Old 05-01-2009, 03:59 PM   #61  
Bring on the Exercise!!

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/130-140 range

Height: 5'6"

I'm new but I want to jump in and saythat my goals for May are:

1. lose 10lbs.
2. start the couch 2 5k program
3. keep using my wii fit and kicking my husband's butt! lol
4. possibly start trying to use my the firm workout dvd's, not sure about this one though!
skinnygurlinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:09 PM   #62  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnygurlinside View Post
I'm new but I want to jump in and saythat my goals for May are:

1. lose 10lbs.
2. start the couch 2 5k program
3. keep using my wii fit and kicking my husband's butt! lol
4. possibly start trying to use my the firm workout dvd's, not sure about this one though!
Great goals...but what is the "couch 2 5K program"
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:35 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 151/151/125

Height: 5'3

Thumbs up I'm in

I'm new, but this is exactly the type thing I'm looking for. I'm definitely in for the May Challenge. My goals are:
1. Lose 5 pounds
2. Eat more fruits and veggies
3. Exercise 4 days per week
4. Get back to using FitDay regularly
mcrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:37 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

SuzyQ, I weigh every day, but I don't post my weight unless I've lost. My weight tends to fluctuate on the same 1-2 lbs for days at a time, and since I know it's just water weight (because I am OP and it's not possible for it to be fat weight), I pretty much ignore it until my scale finally moves down even lower. Then I report the new weight loss. For example, last week I reported 198. Then I fluctuated for days between 198-199, and then yesterday I lost another pound to go to 197, so I reported that. Some people have a WI day each week and they report whatever they weigh in at on that day. Some people choose not to weigh at all and have other goals they are going for, like drinking more water, etc. It's pretty open. I post every day--it keeps me on track--but I don't post my weight every day, just when I've lost.

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 05-01-2009 at 04:40 PM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:40 PM   #65  
Woman On A Mission

Jacqui....you gotta help me here...I'm trying to learn the lingo...What is OP? Fortunately I figured out what WI is. Thanks
J
Old 05-01-2009, 04:49 PM   #66  

Default May Weight Loss Challenge List of Participants (so far!)

Weight Loss goals are in this list. Exercise goals are in the sister thread--May Exercise Challenge. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Lose 8-10 lbs
Jacqui_D: Lose 10 lbs to reach 187 lbs
SuzyQ: Lose 5-10 lbs; get "rear in gear"
CakeBatter: Wear any size 10; lose 7 lbs; keep working Flylady plan
Tammyjo: Lose 10 lbs
Jacque9999: Lose 1.5 - 2 lbs a week
Shrinkingleah: Lose 7 pounds by June 1st
Rowenna: Reach 105 lbs; feel great about self!
Hattie: Lose at least 5 lbs; reach at least 192 lbs; keep eating OP
BellaEllaEllAaa: Eat more fruits and veggies; drink 8 or more glasses of water throughout the day; stay positive, be supportive, and ask for support when needed
Mikayla: Lose 10lbs
Getlost: Strive to lose 3 lbs/week and not less than 8-10 lbs/month
Brown_Eyed_Staccie: By May 15th, reach 216 lbs; by May 31st, reach 210 lbs; be able to wear jeans done up and looking HOT
Lene1974: Lose 10 lbs; drink 64 oz of water a day
Neesy_20: Lose 10 lbs; be able to wear goal capris
SupaChix: Breawna: Lose 10 lbs Jodi: Lose 8 lbs
Econ_Nerd: Lose 10 or more lbs to reach 237.6 lbs or below
Wifey: Lose 8 lbs
StarryNights110: Lose 8-10 lbs to reach the 170s: stay within calorie limit; no sugar
Ms_Perception: Reach 165 lbs; eat more fruits and veggies (5/day)
Saramommy: Lose 8 lbs to reach 155 lbs
Fressca: Lose 7 lbs to reach 155 lbs
Michelle0630: Lose 5 lbs
Musiclover: Lose 6.5 lbs to reach 147 lbs
Newshinyme: Lose 1-2 lbs a week to break through the 30 lb loss mark
Lewisempire: Lose 5 lbs to reach 195 lbs
JasonsLea: Stay POP 85% of the month (26 out of 31 days); try to incorporate the Abs Power Diet into my eating plan; lose 10 lbs
Westtexaschick: Reach 140-138 lbs
Smallification: Lose 6 lbs to reach "normal weight" BMI
Skinnygurlinside: Lose 10 lbs
Mcrunner: Lose 5 lbs; eat more fruits and veggies; get back to using FitDay regularly
MrsHomeStretch: Lose 19.5 lbs; burn 40,300 calories this month; eat 1300 calories or less a day

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 05-01-2009 at 06:07 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:57 PM   #67  

Jacque, yes, the abbreviations are good to know around here, lol! So you have figured out that OP is On Plan. Some other popular ones are: POP--Perfectly On Plan, TOM--Time Of the Month, DH--Dear Husband, DS--Dear Son, DD--Dear Daughter.

Skinnygurlinside and mcrunner, welcome! I have added your weight loss goals here, and I am adding your exercise goals to the sister thread, "May Exercise Challenge."

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 05-01-2009 at 05:19 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:05 PM   #68  
Woman On A Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqui_D View Post
Jacque, yes, the abbreviations are good to know around here, lol! So you have figured out that OP is On Plan. Some other popular ones are: POP--Perfectly On Plan, TOM--Time Of the Month, DH--Dear Husband, DS--Dear Son, DD--Dear Daughter.
I guess I knew more than I thought...I knew all of those except OP and POP
Thanks
Old 05-01-2009, 05:13 PM   #69  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacque9999 View Post
I guess I knew more than I thought...I knew all of those except OP and POP
Thanks
Lol! Oh yes, you said you had figured out WI--Weigh In and you were asking about OP. For some reason I read that wrong! And you are certainly welcome!
Old 05-01-2009, 05:20 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/150

Thanks Jacqui for letting me know. I know that on other forums they have a certain day that they want you to weigh in. I will check back often and fequently
SuzyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:34 PM   #71  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Jacque: I think this will help you figure all those acronyms: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83430
Newshinyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:39 PM   #72  
Woman On A Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newshinyme View Post
Jacque: I think this will help you figure all those acronyms: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83430

That is just what I needed!!!
Old 05-01-2009, 05:43 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 269/215/165

Height: 5'6

Hope it isn't too late for me to join I'm new, but super amped up about this month! I have a very large goal this month, and I know it is more than 2 lbs a week, but I also know my body. I know that I can lose this weight this month. Next month, I'll reign it in a bit to make sure I don't burn out, but I really need to get below 200 lbs.

Start Weight: 269
Current Weight: 219.4
Goals:
1. Lose 19.5 lbs
2. Burn 40,300 calories this month
3. Eat 1300 calories or less a day
4. Exercise at least 6 days a week

Thanks guys! I am so excited. Probly won't post anything else until Monday, but I'm hoping to see results even by then.
MrsHomeStretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:12 PM   #74  

Welcome MrsH, I've added your weight loss goals to this list and I'll add your exercise goal to the sister thread, "May Exercise Challenge"! Good luck!
Old 05-01-2009, 09:54 PM   #75  

Hi ladies

Skinnygurlinside, Mcrunner, and MrsHomeStretch.... to our team! It is never too late to join or to start a health regiment, etc. so please feel free to join us at any time.

Hi Freesca )

Hi Suzy Q your ticker looks pretty and unique. I am sorry to hear that April was a bad month for you but now it's gone and yes indeed, we all get a fresh new start! I am glad that you found us here and joined in .

You bring up a very good question regarding the weigh ins and how we operate. Your right, they do have certain WI days in some of the challenges and rules, etc. Ty for asking and I hope that you or any of the ladies that have further questions do not hesitate to ask, as I am sure one of us will be more than happy to help. Like our Jacqui said, we all WI (weigh in) at our own discretion. I looked on the calender and I will be weighing in on Mondays, beginning May 11 and ending on June 1. I typically WI and report my weight on a weekly basis and go by the month or days that happen to fall on the end of the month. Along with what Jacqui said, some of the girls prefer and do best with daily WI ns wh ile others do best with a weekly, bi-weekly, or even monthly WI. Some of the girls WI on the a certain day or night they attend WW (weight watchers). MOndays happen to be a great WI day for me because it is right after the weekend and helps to keep me in line so I think it will be good for me this month having that as a WI day. I like your nick by the way, that was what I called my dearest long time girlfriend for years....suzy Q nice to have you aboard suzy.

As far as our plans go, we each have our own plans and goals. A lot of us follow different and various plans and all is good as long as we adhere to the site rules and philosophy. We are very fortunate indeed that Suzanne and her sisters started this website for us and we all have this.......what I like to refer to as a gold mine! No kidding! With that being said, the general rule and consensus is to not go under 1200 cals a day or fad diet promotions here.

My current plan (and most of the time) consist of my own personal plan which is c omposed of lean proteins (chicken (white meat), fish, turkey, and eggs and beef maybe 1 or 2x per week. I also use PAM in place of butter for cooking, low fat mayo, veggies, etc. I try not to have too many starches and stay away from whites whenever possible. Bread, potatoes, pasta (which I loooove! lol) are my demise when it comes to weight loss. I have learned and am still training to be on the whole wheat wagon but even that I cannot overdo. I have gotten off track a bit girls and with all the get togethers and holiday in APril, I feel it's time to pull the reigns in again so I am starting the SBD (south beach diet) again this Monday! I feel I am getting out of hand and it's just what I need! A detox from the "bad carbs", a reintroduction of the "good carbs"...veggies, and some structure! That is my plan for this month ladies, I am commiting to phase 1 of SBD for now! I had much success in Oct. when I first started and needed the structure at the time, I just had such a hard time getting started on my own and the structure of a plan was just what I needed! okay .

What are you all doing? THose of you who know? It may just be a cutting back of food intake, a specific plan or diet, etc. Prior to signing up here (before the SBD even), I spent a month just working on stopping the night time eating, that was a job initself! lol : ) well , I am so happy we are here together ladies and please do remember what our Jacqui said.......posting is most definitely one of the keys to success (especially starting out)...so let's keep it going and move onward and downard ...as our urockmom says!

let me post this before I lose it, brb
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote