Old 05-02-2009, 10:47 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Delphi and Canadianangel, welcome! I have added your weight loss goals to the list here and I'll add your exercise goals to our sister thread, "May Exercise Challenge." Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:48 AM   #92  

Default May Weight Loss Challenge List of Participants (so far!)

Weight Loss goals are in this list. Exercise goals are in the sister thread--May Exercise Challenge. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Lose 8-10 lbs
Jacqui_D: Lose 10 lbs to reach 187 lbs
SuzyQ: Lose 5-10 lbs; get "rear in gear"
CakeBatter: Wear any size 10; lose 7 lbs; keep working Flylady plan
Tammyjo: Lose 10 lbs
Jacque9999: Lose 1.5 - 2 lbs a week
Shrinkingleah: Lose 7 pounds by June 1st
Rowenna: Reach 105 lbs; feel great about self!
Hattie: Lose at least 5 lbs; reach at least 192 lbs; keep eating OP
BellaEllaEllAaa: Eat more fruits and veggies; drink 8 or more glasses of water throughout the day; stay positive, be supportive, and ask for support when needed
Mikayla: Lose 10lbs
Getlost: Strive to lose 3 lbs/week and not less than 8-10 lbs/month
Brown_Eyed_Staccie: By May 15th, reach 216 lbs; by May 31st, reach 210 lbs; be able to wear jeans done up and looking HOT
Lene1974: Lose 10 lbs; drink 64 oz of water a day
Neesy_20: Lose 10 lbs; be able to wear goal capris
SupaChix: Breawna: Lose 10 lbs Jodi: Lose 8 lbs
Econ_Nerd: Lose 10 or more lbs to reach 237.6 lbs or below
Wifey: Lose 8 lbs
StarryNights110: Lose 8-10 lbs to reach the 170s: stay within calorie limit; no sugar
Ms_Perception: Reach 165 lbs; eat more fruits and veggies (5/day)
Saramommy: Lose 8 lbs to reach 155 lbs
Fressca: Lose 7 lbs to reach 155 lbs
Michelle0630: Lose 5 lbs
Musiclover: Lose 6.5 lbs to reach 147 lbs
Newshinyme: Lose 1-2 lbs a week to break through the 30 lb loss mark
Lewisempire: Lose 5 lbs to reach 195 lbs
JasonsLea: Stay POP 85% of the month (26 out of 31 days); try to incorporate the Abs Power Diet into my eating plan; lose 10 lbs
Westtexaschick: Reach 140-138 lbs
Smallification: Lose 6 lbs to reach "normal weight" BMI
Skinnygurlinside: Lose 10 lbs
Mcrunner: Lose 5 lbs; eat more fruits and veggies; get back to using FitDay regularly
MrsHomeStretch: Lose 19.5 lbs; burn 40,300 calories this month; eat 1300 calories or less a day
Delphi: Stay within daily calorie intake allowance; lose at least 3 lbs
Canadianangel: Lose 16 lbs
Crazymamaof4: Lose 10 lbs to reach 177 lbs; lose inches; eat more fruits and veggies; get out of "obese" BMI category
Scaleskl: Lose 8 lbs; drink at least 64 oz of water per day

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 05-02-2009 at 03:42 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:57 AM   #93  
ISO my perfect body

Height: 5'7.5"

Good Morning girls! It is cloudy, rainy and gray here today! good for the garden, but not for the mood! HAHA I will have to crank some upbeat tunes to get moving today!
Canadianangel! goodluck to you! IMHO You have found a fantastic group of women on this thread!
Musiclover- I guess we should start a club of weekend warriors to stay POP!! I have a hard time on the weekends too. You and I are not the only ones, though! Keep your gaurd up! Stay focused! (These are things I usually say to myself) You definately have the right Idea to come and post, It is sooooo helpful!

Econerd- Sounds like fun.....Hopefully you will get to share the pie!!! YUUMMMYY When my friends and I go out, we almost always decide to share an entree and dessert. Since we started doing that I almost never leave feeling stuffed to my gills. Usually it is just right! The trick is deciding what to share.......Good luck!!! May the force be with you sister!!! HAHA and maybe a little for the road too~

Delphi Modest goals are usually realistic! And when you reach your goal.....EW-Weeeeeee it feels good! So good luck to you this month!

Rowenna- Congrats on moving past your setback.... that is what this is all about! Good for you! Don't stop moving forward!!!!

HAATTIIIEEE!!!!! HI! You are a "ONEDER WOMAN"!!!!!! congrats to you! I am were you were last month, kinda just stuck, but now I see you made it , and I will keep on working the plan. I know I don't want to lose fast this time, because I want it to stick! But losing slow is painful sometimes!!!!!
Sorry about your neck.... ouchhhy! Hope you get to feeling better soon!
I had to got to Phy. Therapy for my lower back once, and they gave me all these crazy stretches to do, but they worked, and I still do them from time to time! Hopefully, this will be an experience that will turn bad into good for you! Glad to see you back girl

FSA= Right back atcha!!!!!! Ty so much! I needed a little hug yesterday! I am gonna catch a ride down to the farmers market and get some flowers for the deck were my hummer feeder is! My syrup is red, becuase it came with my feeder, but I will make fresh from here on out.
I just love nature, and any type of wonderous animal!!! ie hummers!!!
Girl, we have got your back when it comes to support! think of us as your super spandex ! I know you are gonna shrink soooo fast, on SBD! I think I read somewhere you recently quit smoking? Is that right? That in and of itself is worth some serious applause!!!!! My DH quit 1 1/2 years ago, and gained 40 pounds, but I am so thankful!! keep up the good work, and I will let you know if I get any hummers!!!!!

Getlost-sounds like you made the best of a bad situation. I like to pack snacks like beef jerky, sunflower seeds, dried fruit when I know I am going out. It helps me pass up the fast food joints and make it home to healthy choices.

Ok girls, gotta run for now....Just a quick Hello to all the others too! Ms perception, UROCKMOM and Jaqui_D! HI girls! Has anyone heard from "Pretty friend"???? I haven't seen her here for May yet. OK for real now gotta run! Love YA----
Lewisempire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 11:42 AM   #94  

Musiclover, great job on staying on plan yesterday and WTG on planning the weekend days when you know you have trouble with the weekends!! That will make all the difference!!

Econ!! Yay!! You're already down! What a great way to start out! Congrats! And great job on the walk! I had to laugh at your saying you didn't know if the restaurant had fruit cups because you had never looked past the pies! Lol! You are doing a great job with planning your meals and exercise! Keep it up!!

Rowenna, that emotional eating gets to the best of us! Way to stay determined to get back on track!! What weight loss plan are you following?

Hattie, I'm so glad you are feeling better!! And way to stay OP! I just went back to the April list and put MET GOAL!! besides your goals! Woohoo! You really rocked those goals girlie, despite your injury!!

Getlost, great job on the dinner selection and adding no salt! And good for you sticking to the small hamburger at McD's. There's so much to tempt you there!

FSA, you are so motivational!!! You just do such a great job keeping us inspired!! I'm glad that TOM has ended for you but sorry it's making you tired. Even so, way to get that workout in!! Oh, and good selection with the hummus for an appetizer! Hope you're feeling stronger, less tired, today!! (Water, water, water helps!)

Lewis, great job starting May off right!! Can't wait to see you take May to the max! I haven't seen PrettyFriend, Terapet, Fenderella, and a few others yet! Urock's on vaca this week. I'm sure they'll all get to us sooner or later!

Hi Jacque, Newshineyme, SuzyQ, and all our other ladies!!

I thought that I would be up in weight this morning having strength trained yesterday, but I loaded up on water (drank 5 24-oz bottles) and had two oversized cups of green tea, and I didn't seem to hold water at all! Yay!! Actually, I hope I did hold water and when I lose it, I'll be down a lb! Lol!!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 05-02-2009 at 03:18 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:54 AM   #95  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqui_D View Post
I thought that I would be up in weight this morning having strength trained yesterday, but I loaded up on water (drank 5 24-oz bottles) and had two oversized cups of green tea, and I didn't seem to hold water at all! Yay!! Actually, I hope I did hold water and when I lose it, I'll be down a lb! Lol!!
That's funny...good job not going the wrong way!!! I actually stepped on the scale today and was down a half pound I can't WAIT till I am able to get my tracker. Didn't change it in my profile either. .5 looks too funny on it!!!
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 12:08 PM   #96  
Changing behaviours

Height: 5'7"

Morning chickies! I had a nice surprise this morning - 159.8 first time I weighed (6 am). Went back to bed, weighed again at 7:30 -159.4! It's been a l-o-n-g time since I've been 150-anything, it's a good feeling!

Everybody have a *great* Saturday!
Fressca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 01:26 PM   #97  

good afternoon girls, happy new day to us! Day 2

Delphi and CanadianAngel

I just read all the posts, you ladies are fantastic!

getlost, that sounds like a very healthy dinner. I eat chicken quite a bit, helps me to lose weight and I like it. Getting too hungry is definitely a big danger zone for me so I try and snack on something healthy whenever I feel it coming on! It sure helps me. Sounds like you had a good first day in that you made some postive changes and was consciense of your intake...congrats on getting your wokrout in too! wtg!

Jaquee, I am not (nor ever was) a runner either (though I admire much those who are). I really love walking though, have since I was a squirt! lol.

Hattie, I am so glad you are feeling better! : ) Thanks for the well wishes and here is to a great month

Hi Rowenna, that's great that you stayed within you cal range, wishing you a good OP today . Thanks for explaining the couch to 5k for us and providing the link.

econ nerd, congrats on a good OP day yesterday! Hope you have a great time with your girlfriends today! : ) HOw are those turkey burgers? I eat ground beef (not often) but have been thinking to switch for some time now. I make this eggplant dish which involves ground beef and I would save so many cals, etc. if I replaced it with ground turkey. Anyhow, sounds like a fantastic dinner, good for you!

Hi musiclover, wtg on a good OP day yesterday! The weekends can be tough alright, wtg on the planning! Keep up the good work

posting, brb

Last edited by FullSteamAhead; 05-02-2009 at 01:26 PM.
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 01:36 PM   #98  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

FullSteamAhead: I agree...I admire runners...I just never understood it or liked it. All the power to them!!! I do do sprints while walking on treadmill or outside, but not many...and not for long!!!

Fressca: That is great!!! Every little bit counts!! That sort of happened to me too. After going to the rest room and working out, I was a half pound lighter.

Woo Hoo!!! We are on track to reach our goals!!!
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 01:41 PM   #99  

LewisEmpireee, super spandex! You always get me laughing and smiling chicky! THose grey days often get to me too, what a great idea going to the garden store , that will surely lift your mood. I hope your having a real nice day girl. Bravo to you DH on the quitting smoking. YEs, I went cold turkey jan 1 (I went cold turkey in past and had quit for nearly 10 yrs. then started again, i know.....). Getting the scale to move downward was like moving mountains! After quite a bit of research on the subject (and metabolism), knew I was in for a big battle! The girls had seen me come into the threads and have tantrums now and again. It was so frustrating, I would just break out into tears sometimes. Thank goodness I had you great girls and my family for support. Good thing! Anyways sweety, glad that is over with and things have normalized now. Ty for the encouragement girl, yes definetly let me know . Keep it rocking chicky

Jacqui, aw you, thank...you too! Yeah, a lil' better today, I'll try to be good with my water! Thanks Jacqui . No workout yet today but the sun came out which is nice. DH is going to quit soon and we will prob. go for a ride and get out a bit. Hope your having a super day.

Freescaaaa, that is wonderful! Congratulations! TY for coming in to share with us.

A hello to all of you, urock....waiting to hear those tales! lol : ) Scarlett, I miss you my lady. A big to you all.

I need to run, I hope everyone has a great day. I am going to the market later to stock up and hmmmmmm, I just may get some ground turkey too! thanks econ chat soon girls, keep up the good work.
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 02:13 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Hello all, I hope I'm not too late to join in! This will be my first ever challenge and I'm psyched!

My goals are to lose 10 lbs in May (putting me at 177)
Lose inches
Eat more fruits and veggies
Get out of the Obese BMI Catagory!!!
Do cardio daily and strength training at least 4 times a week

I look forward to getting to know you all! It looks like this is a great group of ladies!!!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 03:14 PM   #101  

Hi Crazymama, welcome!! It won't be too late to join until June, lol! We're so glad to have you for your first ever challenge! I've added your weight loss goals to the list here and I've put your exercise goals in the sister thread, "May Exercise Challenge." Good luck!
Old 05-02-2009, 03:28 PM   #102  
soon 2B hot chick!!

S/C/G: 220/210.6/165

I am new to this site and would love to join this challenge. I would like to loose 8lbs this month. I also have a goal to improve my water intake to at least 64oz per day. I am currently taking karate and doing it 2-3 times per week.

Last edited by scaleskl; 05-02-2009 at 03:33 PM.
scaleskl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 03:37 PM   #103  

Jacque, that is such good news that you were .5 lb down today! I would be eager to get my tracker too, if I were you! I'm not sure why they don't allow newcomers to get it right away. Maybe because if they turn around and leave, it causes trouble somehow?

Fressca, congrats on the lower weight!! And reaching the 150s!! Woohoo!!
Old 05-02-2009, 03:39 PM   #104  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Doing well thus far. Managed to stay within my calorie intake range for the past 24 hours. Woot! Well, hey it's a start. Thanks for adding me to the challenge.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 03:45 PM   #105  

Hi Scaleskl, welcome! I've added your weight loss and water goals here and your exercise goal to continue doing karate 2-3 times per week in the sister thread, "May Exercise Challenge." Good luck!