Old 05-03-2009, 09:51 PM   #136  

weight today is 152.6, so down .6. Thanks FSA, Jacqui_D and all the great chicks on this challenge for all the encouragement. It really helps. I had a good weekend - preplanning and staying very mindful really helped.

Last edited by musiclover; 05-03-2009 at 11:22 PM. Reason: can't spell or do arithmetic
musiclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 05:27 AM   #137  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqui_D View Post
Jacque,I've even thought about setting the alarm on my cell phone to make sure I eat on schedule! And then I also have trouble with not feeling like eating, in other words, when there's just nothing that I feel like having. That's easy to fix though. I just make myself eat something regardless. After all, it's not that I can't stomach it; I just don't "feel" like it. Overall though, the biggest problem I have is with forgetting to eat. By the end of the day though, I always make sure that I have gotten enough calories. I just don't like how late I have to eat some of them sometimes!
That is so funny about the alarm. If you think it will work, do it!!! People set alarms to take meds, so why not food if you can't remember to eat. As far as eating late, I THINK I read somewhere that it really does not matter if you eat late, it's WHAT you eat. You won't gain weight by eating late...just be careful what you put in your mouth. Can't remember what was suggested to eat though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowenna View Post
Haha I just read through the last few pages of this thread - everyone is so motivational! The funny part was how many times I read "be sure to drink your water!" so cute. I am going to go have another water bottle, even though I know i'll be up all night in the bathroom!
I don't think I got enough water in yesterday. Will make sure I do today!!! I was so tired yesterday that I couldn't think about it. Got some, but not my full amount.
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:10 AM   #138  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Checkin' in early this morning. I love coming into the thread reading all this first thing in the morning..it really gets me motivated for the day ahead.

Lene it has been raining here for four days straight, talk about putting a damper in your plans..eh? Hopefully, today we will finally get a break and the boys and I can get outside and get some fresh air.

musiclover Great job on the .6 loss. Keep up the good work.

Rowenna and Jacque9999 I get a kick out of it as well. Water is something I completely lacked from my diet before I took control and I'm finding that I really can tell a difference. It's finally becoming a habit to just drink the water and I am so thankful for that. Weird, but I think it's changing my taste buds a bit too?!?!

Jacqui_D Thanks for the encouragement.

JasonsLea Hey good job on the .6. Keep it up!

Fullsteamahead Thanks! Love those pom pom emotioncons.

I did stay within my calorie intake yesterday, but I probably will not weigh again until next Sunday. Right! I say that, but it is very hard to stay off of the scale periodically throughout the week.

Last edited by Delphi; 05-04-2009 at 06:12 AM.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:55 AM   #139  
So close!

S/C/G: 162/143/105

Height: 5'3"

I am back up to 108.4. I know the weekend wasn't spectacular for me, and I also know that now that I am down to the wire, the weight loss comes like a turtle, but seeing that 106.6 is motivating me to get my butt in gear! It's the beginning of a new week, and I have no excuses! Today is going to be a great day!

Also, it's not even 8 AM and I've already had 1/4 of my water! Woohoo!
Rowenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:04 AM   #140  
ISO my perfect body

Height: 5'7.5"

Good Morning Girls~ I want to publically commit to being POP today, and stay under 1543 calories, and drink 64oz + of water.. I am hoping this will keep me on task today. I have been too relaxed the last couple of days with my food and my exercise. I will report back, tonight with my totals. I know some of you chicks are starting your SBD diets today, So good luck to us all!
Cher!
Lewisempire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:15 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Ladies!!! I'm SO excited!!! I was dancing naked in the bathroom next to my scale this morning after I saw that I weighed 196!!! YAY!!! I have lost 20 lbs!!! I am no longer "obese"!!! I have a BMI of 29.8, no more 30s!!! I have achieved my next mini-goal!!! Oh my, I probably won't be this excited again until I hit normal weight!!! WOOHOO!!! And honestly, I could not have done it without the support and encouragement from you ladies each day! It has made ALL the difference!! THANK YOU!!!!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 05-04-2009 at 08:31 AM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:25 AM   #142  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Quote:
Ladies!!! I'm SO excited!!! I was dancing naked in the bathroom next to my scale this morning after I saw that I weighed 196!!! YAY!!! I have lost 20 lbs!!! I am [B]no longer "obese"
Virtual high five! Way to go! That is so inspiring. Congratulations!
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:29 AM   #143  

Lewis, I'll send you some : and some too!! You can do it, girl! Look what you did at the end of April in meeting those exercise goals! You just put your mind to it and did it, no excuses, and I know you can do that now too!! Here's to POP for you today!

Rowenna, my scale does that too, goes up and down, but hey, if you haven't eaten enough to make up for 3500 calories to gain a lb, then that's just water weight and it can be shed just as quickly as it showed up. That 106.6 is legit! So just stay OP, get your water in, and be confident that your real weight is the lower weight! Oh, and nice job on the water today so far!

Musiclover, congrats on the .6 loss!! Great job!! Keep it up, chickie!

Delphi, WTG on staying OP and within your calorie allowance!! And I so agree that it's motivational to come here in the mornings to start the day off right! And thank you!

I hope everyone has a great start to this week today!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 05-04-2009 at 08:30 AM.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:41 AM   #144  
Woman On A Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowenna View Post
I am back up to 108.4. I know the weekend wasn't spectacular for me, and I also know that now that I am down to the wire, the weight loss comes like a turtle, but seeing that 106.6 is motivating me to get my butt in gear! It's the beginning of a new week, and I have no excuses! Today is going to be a great day!

Also, it's not even 8 AM and I've already had 1/4 of my water! Woohoo!
Wow!!! You have done great!!! I don't think I would worry about those last few pounds though. I would think for your height right where you are now would probably be okay. I know...back in the day when I was 108 lbs, I looked anorexic. AND it was very hard to stay at that weight. Plus, I am only a little taller then what you are...This is just MHO....But CONGRATS on a great weight loss and getting all that water in already. Go Row!!!!
Old 05-04-2009, 08:56 AM   #145  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacque9999 View Post
That is so funny about the alarm. If you think it will work, do it!!! People set alarms to take meds, so why not food if you can't remember to eat. As far as eating late, I THINK I read somewhere that it really does not matter if you eat late, it's WHAT you eat. You won't gain weight by eating late...just be careful what you put in your mouth. Can't remember what was suggested to eat though.
Jacque, isn't it funny how all the research seems to point one way, and a few years later it seems to point the other? I can remember reading about one study years ago in which they divided the participants up into three groups and they fed the first group most of their daily calories in the morning, the second group at noon, and the last group at night. The first group lost the most, the second group lost a little bit, and the third group maintained. Now, researchers say it doesn't matter when you eat, because it all boils down to calories in, calories out. Sometimes I wonder about those studies!! Lol!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 05-04-2009 at 08:57 AM.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:26 AM   #146  

Default May Weight Loss Challenge List of Participants (so far!)

Weight Loss goals are in this list. Exercise goals are in the sister thread--May Exercise Challenge. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Lose 8-10 lbs
Jacqui_D: Lose 10 lbs to reach 187 lbs
SuzyQ: Lose 5-10 lbs; get "rear in gear"
CakeBatter: Wear any size 10; lose 7 lbs; keep working Flylady plan
Tammyjo: Lose 10 lbs
Jacque9999: Lose 1.5 - 2 lbs a week
Shrinkingleah: Lose 7 pounds by June 1st
Rowenna: Reach 105 lbs; feel great about self!
Hattie: Lose at least 5 lbs; reach at least 192 lbs; keep eating OP
BellaEllaEllAaa: Eat more fruits and veggies; drink 8 or more glasses of water throughout the day; stay positive, be supportive, and ask for support when needed
Mikayla: Lose 10lbs
Getlost: Strive to lose 3 lbs/week and not less than 8-10 lbs/month
Brown_Eyed_Staccie: By May 15th, reach 216 lbs; by May 31st, reach 210 lbs; be able to wear jeans done up and looking HOT
Lene1974: Lose 10 lbs; drink 64 oz of water a day
Neesy_20: Lose 10 lbs; be able to wear goal capris
SupaChix: Breawna: Lose 10 lbs Jodi: Lose 8 lbs
Econ_Nerd: Lose 10 or more lbs to reach 237.6 lbs or below
Wifey: Lose 8 lbs
StarryNights110: Lose 8-10 lbs to reach the 170s: stay within calorie limit; no sugar
Ms_Perception: Reach 165 lbs; eat more fruits and veggies (5/day)
Saramommy: Lose 8 lbs to reach 155 lbs
Fressca: Lose 7 lbs to reach 155 lbs
Michelle0630: Lose 5 lbs
Musiclover: Lose 6.5 lbs to reach 147 lbs
Newshinyme: Lose 1-2 lbs a week to break through the 30 lb loss mark
Lewisempire: Lose 5 lbs to reach 195 lbs
JasonsLea: Stay POP 85% of the month (26 out of 31 days); try to incorporate the Abs Power Diet into my eating plan; lose 10 lbs
Westtexaschick: Reach 140-138 lbs
Smallification: Lose 6 lbs to reach "normal weight" BMI
Skinnygurlinside: Lose 10 lbs
Mcrunner: Lose 5 lbs; eat more fruits and veggies; get back to using FitDay regularly
MrsHomeStretch: Lose 19.5 lbs; burn 40,300 calories this month; eat 1300 calories or less a day
Delphi: Stay within daily calorie intake allowance; lose at least 3 lbs
Canadianangel: Lose 16 lbs
Crazymamaof4: Lose 10 lbs to reach 177 lbs; lose inches; eat more fruits and veggies; get out of "obese" BMI category
Scaleskl: Lose 8 lbs; drink at least 64 oz of water per day
Fenderella: Reach 299 lbs
Old 05-04-2009, 09:45 AM   #147  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning ladies!!! WOW! Look at all the motivation and drive flyin' around! You should all be fantastically proud of yourselves for committing to the goals you've set! WTG!!!

Jacqui ~ Woo hoo! Congrats on getting out of the Obese catagory!!! That's awesome!!! Oooh, I can't wait until I get there! And 20 lbs--yee haw! That ROCKS!!!

Re the eating--I'm having trouble eating enough during the day too. I find that at the end of the day I'm at around 1000-1100 and then I'm doing 20-30 of cardio daily and weight training 3-4 times a week, so I really need to try to eat more during the day for sure. I bought some protein powder this weekend so I'm hoping that by having it with milk that'll add some calories to my day and of course I need to add more fruits and veggies...

It's hard to believe we're having trouble eating enough isn't it? I mean, I don't know about you ladies, but it certainly wasn't lack of eating that landed me in the obese catagory! LOL I used to eat all day! Junk, junk, junk...Ugh! I'm so glad things have changed!

Okay enough of that...I'm down a pound this morning! 186! That puts me into a double digit loss! Woo hoo! 10 pounds gone for good!!! I've done my strength training for the day and I'll hit the treadmill tonight after the kids go to bed. So, I'll post an update later tonight. Oh, Day #2 of Mission Cake Avoidance went awesome! I handed the kids their cup cakes and covered up the rest of the cake and put it away. We still have half of that insanely yummy looking cake left!! The kids will be thrilled that it's all theirs! I will NOT eat any! I don't need it!

Okay, ladies, I've written a novel! I'm sorry about that. Keep up the great work! Have a wonderful day! And don't forget...

Be Sure To Drink Your Water!!!!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:28 AM   #148  

Goodmorning ladiesssssssssssss

Jaquee, lol@auntie Jackie, I think that's great!

Rowenna, as I'm sure you know, weight tends to fluctuate a bit from day to day. Hang in there, you are doing great! Congrats on handing in your last paper for the semester and workout. wtg on the water too! .

musiclover, congrats on the loss and a good weekend

Delphi, I have found that I always do better when I keep up with my water intake. I lose weight more rapidly, helps flush the fluids out and keeps me full. I am glad we are reminding each other to do that, I really beleive it makes a difference too and I had slacked on it for a while. Congrats again on your progress, keep up the good work. Hope the comes out for you, enjoy the day

Lewisempire, hi girl! wtg! yes , starting SBD today and in my head thinking of it as day 1 on SBD...join us (if not in plan, mindset). Sounds like a great idea. I am going to list out my goals for today and report back too, it really helps. Let's rock it chicky . Guess what Lewis? The morning glory's are like 6 ft. tall right now I can't wait to see them when they bloom. We still need to work and clear the deck though before we can put them outdoors. Talk soon, I need to catch up with some of my workouts too. Catch you later : ).

Jacquiiiiiiiiiiiii, wtgggggggggg! on the loss (now and overall) and on BMI range and achieving your next mini goal Congratulationssssss

crazymama, I love our novels.......keep em' coming! Congratulations on the loss and on avoiding that cake! Your doing great .

girls, congratulations on all of your successess! What a nice way to start the month! To those of you who may still be struggling, don't despair...the weekends can be tough and keep in mind that we still have 28 days left to the month so hop right on the bandwagon and let's start our new day!

As for me, I have much to do today so I better get a move on. I am ready for SBD today, no bread in the house whatsoever! Okay girls, hope you all have a fantastic day, keep up the great work . I will check back in later during break. Oh, my goals for today are as stated last night, POP, water, my workouts. Let's rock it!
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:54 AM   #149  
Woman On A Mission

Quote:
Ladies!!! I'm SO excited!!! I was dancing naked in the bathroom next to my scale this morning after I saw that I weighed 196!!! YAY!!! I have lost 20 lbs!!! I am no longer "obese"!!!
I forgot to congratulate you in my earlier post....WTG!!! Keep it up!!! 20lbs is something to be VERY proud of!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymamaof4 View Post
]and of course I need to add more fruits and veggies...

I'm down a pound this morning! 186! That puts me into a double digit loss! Woo hoo! 10 pounds gone for good!!!
Congrats to you too!!! Gotta love a double digit loss!!!
I too need to get more fruits and veggies in...only have had one serving of each this morning...will need more later...but I gotta get to the store!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullSteamAhead View Post
Jaquee, lol@auntie Jackie, I think that's great!
It's actually Aunt Joci!!! That's short for my real name!!! Jacque is a nickname my brothers gave me...in a round about way!!!!
Old 05-04-2009, 12:40 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Hey ladies, I am back after my three-day hiatus. I have food prepared and and menu for the week. I didn't do too terrible just no counting. It feels like it has been weeks since I have been on.

Jacqui_D- I am so proud of you. 20 POUNDS!!!!! and out of the 30's woohoo. I am sooo jealous

Rowenna - Keep on trucking and the loss will appear. It just takes time and patience

Crazymomma - Congratulations on a pound down! WTG

Lewisempire - Same here. I have been totally relaxed. I am here posting and get some accountability. We are POP today and here is to a great week!

musiclover - WTG losing over the weekend. You were very prepared and and had a mental plan and it showed, COngratulations

FSA - i have heard many wonderful things about SBD. Good luck. I am going back to basics as well. Have a great day!
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote