Old 09-29-2008, 06:38 PM   #121  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patt0 View Post
Congrats on the 30 min each of strength and cardio. Do you do it all at the same time? 1 hour straight? Or do you split it up?
Patt: I do it all in one session. The hardest thing for me is to get started, so I just keep going, it takes a big chunk of time, but otherwise, things wouldn't get done.

Haven't worked out today, DH was home in the morning and screwed up my entire schedule...Guess it will be an evening workout for me today.
Newshinyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 06:55 PM   #122  
Learning to fly again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hattie22 View Post
I am joining in on the challenge.

See you on Monday
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by full of grace
Believe it or not, I'm at 200.0 and that means next weigh-in: ONEderland!
Awesome!, Congratulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by full of grace
I totally agree. I really like the free step because it allows me to go faster than the Advanced Step Class does. It's a great way to pass the time while watching a show. And I keep the Wii remote in one hand and the TiVo remote in the other! LOL "The lightest handweights ever??" Hee!
LOL, me too!

Quote:
What upsets me are the choices the dang thing gives you for when you've gained weight. It never offers a choice of, "I'm premenstrual," or, "It's 12 hours later in the day than I usually weigh in," which is really silly NOT to offer, considering that it will then tell you that you need to weigh in at the same time every day.
I agree, I hate it when the thing starts lecturing me, so I just started giving it random reasons, my favourite: "I had indigestion" ha ha
Old 09-29-2008, 08:27 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 252/223/160

Height: 5'7"

I did 33 mins of wii. I did 23 mins. of advanced steps and 10 mins. expert boxing. That is all I could fit in with working, grocery shopping, and making dinner. I also did my AM Treadmill for 30 mins. I think that is good for today. I also tried DDR. Wow that is hard! I just wanted to dance my own dances. I have to work on that one.

A question: How come we (women) still have to do all the cooking if we are working. I stayed home with my kids and cooked and cleaned. Now that I am working and my kids are all grown, why is it that everybody still asks me the dreaded..."What's for dinner?"

See you tomorrow!!
Hattie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:41 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/140

Height: Height: 5'4"

Well, I didn't get to Wii Fit today, however, I did 30 mintues of cardio. Sort of running, walking and jumping etc.

P.
Patt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 05:59 PM   #125  
Learning to fly again

Quote:
I did 33 mins of wii. I did 23 mins. of advanced steps and 10 mins. expert boxing. That is all I could fit in with working, grocery shopping, and making dinner. I also did my AM Treadmill for 30 mins. I think that is good for today. I also tried DDR. Wow that is hard! I just wanted to dance my own dances. I have to work on that one.
Wow, that's amazing, you still managed to do way more than I would've

Quote:
A question: How come we (women) still have to do all the cooking if we are working. I stayed home with my kids and cooked and cleaned. Now that I am working and my kids are all grown, why is it that everybody still asks me the dreaded..."What's for dinner?"
I don't know Hattie, I have no kids yet, but I have been in the same situation with my DH. He really does not like cooking, so I cook and I make him do the things I don't like doing

Quote:
Well, I didn't get to Wii Fit today, however, I did 30 mintues of cardio. Sort of running, walking and jumping etc.

P.
That is great, I don't do Wii Fit all the time either, I have started throwing in a workout DVD on some days for variety. Any movement counts right?

I am excited about the Jillian Michaels workout, I am waiting to see what the reviews on it are, but if it's good, I am definitely getting it.

Last night I only did 30 min. of Free Step at night. This morning I did a workout DVD for 1 hour
Old 09-30-2008, 06:18 PM   #126  
frustrated foodie

S/C/G: 237/223/size 10/12

Height: 5'5.5"

I love the yoga & strength training-much better than a video b/c I can see my balance going off. I wish they would do a total yoga module for the Wii Fit.
owlmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 07:48 PM   #127  

Logging in my wii fit activities.

I did a little of the yoga. I can't do that tree thing. Like I can get my left leg on my right thigh and balance and breath all at the same time. I guess I have far to go before I can do that.

I went on to the advanced steps and the running. I did 23 minutes and was sweaty and exhausted. But...I love it. It really makes me feel good. It perks me up after a long day at work.

Newshinyme:

What do you mean you only did 30 min. of free step last night! That is great!!!
Old 10-01-2008, 09:26 AM   #128  
frustrated foodie

S/C/G: 237/223/size 10/12

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Logging in my wii fit activities.

I did a little of the yoga. I can't do that tree thing. Like I can get my left leg on my right thigh and balance and breath all at the same time. I guess I have far to go before I can do that. cp:
The only problem I have with the Wii Fit yoga is that they don't show modifications. For tree, it's mainly a balance pose, so start putting your foot against your ankle, then, after the ankle gets easy to do, move up to placing your foot on the calf or knee area. After awhile you'll be able to put your foot on your upper thigh. It took me a few months of daily yoga to get there.

Also, it's handy to keep a chair nearby so you can use the back of the chair for stability if you wobble.
owlmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 04:12 PM   #129  
Learning to fly again

Hattie: you are right, sometimes I get too obsessive and I am too hard on myself

Today I did 30 min cardio (step,hula hoop, boxing) and 10 min. yoga.

I was thinking of you guys while I was doing the tree pose, I am pretty bad at it as well and it kept telling me a was a little shaky, well ... duh! At least my leg doesn't fall all the way down to my foot when I am trying to do it.. it now falls down to my knee
Old 10-02-2008, 01:11 PM   #130  
blissfully gluten-free

S/C/G: 195/192/170

Height: 5'7"...................................... waist: 38"/34"/28"

Unhappy

Quote:
Agree with how stupid the weight gain choices are. However, I hope to never see them again! LOL.
Heeeeeeee! Right on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newshinyme View Post
I agree, I hate it when the thing starts lecturing me, so I just started giving it random reasons, my favourite: "I had indigestion" ha ha
Love it! Heeeeeeeeee!

Quote:
That is great, I don't do Wii Fit all the time either, I have started throwing in a workout DVD on some days for variety. Any movement counts right?
That's my philosophy. Considering that--before we got the Wii Fit--I was sitting on the sofa and my major form of exercise was clicking the keys on my keyboard and moving the mouse around on the mouse pad, I'd say ANY time I'm up and active and moving (and sweating!! And stretching!), that's a GOOD thing.

Quote:
I am excited about the Jillian Michaels workout, I am waiting to see what the reviews on it are, but if it's good, I am definitely getting it.
I'll definitely let y'all know how much it kicks my butt (I'm sure it will)!

'til then, I'm doing my best to get on the Wii Fit every day. Here's my problem: I'm an all-or-nothing kind of gal. I missed my first EVER day of Wii Fit (after going 69 days straight without a miss) and then missed two days. And then came back for two or three days and then missed another three days and didn't even go do a body test.

Now I don't want to go back to it and see those "gaps" in my activity log. I don't want to go back and see empty spaces where dots should be on my weigh-in and BMI measurements.

I really let this "all or nothing" mentality sabotage me sometimes. Like now.

So, I've come back today to read your awesome posts and hopefully get re-inspired to hop back on and keep my challenge going. I need to not let the lack of participation over a few days take me off-course (or make me feel like the other 70-something total days I *have* worked out "don't count" now).

Emotions are weird. TOM doesn't help.

Back at it!
full of grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 04:30 PM   #131  
Learning to fly again

Quote:
Originally Posted by full of grace View Post

'til then, I'm doing my best to get on the Wii Fit every day. Here's my problem: I'm an all-or-nothing kind of gal. I missed my first EVER day of Wii Fit (after going 69 days straight without a miss) and then missed two days. And then came back for two or three days and then missed another three days and didn't even go do a body test.

Now I don't want to go back to it and see those "gaps" in my activity log. I don't want to go back and see empty spaces where dots should be on my weigh-in and BMI measurements.

I really let this "all or nothing" mentality sabotage me sometimes. Like now.
Aw! don't let it get to you, it happened to me once when I missed over an entire month where I didn't even look at the thing, so there's a big huge gap in my graph. I made it my challenge to get back to using it regularly (and that's when I came across your challenge), and to get a nice strings of dots from that day on.
The past is the past and today is a new chance for you to start a brand new streak....see if you can top the 69 day streak .

Today I did 40 min. cardio

Last edited by Newshinyme; 10-02-2008 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Forgot to add my report for today
Old 10-03-2008, 02:28 AM   #132  

A strange compulsion has come over me. I want to run! Shocking, I know, but there it is. Maybe I've been hypnotized by the WiiFit telling me that I should be doing other sports etc. So my workouts have changed a little.
Tuesday: I did day 1 of week 1 of C25k.
Wednesday: I rested
Thursday: I tried to do day 2 of week 1 of C25K, but discovered much to my horror that the little dog peed on my only sweatpants. I know it was the little dog, because the big dog is too old to jump up on the bed, and besides she would never do -anything- so rude and disrespectful. The little dog is another story...... We had words, and I ended up doing 30 minutes of step-on-a-step with WiiFit. ( don't have to be concerned with what I wear as I'm inside the house! LOL).

My plan is to do wiifit every other day that I'm not doing c25k and also use wiifit yoga for stretching before and after each run.
Old 10-04-2008, 08:01 PM   #133  
blissfully gluten-free

S/C/G: 195/192/170

Height: 5'7"...................................... waist: 38"/34"/28"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Aw! don't let it get to you, it happened to me once when I missed over an entire month where I didn't even look at the thing, so there's a big huge gap in my graph.
I almost think a big gap is better, because then all the previous work is off the screen (unless you scroll or change the amount of time being looked at all at once). BUT, I know you're totally right and I just have to NOT let it get to me. 100% correct!

And hopefully, I found a way to make it through. I got my Wii Fit in yesterday *and* today too. My husband said, "Just like you told others they could ignore the Wii Fit saying, 'Ooh!' when stepping on by hitting MUTE if it bothered them/made them think they were being judged, you should consider just flipping past those screens that make you feel bad--just so you can get back to having fun and working out and enjoying the things you know you enjoy on Wii Fit. Then you'll be caught up in how great it feels and you won't even remember why you were avoiding the Body Test or anything else." And he's right too.

So, I did it. I got back on it. I'm glad I did.

Thank you for the encouragement!

Quote:
I made it my challenge to get back to using it regularly (and that's when I came across your challenge), and to get a nice strings of dots from that day on.
The past is the past and today is a new chance for you to start a brand new streak....see if you can top the 69 day streak .
Totally right! Thank you! I'd love that! Yeah!

Quote:
Today I did 40 min. cardio
Woo hoo! I got 45 minutes yesterday and so far 35 minutes today. I might get back on tonight, but either way, taking a walk with my husband when he gets home. It's really cooled off here, and we love our night walks.

Quote:
A strange compulsion has come over me. I want to run! Shocking, I know, but there it is. Maybe I've been hypnotized by the WiiFit telling me that I should be doing other sports etc. So my workouts have changed a little.
That's awesome! Yay, you!

I think it's great to let the Wii Fit lead us to more exercise outside the home. Fun, fun, fun! And if the Wii Fit helps push us to be more active (on it or off it), that's awesome!

Quote:
The little dog is another story...... We had words, and I ended up doing 30 minutes of step-on-a-step with WiiFit. ( don't have to be concerned with what I wear as I'm inside the house! LOL).
Not laughing at the pee, but OMG, that's hilarious! Bad doggie!!!! LOL And I'm totally with you on not having to be concerned with what we're wearing while Wii Fit-ting. That's pretty handy, actually! Hee!

Quote:
My plan is to do wiifit every other day that I'm not doing c25k and also use wiifit yoga for stretching before and after each run.
Sounds great!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! I reached my ONEderland mini-goal and am renewed with energy and excitement over what's to come! I'm really glad Wii Fit is a part of my journey. And that y'all are too, of course!
full of grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 08:11 PM   #134  

Smile

Hi everyone!

I keep having to skip a couple of days because my sciatica hurts off and on. I take a couple of days off and get going again. I don't think the Wii fit is causing it. I think it is caused from work. I feel so much better after doing the wii fit.
Anyway....Wed-off Thurs-off
Fri.-47 minutes steps and boxing
Sat.-away from my wii
Sun.-Today- 35 minutes Steps, Long run, and Hoola Hoops

I'm trying for 6 straight days this coming week.

Good Luck everyone!
Old 10-07-2008, 09:08 PM   #135  

Sunday I did c25k, but my heart rate managed to get to 174! Gakkkk, that should be my maximum hr! Don't want to drop dead, so today I really slowed down on the walk portions and managed to keep HR in a more reasonable zone.

Had a Migrane yesterday. So I did nothing all day long except moan and complain.

Today I did 26 minutes of C25k. I plan to do some yoga on wiifit this evening some time.