The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 11-11-2006, 10:55 PM   #991  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi chickies!

It has been a busy week....but I have gotten most of my workouts in. This morning was spin class for a whole hour... Most of the weekday classes are 45 minutes or a 1/2 an hour. I didn't have anything left for front day this morning....maybe I'll try and do both front and back tomorrow.

Nikkii - about all you can do for a friend who doesn't want to face reality is live as an example...when she sees how healthy you are eating right and exercising...maybe she will finally come out of her denial. In the meantime - I would do what you are doing, carry on without her. I walk at night in the summer, too....seems so wierd you guys are having summer right now..

graciezoe - WTG on 3.6 pounds gone!! Don't trip too hard about the holidays - someone put it pretty well on another thread, think of them as holi-DAYS, not holi-MONTHS and you will be ok. If a splurge day or meal is in the plan it ain't cheating.

twinklegirl - YAY MUSCLES!!! You go, girl! Sorry about your Dad, I've been thru similar with my Mom...it's so hard!

angel-eyes - glad to hear you are enjoying the paychecks...if not the extra hours Hope you can fit some quality Mom time in.

ledom - how was the paddling weekend?
Old 11-14-2006, 11:38 AM   #992  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Hey guys. I know I have been MIA for a while. Paddling was great - it was one of those adventure trips. I seemed at the edge of my ability with the boat, the water, and the rainy weather conditions. I loved every minute of it too. I know being in shape made all the difference in my ability to do it.

Last Wednesday I took a few days off and took a short road trip. No intinerary, just be back home by today. So in 5 days I drove almost 2000 miles out to Ruidoso, New Mexico.

It was a great trip. It is billed as my fall retreat and I used my time to take lots of pictures (b&w film photography) and get my thoughts organized for an exhibit of my work coming up in about a year.

Today I am concentrating my focus on unpacking and getting back into my food routines.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:10 AM   #993  
Chick

Me again. I need you guys, 3fc, all the pros. I have been sinking back into some very bad habits this past week or two. OK two. I don't know where it came from. Oh, actually I do. Stress. Stress at work, stress at home, and not living up to my healthy living regime creates even more stress. Man, I didn't even see it coming. Time to rein in and get myself together. Yesterday went pretty well but I didn't workout and supper came from Sonic. When you are starting to collect Sonic receipts you know you are in trouble. So, here I am at confession. Trying to make myself accountable. Pulling myself out of this funk.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:51 AM   #994  
Nikkii from Australia

S/C/G: 101/90/56

Height: 156cm

Hi Everyone,
How is everyone going? Well i have had a good week with exercise,,,until i rolled my ankle and have torn the fascia on the top of my left foot so it hurts non stop,,,so i have to do the ice bucket then into hot water etc to help it....
But Ledom i have been too picking at the wrong foods too which is depressing that it un does all the hard exercise!!
Anyway i have a web page i keep forgetting to put up, if you all like to have a look...
http://www.myspace.com/nicole_dillon
Regards
Nikkii
Old 11-16-2006, 11:05 AM   #995  
Chick

Morning Nikkii - take care yo'self. Is your avatar a picture of your dog?

Hey everyone else. What's up? So a slow dig out of whatever pit I have been in. I know my motivation is wavering and I know that happens from time to tiime and I am trying to remember all the tricks for getting my footing back. Before and after stories sometimes helps. Weighing every day helps but I am scared of that today. Keeping food at the ready is essential, I am taking care of that today. The fire - that is what I am trying to find though. So anyway, it is a hard time of year. It just is. But it doesn't have to go from bad to worse. I am working toward better.
Old 11-17-2006, 04:03 AM   #996  
Nikkii from Australia

Hi everyone,
Ledom- lol yes it is a pic of a bulldog. I love them, the pushed in face that only a mother could love...lol
Well i hope everyone is doing well. I have been doing everything so slow this week!! But all is well for a change. It is sad today as it is Belinda Emmett's funeral...The show ROVE has been cancelled for the rest of the year....And we have had fires down my way, and the air is full of smoke...and ash blowing around everywhere!
Nikkii xxx
Old 11-17-2006, 05:51 AM   #997  
TwinkleGirl

S/C/G: 220/179/154

Height: 5'9"

Ledom- I'm sorry to hear that you've been feeling stressed lately. Sometimes life just gets in the way of all our other plans. One of the things i've had a lot of trouble with is realizing that life goes on. If i eat crap, and don't work out, i still have to go to work, i still have to go to school, my family still needs me. If only we could all go spend a few months at the biggest loser ranch! I guess working out how to live a healthy lifestyle but also one that fits in with our lives is really important, and i have realised lately that if i don't work out, mentally i just crash, i end up feeling really negative. That's enough right there to keep me exercising. You're in a funk at the moment, but i know you can pull yourself out of it. You have made such amazing progress! We all have some times when this seems to get to hard, but you did good by coming here and telling us. Now you just have to find your groove and get back on track! You know what to do, count those calories and get moving. You're going to do great, i just know it! Let us know how you're going.

Hi everyone else!
Old 11-17-2006, 09:27 AM   #998  
Chick

Ah thanks Twinklegirl - all good advice. I am sorry my last post was such a downer because I know there are no excuses. Finally yesterday I had a good day in terms of diet. I also grilled chicken breast, made turkey meatballs and spaghetti squash so my fridge is stocked now. I DID NOT get up and work out. Sleeping in felt so good. But you are right. I have to get that back too. I think I have gotten really burnt out on my old routine. I am always most happy when I am outside doing something. (Not a workout per se but I did rake my leaves yesterday.) Anyway, I have to find my way back to my heavy duty workouts. I am getting there.
Old 11-17-2006, 04:26 PM   #999  
TwinkleGirl

S/C/G: 220/179/154

Height: 5'9"

Ledom- We all have our moments of feeling really down, it's great that you came here for support instead of just trying to deal with it on your own. Great job with the food! That all sounds awesome! Yeah you have to get back into exercise, but take your time. I know personally that if i force myself to much i end up hating it and i'm more inclined to take extra days off in the next few weeks because i just don't like exercising any more, when it would have been better for me to have a day or two off in the beginning. You don't want to end up hating exercise, so in the mean time things like raking the leaves are good. You WILL get there.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:50 PM   #1000  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

HI!
Sorry I've been AWOL....planning a trip to Mexico to visit family in December. I've been keeping up with my exercise but not my web surfing. Foodwise I decided to allow myself extra calories - it seems to have helped with the bingeing.

twinklegirl - good advice! I think it IS about doing what you can keep up. If you hate exercise, it will never be a habit.

ledom - I don't see anything wrong with raking leaves in place of a workout. If the yard is decent sized you can really work up a sweat...sweat is sweat - doesn't matter how you get there.
It is hard to spark the flame when the fire goes out....but maybe you don't need a bonfire, just a candle that keeps burning a long time. You might not feel 100% gung ho all the time...but ya keep plugging away at it. Not as dramatic and exciting, but easier to maintain in the long run.

Nikkii - your dog is adorable! And your pic on the myspace page is gorgeous!! I hope your foot is healing...

Angel-eyes & graciezoe!
Old 11-17-2006, 10:32 PM   #1001  
Chick

As usual Gina, your advice is so valuable. Thanks for putting these words out there for me.

"It is hard to spark the flame when the fire goes out....but maybe you don't need a bonfire, just a candle that keeps burning a long time. You might not feel 100% gung ho all the time...but ya keep plugging away at it. Not as dramatic and exciting, but easier to maintain in the long run."

I am feeling even better today. I did weigh - I don't want to talk about it. It was sobering. I bought a lot of salad stuff tonight. I know there are rich meals coming this week. But there are going to be a LOT of very health, low calorie meals, more of those by far.

Anyway - how exciting about your trip to Mexico. I remember your pictures from last year.

Everyone have a good weekend.
Old 11-18-2006, 06:01 AM   #1002  
Nikkii from Australia

Hi Girls,
Ledom- I hope your feeling better...raking those leaves will be a good workout for your arms and core / abdominal muscles...so dont feel gulity if you dont get a workout done....
Cat in the hat - Thanks for the compliment- it was taken back in the days before kids...lol The foot still sore but slowly meanding...At the moment i have been looking for a refuge dog to adopt...A little dog like a jack russell or something...
Anyway, i have started my replacement drinks for breakie and lunch with fruit, youghurt and nuts in between meals and normal dinner at night....
Its 9pm, and i am feeling peckish, so i am trying so hard not to raid the fridge and the nice croissants on the bench...lol
Hope everyone elses is going ok....
Love
Nikkii xxx
Old 11-18-2006, 11:43 AM   #1003  

S/C/G: 305/190/120

Height: 5' 5"

Morning everyone

Ledom- I think raking leaves is sometimes harder than a conventional workout. It sounds like your eating is on track...it so hard this time of year.

nikii-I hope you find a dog...we got our dog Gracie at a rescue league when she was 6 months old. She is the smartest dog we've ever had.

chick in the hat- Wow, I just took a look at your before and current pics, what a inspiration you are.

Well I've lost 3.4lbs this week but for some reason my hour workouts have been so hard to get through. My legs just felt soooo heavy. I've switched things a little because of it. Tuesday and Thursday I used a stepper and Wednesday the treadmill...and two days of the treadclimber, but really, the only day I had "fun" exercising was today. We went to Gillette Castle State Park with my two dogs and walked the trails for a couple of hours. Both, dogs and people, are much happier.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-19-2006, 05:15 AM   #1004  
Nikkii from Australia

Hi,
Well day 2 on the diet change and feeling good....i want to hop on the scales but i havent in fear that if i see no change it will depress me and blow my diet,,,lol so i will try and hang out!!
Good job on the exercise graciezoe! Yes sometimes we do have to modify our workouts to our soreness....lol as pain does suck!!
Anyway i hope all is going well....
Nikkii xxx
Old 11-19-2006, 11:31 AM   #1005  
Chick

Graciezoe - how incredibly inspiring. WAY TO GO!
Glad you are liking your new diet Nik.
Let's hear it for getting your workout out of doors. Breathing fresh air and looking at the blue sky. I have raked, put in a pansy bed, and tried to plow through my filthy house this weekend. Putting things in order for T'ing company. One hike on the mtn. yesterday, 1 mi. in the neighborhood this a.m. One day at a time.