Old 04-23-2008, 07:26 AM   #691  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

For Dee, Chelle, and all you other Admin Professionals today.

My Maxine Calendar had a great one for you all (I just love Maxine ... she and Chelle are my idols)

"Don't take your secretary to lunch today. Send your secretary to lunch. Believe me, your secretary gets plenty of you at work."

Have a great day ladies. I am in training from 10-3 today, so I won't be on the boards after this as I have a standing 8am meeting.

See ya!
Old 04-23-2008, 08:03 AM   #692  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

I had the strangest, most disturbing dream ever last night. It was so horrific I woke myself out of it at 5AM and immediately sprang up to check on my children. I sat by my son's bed wanting to cry and hold him but knowing I could not wake him up. I have never had a dream like this before and it will not leave my mind. I will never forget it. It had me, hubby, and my son in it and hubby's friend but for most of the dream I didn't recognize us, we were all very different people doing things that we would never, ever, ever do, until the very end when we tried to correct the damage in a panic and then I recognized us but it was just so disturbing I really made myself wake up, like I was starting to wake enough that I knew I could not finish it or something

Anyway, I know the exact scenario of this dream will never happen, there's no chance of it, but what does it mean that I had this dream? And why can I not forget about it, and why do I have this creepy, strange feeling and want to cry all day over it as if it happened? So strange, this has never happened to me before...anyone have any theories about dreams?
Old 04-23-2008, 08:42 AM   #693  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

The cop that pulled me over was not cute at all.... if he'd have handcuffed me I would have

Now on the other hand... if it was his hot police buddy I saw in the parking lot...

Last edited by chellez; 04-23-2008 at 08:47 AM.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:44 AM   #694  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Friends and Happy "Hump" Day. (Chellez, git your mind outta the gutter!) It's so nice to see so many of us who are excited to begin this next challenge. For those of you who are saying that this thread is hard to keep up with, you ain't seen nothing yet! When the challenge starts, the threads move quickly. Please remember, you can post everyday and get "personal" with everyone, or just post every few days and let us know how you're doing. It's all about what works best for you.

Sally -I'm sorry you've been sick. Hope the antibiotics start working quickly.
Theresa- I don't believe that dreams foretell anything about our futures. Sometimes, eating something spicey before bedtime or the temperature in the house will make me have bad dreams. Sometimes, my dreams are a direct result of something I've read or something I've seen on TV. I know how unsettling having a dream like that can be. Hope those lingering feelings leave you soon.
Jaime - How are you feeling today? How's the project going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon2BFitChick
Here's to each of you! May this journey be one of self-discovery, of one where your strength surprises you, where supporters come out of nowhere for you, where you feel that you can do anything you put your mind and heart into, where you hit your goal and more. I'm wishing you all Good Determination because luck isn't needed.
Selina, I absolutely adore your attitude. This is why many of us join the challenge....for support like that. Thanks!

Vanetta - So, you made the decision to look for another job? Good for you! It's gonna be exciting to see where life takes you in the next year or so.
Chellez - so glad you beat that ticket, girlfriend! (BTW, nice avatar...but I do miss seeing your lovely face every day)
Dee - You've made some great changes around your house. Last year, I switched all of our lightbulbs to CFL. I haven't had to change a lightbulb since then...and, we can eat dinner without sweating to death! I miss our curbside recycling. They don't do that here in Georgia. Why am I not surprised? I have to collect everything and take it to the recycling center. Bit of a pain, but so very worth it. Now, if I can just convince my oldest DD that it doesn't take 45 minutes to shower...evern when she has to shave her legs!
Melissa - Hubby was going to drive an hour this morning...just to get a ticket for me to drive another hour this evening to see Bob and get his book signed. It was really a sweet offer, but I had to decline. We just don't have the budget for it right now. Enjoy your special book.....you deserve it.
Anne - 5000 calories in one week?! Wow! You are on track with the exercise.
Anna - Sorry that Will didn't enjoy the farm. I must confess, I had a touch of the hooch myself last evening. How is Meara?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nori71 View Post
Jeez, it's nearly time to start dinner and I only have a great 1,200 calorie-burning workout and a long steamy shower to show for the day.
1200 calories? In one workout? Wow...remind me, what exercise are you doing?
Beth - Congratulations on losing 30 pounds!
Zinke - Congratulations for throwing away the Doritos! You son doesn't really need them.
Jerzygal - The signups for this challenge have been locked, so you won't be able to be placed on a team. However, you are welcome to come and chat with us each day.
Andi - So glad you're feeling better and are able to get back to working out again.

Today is just another normal day for me....lots of work and lots of motherly housewifely duties. Hubby and I did walk again last evening. This time, we only did 1.3 miles as it was getting late. The temperatures are going up a bit around here. I still have the air conditioner off and the windows open, but I got a little toasty yesterday afternoon. It's definitely not comfortable weather for walking at lunch anymore. We're planning on eating dinner a little earlier each evening so we can fit in a whole hour of walking before youngest DD's bedtime. The scales still aren't smiling for me. It's my own fault as I've not been logging my food and calorie counts. I'll try to do better today.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 04-23-2008 at 08:47 AM.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:52 AM   #695  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Good morning, Friends and Happy "Hump" Day. (Chellez, git your mind outta the gutter!)
No worries... I rarely "hump" anymore... what'dya think I read romance novels for?

Quote:
Chellez - so glad you beat that ticket, girlfriend! (BTW, nice avatar...but I do miss seeing your lovely face every day)
I'm glad I got out of the ticket too! I still sped to work this morning Its habit... I've always done it.

My avatar is from World of Warcraft... I miss my Vishous one but the girls over at the Brotherhood forum are getting pissy about people using there siggys and avis on other sites.

No fear Kelly.... I made that Zsadist one for you so you don't have to take it down.

Last edited by chellez; 04-23-2008 at 08:52 AM.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:00 AM   #696  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Good morning ladies~ I've been MIA for a few days now. I took on the job of watching my 5 1/2 month old nephew. My sister got in a jam and needed me to watch him for a couple of weeks while she looks for a new daycare. The good thing is shes paying me, so I'll have extra spending money for Vegas He is such a little cutie pie, but I'm not used to babies anymore. My baby is almost 5!! He is really good though...Thank God! We've been having beautiful weather here. This kind of weather makes me want to get up and move. I can't sit inside when it's this nice out. The kids have really been enjoying it also, and a huge plus is at bedtime there is no fuss. They are worn out and ready for their beds by 8 Exercise and eating have been going really well. I'm going to post my starting weight Friday. Not much else going on though. I miss Biggest Loser!! I'm so glad WorkOut started up though....do any of you guys watch that show? It's on Bravo. I'm obsessed with it...a little juice and some great workout tips, what more could a women want Well I hope your all having a fantastic week!
Old 04-23-2008, 09:05 AM   #697  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

good morning, dears!

All is well here. Will had nice, long talks with both parents last night, so I hope to see an improved attitude. If not, he is off to first grade in the fall. Meara is her normal cheerful self. learning phonics at the speed of light. I have had my coffee, so at this point, life is good. (And my girl won last night, so that helps.)

My weight is up, and I just don't know why. Oh, well. That makes me a bigger asset to my team as I will have more to lose. What a great attitude, huh?

I get to spend the day moving 6 cu. yards of dirt. I hope to get some seeds in this weekend. We are going to the Earth Day celebration on Saturday, but Sunday is supposed to be lovely as well.

Have a great OP day!
Old 04-23-2008, 09:28 AM   #698  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Good Morning everyone! Well, yesterday was my lazy take the day off day! I feel like having another one today. But, I need to get back to business here! I feel fat and gross so its time to do something about it, cant be waiting till Saturday! That would just be wasting more time and heaven knows I've wasted enough of that already!
Old 04-23-2008, 09:29 AM   #699  

S/C/G: 162/156.5/142

Height: 5'2+"

Morning Losers!

Can't wait for this challenge to start...I need a kick in the a$$!

Old 04-23-2008, 09:55 AM   #700  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Good morning everyone.

Yesterday was the day from **** and I don't normally hit the hooch...ever...I mean, I don't drink except maybe a small glass of wine every now & then and maybe some spiked egg nog @Christmas....but yesterday sucked so bad that I drank an entire bottle of wine in like an hour or so and I was ALL kind of messed up and even did some drunk posting! LOL I'm scared to go back and see what I said.

Apparently, getting completely stressed out, skipping lunch and dinner and getting drunk helps ones diet plan. I'm down to 195.6 this morning, lol.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:14 AM   #701  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Roni - I may have to try your new diet plan. I haven't drank at all since 2001, and not on a regular basis since 1999, so I don't imagine it will take me more than a drink or two.

Kelly - That Maxine is a smart chick! That's exactly the way I'm feeling about our lunch today. Yes, the flowers are nice, lunch will be fine, but normally we get a $50 gift card too. This year no gift card has appeared. Bummer. That's really the only part I was looking forward to. I was going to use it to buy Bob's book and the rest was going to new running shoes. I did get a mini photo album and note cards from our HR Director.

Beth - Congrats on your loss!

I need to go do some work, I'll be back later for more.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:26 AM   #702  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Red face

I'm catching Yesterday's episode of Day's of Our Lives on SOAPnet and Jillian has a "guest" spot I guess, and she's in the GYM training Maggie & Sami (Aliison from TBL) and it was pretty funny. The shows "ho" (Nicole) was in there being her nasty little self and Jillian told her about herself and when she left, Nicole says, "Could she be anymore of a big loser" That cracked me up. Doesn't take much... I think I am hung over.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:43 AM   #703  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

S/C/G: Year 2010: 149.8/145/130

Height: 5'6"

i'm so excited about the challenge starting next week!! i order the proform ab machine last friday and it shipped on monday...and it's to be delivered tomorrow....so just in time to get the use to it before the challenge begins so will have three things here to workout with, plus need to start using my hand weights for my arms, so have the treadmill for cardio, the body by jake hip & thigh sculptor for my lower half and the ab machine for the trouble area lol yippee...so excited
Old 04-23-2008, 11:03 AM   #704  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Quote:
1200 calories? In one workout? Wow...remind me, what exercise are you doing?
I did 2 hours yesterday...1 hour of intense lower body training...as in hundreds of squats, lunges, step-ups-to-balance, deadlifts...and then 1 hour of cardio including 20 minutes on the stepmill with gets my HR way up there and I do HITT on it...and 40 minutes on the elliptical. Today I'm feeling like abusing my upper body. I'm frustrated with the scale for the past week. I've been fairly careful to stay within my calories and I've been hitting the gym good, and not lost 1 oz. Oh well, there must be a 2-3 pound drop coming soon. I do notice inches coming off consistently, so that's a good thing! Otherwise it'd be unbearable!

I love reading what everyone is posting. I apologize for not being very personal lately.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:19 AM   #705  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

PRE CHALLENGE CHALLENGE

Name five things you are doing today to make you and/or your family healthier.

I will start:

Restarted my probiotic regimen

Making vegetarian lo mein for dinner because it is guaranteed that my kids will eat the vegetables I include (They are crazy for bell peppers of all colors.)

Going for a hike

Moving dirt for a nice upper-body workout

taking time this evening to meditate with 'the band' after rehearsal