Old 07-21-2008, 07:45 PM   #16  
Carrie

S/C/G: 194/163/135

Height: 5'4"

I LOVE Wii! And Wii Fitness IS the best! Very hard to get either here in Ca. But...my family loves me and got the fitness for me for Mother's Day! Go figure ! Anyway...I'm "IN" for the challange! Did an hour today...I always start with Yoga...and loooooooovvvvvvveeee all the other activities! This is a great idea....thanks!
maintainforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:47 PM   #17  
blissfully gluten-free

S/C/G: 195/192/170

Height: 5'7"...................................... waist: 38"/34"/28"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipernoswiper View Post
okay as usual i'm confused lol! are we supposed to post our wii fit activity here daily? i'm thinking yes........
If you want to! That's what I'm doing. Each day, I know I have to check in here and report my hour or whatever. It keeps me accountable to have a "challenge" associated with getting the workout in.

Quote:
so today i jogged for 10 minutes on the free run and made it a little over 1.4 miles! i'm so proud of that!
i also did aerobics for an additional 30 minutes and divided the rest, yoga balance and strength training for an hours worth of exercise! yay!
Awesome!!! I start with yoga and then do balance, then a bunch of aerobics and strength training, and close with one more each balance and yoga, just to cool down a little.

I have to say that I am totally addicted to the Advanced Step Class and Advanced Hulahoop. Love 'em!! And I never thought I would enjoy a step class of ANY kind.

Quote:
okay full of grace did i post it correctly lol..............
No right or wrong, here. Just do what you'd like!

Glad to have you along on the challenge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by j45rpm View Post
I have a question for the Wii Fit people–is there a lot of thumping involved? I live in an apt. building, and I can't play DDR often because I'd be afraid of bothering my downstairs neighbors. Is Wii Fit similar to DDR in the potential for bothering my neighbors?
I don't know what DDR is, but the Wii Fit doesn't really involve too much thumping. I know on the running games, you don't use the balance board at all and just run in place, so that might "thump" depending on how heavy your steps are, but the majority of the activities on the Wii Fit are ones in which you stand in place or shift your balance, etc., so there's not a lot of noise or pressure on the floor that I can see.

Maybe there are some videos at YouTube.com of people doing Wii Fit exercises so you could see for yourself how much thumping there is and how loud that stuff gets, person to person.

Hope that helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipper15173 View Post
i want in on the challenge. i have been doing 30/60 minutes a day. so will start posting mine here.
Yay! That's awesome!! How long have you had your Wii Fit? Do you ever get less addicted? I'm so crazy about mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipper15173 View Post
be back tomorrow to report my workout.
ttyl, chipper
Woo hoo! Yay! We're having fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maintainforlife View Post
I LOVE Wii! And Wii Fitness IS the best! Very hard to get either here in Ca. But...my family loves me and got the fitness for me for Mother's Day! Go figure ! Anyway...I'm "IN" for the challange! Did an hour today...I always start with Yoga...and loooooooovvvvvvveeee all the other activities! This is a great idea....thanks!
Yay!

So glad we're coming together, here.

I had a big morning and didn't get my Wii Fit workout in before starting my day, so I'm going to do it right now, after I leave the Internet for a bit.

Yay! Love it!
full of grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:35 AM   #18  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

did one hour this morning. i only burned 505 calories. i was burning about 50 more. body must be getting use to it. time to bump it up. i hope to enclude my treadmill, once the doc releases me back to normal life again. see him on friday. i am not even suppose to be doing the fit, but, got tired of weeks and weeks of "DO NOTHING".
check back later. chipper
chipper15173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 05:12 PM   #19  
blissfully gluten-free

Got my hour in last night and today's hour this morning. Phew!

Looks like I'm doing more aerobics each day, which is probably a good thing, having gone from "zero" (couch potato) to "calorie roaster" on the step classes.

Trying to enjoy every day and try new things, more reps, etc., and I'm definitely feeling good!

Wii! (Whee!)
Old 07-22-2008, 09:52 PM   #20  
Tiff

S/C/G: 322/ticker/175

Height: 5' 7"

not much to report 2day only had time for 38 minutes, but at least 25 of that was areobics! c u all 2morrow
pipernoswiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:16 AM   #21  
someday 145

real tired today...only did 32 mins.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:48 AM   #22  
blissfully gluten-free

Thought I was going to have a short exercise period today, but got my hour in after all!

Yay!

Tomorrow is weigh-in day, so I hope to have some good results from having done all of this Wii Fit fun.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:27 PM   #23  
Tiff

S/C/G: 322/ticker/175

Height: 5' 7"

got in 32 minutes on the wii and 20 minutes on the treadmill..........yay!
pipernoswiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 09:12 PM   #24  
blissfully gluten-free

Thumbs up

Got my hour in today and took my measurements (posted results at my blog--linked to the left under my little avatar thingy) and things are going well.

Hit the 10-hour mark on the Wii Fit and my little piggy bank turned GOLD and I was offered the "Ultimate Balance Test" which is PURE EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!

But I know I'll try it again. I'm a dork like that.

See y'all tomorrow! Keep it up!
Old 07-26-2008, 12:19 AM   #25  
blissfully gluten-free

Got in today's hour after midnight, so technically that was two workouts on Thursday, even though the Wii Fit registered each hour on its own day. So it kind of felt like "taking today off," but of course the Wii Fit sees it as another day I did get my hour in. Plus I went for a walk, so it was all good stuff.

I'm betting I will REALLY feel tomorrow morning's exercise, since it'll have been 36 hours between workouts. I'll take it. Anything to change it up a little bit. Gotta do it!

Finally decided to try boxing again and I KILLED at it! Yay! So glad! Phew!

Very fun. Hope everyone is looking to have a great weekend!
Old 07-26-2008, 06:46 PM   #26  
blissfully gluten-free

Thumbs up

Got another hour in today and I am OBSESSED with rhythmic boxing! WOW!! What a workout! I really work up some SWEAT on that one! (And I love it!!!)

Really fun!

Didn't do any yoga or strength training today or yesterday because I did soooooo much of my hour on aerobics, but I think that's probably pretty good for me right now.

Woo!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Old 07-27-2008, 05:31 PM   #27  
blissfully gluten-free

Thumbs up

Sunday's hour.

Check.

Added strength and yoga back in after a couple of days off.

Still obsessed with boxing. I LOVE the sweat!

WHO KNEW??????

Old 07-28-2008, 08:15 AM   #28  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I'd like to jump on board! I've had the WiiFit since the day it came out (we got it presale like two months before, I couldn't WAIT!) and now...it's collecting dust! LOL just kidding the kids like to play it. But I think I haven't been on it in awhile. I'm usually just a gym rat, not much exercise outside of the gym. So today DH has dental surgery, I'll come home put him down with some pain pills and a smoothie, get the house clean, get on the WiiFit.

It's a plan.

Couple of questions......what is BistroMD? Is it a diet plan? and Chipper, why is your activity restricted? did you recently have an injury or surgery?

Oh and do you have to unlock boxing? or is it the boxing from the WiiSports? I don't think I have boxing on mine yet. But then again, I said I don't play it very much! I love the step aerobics, but I wish it were WAY longer. I feel like it quits on me just when I'm finally getting it. I unlocked the advanced one, and I like it too, but the same thing, it's too short! Is there any more step classes to unlock? I like the free jogging one, it reminds me a bit of WATP videos. That you can run a mile in your living room.

Now I'm feeling PUMPED to get back on the WiiFit! oxoxox Michelle

<---it's not a soapbox it's ME on WIIFIT!
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 05:54 PM   #29  
blissfully gluten-free

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseMichelle View Post
I'd like to jump on board! I've had the WiiFit since the day it came out (we got it presale like two months before, I couldn't WAIT!) and now...it's collecting dust! LOL just kidding the kids like to play it. But I think I haven't been on it in awhile. I'm usually just a gym rat, not much exercise outside of the gym. So today DH has dental surgery, I'll come home put him down with some pain pills and a smoothie, get the house clean, get on the WiiFit.

It's a plan.
Yay! Welcome aboard! I'm excited to hear how it goes for you!!

I hope to be a gym rat someday. Baby steps. First get confident by doing the Wii Fit at home, then push myself out the door and into the gym again. Soon, soon!

Quote:
Couple of questions......what is BistroMD? Is it a diet plan?
Yes. http://bistromd.com It's a home delivery service and the calories are between 1200 and 1500 per day, all meals are well-balanced and good on the glycemic index, pretty low carb too, it seems. I'm loving it!! Very fresh and yummy!

Quote:
Oh and do you have to unlock boxing? or is it the boxing from the WiiSports? I don't think I have boxing on mine yet. But then again, I said I don't play it very much!
Yes. It's one of the aerobics items on Wii Fit (bottom left square, when looking at the menu of aerobic exercises). Not sure when I unlocked it, but I think it was my second or third day of use, so not too long after getting started.

I LOVE it!!

Quote:
I love the step aerobics, but I wish it were WAY longer. I feel like it quits on me just when I'm finally getting it. I unlocked the advanced one, and I like it too, but the same thing, it's too short! Is there any more step classes to unlock?
I feel the same way! I was bummed that I didn't even have the option of choosing a longer time setting on the step class. There *is* a "free step" option (right after you unlock boxing, you unlock the free step, I think), where you just tell it how many steps you want to make in how much time, and then you can watch a TV show or something while you're doing it. But that doesn't really appeal to me. I like the little dancing Mii's and love the challenge of all the different steps. But I'm totally bummed that I can't make the step class go longer, go faster, get more challenging, etc.

Hopefully they'll sell another disc of Wii Fit games and challenges, the more of a customer base they develop. I'd sure buy another CD filled with new games and exercises!!

But yeah, I just repeat the Advanced Step over and over... but lately I'm so obsessed with boxing that I'm doing a ton of that--and that one is different every time, plus LONG! It's awesome!

Quote:
Now I'm feeling PUMPED to get back on the WiiFit! oxoxox Michelle

<---it's not a soapbox it's ME on WIIFIT!
Haaaaa! Awesome!

Yay, Michelle! Glad to have you in on the challenge.

I got in my hour this morning (and that was after having gone out--and having STAYED out way too late--last night) and am ready to hop back on again.

Glad you're dusting off your Wii Fit and I hope you have as much fun with it as I'm having!

Woo!
Old 07-29-2008, 07:51 AM   #30  
someday 145

---Chipper, why is your activity restricted? did you recently have an injury or surgery? ----

i had to have major surgery. which the doc #1 fully released me on friday. so today i am choosing my treadmill. i have missed it so much, because of the surgery and an ankle injury a year ago, i haven't been on it in a very long time. iam really looking forward to it.
i might do the wii later. today is my 31st anniversary so don't know what i will get in today.

be back later, chipper

Last edited by chipper15173; 07-29-2008 at 07:52 AM.