Old 08-07-2008, 07:30 PM   #46  
fit for me

S/C/G: 154/153/124

Height: 5'2"

wow, i just love my wii. I got it yesterday and I am so excited before i start it. my kids use it too, they had 2 hours on it already today.
bunayguerra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 12:41 AM   #47  
blissfully gluten-free

S/C/G: 195/192/170

Height: 5'7"...................................... waist: 38"/34"/28"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asynchronous View Post
Just got 30 minutes in today, but that's better than none!
You bet it is!! I keep telling myself, "This may just be 'fun' exercise, but I'm seeing results AND it's all better than sitting on the sofa all day long!"

Quote:
The insulation in my apartment is crap, so in the late evenings it gets up to 85 and higher in here, even w the AC at full blast. May not sound like much but it was too hot for me to want to keep going.
Oh my goodness! I couldn't bear that! Bless your heart!!! Ack!

I get my workouts in early--even sometimes in the wee hours before the sun comes up--so that it's cool while I exercise. Then I take a lukewarm/cool shower to cool back off.

Quote:
My battle w step continues, I just can't seem to get the rhythm. Course, it didn't help that my dog was sitting directly to the left of me,, so that anytime I had to step to that side I had to leap over him. He's trying to sabotage me!
LOL!!!!! That's hilarious! My cat thinks we're playing a game. In the advanced step class, when I do the kick out, she grabs up at my foot, thinking we're playing.

Oh well... keeps the workout entertaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maintainforlife View Post
Wow...took me FOREVER to figure out how to get back here. Then checked my previous threads......
Glad you're back. Subscribe to the thread if you can't find it in your userCP.

Quote:
Anyway I have soooo kept up Usually an hour a day...unless the Adult kids...beat me to it! Nothing like competing with the "redos" in my house! (that's what I call my kids since they've moved back home)!
That's adorable!!! LOL!!

I can't believe how long I've been away from the boards (I know, just a few days, but it feels like forever and I have been getting my hour a day in, even though I haven't shown up to report. But I need to remember it's also good encouragement to show up and say "Way to go" to others who are on the challenge with me).

Today I got my best Wii Fit Age ever... a whopping 18 years younger than I actually am! Woo hoo!!!!!!!

Quote:
I LOVE it all. I'm going back right now to see if I haven't noticed the boxing...can't wait to try it! Maybe I haven't stair stepped enough!
It's in the bottom left corner, under the Super Hula-Hoop. I so love it! Did like 45 minutes straight of it today!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunayguerra View Post
wow, i just love my wii. I got it yesterday and I am so excited before i start it. my kids use it too, they had 2 hours on it already today.
Yay!!!! That's awesome.

I think it's doing something really good for kids--and now that phys ed has been taken almost entirely out of some schools, it's great to see kids jumping up and wanting to play in ANY way that moves them physically, rather than playing games on a computer screen with a mouse!

--> "Step on! Ooh!"
full of grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 08:15 AM   #48  
aka Wendi (it's shorter!)

S/C/G: 215/203/155

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by full of grace View Post

LOL!!!!! That's hilarious! My cat thinks we're playing a game. In the advanced step class, when I do the kick out, she grabs up at my foot, thinking we're playing.
Oh yeah, mine does that with yoga. It's not so much a problem with wii fit yoga, but when I do my yoga videos... apparently anything where you lay on your back means he should come nuzzle my face. Takes me out of final relaxation pose when I get cat hair up my nose....
Asynchronous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 08:23 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 192.8/152.2/137

Height: 5'3"

My cats like to sit on the balance board with me while I do the yoga poses! Really disrupts what the Wii balance board thinks of your balance, let me tell you!
kellybones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 06:49 PM   #50  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Hello, all! I'd like to join you in this challenge, if I may! I BEGGED hubby for a Wii and Wii Fit for my birthday last week and he refused! BUT, afterwards, when I asked him what it would take to convince him to spend the money, he said he didn't think it was anything more than an expensive piece of exercise equipment for me and a huge distraction with the games for our son (age 12). However, he said if I wanted to buy it, he wouldn't stop me.

We happened to be at Walmart the other day (after searching EVERYWHERE in stores and online) and they had 2 consoles! So we bought one plus Wii Play and Super Smash Brothers Brawl and an extra nunchuck. Then, I began searching everywhere for a Wii Fit. I even resorted to ebay, but I wasn't going to pay $50 MORE than the list price! So, today, I happened to be checking at Walmart's website and found a way you can give your zip code and they will tell you about available stock in area stores. They said a store about 20 miles away had limited stock, so I called. They had 4 Wii Fits!!! I immediately got in my van and drove there and I got one!!

So, needless to say, I got right on it when I got home. I logged a total of 32 minutes. I am NOT happy with how chubby my Mii is, nor with my Wii age! But it gives me something to work on! I can see myself doing this everyday for 30-60 minutes! If only school weren't about to start.......(I'm a teacher)!
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 07:02 PM   #51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele L View Post
If only school weren't about to start.......(I'm a teacher)!
omg- I hear this loud and clear! I teach 2 classes at a university adn am taking classes to get my ph.d. I just try to squeeze in some where ever I can- a few minutes in the morning, some once I get home, maybe a little right before bed, everything adds up.

Also, sometimes after grading some less than stellar papers, a little wii hulahoop is wonderful!

Edit: It's good to know that all our pets are out to sabotage our workouts, makes mine seem less diabolical.

Last edited by Asynchronous; 08-08-2008 at 07:04 PM.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:38 PM   #52  
blissfully gluten-free

Talking

Quote:
Oh yeah, mine does that with yoga. It's not so much a problem with wii fit yoga, but when I do my yoga videos... apparently anything where you lay on your back means he should come nuzzle my face. Takes me out of final relaxation pose when I get cat hair up my nose....
Totally! That's so not relaxing!! LOL But it sure is sweet. Gotta love the critters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellybones View Post
My cats like to sit on the balance board with me while I do the yoga poses! Really disrupts what the Wii balance board thinks of your balance, let me tell you!
LOL!!! I can just see that yellow zone with the red dot going all over, with the help of the pets! LOL

Quote:
Hello, all! I'd like to join you in this challenge, if I may!
Absolutely! The more the merrier! Welcome!!

Quote:
he said he didn't think it was anything more than an expensive piece of exercise equipment for me
Y'know, I went back and forth about that, myself. My home is littered with pieces of equipment I bought when I was SURE I would work out at home every day (well, none of it is here anymore. We sold it or gave it all away, but I've had a mini-trampoline, rowing machine, skiing machine, ab-roller, treadmill, etc.), so I know the conversation.

However--and I don't know how I knew for sure this would be different, but I did--this time was different. This "thing" was different. And I use it EVERY day and my body is shrinking because of it. Totally worth EVERY penny, already!

Quote:
I happened to be checking at Walmart's website and found a way you can give your zip code and they will tell you about available stock in area stores. They said a store about 20 miles away had limited stock, so I called. They had 4 Wii Fits!!! I immediately got in my van and drove there and I got one!!
That is SO AWESOME!!

Quote:
So, needless to say, I got right on it when I got home. I logged a total of 32 minutes. I am NOT happy with how chubby my Mii is, nor with my Wii age! But it gives me something to work on! I can see myself doing this everyday for 30-60 minutes! If only school weren't about to start.......(I'm a teacher)!
Yay!!!!!! Well, you hang in there. Even with school, hopefully you'll have time to get on even for a few minutes each day. It feels so good, doesn't it? So glad you got yours, got going, and joined us here!

Quote:
I just try to squeeze in some where ever I can- a few minutes in the morning, some once I get home, maybe a little right before bed, everything adds up.
Right on!!

Quote:
Edit: It's good to know that all our pets are out to sabotage our workouts, makes mine seem less diabolical.
LOL LOL LOL

Keep at it, everyone! If I don't check in this weekend, hope everyone has a great one. Got my hour in today and plan to do more a bit later tonight.

So much fun!

Old 08-09-2008, 04:24 PM   #53  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I got on my WiiFit today!!! YAY ME! Went to the gym for 90 minutes, but kinda felt like I gave up on my lower body workout and wanted a little more so I popped on, did two rounds each of step and advanced step. Tried the yoga moves, wasted a few minutes on the breathing one (don't bother with it if you're in a hurry) and did half moon twice and the warrior twice and really felt it! But the dern kids wouldn't let me be so they took over the Wii. Honestly. They play it ALL the time, and I rarely do. But it wasn't worth the fight, DH is taking me out on a date tonight. He won't tell me where we're going yet. And working nights, I slept into the day, got up, ate light breakfast, did my 90 min gym and 20 min WiiFit so I think I can splurge a hair tonight, have a beer and some wings, right?! Fingers crossed that he takes me out to play poker! (I'm a poker JUNKIE)

xoxoxoxo Glad to be on board. Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 04:53 PM   #54  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

wii Fit addict here... subbing in...

did 50 minutes on the wii fit today after 45 minutes on my bike...

i swim or bike and do wii fit when my ankle allows (i have a chronically bad ankle due to dead bone from a prior injury).... i do mostly balance exercises and a bit of the other areas (hula hoop, step, a few strength and yoga moves)
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 05:57 PM   #55  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

Oh my goodness!! I LOVE Wii FIT! Today was only Day 2, but WOW!!!!

I started with 10 minutes of yoga and then went to the aerobic area, where I did the step and unlocked the advanced step. I love those! I did the hula hoop a couple of times, too. Then I went to the balance area and did a few things there. I unlocked the penguins one--too cute!

I think I'm becoming an addict! LOL
Old 08-10-2008, 10:53 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 263/224/150

Im with you!!!
Im going to post daily my results!
Good Luck!
Nicki Rini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 05:46 PM   #57  
Carrie

S/C/G: 194/163/135

Height: 5'4"

Full of Grace Yikes...found the boxing...Holy Moly...kicked the bajebeezes out of me! I loved it! I must say though...the advanced step kicks my booty too! Especially when I try and get a "perfect" for each four movements (on and off)...felt a little rediculous when my family was teasing me for "hogging" the Wii!!! They are proud though...after all, I'm almost 55 !...I'm even beating the mid twenty year olds on the step and Yoga...Whoppee!!!
maintainforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 07:53 PM   #58  

ugg- school's been kicking my butt lately, so I haven't been on my wiifit much, decided of the two I'd rather just keep up the couch 2 5k for now. but I will get back in here w you guys, I swear!
Old 08-11-2008, 09:54 PM   #59  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

Day 4 today! My calves are tight and aching from something I did yesterday, so I did a shorter workout. Logged 25 minutes all with basic step, advanced step, free step, short run and some ski jump. My poor little Mii ballooned up when I decided to put the little extenders on the board. It is telling me I've gained 9 pounds in these 4 days. I know that's not right, but what can you do? It will just give me more motivation to lose it!
Old 08-13-2008, 02:54 PM   #60  
blissfully gluten-free

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseMichelle View Post
I got on my WiiFit today!!! YAY ME!
Woo hoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseMichelle View Post
DH is taking me out on a date tonight. He won't tell me where we're going yet. And working nights, I slept into the day, got up, ate light breakfast, did my 90 min gym and 20 min WiiFit so I think I can splurge a hair tonight, have a beer and some wings, right?! Fingers crossed that he takes me out to play poker! (I'm a poker JUNKIE)

xoxoxoxo Glad to be on board. Michelle
That's so awesome, Michelle! Love it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugnessa View Post
wii Fit addict here... subbing in...
Woo hoo! Welcome aboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugnessa View Post
i swim or bike and do wii fit when my ankle allows (i have a chronically bad ankle due to dead bone from a prior injury).... i do mostly balance exercises and a bit of the other areas (hula hoop, step, a few strength and yoga moves)
That sounds like a great way to strengthen your ankle muscles! It can only help, right? Yay!

Quote:
Oh my goodness!! I LOVE Wii FIT! Today was only Day 2, but WOW!!!!
Isn't it awesome? Today was my Day 30. I haven't missed a DAY!! I love it THAT much. Crazy!!

Quote:
I think I'm becoming an addict! LOL
I will absolutely admit to being one too. No shame here. I love my Wii Fit!!!

"Ooh." "Great!" "Okay!" "Ooh."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicki Rini View Post
Im with you!!!
Im going to post daily my results!
Good Luck!
Awesome! Hope it's going great for you--and everyone!!

Quote:
Full of Grace Yikes...found the boxing...Holy Moly...kicked the bajebeezes out of me! I loved it! I must say though...the advanced step kicks my booty too! Especially when I try and get a "perfect" for each four movements (on and off)...felt a little rediculous when my family was teasing me for "hogging" the Wii!!! They are proud though...after all, I'm almost 55 !...I'm even beating the mid twenty year olds on the step and Yoga...Whoppee!!!
There ya go!!!!!! That's awesome! I love that you're kicking so much butt! Yay!

Yeah, my first time boxing was ROUGH. Now I do expert level about 39 minutes per day. I need to mix it up though. I think I'll go back to some advanced step and, like you, try for perfect every step. My best step class, I got all perfects except TWO "okays" and no misses! I don't know if I can beat that. It was a particularly "on" day, apparently.

Quote:
ugg- school's been kicking my butt lately, so I haven't been on my wiifit much, decided of the two I'd rather just keep up the couch 2 5k for now. but I will get back in here w you guys, I swear!
We'll be here when you get back! Way to go, keeping up with your Couch to 5K! Every little bit!!!

Quote:
Day 4 today! My calves are tight and aching from something I did yesterday, so I did a shorter workout. Logged 25 minutes all with basic step, advanced step, free step, short run and some ski jump. My poor little Mii ballooned up when I decided to put the little extenders on the board. It is telling me I've gained 9 pounds in these 4 days. I know that's not right, but what can you do? It will just give me more motivation to lose it!
Great perspective! Yeah, it's just the change in the equipment that is causing that "gain." It's not you!

I'm so glad I logged back on today. It had been a little while and I needed this motivation. I've only done 20 minutes today (and I usually have my first hour done early in the day, all the rest is bonus. I'm behind today and will now get TO IT!!), so it's good to check in and be renewed!!

Hope everyone is having a great day!