Old 09-18-2008, 04:25 PM   #91  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Sorry to highjack yall's thread but I had a question:

I'm thinking of getting the Wii Fit and just wanted to know how much did yall spend on yours, shipping/taxes included? Did you just get the system, system with balance board, or the bundle? What exactly is included in the bundle?

Any help would be appreciated!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 05:06 PM   #92  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Hi JasonsLea

I am in Canada, but I paid about $100 including shipping/taxes. I already had a Wii, so that price is for the Wii Fit only (that includes the board and the disc).
I am not sure if you can buy the Wii and the Fit as a bundle per se or if you just need to buy both of them at the same time.

Now my report:
I felt like a little variety today, so I went and looked for one of my old exercise DVDs and did that for about 45 minutes, then I got on the Fit just to do the body test and I ended up doing 40 minutes of yoga

I feel a bit tired, but I also have the high from the workout
Newshinyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 05:16 PM   #93  
Learning to fly again

Quote:
ChristinaGetsFit wrote:
Does anyone know if there is a weight limit to it and if so, what it is? I have a Wii and I love it but not many of the games give you a real workout, mainly just your arms for the sports games.
The box says the max weight for the Fit is 330 pounds.

Quote:
It's Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2009 for the Wii,
That sound great, I will definitely check it out. I was just thinking that I would need an add-on to the Fit, and this might be what I needed hehe.

Quote:
smiles4u wrote:
Hello...I would love to join too! I so need accountability....and this thread has been very encouraging....so thank you to all of you. I love to eat and hate to exercise but LOVE my Wii Fit.
Welcome!
Quote:
ladybugnessa wrote:
you know your addicted to Wii Fit when the tunes go through your head and your not even playing!
I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes I even hum out loud.....
Old 09-18-2008, 05:49 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/140

Height: Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonsLea View Post

I'm thinking of getting the Wii Fit and just wanted to know how much did yall spend on yours, shipping/taxes included? Did you just get the system, system with balance board, or the bundle? What exactly is included in the bundle?

I'm also in Canada. And I'm afraid to say we purchased our WiiFit new from Craigs list. At the time the stores, if they had any in stock, were selling them for $99 plus taxes. We paid $125 w/o taxes, so not much more. I'm not sure if they are readily in stores at this time. We purchased our Wii shortly after its release. (Waited all night outside a BestBuy, while a storm ravaged our City's Park, for it. I was grateful for my fat that night! LOL).

Today's Workout: 35 minutes, 12 yoga and the rest aerobict. I plan to add a free step later today. Yes! Did 30 minutes free step.

Last edited by Patt0; 09-19-2008 at 01:48 AM. Reason: added more workout time.
Patt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 10:18 PM   #95  
Highest Weight ever, 225

S/C/G: 225/185/160

Height: 5'8"

Question for you all, Yoga, I have taken some classes and really enjoyed it and done it at home from a book and memory of the classes how does the Wii fit compare? Have you ever taken Yoga classes? How through is the Wii fit yoga?

Let me know what you think, I really want to get one for all the fitness but recently Yoga has been something I really really want to do! Looking forward to hearing from you all, this thread has been up a long time so I know you have kept up your workouts!
edzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 11:19 PM   #96  
blissfully gluten-free

S/C/G: 195/192/170

Height: 5'7"...................................... waist: 38"/34"/28"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newshinyme View Post
I'm back
I just finished my workout for today . I did 40 minutes yay!. I might have to bump up my "minimums" soon hehe.
Woo hoo! Good for you!! I haven't done mine today but now that it's a little cooler I'll hop on soon. Yay!

Quote:
I think it's great that you are getting in a variety of activities, I am already starting to think about how can I add variety to my Wii workout. I even thought that it'd be great if they released an add-on to this disc hehe.
You and me both! I would buy a Wii Fit II disc in a heartbeat!!!!! You betcha!!

Quote:
Hahaha, you are probably right, it does look more like bronze than gold and I have just passed 15 hours on it (hey, it was nice thinking I had a GOLD pig hehe). Maybe we can have a mini-competition to see who gets to the 100 hour mark first and finds out if there's anything after the golden piggy
Nothing special has happened since 30 or 40, I think. :\ I'm hoping for more cool stuff, but who knows??? We'll have to get there, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie77 View Post
Hey girls! I almost forgot about this thread lol. Yes DDR is awesome, and it's not easy at first, but I found the Beginner stage to be doable. I'm onto the Basic stage now and find a lot of those moves very challenging. I've been spending a lot of time at the gym the past couple of weeks so not so much on the Fit and DDR. I use them as 'bonus' exercise time. A friend is coming over on the weekend to play DDR with me. I hope she doesn't mind me in my spandex and headband grooving to the beats lol.
I got pretty cocky yesterday after having gotten a score of A on almost every one of my dances in Beginner mode, so I pumped up to Basic, got my butt kicked, and immediately went back to Beginner. There's a HUGE jump (in my opinion) between Beginner and Basic! YOWZA! (It didn't help that the song it went to--on random--was that super-fast "Karma Chameleon" cover. Heh!)

I looooooooove the idea of you doing this in spandex and a headband! So dang chic!! Heeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaGetsFit View Post
Hello ladies, I just saw this thread as I was heading to the 100 push-up challenge to post. I was considering getting the Wii Fitness but was worried that I am too heavy for it now. Does anyone know if there is a weight limit to it and if so, what it is? I have a Wii and I love it but not many of the games give you a real workout, mainly just your arms for the sports games.
Hi Christina! I don't know for sure, but my husband was doing some Googling to find out what sort of weight it could handle after he JUMPED on it and I nearly blew a gasket, sure he had broken the dang thing (and it was only two weeks old. I was really steamed). So, in his Googling, I think he found something that said the designer made it hold up to 600 pounds of pressure, which made him assure me that he (240 pounds at the time--he's already down below 220 in just a month or so, the lucky chump who doesn't have to try!!) could jump on it without breaking it.

But maybe you could Google to find out for sure. I don't have a link to where he read that, but I'm sure he just Googled "Wii Fit" "maximum weight" "balance board" or some combo like that. Hope that helps!

Quote:
For those of you that like The Biggest Loser I found something that might be awesome. It's Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2009 for the Wii, which strangely enough is being released Oct. 28 2008. If it's put together well I can bet you that it will kick your butt, cause that's Jillian. It has 4 Workout types, strength training, weight loss, intervals and hill climb. Plus other stuff, just google it or check it out on Amazon.com. I don't think I would be ready for that anytime soon, but for those of you that are looking for more of a challenge on the Wii, this might be it. We will have to wait and see.
Wow! Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely add that to my wish list! Thanks!

Quote:
Anyway, I would love to join in, so please let me know if you think I could do it at my current weight of 379.
Woo hoo! Hope you will join us!!!!!!! Yay! It's fun! "Step on." "Great!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiles4u View Post
Hello...I would love to join too! I so need accountability....and this thread has been very encouraging....so thank you to all of you.
Yay! Welcome! So good to have you along for the ride!! Yay!

Quote:
I love to eat and hate to exercise but LOVE my Wii Fit. Now that that the kids are back at school it's time for me to become more diligant with my exercise routine and serious once and for all about my weight loss.
Awesome! And you'll get more quality time with the Wii now that they're out of the house. Yay! Fantastic!!!

Quote:
Thanks Christina for the great tip rearding the Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2009....sounds great. I do love the stepping and the boxing but would love a bit more of a challenge. I don't own DDR but might have to put that on my Christams Wish List.
It's really great for me, so far. It's a nice change to the "routine" I had gotten into, just doing Wii Fit. It's good to change it up (for me, anyway). Like, since I haven't done my daily dose of Wii Fit yet, I'm trying to decide if I want to dance or box or step or all of the above or what! It's nice to have options and know it's all doing GOOD STUFF for me!

Quote:
My goal at the moment is to do 30 minutes a day on the Wii Fit.
Love it! Great goal! I love how the little piggy bank celebrates when you hit 30 minutes, so that's a great idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugnessa View Post
you know your addicted to Wii Fit when the tunes go through your head and your not even playing!
Girl, for real! I even dream in Wii!!!!! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patt0 View Post
Well, you ARE correct. I was just on bronze and am now on silver!!! And here I thought I was doing awesomely well! LOL. I looked up a FAQ on WiiFit and learned that it only goes to Gold - that's it! But does it count hours after Gold?
You ARE doing well! Yay!

Oh, good to know that GOLD is it. I guess that's me, then. I'm at 72 hours and so, yes, it does count hours after gold... just doesn't change the color at any new benchmark, it sounds. Thanks for the tip!

Quote:
And yes, I put the balance board on top of the step board. That makes the whole thing about 6.5 inches tall. Not quite as tall as a real step, but it does make for a more challenging work out.
Excellent! I'm totally going to try that. I think my butt would appreciate the lift.

Quote:
As far as I can tell the US balance board is rated for 330 pounds. So, you could use that as a goal reached prize.
Oops. Ignore my above info, then. That must've been something my husband found about its tolerance for a JUMP, rather than a weight max. If Patt has found a Wii Fit FAQ, I'd buy that info.

Quote:
Yesterday: two 30 minute sessions of Free step (on a step) for a total of 60 minutes.
Woo hoo! You go! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonsLea View Post

Let's see, ours was a bundle (we didn't have the Wii yet, so we needed the whole kit) with the Wii, Wii Fit, balance board, and an extra controller, Wii Sports, and Wii Games (which I think comes with the Wii anyway) and it was $630 including tax. We bought it locally (I'm in Los Angeles), so there was no shipping charge.

That was in mid-July. Not sure what they're up to now, with the holidays approaching! Hope that helps!

Quote:
I am not sure if you can buy the Wii and the Fit as a bundle per se or if you just need to buy both of them at the same time.
We got ours as a bundle, but I'm sure it was just a seller who put together the individual items and gave a "total" for the whole thing.

Quote:
I felt like a little variety today, so I went and looked for one of my old exercise DVDs and did that for about 45 minutes, then I got on the Fit just to do the body test and I ended up doing 40 minutes of yoga

I feel a bit tired, but I also have the high from the workout
Fantastic! That's inspiring!! Woo hoo! Look at us GO! Yeah!!!!!

Quote:
The box says the max weight for the Fit is 330 pounds.
Ah, man. Never mind my above then. That's what I get for replying as I read and not reading the whole thing and then replying. Oh well, no need to edit my boneheadedness. I'll leave it. Sorry 'bout the misinformation.

Quote:
Today's Workout: 35 minutes, 12 yoga and the rest aerobict. I plan to add a free step later today.
Woo hoo! You go, Patt! Awesome! So inspiring!!!!!! Now I'm getting pumped and ready to stop this Internet nonsense and GET to my workout! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edzard View Post
Question for you all, Yoga, I have taken some classes and really enjoyed it and done it at home from a book and memory of the classes how does the Wii fit compare? Have you ever taken Yoga classes? How through is the Wii fit yoga?

Let me know what you think, I really want to get one for all the fitness but recently Yoga has been something I really really want to do! Looking forward to hearing from you all, this thread has been up a long time so I know you have kept up your workouts!
I have practiced yoga for YEARS and I have to say the yoga on the Wii Fit is nice, but it's really not the same as what you'll do in a class or with a DVD. It's all gotta be stuff that can be "measured" on the balance board, so it's good for things like the half-moon, tree, and standing knee poses. But its version of the sun salutation is VERY basic and only really half of the pose as done in a class.

Basically, it makes the focus on breathing and balance, but abbreviates the poses if you're at all advanced with yoga already. However, if you've never done yoga, I'd say it's a great introduction to the BASICS and the PRINCIPLES of the poses, but not anything that will impress you, if you've been practicing yoga for any length of time in a class.

Hope this helps!

Keep strong, y'all! Let's DO IT!

"Step on." "Great!" "All done."
full of grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 01:53 AM   #97  

The Faq is on a video game site called gamefaqs. I can give the exact url, but is seem to think one is not allowed to do that. On the above just put the www and the com before and aft. You will then need to select the Wii platform and then navigate to the WiiFit then chose the FAQs tab.

I also read something about the balance board actually being able to handle 700 pounds, but was -rated- for 330 (300 in Japan). However, I couldn't find that info again. I did try to get my dh and my self (combinded weight 440) to step on it together. We made a new char named after our Cats gangster name: Fatcheesio! Sadly, after alot of wiggling,figiting - so called by Wiifit, we were told that we weighed more than allowed. "That weight exceeds my system limit" "I will now reset my software". LOL!!!!! Fatcheesieo then went away and was forever banned from Wii fit!!! LOL- just kidding. It did reset itself though and went back to the Wii Fit Lobby. So, if it is true that the balance board can handle a heavier weight the software can't. .

Last edited by Patt0; 09-19-2008 at 02:07 AM.
Old 09-19-2008, 04:35 PM   #98  
blissfully gluten-free

S/C/G: 195/192/170

Height: 5'7"...................................... waist: 38"/34"/28"

Cool

Quote:
The Faq is on a video game site called gamefaqs. I can give the exact url, but is seem to think one is not allowed to do that. On the above just put the www and the com before and aft. You will then need to select the Wii platform and then navigate to the WiiFit then chose the FAQs tab.

I also read something about the balance board actually being able to handle 700 pounds, but was -rated- for 330 (300 in Japan). However, I couldn't find that info again. I did try to get my dh and my self (combinded weight 440) to step on it together. We made a new char named after our Cats gangster name: Fatcheesio! Sadly, after alot of wiggling,figiting - so called by Wiifit, we were told that we weighed more than allowed. "That weight exceeds my system limit" "I will now reset my software". LOL!!!!! Fatcheesieo then went away and was forever banned from Wii fit!!! LOL- just kidding. It did reset itself though and went back to the Wii Fit Lobby. So, if it is true that the balance board can handle a heavier weight the software can't. .
Fatcheesio!!! HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!

I think you can post links after a certain amount of time on the message board as long as they're not to spammy sites or something.

Have a great weekend, everyone! Happy workouts!!
full of grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 05:47 PM   #99  
Learning to fly again

I am so sore today!

My poor legs are killing me. I really did not want to do anything today. I ended up just popping in Wii Sports and doing some tennis and a few rounds of boxing, it got my heart pumping a little bit but not too much.

I will consider today my day off and workout Saturday and Sunday ... I knew there was a reason why I said I'd only do 30 minutes a day to start hahaha.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:09 PM   #100  

My Day today: WiiFit 21 minutes.
Brisk Walk 30 minutes.
RC:33
Old 09-20-2008, 12:39 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Oh man.. I'm going to have to wait until probably January or Feb next year to get my Wii Fit - can't afford it right now, all my money is going into my savings for Italy - but when I get back I've got a new goal to save for - a Wii and Wii Fit! I also really want to buy the Cooking Mama game - not exercise of course, as you chop, stir, peel and cook food and meals - but it looks like so much fun! Cooking imaginary food!

After reading most of this thread, I've subbed, and if you guys are still doing your Wii Fit challenges in 5 months from now.. (wow that's a while) count me in!

Until then I'll be thinking jealously about you all from my treadmill. Wii Fit was only just released here in NZ within the last month or two anyway.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 10:24 AM   #102  
Failure is not an option!

S/C/G: 254/205.6/154

Height: 5'6"

Goodmorning everyone...just thought I'd update my progress....I just completed my daily 30 minutes on the Wii Fit....I do love the way the piggy bank celebrates at 30 mins....makes me feel like I've accomplished something and puts a smile on my face!
Have a great day and keep up all the good exercise!!!
smiles4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 04:19 PM   #103  

Well, the weekends are a bit tricky owing to family activities etc.

Yesterday: a big fat nothing.

Today: 20 free step - hope to come back for some more time this evening.
Old 09-21-2008, 04:37 PM   #104  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

After a week off, except for a couple of body tests, I did 51 minutes on Wii Fit and then another 52 with Wii Sport. Of course, my HRM battery decides to DIE, so I have no idea how many calories I burned!

Today, I switched to Leslie Sansone and have a fresh battery in my HRM!
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 06:04 PM   #105  
Learning to fly again

Hello all!

Quote:
rainbowstripe wrote:
Oh man.. I'm going to have to wait until probably January or Feb next year to get my Wii Fit - can't afford it right now, all my money is going into my savings for Italy -
Have fun in Italy . I'll be here waiting for you.

I did not do much of anything yesterday either. Today, 30 min. free step and about 10 minutes of free weights.

Enjoy your Sunday!