunch with turkey in it, tom, cukes, onion, romaine, some l.f feta. H.b egg in the morning, another one as a snack in evening. Omelette w/vegg. for dinner. THe past 2 days I have had a lot of eggs my lady, they always work for me but I watch my cholesterol and probably should taper it down now for the remainder of the week. Doing good on my water tonight, how did you do with your water Lene? I like mine ice cold with lots of ice. Hope yo uhad a good day. Catch you tomorrow : )

Ladies, Hope your all sleeping well and awaken to a happy and successful day tomorrow. to you all. I will check back tomorrow.
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 05:37 AM   #194  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

@ smallification~ Great job on the weight loss, keep it up!

Wow, what another frustrating evening for me. I've always had problems with night time munchies, thankfully I've held them at bay for the past week or so, but it is definitely becoming more difficult...for no other reason then sheer boredom at night. TV does not interest me in the slightest and I find myself trying to tip toe to the fridge. Suggestions?

At any rate, you ladies have an exceptional day. Drink plenty of water and make sure to smile.

Last edited by Delphi; 05-06-2009 at 05:38 AM.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 07:02 AM   #195  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianangel View Post
Well after having a great weekend and a good start to the week..i got bad news today. about 2 weeks ago, while on the treadmill, my leg started to hurt, but bieng determained i continued, yesterday, i decided to change it up alittle, and started sprinting at 7mph, and my leg really hurt, my hubby said i had shine splints. this morning got on the treadmill, started running at 4.5 mph, and i heard a crack, and shooting pain..went to the doctor, and i have a stress factor about 4 cm longs...no more treadmill, no more weights, no more stepping..and only light eliptical. so hears to hoping that diet alone will still work.
That is such a bummer, but at least you can do SOMETHING. Hang in there and before you know it you will be healed and back on track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullSteamAhead View Post
Jacquee, hi there. Sorry to hear you had a lousy day yesterday, I hope today was better for you. Wtg on hanging in there! Sohpie lives in florida? lol That is great that sophie is coming for a visit next month! In the winter when the weather gets lousy here, you'll have to go visit her . Hope your sleeping better , don't know if you like it or have tried it but chamomile tea w/ a little honey in it might help. If you go to a nature food place or can find the chamomile flower heads and brew it, it works best! I was brought up on that stuff and we would boil it and the steam would get rid of my cramps, good stuff!
Thanks for the idea...I might try it. Me and sleeping just don't EVER go well together. It's so frustrating. I was up at 4 this morning. I usually fall asleep okay, it's staying asleep that's mostly the problem. Or I will doze for 10 minutes and be up for 4 hours...falling back to sleep with only an hour or 2 before I gotta get up.
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote