The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 12-05-2006, 05:00 PM   #1036  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

I finally downloaded the whole Jillian show from 12/6....did anyone else notice that the quote of the day was from OzLoserToBe? I remember her - she used to post tons here at 3FC!! She didn't get onto the show that year, I wonder if she made it later?

Now I'm downloading past shows - way easier to listen via a downloaded version - when I tried to listen online it kept dying and starting over. Good stuff - tho!!

ledom - muscle tone still feels good, I think I've been eating more carbs, more like 50/25/25 split....I'll have to run the FitDay reports. For anyone browsing thru my Fitday entries...I know the ice cream cones aren't a great plan....but I don't wanna hear about it...lalalalalalala *searches in vain for fingers in ears smilie* I have so few vices left - when I try to cut them out it just seems wrong.

graciezoe - !! 4.8 pounds more gone!! That's amazing!

twinklegirl - ain't it a trip when you start liking exercise? I never thought I'd see the day, either.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:47 PM   #1037  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Gina - ain't no one here scolding you - what you're doing works and it is hard to argue with that.

How many times a day do you eat?

Back a few years (I have more or less followed this lifestyle for five or more years) when I was doing BFL I was eating 6 small meals a day. This past year when I had my biggest success I cut back to 4. But, now I am wondering if maybe a little spell of 6 might help me cope with the season better.

Man alive it has been cold here. So cold you can't stand outside more than a minute. I didn't realize how that would wear on me, I think loss of body fat plus the fact that it has been really really cold really early in the season has taken me by surprise. Finally this afternoon it was warm enough for a walk - I gotta have my nature walks.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:00 PM   #1038  
Chick

Well I had my tour. The gym is 1/2 mile or less from my house. It is a Sports Clinic and gym. No classes, great many machines and equipment. I think I am excited though shy about going in the first time. It will be a chance to really concentrate on weights. You pay by the month, you can skip a month and rejoin at any time. It's $35 a month with an initial $20 one time only joining fee. They prorate the month so it cost me $48 to get going.
Old 12-07-2006, 04:49 PM   #1039  
TwinkleGirl

S/C/G: 220/179/154

Height: 5'9"

Hi Girls!
I'm down another 2 pounds or so I'm really happy with that, i was worried i might still be on my plateau and that last week was just a fluke. I'm extra happy because this is the weight i wanted to be for Christmas. I originally wanted to be at my goal, but after having 1 6-week plateau and 1 4-week plateau i knew that wouldn't happen, so i settled for this weight. I think upping my calories just by an extra 100 a day or so really helped. I was so strict with keeping them between 1200-1300, i was sabortaging myself.

Chick- My Tuesday little gulity pleasure is to listen to Jillian's radio show, i love it! OzLoserToBe never made it onto the show, but Jillian has been personally coching her. She's doing well, i speak to her sometimes at Jillian's site.

Ledom- The gym sounds good, as long as you don't want to do classes. Let us know what happens!

Hi Angel, Gracie and Cindy!
Old 12-08-2006, 08:44 AM   #1040  
Chick

TwinkleGirl you are positively twinkling! You are doing SO good. How gratifying to hit your Christmas goal.

Well, I had a great workout this a.m. - in my basement! It was 18 degrees this a.m. and all of a sudden just walking down to the basement was very appealing. I did switch things up though in anticipation of a new routine. It made it less boring.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:30 AM   #1041  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Hi... ...uh, remember me? **hanging head....** I can't believe how long its been since I last posted. One day turns into a few, then a week passes by, and then you can't remember the last time you posted!! Sorry girls!!! I miss you lots but literally drag myself home from work, throw some food together, get them to their karate classes, homework catch up for the boys, get them ready for bed and then I crawl into bed also. Days 2-14....REPEAT!! Hopefully once the holidays are over, I will have my hours cut back and I can deal with day to day life again. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, I hope!!

On a more positive note.....CHICK!!!...AWESOME JOB ON THE 150'S!!! You rock GF!!! Major kudos to you.

ledom......Great news on the gym! I agree, you are ahead of the big 'new years rush' for signing up now and reaping the benefits, besides its just too cold to be outside. Tell us how your first visit goes.

Twinkle.....wooohooo on the loss this week!!! You are on your weigh!! Thanks for the tip on Jillians radio show, I also had no idea.

Gracie....yikes, a 4+ lb loss!!! AWESOME JOB!!!
Old 12-10-2006, 10:50 AM   #1042  
Chick

angel-eyes it's good to hear from you!. Sorry to hear you are so busy - work can really put a crimp in your lifestyle, can't it? I hope that you are enjoying it as well though.

I went to the gym yesterday and had a good workout. It is scary going into a new gym to work out the first time. Everything is so new and different and you feel like you stick out like a sore thumb. I went yesterday (sat.) about 10:30 and there weren't many people there. For a little while I even had it all to myself. I concntrated on back and biceps and cardio. I did extra cardio and worked up a good sweat. The machines, while they walked me through and told me how each worked, when I was alone they seemed so confusing. I don't know if I should hire a personal trainer for one session to actually show me how to work through them, or just observe a while and see how other people use the machines. I'll figure it all out in time I suppose. Anyway, I think it'll be a great experience for me.

I am about to enjoy one of the benefits of my teaching job. A month off starting on Tuesday. I am pumped about that.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:57 AM   #1043  

ledom - I hear ya on the confused by new machines thing. One thing I did was to decide in advance which machines I was going to use, just a few to start with(a few for front day, a few for back day). Then have someone show you how to use just those machines. Then keep using the same machines for a couple weeks. Add in new machines one or two at a time. You'll be comfy in no time. I also wrote out what exercises I was going to do from the book, if there was an exercise I wasn't sure how to do, I added stick figure drawings of how to do it. I ain't no artist, but it was enuf to figure it out.

I'l post more in a bit - work is calling very early today
Old 12-13-2006, 05:56 PM   #1044  

Well - we still haven't bought a truck...I might be buying plane tix here in a minute. Anyhoo - life has been a bit busy! We are scheduled to roll outta here on Saturday. Dunno when I'll have time to post again. So to everybody just in case.
I actually have managed to get my workouts in this week - and I haven't had time to eat crazy stuff.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:22 AM   #1045  
TwinkleGirl

S/C/G: 220/179/154

Height: 5'9"

Hi Girls!
I have been so busy lately, but have still been getting my workouts in, except for today. I've been fighting off a few injuries, one to my left quad muscle and one to my right hip. I dedided to stop fighting it and just let it heal. My main goal from now until the new year is to not gain. I don't think i'm strong enough to lose anything, but i mainly just want to maintain. Hope you are all doing well!

Chick- MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! And thank you for inspiring me to make a Christmas ticker!
Old 12-15-2006, 02:57 PM   #1046  

Default bee

been away and your guys plan your working on sounds awesome... id realy like to start it... how... where.... give me details please...
Old 12-16-2006, 07:12 PM   #1047  

Hi sugarbutt! Go get Jillian's book "Winning by Losing".....and welcome back!

Hey everybody else - we didn't find a truck so we are flying out tonight. Happy Holidays everyone!!
Old 12-18-2006, 07:53 PM   #1048  
Chick

Chick - here is a shout out to you. Sorry I didn't get a best wishes on your trip greeting to you before you left. So in case you check in while you are on your trip I hope you are having a blast.

Merry Christmas week to everyone. I hope that the goodies are locked away and your workouts are going well. I had a my first really fabulous workout at the gym today. I stayed for 2 hours! I am feeling much more comfortable there.

I have been SO BAD for the last couple of months. When I weighed this a.m. I can't say I was surprised but I was very unhappy. I do this every year and I hope someday to get a handle on dealing with the holidays. But, starting today I am back with it diet and exercise, heart and soul. I hope I hope I hope that this is a lot of water weight, at least some of it. I just have to get it right back off. I can't even admit how much I have gained but let's say if I hadn't given away my larger clothes I would be digging through them right now. I guess it is a good thing I got rid of them because unless I want to be buy larger sizes I have no choice but to get myself together and that is the last thing I want to do. Luckily I have some time right now to devote to this so....that is where I am right now. Down, but not out.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:42 PM   #1049  
Chick

Ha Ha. Today was fun. The personal trainer introduced herself to me after my workout and asked me who trained me and told me that my form was great. That was a great compliment and I was so glad she spoke to me because I have been watching her and her clients with interest. And THEN, she asked my if I'd like to come to her Strip Tease aerobics class that meets at a bar here in town twice a month. I am not sure what it involves but not actually taking your clothes off I was assured, more about taking the inches off. I am intrigued and plan to give it a try. Anyway, another good workout. I am feeling really good about joining up with this gym. I seem to be able to workout longer and am getting to use machines that are so easy to set up. I lost 2 lbs. overnight and feel so much better now that I have turned the corner and have the scale going in the right direction.

How is everyone doing? Cindy, Angel-Eyes, TwinkleGirl, GracieZoe, Sugarbutt? I know it is crazy right now.

Last edited by ledom; 12-19-2006 at 12:50 PM.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:11 PM   #1050  
Lovin' Zumba!

Hey guys - me still lurking. I think at this point I need to just hold my own until after the holidays - there is just no time or energy for working out with the workload I'm carrying right now.

I did have blood drawn for a thyroid test today - I asked the doctor to look into it because of my lack of progress through 10 weeks of BFL (late aug-oct). Maybe there is a reason I'm struggling so much with this, or maybe there is not - I'd just like to know.

Can someone please tell me the info about downloading Jillian's radio show? Maybe she can motivate me to get back on track sooner than later!

I was surprised to see no chatter about the end of this TBL season. I was frankly amazed at how much progress they all made. I guess the winner was on the Today show and said they had 9 months total - isn't that more than normal?

Ok, back to work - just took a quick break to do some catch-up reading, and my time is up!

If I don't get a chance to get back here before this weekend, you all have a great holiday!
Cindy