Old 04-22-2008, 01:12 PM   #661  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

I'm glad it worked out so well Chellez...is there a way you can make sure he did "take care of it" I am paranoid, but I would worry he'd forget or something and it would go unpaid...until you get pulled over again and end up in handcuffs

I am the driver in the mini van all ya'll speeders and rushing past because I stick within 5 of the speed limit, but that only started since I had kids and am so scared of something happening with them in the car. I used to get tickets all the time back when I was single and wreckless

ADDED: we must have good insurance because hubby had a ticket in the big truck and I had an accident which was not my fault, but they totaled my van and I got a new one...and our insurance never went up, actually it just went down last we renewed.

Last edited by Purplefirefly; 04-22-2008 at 01:16 PM.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:32 PM   #662  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Might want to rethink the speeding Chellez - at least for a while - out by me when they give you a warning you might not get a ticket but it is flagged on your tags. If you get caught again they look you up and throw the book at you.

My personal opinion is that I sure do wish they'd pull over the people who run red lights and stop signs or are completely distracted by yakking on the cell phone or - and I'm seeing this more now - TEXTING WHILE DRIVING. What is wrong with people? They are more of a menace than someone doing a few miles over the speed limit.

Happy Earth Day. If everyone did just one good thing for the planet today, it would be fantastic. I picked up trash outside the building at lunch, am trying using less water today (bye bye nice relaxing warm shower) and I have one of those very low water, high efficiency washers. As I take my lunch time walk around the office, I am shutting off lights in unused conference rooms - and there's alot of them. I would love to use the cloth shopping bags but I'd need 100 of them If I shopped each day I'd use much more gas than I'd save by using a paper bag.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:09 PM   #663  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiedieter View Post
Chelle - If you go to court and the officer doesn't show, doesn't it get dismissed? Also in FL if you pay your fine by check and write it for at least $8more than the cost of the fine, they have to send you a rebate. When they send the rebate, if you don't cash the rebate check, your record never gets transmitted to the Insurance Co. DH told me about this, he works in law enforcement, and one of the guys he knows at the traffic office told him about this. Don't know how it would work in VA though.
http://www.snopes.com/autos/law/ticket.asp
Old 04-22-2008, 02:14 PM   #664  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Thanks Rhonda, Melissa and Beth. After I posted I was like well I could just slow down the C25K and do each week twice... silly me. I will look at the one Rhonda posted and look for the one Melissa mentioned. Thanks Chicks!
Old 04-22-2008, 02:35 PM   #665  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Hello all,

I've been absent, but very busy. I sometimes wonder how I can be so busy when I'm not working, but hey. Exercise is so on track it's not funny. With the new HRM I think I've amped it up a little (small things like jogging to get the heart rate up when starting my walks and such). I was really kind of surprised to find that I burned over 5000 cals through exercise in a week. The weather has been nice enough that it's project time in the garden. Also found out that all that walking and lifting didn't really prepare me for digging, transplanting and such. It's very tiring. I have been reading the thread from time to time, but never seem to find any time to respond. Hopefully once the threads split into the teams I'll keep up a little better. So today, just two quick personals (as I have an afternoon swim to get in).

chellez - that's rough (about the speeding ticket). Hope it's all worked out. I've had one, but that was about 20 years ago. It was a whopper, although the judge asked me if I was a student, and then gave me the minimum fine. Although it didn't completely cure my of my speeding, it has made me more cautious.

Hun.e.B - glad to see that your husband is home. I hope he's doing well.

A big to everyone else. If I'm not back later in the week (which I will try to do) then we'll see you all at the start of the challenge.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:43 PM   #666  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Good morning and Happy Earth Day!

So, is anyone doing something special for your earth today?
When isn't it Earth Day here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellez View Post
On a side note.... I got Bob's book in the mail yesterday so I'll be reading that and will have discussion about it later today.
Reading or rolling around naked on it? It's not the same, you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanetta View Post
I'm considering the C25K...I know there is a whole thread for it, but since I am here and know some of you have/are doing it...at what pace do you start?
MPH? Fast enough to look like I am 'running' but not so fast that I puked in the neighbors' yards.

When I used the treadmill, I was between 5.4 and 5.6. I run a lot faster on the street because I tend to let my music set the pace. That was one of the things that killed me when I started--running too fast too soon. It is NOT a race, and I encourage you to repeat any weeks that need to. The 20-minute run was a huge milestone for me, but I had to do that one for a while. It was a mental and physical hurdle for me.

So that I was not being a crazy speeder girl on the road, I started listening to books and podcasts. There was nothing to drive my pace but my own ability. Later I did some playlists that I knew would push me a little, but that was months after I had hit the 5K mark.

Quote:
IThis is the second ticket I've gotten out of... I'm thinking my luck is very good considering I speed daily and haven't gotten pulled in 6 years of living in this area.

*knocks on wood again for good measure*
Did you forget to tell us the part where you showed him your boobs?

We went to a farm today for what was supposed to be a lovely outing. Will was a troll the whole time. It was one disappointment after another, and he did not handle it well. Finally, I had to leave. He was in his room for two hours after we got home. If he does not get a grip on managing life's bumps, he is going to have a very hard existence. he is really going to be upset when we reads the apology note that he has to copy. Makes me want to eat chocolate and lock him in a closet.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:02 PM   #667  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
But I still dont have a signed Bob book....

Cant I have yours?
*gasp* no way jose!!
Old 04-22-2008, 04:04 PM   #668  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by findingfawn View Post
Thanks Rhonda, Melissa and Beth. After I posted I was like well I could just slow down the C25K and do each week twice... silly me. I will look at the one Rhonda posted and look for the one Melissa mentioned. Thanks Chicks!
Fawn the one that Rhonda posted is the same program all laid out for you so you dont have to get the book!
Old 04-22-2008, 04:34 PM   #669  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinkemomx2 View Post
I am so shamed! Obviously I've never needed to use that knowledge though, so I guess that's a plus. Wonder how much extra money the states have collected this way over the years?
Old 04-22-2008, 05:18 PM   #670  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Wow - I cannot even begin to try to catch up on all I just read!! I miss a day because I have to work and it's not fair.

Anyways, congrats on the ticket disappearing, Chellez!! How low was your shirt?

BIG HUGE congrats on Mr. Hun.e.B. getting to come home!!!

Anna - I've given up second guessing springtime's true arrival around here also. It's just weird weather...at least all my tulips are up and blooming! I've got about 10 hanging baskets to put together though. I'm going away this weekend, so it's will not be for another couple weeks I guess...

Theresa - either it's good insurance or they just don't run DMV records very often! The same thing happened on my parents insurance. My little brother was still a teenager and got in 2 accidents and received 2-3 tickets and insurance just never ran it apparently, because their rates were never raised.

Our insurance on the other hand must provide a full time job to someone to just sit and run records! You better believe every infraction/ticket we've been involved in is mentioned during the next renewal period!

I heard that Whole Foods is now totally plastic bag free from today on! That's great! I wish all stores would follow. I know in Europe (at least in Scandinavia, where I've lived) you have to BUY each and every plastic bag in the grocery store (for 10 cents), so you better believe people recycle their plastic bags, or use cloth ones. I actually never saw any paper ones there. I know sometimes when I ask for paper, if I've forgotten my reusable ones, the checker almost does a double take!

Well, I must get some work done. Jeez, it's nearly time to start dinner and I only have a great 1,200 calorie-burning workout and a long steamy shower to show for the day. Well, and taking care of 2 especially busy little girls. I don't know what got into them today!
Old 04-22-2008, 05:29 PM   #671  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nori71 View Post
Theresa - either it's good insurance or they just don't run DMV records very often! The same thing happened on my parents insurance. My little brother was still a teenager and got in 2 accidents and received 2-3 tickets and insurance just never ran it apparently, because their rates were never raised.
:
They list anything new on the papers when we renew our policy, and hubby's ticket has never been listed, but with the accident it has been listed and they more than know about it because I filed a claim. They had me drop the van off at a dealer, who called the next day and informed us the insurance guy looked at it and is going to total it, so they paid us what the van was worth...I thought they would raise our rate since they had to pay us out so much, but it never did raise. I think it dropped this last time because we renewed right after we both turned 31, so maybe not being in our 20s anymore gives us some credit.

Added: and just a few months before the accident we had another claim for hail damage all over that van, and it never raised after that either. Of course, those were our only two claims in over six years with this policy, but I thought for sure with them coming so close together it would be raised.

Last edited by Purplefirefly; 04-22-2008 at 05:32 PM.
Old 04-22-2008, 05:46 PM   #672  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Vanetta, I tried the c25k thing and had to repeat weeks several times and finally just said eff it and I do my own thing. Some people are faster than others but I truly believe you have to do a speed that feels right for YOU. There are day's when I am more energetic than others. Some day's I can go faster and longer and then the very next day I am struggling. It just depends. A good day, my little short self can do 3.5 for my catching the breath phase and 4.0 to 4.5 running. On bad day's it's 3.0 walking and 3.5 to 4.0 running. We are not racing against anyone but ourselves. That's the beauty of it.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:09 PM   #673  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Very well put Diva!

I wanted to go get my hip put back in place but hubby made a comment about always having something wrong with me.. either not feeling well, or feeling like being lazy (usually rainy type days), or something aching... so I decided I just won't mention it anymore. I know he didn't mean that I should do that, but I do sometimes feel like I complain all the time, and that is so not the person I want to be. Oh well, it's not hurting as bad as it did yesterday, so maybe it's on the mends on it's own again.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:49 PM   #674  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplefirefly View Post
I'm glad it worked out so well Chellez...is there a way you can make sure he did "take care of it" I am paranoid, but I would worry he'd forget or something and it would go unpaid...until you get pulled over again and end up in handcuffs
Come on! this is Chelle. Are the cuffs a deterrent REALLY?
Old 04-22-2008, 06:52 PM   #675  

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
Come on! this is Chelle. Are the cuffs a deterrent REALLY?
you're right, she probably flashed him and told him not to pay it, he can arrest her next time...would be kinda kinky in the back of a police car, tight quarters. yep, sounds like her kinda thing.